Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Legendary publisher of oldschool games launches beta of Anno Online

MetalCraze

Arcane
Ubisoft announced today that Anno Online’s English closed beta phase has started. Developed by Ubisoft Blue Byte, Anno Online combines the popular gameplay elements of the Anno franchise with brand new features suited to a persistent, web-based game.

It's the great thing that Ubisoft and its inner Blue-Byte studio has moved Anno series from modern casual player friendly economic strategy into oldschool 80s era web-browser based F2P MMO. Truly this is so much incline hell must be freezing over.

Launch trailer featuring isometric graphics:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, the previous Anno already needed a constant Internet connection, so they might as well go full retard.

Also there were no browsers in the 80's. 8/10 for edginess, but 0/10 for fact checking.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I have a soft spot for Anno, had ton of fun with 1404 and 2070, they're both fantastic games but web based?

Why? How? What for? Who cares?
Seems to me like they're trying to sell the same product twice (looks the same as 1404).

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
13.gif

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've already played the Polish beta test which began quite a while ago and all I have to say that it's a turd (who would have guessed). You are better off playing 'proper' Annos.

Renegen

Arcane
I swear I played "Settlers Online" which looked 95% identical to this one but slightly different art and it sucked.

Runciter

Augur
What I want to know is how many fags I need to smoke and how much whisky to drink before I get a voice like that.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
On a slightly related note, there's a 50% discount on all ANNO 2070 over at the getgamesgo.net.

I'd absolutely recommend it, it's a fantastic game and reading through this thread it seems it also will be the last good Anno game ever.

Telengard

Arcane
It's Ubisoft. Rape is in their DNA.

EDIT: And now this thread forced me to websearch Anno Online, and lo, it's in open beta - with Facebook integration. Horrors unstoppable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom