Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KotC 2 is amazing

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I fucking love some of the tactics I was able to use in this game,

- a flashbang tactic of disrupting my enemies with Stinking Cloud, before using knockback arrows to keep them therein and casting Grease/Web under their feet
- using Psionic spell Energy wall on the ground tjhen pushing my enemies deeper into it and knocking them prone with Gust
- tripping an enemy standing in my Energy wall and cooking him every turn while he procs AoOs

Almost like having physics without actual physics

Last edited:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I am proud of the insanely good frontline I made in this game. Two gladiators with Greater Trip and reach weapons. You will be in disbelief once you try this.

Basically they act like two knights in Chess. You either put them in front to pick off everyone, or keep them close to guard the group (anyone who gets close is tripped prone automatically) while slinging spells. It is a *must* to get them Combat Reflexes, Great Cleave and at least 14 DEX, to increase AoO frequency and damage.

And Blind Fight of course.

Defensively you have Uncanny Dodge a very prized and rare feat.

Last edited:

Doc Sportello

Learned
Patron

KotC 2 is amazing? Never will I find out because 1.64 grinds my CPU to 99% and makes everything stutter.

Did you also pirate it and the only copy you could find was v1.64? I'm in the same boat friend but no stuttering here, just high as fuck CPU usage. If it's a bit better in the most recent version I might consider buying it, I played just the turorial but it's good shit, very funny game.

:thumbsup:

this would be one of the best games of all time if it could simply figure out how to have the graphics in Low Magic Age or D20 Dungeons. It is just so fucking tragic to me that almost every game maker on earth who can't make an actually fun game manages to make at least passable graphics and then the ONE guy who makes great hand made encounters and dungeons can't understand or figure out how to put 25 year old graphics or just decent still images into his game. COME THE FUCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY?

Cat Dude

Savant
It should be ; The game is amazing..because it does look like the games that I had played during my childhood :roll::roll:

Serus

Arcane
Patron
If you liked ToEE, JA2, Fallout Tactics, Dark Sun, etc., there is no way you won't like this
TOEE and perhaps FT, sure. However JA2 and Dark Sun had some more or different things going for them. Exploration, interesting setting, humour, possibly more. If someone found those, not only combat, important when playing Dark Sun or JA2 then he might find KotC2 lacking. KotC2 is great, amazing even, the best there is, but only in one thing - everything combat related (encounter design, enemies, difficulty, AI...). It is decent in a few other aspect - character building, itemization but this is about it. Everything else - including exploration - is not that good. Still an amazing game but VERY limited in what it does well. I don't care about story (much, you know me) but better exploration I could use. The game lacks the feeling of travelling through some unknown dungeon or underworld. Just a couple of, sometimes disconnected, rooms - basically each one just a stage for a (very well made) battle. Is this because of the size (it all feels so unnaturally cramped)? Because of lack of other elements? One or two puzzles here and there, a trap resolved by dialogue, etc... don't do it for me. Even first KotC with felt better somehow but maybe it feels that way because i haven't played it for a long time.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
If you liked ToEE, JA2, Fallout Tactics, Dark Sun, etc., there is no way you won't like this
TOEE and perhaps FT, sure. However JA2 and Dark Sun had some more or different things going for them.

Exploration, interesting setting, humour, possibly more. If someone found those, not only combat, important when playing Dark Sun or JA2 then he might find KotC2 lacking.

Not if you play Hearkenwold. It has a HUGE world you can explore and great writing.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What?? Tell me more
The Kickstarter promised additional modules and Pierre has been working hard at delivering the first of them.
6b65ba54f574e1c243bd7667e2eab461_original.png

Serus

Arcane
Patron
What?? Tell me more
The Kickstarter promised additional modules and Pierre has been working hard at delivering the first of them.
6b65ba54f574e1c243bd7667e2eab461_original.png
For some reason - probably me being slow - i always thought AoC was the first of the three planned modules. This is better because the first module will be low level - or at least starting with low level, just like AoC. I'm not too optimistic about anything high level using D&D which means the Heart of Evil module will probably suck. The Dark Arena otoh, might turn out great. Forces of Chaos perhaps will be good as well.

Snufkin

Augur

KotC 2 is amazing? Never will I find out because 1.64 grinds my CPU to 99% and makes everything stutter.

Did you also pirate it and the only copy you could find was v1.64? I'm in the same boat friend but no stuttering here, just high as fuck CPU usage. If it's a bit better in the most recent version I might consider buying it, I played just the turorial but it's good shit, very funny game.

:thumbsup:
Yeah, I pirated it.. There are other versions also you may wanna check on Torrminatorr.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom