Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

FakeNavySeal

Novice
A

We should into pylon if we can.

Alternative B would be the reasonable thing to do, therefor I vote for A.

330mrn.jpg

Yandere

Novice
Please, tell me we did not walk an entire week just so we could sit down and watch them kill each other.

Therefore,

A.

We came all the way here to be Black Templars, so let's be Black Templars and be done with it.

FakeNavySeal

Novice
300? I change my vote.

I will waffle again, and keep my vote B. I guess that's kind of the reason this mission is not going so good but I'm sticking with my indecisiveness if nothing else.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
A

Codex Astartes said:
* 1- Think before negotiating: If you fire at them with everything you have, could you remove the need to negotiate?
* 2- If negotiation is a necessity, think while doing so: what is the best way to cleave the enemy ambassadors in twain?
* 3- If all else fails, fighting is always the answer.
* 4- If fighting fails, you are not fighting hard enough.
* 5- If you are not fighting hard enough, fight louder.
* 6- The best approach is always from the front.
* 7- If the enemy has left their flanks open, feint and then attack from the front.
* 8- If the front is heavily defended, they are expecting a flank attack. Attack from the front.
* 9- If their flanks and front is both heavily defended but they are vulnerable to an aerial strike, distract them with aerial bombardment and then attack from the front.
* 10- If attacking from the front does not work, you are not fighting hard enough. See point 5.
* 11- If attacking from the front is still not working, you're obviously not attacking their front! See point 6
* 12- If there is no possibility for victory, attack from the front as furiously and loudly as possible. Remember, the greater the defeat, the greater the moral victory.
* 13- The more blood your armour is covered with at the end of a battle, the happier the Emperor will be.
* 14 - If you fail to get any blood on you, cut yourself like the eight foot tall, chainsword wielding, battlecry shrieking, superhuman emo that you are. The Emperor likes blood, no matter whose it is.
* 15- When a battle is in doubt, cry tears of anger to the Emperor.
* 16- If the Emperor is not listening, cry to your primarch
* 17- If you don't have a primarch, cry to a chaplain near you
* 18- If you are the chaplain and want to cry, find the nearest chaos marine near you
* 19- If you are the Emperor continue cursing Windows Vista for crashing yet again on the Golden Throne.
* 19- Administer the holy rights of leaking into a toilet before and after the battle begins.
* 20- If no toilet is available, take a leak on the enemy, point 6 applies as well.
* 21- If your superhuman leaking doesn't burn an acidic hole (See Betcher's Gland) in the enemy, apply point 5.
* 22- if all this dosen't work send Marneus Calgar to bitch slap everyone (this never fails)
* 23- if Marneus fails, send in Mephiston, Lord of Death. This by definition cannot fail, as Mephiston is such a broken character that if he is on the field, your enemies will run away from the fight immediately, removing the need to attack from the front. However, you should still attack from the front, just to make sure that they really have all run away, and point 6 still applies.
* 24) If none of these work, begin exterminatus, and blow the f*** out of the planet.

420px-Angry_Marine_Smackdown.jpg

Reject_666_6

Arcane
FUCK YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Let those Chaos dogs feel the might of the Imperium of Man, and let it follow them wherever they go, hell included.

entropy

Novice
My vote is for B. Killing smarter means killing more. More is always better.

FakeNavySeal

Novice
entropy said:
My vote is for B. Killing smarter means killing more. More is always better.

If our corruption is high enough we will spend all our time fighting our own mens if we hang back and watch.

Also I really wanna see some sparta action. Maybe the battlewagon will get rescued and ram into ahriman's back at the last minute, though it could just as well ram into our backs at this point.

Yandere

Novice
If our corruption is high enough we will spend all our time fighting our own mens if we hang back and watch.

Being a Black Templars spin off, picking B would actually be the last drop in the chalice of our corruption. Always accepting challenges, zealously charging enemies allied with Psykers and Sorcerers, and never using hiding behind cover are some of the main items on the Black Templar's creed.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
A!!!!111111

B is actually not the 'smart option' here. Our bros are mostly melee-oriented bros, so entrenching with big guns won't be as effective in their case as just charging for glory.

Plus, since there's this giant clusterfuck at the pylon, we could neatly outflank the chaos marines and make them fight on two fronts, which should not only divide their forces, but also start some chaos (lololo) and confusion among them.

Also, just sitting back and biding our time, we're risking that something might be given enough time to suddenly summon an uberweapon and get us all slaughtered.

oscar

Arcane
Well fuck it, we're not Imperial Guard, I change my vote to A

Esquilax

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:
A!!!!111111

B is actually not the 'smart option' here. Our bros are mostly melee-oriented bros, so entrenching with big guns won't be as effective in their case as just charging for glory.

Plus, since there's this giant clusterfuck at the pylon, we could neatly outflank the chaos marines and make them fight on two fronts, which should not only divide their forces, but also start some chaos (lololo) and confusion among them.

Also, just sitting back and biding our time, we're risking that something might be given enough time to suddenly summon an uberweapon and get us all slaughtered.

A

This is a good point. Remember that update way back when the necrons attacked the Kasr and we could have either charged at them or sat back with the fortifications and used the strategic advantage? Well, it wasn't really a big help since our guys were mostly melee (and thus more suited to EXTREME tactics) and worse, it killed our morale. I'm willing to bet there's a lot more benefit to just going balls-out here.

We already have the element of surprise and a group of guys who are motivated as fuck and feeling more BRO than they ever have. We didn't come all the way here to just stand around with our dicks in our hands.

desocupado

Magister
Where's the update?

Root! Stop having a life and come finish you duties to the codex!

oscar

Arcane
I've never really liked Necrons as foes of the Imperium. Tyranids, oh yeah cool who doesn't enjoy Man vs the Bug Hordes? Chaos for being essentially humans who are TOO cunning, or brave or joyful or (uh I can't think of anything for Nurgle). Orks, because it remind's us of a certain breed of human. Hell even Tau and Eldar are fun to fight for the "take that anime-inspired, curved-edged faggots!" factor.

Necrons, there's just no satisfaction. tl;dr fuck the Tomb Kings in space.

anus_pounder

Arcane
oscar said:
I've never really liked Necrons as foes of the Imperium. Tyranids, oh yeah cool who doesn't enjoy Man vs the Bug Hordes? Chaos for being essentially humans who are TOO cunning, or brave or joyful or (uh I can't think of anything for Nurgle). Orks, because it remind's us of a certain breed of human. Hell even Tau and Eldar are fun to fight for the "take that anime-inspired, curved-edged faggots!" factor.

Necrons, there's just no satisfaction. tl;dr fuck the Tomb Kings in space.

Too awesome.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
They've fleshed out the Tau as of late, and gotten rid of their original 'we're the only good guys' motif in favor of a more Orwellian society, with forced sterilization and mind control, but I'd admit the Necrons are a more failed attempt at yet another race with a more lovecraftian/cosmicism element. Bad writing in their canon only served to twist the knife in their somewhat promising background (They're immortal, indestructible, unkillable, were involved in countless events which shaped the universe, and are a grave threat to everyone save the Orks, who don't care, and the Tyranids, who don't care.)
I'd call them the current Mary Sue faction if the Ultramarines didn't already hold that title.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Our death WILL BE MAGNIFICENT!

And anyway, I don't think I'd go so far and call Ahriman 'loyalist'. Doesn't he just hate the 'icky' side of Chaos like all the mutations, in-fighting and stuff, but is himself a power-hungry egomaniac?

BTW, Warhammer fans, here's some shameless advertising

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
MOAR!

Abandon your real life and join us in the warp root.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom