Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KOTOR2 Early Review aka Bashings, Smashings, & Cursings

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Eclecticist said:
Okay. I am annoyed.

Over the last three days I've invested 24 hours into the game. I've beaten Korriban, I've beaten Dantooine, I've beaten Nar Shadda and I've beaten Onderon. I won the support of three Jedis, who said they'd go to Dantooine when I'd found them all, and I found the dead one on Korriban before defeating the Sith lord.

So, my problem now is...nothing changes. Dantooine is the same old map, ruined enclave and all. I've checked FAQs, and nothing like this has occurred. I've been enjoying the game a lot, and it burns even worse now that I can't finish it due to some kind of bug. I am assuming it was something to do with Korriban, as I didn't get a Journal log saying 'blah blah will meet you at Dantooine' - but dammit.

I can't go back to an old save unless I want to do all of Korriban and Onderon again. Anyway, if any of you wonderful people have any suggestions for an infuriated fool, please let me know. I am hoping I have made a simple mistake.
Talk to Kreia and she'll tell you to go to Dantooine. If you have done that already: enter the enclave and wander inside to find the jedi people.

If it still doesn't work: you've missed something. Have you reflected on your past in the Korriban caves?

Eclecticist

Liturgist
I try to avoid Kreia like the plague, so I'll give talking to her a shot. It shits me that everything has to revolve around dialogue with that old bag. I better get to kill her.

All she says is 'We must go to Dantooine, to the enclave.'

Even when my party is standing on Dantooine, in the enclave, in front of that irritating disciple that refuses to go away.

Rhombus

Liturgist
Eclecticist said:
I try to avoid Kreia like the plague...

Too bad, talking to her and gaining her influence has some very nice advantages.. atleast it had for me..

Edit:
And I found having her in the party pretty nice.. Due to the appearant force bond or whatever.. Put her on "Jedi Support" AI and give her all the buffing powers on lvl up and you don't have to bother much about that yourself.

Stainless

Novice
When you go back to the academy the front door should open up. You're not ment to go back into the sub level.

Incidently, figured I'd make a mini quote forest. Probibly end up repeating what some others have said I'm sure...

Another piss poor thing is when leaving in Ebon Hawk you tell Atton to NOT blow up the asteroids as it might kill any remaining miners; but he does it (or something convuted happens) anyways. Whatever.

Well, the video is called "Scion destroys Peragus", and you'll notice the green lasers blowing up that big asteroid. Not red ones which the Ebon Hawk will shoot it with, if you tell Atton to blow up the belt.

STR in KotOR2 is pretty damned useless, BTW. Guns rely on DEX, your AC relies on DEX, and if you add Finesse: Melee or Finesse: Lightsaber, you got all that wrapped up in one attribute.

By the end of my first game, my char had 41 strength, and could bitch slap any boss in 1 hit.

Is everyone of your followers (excluding the droids) force sensitive? I was very annoyed when I had to make Bao Dur a Jedi Guardian (it was the only meaningful dialogue choice I had at this moment)

The wookie is the only non-force sensitive. Then again, I've yet to have found that Bao Dur jedi training dialogue option (I run out of the things).

1.) Party members can't craft armor.

They can. Also, if you talk to someone with a party member, and attempt to use persuade, it'll roll their persuade skill, as oppossed to the PC.

I got that bug in KotOR as well

Same. I've had the dialogue skipping, random crashes, my speakers go haywire and start going all loud on me, loose of sound in videos, and I recently ran into a wonderful bug that crashes your game if you select a certain dialogue before boarding the Ravenger.

"bit to short, about 24 hours tops and I was done."

WTH? Do you even read anything? Usinga walk through? On speed? I'mat 23 hours, am level 19, and still got a few planet sleft. WOWSERS! Then again, I take my time. <>

ROFL. You're calling the game short because you skipped all the sidequests and probably skimmed through the dialogue and didnt bother with the NPC advancement? That's retarded.

Not much difference to mine. I finished it at around 24 hours, did practically all the quests, trained all my minions in the force, and gained max influence over everyone except the droids.

A nice touch I found was how if you told Atton that Revan was an evil chick who wanted to unite the sith, Carth never made a showing due to him getting killed at the end of KoTOR (if that path was followed).

Interesting game, but far too easy.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Eclecticist said:
I try to avoid Kreia like the plague, so I'll give talking to her a shot. It shits me that everything has to revolve around dialogue with that old bag. I better get to kill her.

All she says is 'We must go to Dantooine, to the enclave.'

Even when my party is standing on Dantooine, in the enclave, in front of that irritating disciple that refuses to go away.
That's the sub-level. The entrance to the enclave is on the left (right from where you get out of the sub-levels). Now go and have a talk with the mighty jedi people. :wink:

Halfway through the third planet in the game (Nar Shadda) and I can safely say that this is a brilliant game, the dialogue and plot twists are completely enthralling, its definitely superior to the first one, you can tell that some of the writing in this was done by the same guys as in PS:T, its got the weakness combat wise that the first one had but it manages to be good in spite of that. A big thumbs up and I can't recommend it enough to those who haven't played it yet. Can't wait to see what Obsidian does with NWN2.

dipdipdip

Liturgist
Just keep expectations very low for the late game. It's a pathetic mess at best.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
dipdipdip said:
Just keep expectations very low for the late game. It's a pathetic mess at best.

Well, the very, very, very end is, but I enjoyed the predictions even if they were dialogue based rather than cutscenes. The only thing that really bothered me about the end is where the force bond lethality went. Well, that and I could nigh kill the bosses and they'd keep coming back at full health. The three lightsaber thing was a bit annoying as well.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"The only thing that really bothered me about the end is where the force bond lethality went."

It was never lethal...

EEVIAC

Erudite
Saint_Proverbius said:
The three lightsaber thing was a bit annoying as well.

Well Obsidian certainly saved their best for last - an almost-dead, Force-eating, tri-wielding Jedi. If only the lightsabres were curved, it would have been fucking perfect! I don't understand why I couldn't just use one of my tech skills to switch the lightsabres off.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Meh. They were easy anyways. I chop sueyed them to death within seconds. They got me to half health (only because I wsted time force buffing <>)..

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"The whole point of you going there was to prevent her from killing herself, and therefore killing you."

Eh. No. It was to stop her mass murder madness..

I NEVER beleived if she died you would die. If you did you are stupid.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
I wanna know what the hell was up with the Ebon Hawk. When it comes to rescue you it's in PERFECT CONDITION.

Hello?!?! Didn't is just WRECK and FALL DOWN A CHASM?!?! Also, what about the crap with GO-TO and Remote?

The ending needs serious help and that includes the final planet as a whole.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Otaku_Hanzo said:
I wanna know what the hell was up with the Ebon Hawk. When it comes to rescue you it's in PERFECT CONDITION.

Hello?!?! Didn't is just WRECK and FALL DOWN A CHASM?!?!
It's teh magic ship.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
There's a lot that don't make sense story wise in this game; and not just the ending sequence....

bryce777

Erudite
Otaku_Hanzo said:

Hello?!?! Didn't is just WRECK and FALL DOWN A CHASM?!?! Also, what about the crap with GO-TO and Remote?

No, that was just the stuntship.

NeverwinterKnight

Liturgist
Otaku_Hanzo said:

as much as i liked the rest of the game, ill agree the last planet was filled with a bunch of "huh? wtf?" questions.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Otaku_Hanzo said:

Aren't you happy you kept levelling up that utility driod? :D

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Saint_Proverbius said:

Heh. I realize T3 is good, but he's not THAT good. :P I just think it's funny because the name of the movie where the Hawk falls down the chasm is... DEATH OF THE EBON HAWK.

So, what? Is like the ship that rescues you the Undead Ebon Hawk? Enquiring minds want to know. :roll:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Otaku_Hanzo said:
Saint_Proverbius said:

Heh. I realize T3 is good, but he's not THAT good. :P I just think it's funny because the name of the movie where the Hawk falls down the chasm is... DEATH OF THE EBON HAWK.

So, what? Is like the ship that rescues you the Undead Ebon Hawk? Enquiring minds want to know. :roll:
I smell Lucas Arts involvement:

Are you out of your fucking minds? Death of the Ebon Hawk? The fastest and bestest ship in the galaxy? Fucking artists! The Ebon Hawk must be in every KOTOR game from now on. In fact, we are planning to rename the series to Wild Adventures of the Ebon Hawk.

NeverwinterKnight

Liturgist
Vault Dweller said:
Otaku_Hanzo said:

I smell Lucas Arts involvement:

Are you out of your fucking minds? Death of the Ebon Hawk? The fastest and bestest ship in the galaxy? Fucking artists! The Ebon Hawk must be in every KOTOR game from now on. In fact, we are planning to rename the series to Wild Adventures of the Ebon Hawk.

just imagine how much more sense that scene would have made if they had had even a short, cheesey cutscene showing the members of the ebon hawk stirring about after it initially crashed, and then show t3 and bao-dur getting up with bao-dur just making a statement like "and i just fixed this rust bucket as well. i guess my work is never done" or something similar.

cheesey? perhaps. but atleast it would infer that the ebon hawk wasnt destroyed and that while the exile was busy beating up on old ladies, someone was actually working on the ebon hawk.

Stainless

Novice
Also, what about the crap with GO-TO and Remote?

If you read that missing ending topic on the Obsidion forums, that someone linked, it pretty much answers that question.

HK47 was ment to jump in and save the remote. Then some HK51's are ment to rock up to beat up 47, but because 47 was the original they side with him and beat up G0T0 or some such crap.

That link is actually a good read. As, there's still the sound files of missing dialogue in the game folders, including Atton's death, amogst other things.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom