Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Mortmal

Arcane
Isn't crafting only possible when you trade with an NPC?

Yes, you can trade with the cleric in the first room
Yeah but they take all your equipment, so it doesn’t even matter haha.

Don't you get it back later? Yanos tells you he is hiding your gear not destroying it. Pretty sure everything taken from you is recoverable.
It is.. after the whole mooncrpyt , every tomb trigger an encounter , you cant rest, some have stats and level drains, then when you are done, still no rest, you get in that lava room jarlfrank spoke about with only two char while the rest of the party get raped by demons. When you are done with the lava room, you still have a boss fight outside mooncrypt, no rest still...So yes you get your shitty starter equipement waaaay later.I did it with a quasi pure melee team, i think mage ressources would be completely exhausted quickly.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Did you find the buried treasure in the sewers using a shovel or do you have to get the quest for that?

BlackGoat

Arbiter
When you are done with the lava room, you still have a boss fight outside mooncrypt, no rest still...

Haha fuck, what?

Haha.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
qlV21Qt.png

jungl

Augur
game sounds easy is the crafting feat in the game? Its probably mandatory to get like first kotc.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
game sounds easy is the crafting feat in the game? Its probably mandatory to get like first kotc.
There are no crafting feats, you find any caster NPC and you can craft whatever you want if you have the gold/xp/gems/ingots

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Looks like the SJWs already arrived to shit on KotC2's monocled design decisions:

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

tl;dr: someone who claims not to be a rabid progressive gets overly emotional about KotC2 giving different stat bonuses to male and female characters, and when I defend the game's decision he calls me a retarded troglodyte.
Is this creature even realize that even with slightly less strength minmaxed female fighter is still in ubermensch territory?
Dare I say that JarlFrank was pretty......based?

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
When you are done with the lava room, you still have a boss fight outside mooncrypt, no rest still...

Haha fuck, what?

Haha.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
You thought you were done with the lava room ? you though you'd get out easily liek that ? Pierre was waiting sneakily in a corner to smash your balls with an hammer.

Even Pierre in his combat demonstration videos can't win in the fights... I just don't get what he is thinking

I just keep hoping Pierre is going to realize he accidentally shipped the version with a bug that removed two easy dungeons. I just can't believe this difficulty is intentional.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah it feels to me like this would be a reasonable difficulty if your party was consistently 2 levels higher. Just add an easier beginner dungeon before everything else and the game will be a lot more manageable.

jungl

Augur
What I don't get about adventurers in DnD games. How come they don't prepare a stack of wizard eye scrolls to avoid all the surprise encounters. You think this shit be a number one priority but similar to how in zombie movies the humans never wear plate or protective gear.

Tigranes

Arcane

Haha fuck, what?

Haha.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
You thought you were done with the lava room ? you though you'd get out easily liek that ? Pierre was waiting sneakily in a corner to smash your balls with an hammer.

Even Pierre in his combat demonstration videos can't win in the fights... I just don't get what he is thinking

I just keep hoping Pierre is going to realize he accidentally shipped the version with a bug that removed two easy dungeons. I just can't believe this difficulty is intentional.

Actually, I suspect that as he gets around to fixing all the bugs he'll realise that some of the special attacks for bosses aren't firing or something and re-enable them

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
What I don't get about adventurers in DnD games. How come they don't prepare a stack of wizard eye scrolls to avoid all the surprise encounters. You think this shit be a number one priority
Except in majority of cases adventurers are literally murderhobos, who don't have any estate or business to finance stacks of scrolls from a wizard, who in his turn lives either in some big ass tower far away or in big city (far away too). Shit time consuming and can be costly.
There exceptions through, but it only confirms one rule - adventurers are mostly hobos who instead of begging for money on streets decided to spent their excessive free time more productive for society - killing monsters and refreshing economy with loot.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Tried the goblin arena again, the greens won, but the fight never ended.

I've noticed that whenever it fucks up like that the game always crashes when I try to close it.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
The game's difficulty so far wouldn't be too bad (yes, it is insane, but fine, I am used to that...) but the fact that the fucking thing crashes 85% of the time when I drink a potion of water breathing, only to then crash 85% of the time when I transition into the optional underwater encounter sure is somewhat... well...

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
HeroicFantasyGames.ComCreatorabout 4 hours ago
Hello everyone! :)

Apart from a few people with pledges that are still being processed, everyone should have received their email with the download details by now. You can also have your password be sent to you by going to http://heroicfantasygames.com/DigiVendorPro/download.php?page=resend_password&goresend=1 and pasting your email address there.

My sincere apologies for the bugs! I will fix them all as soon as I can. It's a complex game and this is only the first version, so I don't think it's right to expect a perfect bug-free game right from day one. When I played through the entire game on Vista and Win 10, I had no issues. I can't fix problems if I don't know about them.

Anyway, you can visit the Discord channel to help rank the bugs in priority order, that will help.

A few tips to avoid certain bugs: please play in windowed mode and don't cast spells out of combat (though you can set the automatic casting of out-of-combat spells in the character sheets).

I'll be travelling on 6 and 7 July, so I should be able to start work on a new version of the game from 8 July. I will also try to compile a 64-bit Mac OS version soon.

I'm going to be busy with travel stuff now. Thank you everyone! :)
KoTC 2 is drugs. I would love to play more. But my game keeps crashing :(

Anyways, this is good news. I guess I'll just wait until he starts work on the next version.

Noddy

Augur
Yeah the area transition crashes are killing me too.
Just beat the first big battle 3 times in a row and had it crash every single time.
Gonna try it in wine and see if it's any more stable.

On the positive side being forced to do the same battle over and over again is forcing me to git gud. Beat it the last before the southern room could spawn.

Dyskolos

Cipher
Yeah it feels to me like this would be a reasonable difficulty if your party was consistently 2 levels higher. Just add an easier beginner dungeon before everything else and the game will be a lot more manageable.

If you open the module in the editor, select Special in the top bar and choose edit module data then you can change the 'maximum character level' setting to whatever you want. Save it, start a new game, and use the 'level-up character' option in party creation to boost your party members as needed and you'll be able to add them provided they're not over whatever max character level you set. You'll have to start over but you would anyway once a bug wipes your progress so there's little lost.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
All right, I defeated the optional pool encounter with the druids and frogs. No 300 HP or cheats needed, but the Chaos domain power almost does feel like cheating.

Rpguy
Git gud!
I used a level 3 Monk and a level 3 Cleric with Aberration/Pandaemonium. Because the game kept crashing, I had to use the Potion of Water Breathing mid-combat. I drank the potion, summoned the tentacled horror as a decoy, confused the mobs with the other domain power and had the monk kill them.

Edit: now if only I could actually leave the pool without crashing

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
This whole gold for leveling up and having almost none of it is starting to drive me nuts, I killed the mimics finally and everyone can level again, but I'm too fucking broke to do it. Messed with that book, it ended poorly of course since I spent all my spells on the mimics. I have one camp left with the ratmen and every time I try to do the goblin arena it breaks down somehow, wouldn't be so bad except that fight takes forever.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
All right, I defeated the optional pool encounter with the druids and frogs. No 300 HP or cheats needed, but the Chaos domain power almost does feel like cheating.

Rpguy
Git gud!
I used a level 3 Monk and a level 3 Cleric with Aberration/Pandaemonium. Because the game kept crashing, I had to use the Potion of Water Breathing mid-combat. I drank the potion, summoned the tentacled horror as a decoy, confused the mobs with the other domain power and had the monk kill them.

Edit: now if only I could actually leave the pool without crashing

I never managed to drink a potion of water breathing without the game crashing. In or out of combat.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Oh, that's good, if you return after the pool fight to drink from it, then dive back in, there's 3 more giant frogs...

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Also:
You could try Aberration domain cleric, apparently the summon is OP, especially if you take augment summoning and summoning mastery feats. Makes the pool fight much more beatable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom