Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial Kreia gonna carry me to my grave

dragonfk

Erudite
:D

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
DA's "villain" is another weak point of the game, which doesn't affect that fact that Kreia was nothing but an annoying old bitch put together out of Ravel's leftovers.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Kreia was a good character, very different from the MUAHAHA I'M EVIL Sith type we're used to see on most Star Wars stuff.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Volourn said:
Kreia was an above average character but vastly overrated. FLAWLESS WRITING? WTF Kind of crap is that?
enigmi4vader.jpg

Lingwe

Liturgist
I hope you're taking every minute of those extra few months to make a villain that blows Kreia

I thought that sounded a bit odd as a way of saying that the next villian will be good, luckily I kept reading.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Kreia is a serious contender for best written video game character of all time.

OF ALL TIME.

Lockkaliber said:
Kreia is a serious contender for best written video game character of all time.

OF ALL TIME.

Yeah, I mean don't get me wrong Shodan's a great arist and did some great work in that game of hers Systile Glock 3, but Kreia gave one of the greatest video game performances of all time. OF ALL TIME!

Dnny

Educated
Gaining influence with Kreia was pointless and nearly automatically meant losing influence with all the other NPC because she's an expert in annoying everyone. As what she had to say in the dialogues that required influence checks didn't matter much, well fuck her.
Also, she's a villain, plain simple. Not in the SW sense but still a villain. She wants to destroy all of the force and wanted to kill both all the jedi and the sith, she's even more dangerous than the sith themselves (not the "ancient sith" crap we keep hearing about but never actually see).
If you play dark side you may not realize that she tricked you so you could let her kill all of the remaining jedi, which she does with her own hands when you are light side and let them live.

The sith just want to rule over an empire, Kreia dreams of mass murdering force users, who are the real villains ? Malak is a power hungry fascist, Kreia sounds like she wants to genocide just because she suffered in her life as a force user.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Silellak said:
Oh, is it already time for the yearly Codex debate about Kreia? How the time flies!

Last time me and VD duked it out over 10 pages so someone else will have to man up this time.

I nominate Volourn and Dnny.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Dnny said:
Gaining influence with Kreia was pointless and nearly automatically meant losing influence with all the other NPC because she's an expert in annoying everyone. As what she had to say in the dialogues that required influence checks didn't matter much, well fuck her.
Also, she's a villain, plain simple. Not in the SW sense but still a villain. She wants to destroy all of the force and wanted to kill both all the jedi and the sith, she's even more dangerous than the sith themselves (not the "ancient sith" crap we keep hearing about but never actually see).
If you play dark side you may not realize that she tricked you so you could let her kill all of the remaining jedi, which she does with her own hands when you are light side and let them live.
You are complaining about a virtue of the game, it's true that the KOTORs are very limited games but moreso more credit to Avellone for managing to create something meaningful in that framework.

Dnny said:
The sith just want to rule over an empire, Kreia dreams of mass murdering force users, who are the real villains ? Malak is a power hungry fascist, Kreia sounds like she wants to genocide just because she suffered in her life as a force user.
Wrong, Jedis and Siths are the two sides of the same scourge, eliminating them will mean that finally the Galaxy will know true freedom. instead of pointless battles between good for nothing nice guys and rabid retards.
Go Kreia, go.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Kreia isa pyschopath who belives mass murder is justified. She is also very simple minded. "THE FORCE IS EVIL AND MUST BE DESTROYED!"

Talk about utter bullshit simplicty.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Volourn said:
Kreia isa pyschopath who belives mass murder is justified. She is also very simple minded. "THE FORCE IS EVIL AND MUST BE DESTROYED!"
What not love there?
Volourn said:
Talk about utter bullshit simplicty.
Your trolling is under average as always.

Dnny

Educated
Kz3r0 said:
You are complaining about a virtue of the game, it's true that the KOTORs are very limited games but moreso more credit to Avellone for managing to create something meaningful in that framework.

[KZ3R0 TRANSLATION : I SUCKED CHRIST AVELLONE COCK SO HARD THERE WAS NOT A SINGLE DROP OF CREAM LEFT TO POUR ON MY FACE]

Christ avellone is overrated and you are a fanboy. If he is so great how come the only memorable game he created was PST and it was partly due to the very alien, unique setting that had nothing to do with him ?

Wrong, Jedis and Siths are the two sides of the same scourge, eliminating them will mean that finally the Galaxy will know true freedom. instead of pointless battles between good for nothing nice guys and rabid retards.
Go Kreia, go

Force users are the most able to lead the galaxy considering what "the galaxy" encompasses unless you want a primitive form of government with independent solar systems. Goto was a MUCH better "character" than Kreia for that matter, he didn't care whether the Siths or Jedis won, he just wanted one to actually win for real and restore an order to the Republic. Kreia is a butthurt anarchist who made plenty of mistakes in her past, had lots of regrets and thought the best way to deal with it was to genocide anything that had to do with her past life. She's a schizophrenic psychotic and emo old bitch who couldn't stay loyal to an order and could never figure out what her own basic desires were.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Dnny said:
[KZ3R0 TRANSLATION : I SUCKED CHRIST AVELLONE COCK SO HARD THERE WAS NOT A SINGLE DROP OF CREAM LEFT TO POUR ON MY FACE]
Ludicrous reaction, I will avoid cheap jokes here however.

Dnny said:
Go Kreia, go

Force users are the most able to lead the galaxy considering what "the galaxy" encompasses unless you want a primitive form of government with independent solar systems. Goto was a MUCH better "character" than Kreia for that matter, he didn't care whether the Siths or Jedis won, he just wanted one to actually win for real and restore an order to the Republic. Kreia is a butthurt anarchist who made plenty of mistakes in her past, had lots of regrets and thought the best way to deal with it was to genocide anything that had to do with her past life. She's a schizophrenic psychotic and emo old bitch who couldn't stay loyal to an order and could never figure out what her own basic desires were.
I know, great character, isn't she?

J1M

Arcane
Lockkaliber said:
Malakal said:
Actually Kreia wasn't that bad as a part of the team. As end boss she unfortunately sucked, and that tweest. Meh.

There was no twist.
Sure there was, when the game says "surprise! the last 20% is missing! game over." that is a fucking TWIST.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom