Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KOTOR2 Early Review aka Bashings, Smashings, & Cursings

sInfernal

Novice
When the Ebon Hawk fell down the chasm, did it actually HIT the bottom? Perhaps Atton or someone woke up and managed to steer it out of the fall.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Well, I'm not gonna read any missing ending posts or listen to the sound files. I'm gonna wait for either Obsidian to fix it or someone to mod them in. If they could have just done without the "OMG XMAS LOLOLOL!!!11!" rush, KOTOR2 would probably be a quality product. As is, it's buggier than a Troika product and not as complete.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Then you are one of the lucky few. The game is riddled with bugs. I got choppiness now and then with Bloodlines, but that's about it. Once I got out of Peragus in KOTOR2, however, the bugs hit. Freeze/zoom movement, terrible lag in wide open spaces (and, no, it's NOT my system or video card), NPCs fluctuating like mad from light to dark and back again, quests breaking causing me to have to go back to a previous save and twice making me have to start the entire game over again. Sorry, I did not encounter ANYTHING that nasty in Bloodlines or Arcanum. TOEE had some nasty bugs, but the official patch fixed any problems I had.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Plus the bad A.I., one rare but fatal game stopping computer bug back on Peragus, crashes and some quest related characters that doesn't show up in some cases and thus making quest not possible to finish. Whenever testers start doing their job, I'm going to get my fanboy status revoked and start dangerous death cults in the developer's honor instead.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
KOTOR2 is buggy; but I don't know if I'd put it on BL or TOEE level. It's not that far removed from them though. <>

Sol Invictus

Erudite
It's buggy. There's issues. But I wouldn't put them anywhere near that level. Performance, for starters, isn't bad, and that was my biggest qualm with Bloodlines.

dunduks

Liturgist
Kotor2 is very buggy, I have all the bugs Hanzo mentioned and it is not my box, becouse even Bloodlines were not so choppy or slow. The most funniest bug I had was on Nar Shadaa - I was trying to get Exchange attention so I slaughtered the whole of them in their HQ (including that squid guy), imagine my surprise when I got his message to meet him at the bar and he was alive :shock:

NeverwinterKnight

Liturgist
Otaku_Hanzo said:
Then you are one of the lucky few. The game is riddled with bugs. I got choppiness now and then with Bloodlines, but that's about it. Once I got out of Peragus in KOTOR2, however, the bugs hit. Freeze/zoom movement, terrible lag in wide open spaces (and, no, it's NOT my system or video card), NPCs fluctuating like mad from light to dark and back again, quests breaking causing me to have to go back to a previous save and twice making me have to start the entire game over again. Sorry, I did not encounter ANYTHING that nasty in Bloodlines or Arcanum. TOEE had some nasty bugs, but the official patch fixed any problems I had.
id say YOU were one of the lucky ones, as you see from volourn and exitium, bloodlines was in fact a jumbled mess of bugs.

which isnt to say kotor2 isnt, but you make it sound like im one of the only ones who saw bugs in bloodlines, which is absolutely false. just check out their tech forum at planetvampire. theyve got more complaints on there than obsidian does on their forums.

sInfernal

Novice
dunduks said:
The most funniest bug I had was on Nar Shadaa - I was trying to get Exchange attention so I slaughtered the whole of them in their HQ (including that squid guy), imagine my surprise when I got his message to meet him at the bar and he was alive :shock:

...That's a different NPC... (The one in the Refugee HQ is Saquesh and the big leader is Visquis.)

I did not have many bugs/performance problems at all. Performance-wise, it was totally good except for a few huge areas with many NPCs. In those circumstances, still, performance wasn't bad at all - there was choppiness JUST enough to be noticeable, and not a bit more. I was running default settings with 1024x768 resolution.

I don't have a really top-end system, either - Running an Athlon 2100+ with a Ti4200.

Bug-wise, I only had one bug (and some CTDs, but nothing else noticeable) when I began to train Handmaiden to become a Jedi. At first I CTDed after the movies, but when I reloaded the movie wouldn't play (just a black screen). I ended up just quicksaving at the black screen and reloading, and everything was back to normal (I think I was able to move around and interact with the environment at the black screen, except I could not see anything).

I think running around with Burst of Speed is taxing on the system, though, as at least one of my CTDs came during that.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
NeverwinterKnight said:
which isnt to say kotor2 isnt, but you make it sound like im one of the only ones who saw bugs in bloodlines, which is absolutely false.

Never said that. Just saying that I had way more bugs in KOTOR2 than I did BL. Also saying that there's a buttload of people in the Obsidian forums who have had lots of bugs as well, hence you being one of the lucky ones because not many people have reported no bugs whatsoever. I'm just glad I didn't get it for the Xbox. :shock:

NeverwinterKnight

Liturgist
Otaku_Hanzo said:
because not many people have reported no bugs whatsoever.
thats kind of a false assumption. generally, when people dont have problems or issues with something they tend not to post about it. its usually only people with problems with the game that post. hence its kind of a stretch to infer that since no one has posted they have NOT had problems, that those people dont exist or are in the minority.

I'm just glad I didn't get it for the Xbox. :shock:
funny thing is, ive got the xbox version and have had no problems. my friend has the pc version and hes been having big time problems. i think the pc version is buggier, but the fact it can be patched makes it seem the better option.

Stainless

Novice
As buggy as KOTOR2 was, it never had a bug I had to cheat through console to get to the next section of game, unlike a certain Bloodlines game....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom