Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Knights of the Chalice 2 Trailer released

Mortmal

Arcane
If first Kickstarter goal is replace all the art, ill certainly back it.

He made it pretty clear in the interview that he is not going to do that.
Well he spoke of getting better art in the trailer, so i had a slight glimmer of hope for this ...

Mortmal

Arcane

Farewell into the night

Mortmal, what do you think of black metal music? Would you preferre modern Behemoth over early Bathory?

Tigranes

Arcane
If you're not hyped by five minutes of D&D turn-based combat, spell effects, saving throws and character sheets then something's wrong with you.
Dont make the same mistake on your game, presentation matters, and D&d fans have lot of money . Look at this Kickstarter, its lot easier to write such book than make a computer game.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...collectors-edition-for-dandd-5e-a/description

Honestly? Yes, five minutes of turn-based D&D combat and character sheets hype me like fuck. If it was a video on a store page I am buying immediately.

At the same time, I'm thinking: man, it's a horrendously shitty looking game (again, not because it's not 3D or whatever, but because it has hideously inconsistent and ugly art direction across tokens and UI elements, unlike KOTC1 which might have been lo-fi but very consistently styled & looks great IMO).

So yeah, I'm saying, fuck it I'm a RPG nerd enough, I play Wizardry 1, I'll even play weeaboo shit if it has good TB combat, so of course I'm buying this. But I hold no illusions about any potential consumer that might love old-school RPGS but whose love may not be quite as pure as a Codexer.

If Pierre says, this is it, I know this will lose me a lot of money, but doing anything more on art will really compromise the gameplay, and fuck it I only want the most diehard RPG fans to play my game - then fine, it's his choice, and I'm buying it either way. But from the interview, it seems to me that Pierre isn't actually really aware of just how terrible the game looks, just like he wasn't really aware of how dumb it was to refuse to put KOTC on Steam for so long, or how terribly unappealing his strategy game was.

jungl

Augur
first knight of chalice most user friendly dnd PC game I played. Could imagine it being released as a title for the gameboy advance.

Mortmal

Arcane
Mortmal, what do you think of black metal music? Would you preferre modern Behemoth over early Bathory?
Black metal music does not fit so good with classic D&D, although i remember they used something close in birthright. It's much more suitable for something action packed , Now in a shadowrun game , Warhammer 40K or a shooter like doom that fits very well . I'd pick behemoth over Bathory.

aratuk

Cipher
Hopefully the Kickstarter will raise enough money to cover moving back across the Channel when the UK purges itself of foreigners in a couple of weeks.

:flamesaw:

I guess it's too late now to actually receive any KS money before that happens, so I hope there's a backup plan in the event that Pierre is driven into the sea by Brexiters.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
If you're not hyped by five minutes of D&D turn-based combat, spell effects, saving throws and character sheets then something's wrong with you.
Competent turn-based combat is basically my gaming fetish.
That doesn't change that this looks like a a fresh steaming turd, even compared to the first game from the same dev.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
I don't care the art style used in KotC2, I care its mechanics and I will back and play it for what it is, a fucking good DD simulator on PC

entr0py

Scholar
Ummm, I feel a little bit weird now after reading the comments. I don't know anything about the first installment but when I saw the gameplay demo for this game it instantly grabbed me and I felt like this is some worthy project to look forward to. I guess the size of creature tokens are proportional to their HP/boss status so I thought, that its nice to have some new mechanics that even visuallly tries to tell the player which are the big baddies. Seemed kinda refreshing, and I do hope our own adventurers can grow to legendary proportions ;)

How is the first game? I cannot find it on Steam, and not even on my go-to torrent site...

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
In terms of visuals very different, think Ultima 7 only with actually good combat. Also, KotC is basically a narratively arranged number of superb designed combat situations, and if you like combat then you will be in heaven. Don't expect a good story, or lots of world-building complexity or basically anything else than combat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom