Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Legend of the Green dragon

Surlent

Liturgist
Volourn said:
I said I *was* a naive moron back then. Like I said, I thought the 'Net be Happy, Happy Land. Boy, was I wrong. The net is an evil place and it corrupts all.
Volourn Honourblade, young canadian boy lost in BIS ghetto, gangraped by bunch of mad dwarves and coconut gangbangers. After that traumatazing experience he was never the same. And so he became Volourn we know today.... he felt no fear, no emotion and became known as Mad Vol the net warrior.
No. The net is genuinely is evil. People don't form 'net communities' to help eahc other; they form them to form 'kool kliqs' with people who have the same hive mind and bash all those who are different.
Hivemind ? We're all codex aliens with united consciouness and slaves to servant mind himself Saint_Proverbius. Our only purpose is to protect the hive afterall. 101 YEEESSSSSH MAASSSSTTTEEEERRRR 1111

Fugging classic Vol. :lol: Sorry Thorndike, he might be troll/lamer/retard, but some of his lines are just insane and crack up.

Btw Ender and Vol, now that we're talking about it, how's the FO mod doing so far ?

Enderandrew

Novice
The Fallout mod is somewhat in hiatus. We have some great programmers, but a few people insisted on arguing on minutia rather than actually do any work.

I'm talking to a few people right now, and I might clean house and start over with a much smaller team. Instead of 20 people trying to be developers, I intend to more heavily enforce specific roles within the project, and try to find people who actually produce results.

Some of the team members really cared about the project, and others didn't.

One of the reasons why I'm a bit stalled on the project is that I'm waiting to hear back on a few things before I make official annoucements. However, if I had my way, I'd take the wonderful team of talented programmers who really want to work, and put them to finishing the IanOut engine.

It's supposed to be open-source, but I've requested source code a few times, and never gotten a response, despite the author updating his site. The last public source code was posted 2 years ago.

RGE

Liturgist
Enderandrew said:
... a few people insisted on arguing on minutia rather than actually do any work.
No!? :shock:

Enderandrew said:
Instead of 20 people trying to be developers, I intend to more heavily enforce specific roles within the project, and try to find people who actually produce results.
But being a developer is what's fun! :D
Being a developer's little code monkey or slaving artist isn't fun, that's like...work. :cry:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom