Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Larian Studios Status Update

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Larian creates good games"

No, they don't. DD was an 'okay' game until face your first army of 100s of monsters at the same time which gets old realf ast. Shit games are shit games and Larian's games are shit.

I'd take a 100 Witchers than one DD. Thanks. At least CDProject tried (albeit ultimitaley failed) with TW.

MCA
KOTOR was shit too. And so was DA.

There was just TOO MUCH backtracking and traversing in DD but at least the game was fun. The only Bioware games I had fun playing were BG2 and Mass Effect (Renegade female Shepard FTW).

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"And volourn, NWN was shite"

I agree. It was really shitE.

empi

Augur
Volourn said:
"And volourn, NWN was shite"

I agree. It was really shitE.

Yes it was shite.

"The word shite may refer to:
A variation of shit, especially in Ireland and UK"

torpid

Liturgist
Haven't played Divine Divinity 2. The first game was decent, for a Diablo clone. Sure, there was exploring and questing, and the game had a nice atmosphere, nice music and didn't take itself seriously, but you're still mostly spamming mouse clicks to slay monsters by the hundreds. I remember abusing the broken weapons to get it over with more quickly: freezing weapons, contrary to freezing spells, couldn't be resisted, so a random ice sword or whatever it was called made all combat trivial.

Still, Larian are definitely better than Bio & co. European RPG developers bring the :incline:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
European game developers are shit. Where is their PST? Where is their FO? Where is their BG2? Where is their POR?

Nowhere. All shiite.

The Dragon Knight Saga is one of the most enjoyable games I played in a very long time, I'm glad to see Larian doing well.

Kotep

Novice
turn_based_fanboy said:
Do we have any info on what those projects are?
Project D follows in the footsteps of Divinity 2, with a stronger focus on the dragon form (since they're considering it as a gameplay element from the beginning instead of adding it later during development). I think that Lar also hinted at some 'thing that it does that's pretty cool'. People at GDC apparently had an even better reaction to it than he'd expected.

Project E is supposed to be more like Divine Divinity with a modern facelift, so more of a click to move Diablo-clone style game (probably) though they pointed out that because of the top-down camera making it easier to create content for the game, they can do a lot more with it than they could if they stuck with the over-the-shoulder Gothic style game that Divinity 2 and Project D are.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Umm...Realms of Arkania? Gothic 2? Or do Germans not count as European now?"

Arguably okayish games but they are not at the level of top games.

made

Arcane
Fun fact: Amerikwans had to fly in a German to show them how to make PST.
face.gif

bat_boro

Arcane
Volourn said:
European game developers are shit. Where is their PST? Where is their FO? Where is their BG2? Where is their POR?

Nowhere. All shiite.

Well Gothic, Gothic 2, NotR, Gothic 3 and fuck you buddy!

BelisariuS.F

Augur
Archibald said:
I can`t believe that finaly i`ll be able to kill Damian.

Why would you want to kill me?

Volourn said:

The youngest of those games is 11 year's old. You should compare modern American RPG's to modern European RPG's.

bat_boro

Arcane
Volourn said:
L0LZ The Gothics. L0LZ

The best exploration games ever made. You were saying?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom