Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

Orgasm

Barely Literate
Do you hear the voices too?!

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Kz3r0 said:
Don't, I repeat, don't ask about the Emperor or the pylons, we are better off trying to kill the Inquisitor than showing how much Chaos got a hold on us.
Ask only about the presence of Ahriman and the Tyranids, show concern for the taint of Chaos spreading on Cadia and press the Inquisitor on his intentions. question him, don't let him question you.

Partially this.

Quering about the Emperor's well-being or anything that does not fit the official creed already tips the inquisitor off about 'heresy' going through our ranks.

Instead let's ask about the mysterious disease afflicting even our battle brothers (he already knows about it judging from that conversation) and the methods to safeguard against it, perhaps even treat it. - after all he should not behave so nonchelantly in the face of the plague that could strike even him.

Apart from that report about the presence of chaos, combating necrons and tyranids but do not give any names, nor mention that our Dreadnought may be a demon incarnate. While we are at it keep the loremaster away from this conversation lest he fucks up everything again.

Let's also enquire about official reasons for his mission and 'how we may aid him'. He is bound to lie through his teeth but maybe we'll be able to widdle the grains of truth somehow.

We cannot act like total badasses, not in this situation (when they can kill our commander on the spot) and not with inquisition. We need to be cunning, pretend to make concessions, that we don't know shit about why things turned out as they turned out (not that we don't know what happened - we'd come across as incompetent idiots, or worse, liars) and use whatever knowledge we possess to guard our asses from him. Knowledge is power... Guard it well.

Mrowak

Arcane
root said:
Black Cat said:

you do know about them
and mrowak, the lorekeeper was left 4 dead back in the tyranid battle

Multiple sclerosis :oops:

Anyway, keep the mouth shut about him ever having a contact with a demon.

Black Cat

Magister
@ Darth Roxor

Mh, you may be right and they may be Tyranids indeed. I always forget about them. However, and leaving the druming aside, which is interesting in and out of itself, we must also consider that either the Tyranids, if those are really Tyranids, where down there from the very begining, making them the most ancient Tyranids the Imperium ever encountered (as they were imprisoned down there by Necron structures), or where really fast on spreading down there, all the while leaving no mark of their presence around the crater and the neighboring lands, which would be pretty weird given they spread, I believe, mostly through spores and swarms.

@ Root

I see. Thank you for your answer. Then, those are the questions I can think of:

1. What does he know about what we did found down there?
2. What does he know about the strange sickness that affected the Guardsmen (and our marines, but maybe we should not mention that yet) ?
3. What does he know about the current situation on the Imperium?
4. What did happen to the forces of the Black Crusade after they were kind of repeled by the awakening of the Necron's Pylons? Did they went back into the Eye of Terror, spread about the Cadian Gate's worlds, or...?
5. Does he know if there is a similar situation going on the other worlds where Pylons are known to exist?
6. We know he knows the Emperor is dead, given Creed mentioned it, so, what does he know about The Emperor's death and how did he come here without the guide of the Astronomican?

Also, we should report on Ahriman's (well, of a very powerful Chaos sorcerer belonging to the Thousand Sons) presence and actions (casually mentioning along the way the defeat our marines made him suffer), that guy's just too powerful and dangerous to leave doing his own thing, and whatever his thing is we should try to stop it, given he has access to information few others have access to, and the wit to make use of such advantage. Also, we should report about the space hulk's crash site and the Tyranid presence and actions (casually mentioning along the way the defeat our marines made them suffer), given everything seems to point they came on it and pursuing the same thing Ahriman is trying to find, though maybe not with the same intention.

Sorry if it's a lot. Just pick the ones that would fit into the flow of the narrative you are thinking, in any case.

oscar

Arcane
Fuck we need to rescue the Lorekeeper.

As for questions, inquire about the political situation on Terra (he seems like an independent and frank man so this shouldn't freak him out) but agreed that we shouldn't ask about the Emperor (we are still Space Marines!). Also try and suss out his future plans.

Mrowak

Arcane
root said:
I'd just like to point out that Ezekiel's speech skill is very low: any overreaching on his part might tip off the Inquisitor.

Goddamit, what shitty cards did you give us? (ok I know, we landed in this ourselves).

Report about all enemy forces you've encountered so far, the enigmatic sorcerer, tyrandis, necrons, pylons and all.

Don't even mention things like your apothecary getting possessed (on that space hulk crash site) and similar. Inform only about your victories in details. About the defeats that were not witnessed by guards play dumb, give only half truths, blame everything on bad communications. About the last one if you're going to play it out as if we were incompetent sissies, forget about this point.

Questions:

Situation in the Imperium. WTF is going on - political and military status? Can we count on any reinforcements (yeah, right)?

Why on earth, does he think practically half of the enemies of mankind decided to choose this moment for the invasion on Cadia? You could muse that it could have sth to do with powerful (chaos) artifacts (The Thousand Sons do not bother their arses with anything less) and the same mysterious event that caused your ship to crash.

Pylons, how active they are, does he have an effective plan to destroy / disable them not involving going around the planet and nukeing shit each time?

Again, ask about the illness. We need to protect ourselves from its effects. Otherwise this is bound to kick us in balls.

DO NOT ask about emperor's health and such like. Yeah, the guy must already know something's fishy with us. He might even play along to use us for his own devices. But he is motherfucking inquisitor!! Keep the trap shut about it! After all, how this piece of info could benefit us?

"The Emprah is fine and enjoys good health" - ++ morale ( :roll: )?

"The Emprah is a dead corpse only deader than he was before" - what kind of inquisitor could say that with face straight without some hidden agenda?

Kz3r0

Arcane
The real problem is that the guards witnessed chapel's infighting as they saw us, try to make a plausible excuse for that.
Also, is possible that the inquisitor is consorting with the ruinous powers, what light guided him if the Astronomican is clouded in darkness?

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The illness that's gripping the IG and some of our troops sounds a bit like what Ezekiel experienced as a youth.
His back-story can be read on page 35 of this thread. root has several times told us we already know about the disease. If it is indeed caused by the same malign entity as what hit Geonide, we can expect solar eclipse quite soon, we can also expect most of the rest of our soldies to also go nuts and try to kill eachother, if we do not guard against it somehow.
Ezekiel seems to be key to this, and Silas Marr indeed. Not asking about the disease could lead to our demise.

As to the emperor and his status as deceased, there can be no doubt that Silas knows about this. Anyone who travels the warp knows. To feign ignorance Silas could either find it amusing (our best hope) or be insulted, thinking we believe him an idiot. Possibly, inquisitors are used to people trying hard not to tell them anything, but it seems to me our best bet is to try and play fair here, he holds all the cards.
We need his help to save our chapter. He can probably use our help for some nefarious purpose that remains to be seen. But if said purpose lets us kill chaos scum, wouldn't we be all the happier?

Black Cat

Magister
So our Lorekeeper was tutored by none other than The Hero of the Imperium Commissar Cain? That kind of explains his sheer coolness and his vast reserves of awesome, not to mention his unconventional side. And as long as he inherited just a small measure of his tutor's survivability we would need to go back and rescue him in short order.

@ Mrowak

"DO NOT ask about emperor's health and such like. Yeah, the guy must already know something's fishy with us. He might even play along to use us for his own devices. But he is motherfucking inquisitor!! Keep the trap shut about it! After all, how this piece of info could benefit us?"

The death of the Emperor would be truly shocking for the Imperium, as it cannot survive without Him and as His subjects have been drilled to fervor and fanatism through millenia. And, more so, our Marines are suposed to be His servants and His sons: Would an Inquisitor find suspicious that we know of the Emperor's death and are interested in discovering more about it, or worried about it, or preocupied? Maybe, though I do not believe so. In any case, wouldn't he find, at the very least, more suspicious if we weren't interested and instead just let the topic slide? The Emperor is suposed to be a space marine's guiding light and ideal, his fatherly figure, the strong foundation upon which the Imperium is built. If he's gone, what can a good and loyal Space Marine do but at least be affected?

I see it mostly as a way of saying We aren't corrupted, see? We still love the Emperor. Is daddy alright? Otherwise, we must avenge Him and carry on His work! so that he's happy with the mindless marines and does not get trigger happy with a flamer. :P

anus_pounder

Arcane
:salute: Eliphas :salute:

Will Thule (and the blood ravens) make an appearance in a far future update, then? :o

Also -

Actual Questions -
Ask about the emperor's health

Blooper questions-
Multi-Headed Dicks, does he like them?

I'll update my post with more questions later.

Mrowak

Arcane
Black Cat said:
So our Lorekeeper was tutored by none other than The Hero of the Imperium Commissar Cain? That kind of explains his sheer coolness and his vast reserves of awesome, not to mention his unconventional side. And as long as he inherited just a small measure of his tutor's survivability we would need to go back and rescue him in short order.

@ Mrowak

"DO NOT ask about emperor's health and such like. Yeah, the guy must already know something's fishy with us. He might even play along to use us for his own devices. But he is motherfucking inquisitor!! Keep the trap shut about it! After all, how this piece of info could benefit us?"

The death of the Emperor would be truly shocking for the Imperium, as it cannot survive without Him and as His subjects have been drilled to fervor and fanatism through millenia. And, more so, our Marines are suposed to be His servants and His sons: Would an Inquisitor find suspicious that we know of the Emperor's death and are interested in discovering more about it, or worried about it, or preocupied? Maybe, though I do not believe so. In any case, wouldn't he find, at the very least, more suspicious if we weren't interested and instead just let the topic slide? The Emperor is suposed to be a space marine's guiding light and ideal, his fatherly figure, the strong foundation upon which the Imperium is built. If he's gone, what can a good and loyal Space Marine do but at least be affected?

I see it mostly as a way of saying We aren't corrupted, see? We still love the Emperor. Is daddy alright? Otherwise, we must avenge Him and carry on His work! so that he's happy with the mindless marines and does not get trigger happy with a flamer. :P

There is some merit in your words but it seems we follow different reasoning.

In reality we have three different sources of info about Emperor's demise (correct me if I am wrong): The fact that our navigator got possessed (this may well happen with Emperor living and well), the info that we received from Cadian soldiers (who may be themselves misinformed or tainted by chaos), the vox-box (which in my view proved nothing, especially coming from our Dreadnought), and lastly from motherfucking demon (and visions induced by him).

Now, let's put ourselves in the shoes of Ezkiel. Although belonging to the high command from the beginning he suddenly found himself with greater responibilities than he expected. He is no great talker, nor an accomplished tactician. Let's face it, he must have been somehow affected by what had transpired, morale and all. But surely he is no fool. While he may lack facilities to face the inquisitor and ask him about Emperor's health without revealing heretical thoughts, he can inform the inquisitor that they know sth is wrong e.g. the lack of safe starship warp travel hints that shit hit the fan somewhere on Terra. We should show that we are no fools, that we know sth is afoot, but also that this one thought - of our leader's dying or unwell had not occured to us. He is God Emperor for a reason, after all.

I think our chapter succumbed to heresy too early :/ After all, if there is anything unthinkable for a spehz marhine it is that the Emperor may fall one day.

But hey, it really depends how root is going to play it out.

Mrowak

Arcane
Eliphas and his Word Beares...

Shouldn't Word Bearers be more devout to Chaos Gods, and attempt to 'convert' our Reclusiarch rather than show him the pragmatic side of the bergain?

Black Cat

Magister
@ Mrowak

Ah, yes, you are right. I was talking mostly from a metagaming perspective, given we know The Emperor's dead, and not from an in character perspective, about whether our marines believed it to be true and the like. I'll leave it up to Root, then: If our marines believe The Emperor's dead, ask the inquisitor about it. If they don't, just ignore that one.

Next time we should pick a Farseer, so our in character knowledge and our metagaming knowledge are one and the same. :P

Twinkle

Liturgist
Since collar-grabbing the inquisitor and beating the answers out of his sorry ass is out of question we'll have to larp obedient slaves. Ask him about Kronar's health the general situation in The Imperium of Man, about his goals and about the strange disease, 'cuz we are fucked anyway without a cure. Don't mention demons and shit. Accept any quest he'll offer you.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Ask about his (real) reason to coming to Cadia, and inform him of the various encounters we had on the planet (but excluding our possessed navigator)

Offer assistance, and suggest on working on a way to get off planet.

For the lolz you could ask to join him again for old times sake, forsaking the rest of the chapter. They are not there to hear it.

I wonder if he got a chance to communicate with the Lord Castellan... that could mess up certain things for us.

anus_pounder

Arcane
The Brazilian Slaughter said:
Ask him what he thinks we should do. His insight is useful.

Ask him what's coming and how we can fight it.

Ask him if he has any idea of what is "The Devourer."

Ask him what kind of support he can give us and what kind of support we can give to him.

Ask him why we were excomunicated and why he disregarded our excommunication.

Ask him how we can purify our chapter for the glory of the Empire.

Wikipenis

Novice
anus_pounder said:
The Brazilian Slaughter said:
Ask him what he thinks we should do. His insight is useful.

Ask him what's coming and how we can fight it.

Ask him if he has any idea of what is "The Devourer."

Ask him what kind of support he can give us and what kind of support we can give to him.

Ask him why we were excomunicated and why he disregarded our excommunication.

Ask him how we can purify our chapter for the glory of the Empire.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I am unsure, if warp travel is impossible how the inquisition can hunt us down?
Can we scoff the threat of the inquisitor then?
All in all I vote NO, he need us, and probably doesn't want to fight us.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
No one is above suspicion, not even this inquisitor bloke. We will not serve him as dogs, as that would hardly be fitting for a space marine. NO

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Eh, I see no reason to turn against the Inquisition right now, as they haven't done anything yet.

So, YES, though I trust that this is "we will cooperate" rather than "we will obey blindly".

Black Cat

Magister
Given we aren't Eldar our only chance to be part of a cool and beautiful people lies in joining the...

inquisition.jpg

Therefore,

Yes.

Wikipenis

Novice
Well what's the point of anything so far if we say no now, we rushed here after abandoning dreadbro just to wander off aimlessly again? Wasn't there some warning about incosistency so long ago? If he starts to seem all chaosy we can always deal with it when the time comes.

YES

lightbane

Arcane
My reply is...

OBJECTION NO!!!!!

Ezekiel now is a battle-brother, he will not betray the entire chapter just for one crazy and terribly suspicious Inquisitor, his past is no longer important, he now belongs to the Chapter.

PS: So the Tyrant Star is ITZ after all...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom