Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Legend of the Green dragon

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"lol that's mean"

Yet, people say I don't belong here. Ha.

"Sounds very promising. When should we expect to see more, another 4,000 posts?"

Mystery. Maybe, I'll learn how to type properly. or not.

"Two guys with 14 posts each?"

Not everyone spams like we do.

Ortchel

Liturgist
Cool. So you all sit around bitching all day about RPGs, then when someone comes along with good intentions, a free game and asks for feedback the best you can do is "looks like shit...".

I would love to know where you expect your magical perfect RPG to come from, because it doesn't look like it will be from the developers of today with such sterling feedback.
Troika.

For them anyway.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Volourn said:
"lol that's mean"

Yet, people say I don't belong here. Ha.
They are mad because you make them look good despite all their efforts. lol

Twinfalls

Erudite
VD your hard-on for Volourn is not only clearly visible, it's jutting at a rather awkward angle.

All you other thin-skinned little puppies, I'm not going anywhere. My question remains, though.

Why is this site so full of veteran morons? You've got intelligent, interesting articles and sometimes discussions, so what do the tards (some with over-500 post counts, and no, I am not talking about Volourn) get from being here?

A bloke comes on and says 'hey here's my free game', and amongst the very first responses are

'Looks like shit. kthxby', then

'I MAKE CRITISISM NOT INSULTS U FAGGOT', (obviously Pooperscooper is not only retarded but also a latent cock-smoker)

Darksign, "letting the offending grunt of a poster fester and trash-up other forums? " is truly laughable, mate.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
The originator of this thread has a poor track record in terms of game development. Just take a look at the status of his Fallout mod.

I don't see what's wrong with making disparaging remarks about his game, when I obviously have nothing to gain by supporting it. I'd rather prefer if people spared their time by engaging in more productive, or at least enjoyable activities.

Twinfalls

Erudite
It's not a question of what's 'wrong' or 'right'. I'm not judging, merely curious. Why do you attract (and keep) so many tards? Perhaps it's because of the generally uncivilised and adversarial tone you adopt in newsbits. That's not a bad thing, mind you, it's part of the flavour of the place. But maybe that's part of the answer.

Whatever - I'm only slightly curious. Carry on with wasting your limited, miserable lives on daft slanging matches, folks!

Thorndyke

Novice
I think you lost all your judgemental credibility by taking Pooper serious and excluding Volourn from your "tards" question.
Twinfalls said:
Carry on with wasting your limited, miserable lives on daft slanging matches, folks!
I'll do my very best, kind Sir.

Twinfalls

Erudite
What? So Pooper's the ironicist and Volourn isn't??

Okay, staple 'NOOB' in forty foot green pylons on my forehead.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Nobody takes Pooper seriously. Unless, of course, he's being serious. :wink:

Volourn is...... well, I won't go there.

And VD better not have a thing for Volourn. He's engaged to Sarvis after all. :lol:

Thorndyke

Novice
Twinfalls said:
What? So Pooper's the ironicist and Volourn isn't??
Having followed Volourn's deevolution from a poster I actually respected for barely ever disagreeing for disagreeing's sake (even though we always had differing opinions) back on the old Black Isle boards, to a spamming, almost permanently and mostly pointlessly insulting idiot, who yells MORON MORON and LIAR LIAR like a fucking tourette patient, I can wholeheartedly say "I don't buy his supposed irony".

I think as soon as he realized that no one's ever going to ban him, no matter how arrogantly insultive and/or pointless his posts are, he started to abuse it. By now he's totally absorbed by his own "volourness", which is quite understandable, considering that even the ones who hate him glorify his annoyance. "Oh Volourn, you rascal, the board just wouldn't be the same without you!" ... my ass.

As for Pooper... well, he's what Megatron is on Duck&Cover. Most of his posts are ironic oneliners. The difference to Volourn is, Pooper usually doesn't keep dragging threads off topic with it.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Having followed Volourn's deevolution from a poster I actually respected"

You never respected me so don't lie. You respected a fantasy. The way I was originally was moron. See, I was naive. When I first got on line, I thought people, as matter of course, would respect others and disucsses issue; but nope, everyone insults and falmes. I believe in not letting others get the first punch in so no more Mr. Nice Guy. In essence, I blame flamers and trolls like yourself for me being so 'evil'.

"disagreeing for disagreeing's sake (even though we always had differing opinions) back on the old Black Isle boards, to a spamming, almost permanently and mostly pointlessly insulting idiot, who yells MORON MORON and LIAR LIAR like a fucking tourette patient"

Pot. Kettle. black.

What's hilarious is people think I disagree for the sake of disagreeing. That is blatantly false. If I was doing that, I'd say things like "FO sucks" on this board yet I doin't. I tell you why; because I don't disagree for the sake of disagree; I disagree with i think others are full of shit which quite frankly on the 'net happens A LOT.

The people on the net are almost all ignorant, arrogant idiotic fucks. My motto is can't change 'em; join 'em so I did.

R00fles!

Thorndyke

Novice
Volourn said:
You never respected me so don't lie. You respected a fantasy. The way I was originally was moron.
Well, I've never percieved you as a naive moron back then, so I'm honest about what I said earlier. Back then I really enjoyed reading the discussions you were involved with and also felt that arguing with you had a point.
See, I was naive. When I first got on line, I thought people, as matter of course, would respect others and disucsses issue; but nope, everyone insults and falmes. I believe in not letting others get the first punch in so no more Mr. Nice Guy. In essence, I blame flamers and trolls like yourself for me being so 'evil'.
Another innocent soul assimilated! STRIKE! ;)
Seriously, it's not as bad as you portray it (not even on this board) and blaming your idiotic behaviour on the idiots (me) who supposedly influenced you is barely believable when you look at how much you seem to enjoy it.

Afterall, you're not a thirteen year old school outcast with a gun. You're the only one to blame for your actions.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Well, I've never percieved you as a naive moron back then, so I'm honest about what I said earlier."

I never said I was perceived as a naive moron back then. I said I *was* a naive moron back then. Like I said, I thought the 'Net be Happy, Happy Land. Boy, was I wrong. The net is an evil place and it corrupts all.

"Back then I really enjoyed reading the discussions you were involved with and also felt that arguing with you had a point."

That only proves you were stupid back then. Other than the insult I fling around with abanddon now; my debating style has NOT changed. And, arguing on the net never has a point. It doens't matter whoa re arguing with. I thought anyone would know that.

Afterall.. there is that one saying that people are often fond of quoting. :D

"Seriously, it's not as bad as you portray it (not even on this board)"

True. It's even worse.

"and blaming your idiotic behaviour on the idiots (me) who supposedly influenced you is barely believable when you look at how much you seem to enjoy it."

It's called brainwashing. With brainwshing, one can be amde to learn to enjoy anything.

"You're the only one to blame for your actions."

Oh, don't take me wrong. I am responsible for my actions. I would never claim otherwise. However, I was just giving a reaosn why I act how I do. I'm just trying to fit.

I can count maybe 5 6-10 people MAX on the net who i actually consider good people. Everyone else are scum, stupid, or both (and, I'm both).

That's a fact.

Arxenia

Novice
Volourn said:
I never said I was perceived as a naive moron back then. I said I *was* a naive moron back then. Like I said, I thought the 'Net be Happy, Happy Land. Boy, was I wrong. The net is an evil place and it corrupts all.

I can count maybe 5 6-10 people MAX on the net who i actually consider good people. Everyone else are scum, stupid, or both (and, I'm both).
That's a fact.

The net isn't genuinely evil. Look at the community sites where people come together and try to help each other. Stupid people can be good people, too. They often just need a helping hand.

And finally Volourn, don't you stay here to get all the others back on the right track? You fight ignorance, warn the unwary and let the newbies share your experiences. Maybe you're a way better person than you think or want us to believe?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Arxenia said:
Maybe you're a way better person than you think or want us to believe?
Elaine: Maybe there's more to Newman than meets the eye?
Jerry: No, there's less.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"And finally Volourn, don't you stay here to get all the others back on the right track? You fight ignorance, warn the unwary and let the newbies share your experiences. Maybe you're a way better person than you think or want us to believe?"

No. I stick up for newbies because it gives mne another reason to to insult those who insult me. Most newbies, like regulars, are stupid.

"The net isn't genuinely evil."

No. The net is genuinely is evil. People don't form 'net communities' to help eahc other; they form them to form 'kool kliqs' with people who have the same hive mind and bash all those who are different. This is a fact on every forum I see. People bash 'Codex for its arrogance, ego, and rudeness. But, those who complain about the Codex for those things ar ejust as guilty of them.

I'm on the 'net to put people in their place. Of course, since this is the 'net; it never works. I need more power to have an effect. In fact, the world of the net be better off if everyone know how to behave the Volournian way.

That is all.

Sarvis

Erudite
Volourn said:
No. The net is genuinely is evil. People don't form 'net communities' to help eahc other; they form them to form 'kool kliqs' with people who have the same hive mind and bash all those who are different. This is a fact on every forum I see. People bash 'Codex for its arrogance, ego, and rudeness. But, those who complain about the Codex for those things ar ejust as guilty of them.

I've seen forums where people help each other out. I've seen forums where people don't automatically jump on any newbie who expresses a different opinion.

Quigs

Magister
I dont understand rexy at all anymore.

He says to lay off some retard who's first and only post was to promote his gay anti-ea website, and yet when someone whos posted here for a little while asks for some feedback, he acts like a complete asshole to the gy.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"I've seen forums where people help each other out. I've seen forums where people don't automatically jump on any newbie who expresses a different opinion."

Only the naive fall for such obviously evil tricks.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Quigs, the guy who made this thread isn't exactly unknown. I've had a beef with him on his own forum. Both Raymondo and I have. Had something to do with how he was hyping his Fallout mod.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Eh. IIRC, it was me who hyped "his" FO mod (or at least my part in it) on the Codex. Rag me for that; not him. I made the screw up; so don't be a dinkza nad bash others for my sins. Grishosh.

Stark

Liturgist
Volourn is this the fallout mod that you were supposedly a part of?

whatever happened to it?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Volourn is this the fallout mod that you were supposedly a part of?"

Yes.

"whatever happened to it?"

As far as I know, last I checked, it's still going. I chose to redraw to concentrate on other things; one of them being my NWN mod.

Check their website, and/or message baord for more info I would think.

Enderandrew

Novice
To those who checked out the game and offered feedback, I am quite grateful.

The game was largely in beta state when I uploaded it.

I've added some 20 races and specialties, and about 400 modules. I've tested them individually for balance, and customized about 30 of them since the original coder made some pretty hefty mistakes. On top of that, I've written about 20 original modules.

The game looks nicer for one. It's more stable, and runs faster. On top of that, it graduates in complexity as you play.

There is now a world map, alignment system, quest system, clan wars, romance/marriage, all kinds of great new features. In addition (or in place of) a mount, you can also get a pet and train it. Heck, there are 5 dragons, and they hide from powerful adventurers and pray upon the weak. I'm working with another developer to add on a hefty new area based upon the Far East that represents a fantasy version of India, Arabia, China and Japan with new monsters, classes, towns, Dragons and features.

The alignment system also affects death. Good warriors go to Valhalla, while bad boys and girls go to the Underworld to see favor from Ramius.

But when you create a new character you basically have 4 races, 3 classes, shops, the forest, and a trainer. You start out on a secluded Newbie Island, where a helper teaches you the basic.

As you leave the island, you find a city where there are more options. Travelling reveals even more gameplay, and with each dragon kill, more locations, races, classes, and quests open up.

All of the heavily broken/exploitable features like gem shops and easily obtainable bonuses have been removed.

Lengthy SQL calls have been removed for performance.

I've put ALOT of work into this.

And someone said the original LORD had more options, and more going for it. Memory can play tricks on you.

I ran LORD games on my BBS since the wee days of 2400 baud. There were no races, 3 classes, one town, and no real NPCs or events to speak of. There were 7 random forest events.

I loved LORD. People still happily play it. But Legend of the Green Dragon (especially a heavily customed/modded server like mine) offers 20 times the variety in gameplay.

I've taken the server out of beta status, and added a second beta/test/development server. The main server is only for stable, tested code.

I would hope that people might give it a look, or perhaps a second look.

Feedback, as always (positive or otherwise) is always greatly appreciated. Since my PC is dead, and I'm on 20 different forums at once, I only read this forum but once every couple weeks. I can be best reached at one of my main email addresses. I hate posting them in messages (spam spiders), but you can grab my email from my profile.

Thanks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom