Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware KOTOR 2 Restoration Project (not the Restored Content Mod)

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Fuck yeah.

Monocause

Arcane
treave said:
There doesn't seem to be a bitchfest going on at Gizka forums though. Maybe they're more mature than I thought.

Well, aside from this Darth Dan guy who made a dozen of "I'm fed up and I'm leaving" posts but at the same time was one of the more persistent TG posters, it seems that most of the lulzy emotions have slipped away from their boards. Not surprising.

I'd wager that we're still in for at least a couple of "It's good that it's released but I'll wait for TG's product as I'm quite sure it's better because my dick says so" posts.

racofer

Thread Incliner
treave said:
There doesn't seem to be a bitchfest going on at Gizka forums though. Maybe they're more mature than I thought.
No. They just, more likely, didn't hear that this one just got released since they have their heads shoved so deep in dashus's ass it's impossible to hear news from anywhere else than their shitty forums.

TNO

Augur
Wait a minute. So these guys managed to do about as much work as TJizzka (amirite?) In a fraction of their development cycle (when did they kick off, a couple of months ago?) And release it without vast amounts of lame faggotry? Nice.

I doubt the restored content, despite all the song and dance, will actually improve the game substantially. Not especially good gameplay (insanely easy, even on hard, although I enjoy it more than BG2 micromanagement) and a good story which is teeing up a sequel which probably won't happen. Oh well.

tl;dr. Lol at TG.

Lumpy

Arcane
Supposedly, it contains everything TSLRP does except for the things Team Gizka decided to create by themselves.

Starwars

Arcane
I don't think that's true. I believe this new mod doesn't contain any bugfixes, but only restored content. A good deal if you ask me, considering that it's released (or the beta at least).

Nedrah

Erudite
Nedrah said:
-Bug Fixing: The Distinguished Opposition (Team Gizka) claims that they are fixing every single bug in the game. In addition to slowing down their progress, this has served to only create more bugs. TSLRCM has fixed pretty much every major ingame bug from the unmodded version of TSL, as well as plenty of smaller bugs too. However, we are not fixing every single small bug such as awkward camera angles and grammar errors that were there to begin with because that is not what we are setting out to do. This is a TSL Restored Content Mod, not a TSL Perfection Mod. However, unlike The Distinguished Opposition and TSLRP, we plan on offering continuous support for TSLRCM after the release, so patches with bug fixes are perfectly possible.

I posted this a whole page back, so of course some speculation as to what they did concerning bugs is justified. Anyways, I remember that there were going to be some additional changes as well as that whole droid planet thing, so I think I'll wait a bit longer until I give this one a test drive.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Trash said:
http://forums.team-gizka.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5458

I decided to rile them up a little.

Hopefully the starting shots of the war are fired over the weekend.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom