Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
News Content Gallery About Donate Discord Contact
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

    "This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's become daemon cops in Unavowed (Finished)

Darth Roxor

Wielder of the Huegpenis
Staff Member
Joined
May 29, 2008
Messages
1,876,044
Location
Djibouti
It's that time of the year again.

20180814175314_1.jpg


Wadjet Eye Games graciously bring us...

20180814175317_1.jpg


UNAVOWED!

20180814175324_1.jpg


whoa spooky main menu

20180814175332_1.jpg


no less spooky clouds

20180814175333_1.jpg


and spooky talking dudes!

20180814175336_1.jpg


20180814175340_1.jpg


eli0.png
So shall you be driven away, unclean spirit!

20180814175354_1.jpg


i am not comfortable with the events that are currently unfolding.

:rpgcodex: HELP!

20180814175356_1.jpg


wow offensive

eli0.png
Now answer true: Are you demon, man or woman?

20180814175404_1.jpg


This question is very inconsiderate and cisnormative.

:rpgcodex: What the hell are you talking about?

eli0.png
Damn it, NO! Just answer!

20180814175408_1.jpg


fairly sure this counts as rape.

20180814175411_1.jpg


:rpgcodex: Red skin checks out, guess I'm a demon.

eli0.png
NO! YOU ARE NOT!

20180814175414_1.jpg


20180814175415_1.jpg


Holy shit these loonies are not joking.

eli0.png
ANSWER ME TRUE! Are you a man, woman or demon?

20180814175422_1.jpg


:answer pending common consensus:

20180814175428_1.jpg


eli2.png
Release xir now. Release xir before I am forced to destroy you!

eli1.png
REMEMBER! You are HUMAN! REMEMBER!

20180814175437_1.jpg


Here comes another lightnung.

eli3.png
Tell us! Before the demon regains control. Your name. Tell us your name!

20180814175444_1.jpg


:answer pending answer to previous query:

eli2.png
Did you hear that, evil spirit? Xe knows xirself! Xe is yours no longer!

eli3.png
Now your past! Tell me something about your past! Your profession, quick!

20180814175501_1.jpg


:rpgcodex: I'm not telling you anything.

eli1.png
NO!

Yes, that's what I've just said.

20180814175503_1.jpg


aw goddammit

20180814175503_2.jpg


20180814175507_1.jpg


mandy2.png
But we will if we have to.

20180814175514_1.jpg


What shall it be, Codex?

1. Are we BRO or Tranny?
2. Are we a porn star, a copper or a moonshiner?

The chosen one must choose.
 

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Joined
Aug 5, 2009
Messages
7,936
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
If we were a bro, we would have used our DAEMON STRENGTH to break free from the measly woman holding us, so we are clearly a :codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:.

We seem very confused in general, which seems to suggest to me an alcoholic, so bartender doesn't fit. Again, if we were a cop we'd just take the woman out, so I can only conclude we are an actor.
 

Hevnknekt

Educated
Joined
Jul 6, 2018
Messages
81
The actor option is so dramatic with the double exclamation marks.

:codexisfor:

I prefer the stoic calm of the police officer, who also tries to turn the tables on them and establish dominance.
 

lightbane

Arcane
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
8,973
Wow, a lp of this game, that fast? Cool, that means I won't have to buy it!
Just kidding, the game looks good.

As for the choices.

- Nu-Male.
- Bartender.
- Jameson.
 

baud

Arcane
Patron
Joined
Dec 11, 2016
Messages
3,849
Location
Septentrion
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Cool, I was interested by the story, but I dislike adventure games!

My vote is for woman + cop
 
Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Wielder of the Huegpenis
Staff Member
Joined
May 29, 2008
Messages
1,876,044
Location
Djibouti
20180816111858_1.jpg


:rpgcodex: I...

:rpgcodex: I'm...

20180816111907_1.jpg


:codexisfor: A womyns

20180816111921_1.jpg


20180816111926_1.jpg


20180816111940_1.jpg


:codexisfor: I'm a paladin.

eli2.png
YES! She is beginning to remember. Sworn to protect the innocent from those who would do them harm. Inside you is a spirit who will destroy many unless you stop it. Do your duty one last time! Fight it!

We know our duty and we will do it!

eli3.png
Remember who you are!

20180816112008_1.jpg


eli2.png
REMEMBER!

There's a fadeout...

20180816112022_1.jpg


And suddenly we're on Staten Island.

20180816112027_1.jpg


This must be our buddy cop.

vicky1.png
I want you to take point. You think you're ready?

20180816112036_1.jpg


:codexisfor: It's about damn time, Vicki.

vicky1.png
Well, maybe you earned it, maybe you haven't. Either way, I need you on this. I know this looks routine. Just a bunch of goth kids getting high and causing trouble. But something doesn't smell right. And by that, I mean the uniform who called it in. According to dispatch it was Franco Morino.

Corrupt cops!

20180816112052_1.jpg


:codexisfor: Who is Franco Morino?

vicky1.png
Not surprised you haven't heard of him. He hasn't exactly made waves. Just do your job. Get statements. Talk to Morino about what happened. After that, we'll see if there's anything worth talking about.

cryptic

vicky1.png
Well? After you, partner.

20180816112112_1.jpg


Clearly we must engage Alpha Protocol and sneak around the back.

vicky1.png
Where are you going? In case you forgot, you've got a BADGE. You don't need to sneak around.

Spoilsport.

20180816112127_1.jpg


20180816112137_1.jpg


The yokels are getting uppity.

20180816112143_1.jpg


:mca:

Let's talk to the bouncer.

20180816112158_1.jpg


20180816112209_1.jpg


:codexisfor: I'm Codexia, this is Vicki. We're with the NYPD.

bouncer.png
Oh yeah? You got any proof or something? Gonna need that before I let you in.

1436262098549.gif


vicky2.png
*sigh* It's your show, partner. Do what you gotta do.

20180816112219_1.jpg


Comrade Protip, to the rescue!

20180816112222_1.jpg


This ought to do.

20180816112227_1.jpg


Codexia flashes her assets.

bouncer.png
The natives here are getting a bit restless. You wanna talk to Mrs Loris, she's inside.

20180816112237_1.jpg


:codexisfor: Could you tell me what went down here?

bouncer.png
I didn't see much. I was out here checking for fake IDs when that cop ran inside and saved the day. By the time I knew what was happening, it was over.

20180816112245_1.jpg


Suspicious.

:codexisfor: What do you mean, "saved the day"?

bouncer.png
Yeah, as in he saved lives and stopped the bad guys. He was like Bruce Lee or something. Anyway, you can go in.

vicky1.png
Bruce Lee, huh?

bouncer.png
Whatever. Just do what you gotta do so we can reopen. And give that cop in there a raise, will you? He was a damn hero.

:hmmm:

Let's head on in

20180816112312_1.jpg


Hallo thar

club.png
Are you ladies with the police?

vicky1.png
That's us.

club.png
Good. I'm Elana Loris, I own this place. Officer Morino's in the back room, along with the three idiots who started this mess.

20180816112328_1.jpg


:codexisfor: What idiots are you talking about?

club.png
Wait, you don't know? Weren't you, whadayacallit, briefed? Well, whatever. I don't mind telling the story again. Anyway, here's what happened. These three kids pulled out knives. These long silver switchblade things. I swear to god, I thought it was gonna be a bloodbath. But then... then that Officer Morino stormed in. I swear it was like something out of a Bruce Lee movie.

vicky1.png
[Perception] Bruce Lee, huh? The guy outside said the same thing.

club.png
Well... it's true. He fought them all. All three of them! Disarmed them and put 'em all in cuffs. Then he dragged them all to the back room.

20180816112355_1.jpg


:codexisfor: How'd those knives get past the bouncer?

club.png
We don't frisk here, detective. Nothing like this has ever happened before.

Great security.

club.png
Those kids, they're regulars here. They come here and get wild, but they're good kids.

vicky1.png
They always are.

club.png
I can't imagine why they'd do something like this. Anyway, they're in the VIP room back there. I guess you need a statement from all of them. I'll be here if you need me.

20180816112420_1.jpg


Codexia's womynly thinking is getting the best of her.

All descriptions flash automatically at the bottom of the screen when hovering over props in Unavowed. They also differ depending on protag gender - for example in this case male copper would remark about changing his mind about goth girls.

Let us proceed.

... or not!

vicky1.png
Hey, you good to fly solo? I wanna talk to the owner for a bit longer.

20180816112446_1.jpg


Lazy bum.

:codexisfor: How about I stay and you go up?

vicky2.png
You're taking point, remember? So you've got first dibs on Morino. Congratulations. Look, I know I'm a bit... unorthodox, but trust me, okay? You're doing great.

Fake news.

20180816112455_1.jpg


:avatard:

20180816112456_1.jpg


20180816112501_1.jpg


:codexisfor: Officer. Please report.

morino1.png
Yes ma'am. I was doing my rounds. I was just passing by and I heard screams from inside. I ran in. I found these three, armed with knives and prepared to attack innocent civilians. So I disarmed them and cuffed them.

20180816112515_1.jpg


:codexisfor: You did that all by yourself?

morino1.png
Yeah. All by myself. Ask around, get everyone's statements. They'll back me up.

Sounds like an illuminati psy op.

Hovering over reveals that Franco Morino is the fattest cop in the 120th Precinct. He looks pale. His eyes keep twitching.

20180816112539_1.jpg


But that cop stopped us. It was... it was like a Bruce Lee movie.

It was like... something out of a Bruce Lee movie. Wait, who's Bruce Lee?

We couldn't fight him. He was... like Bruce Lee or something.

The suspects aren't particularly coherent.

20180816112556_1.jpg


Vicki rejoins the party.

20180816112601_1.jpg


:codexisfor: Just talking to the suspects.

vicky1.png
Yeah. Suspects. So, Morino. You got a pretty good collar here. Three of 'em in fact.

morino1.png
Thank you, ma'am.

vicky1.png
I'm just curious about one thing. These three are all restrained. Police issue cuffs, it looks like.

[perception]

morino1.png
Yeah.

vicky1.png
Yeah, funny thing. The standard officer's kit only has TWO pairs of cuffs. So I just gotta know. Where'd the third pair come from?



20180816112627_1.jpg


:codexisfor: I'd like to know that too.

vicky2.png
See that, Franco? You got us both puzzled. You got an answer for us?

morino1.png
Yeah. I... took an extra.

vicky1.png
That was lucky. You didn't need three cuffs when you took down that mugger yesterday. Just the one. Or what about those two deli robbers the day before that? You only needed two cuffs then.

vicky2.png
But today? You take down three bad guys and you just happen to have three pairs of cuffs.

Morino has played many RPGs and knows to hoard resources.

20180816112652_1.jpg


:codexisfor: Wow, you're a regular supercop, Morino.

morino1.png
I... I'm just doing my job.

vicky1.png
Your job. Right. All the suspects in all those crimes. They ALL had perfect records before you arrested them. And speaking of records, what about YOURS? You've had an unremarkable career up until this week. Care to explain this sudden shift in direction?

morino1.png
I've... I've been reading.

vicky1.png
Reading? What, like self-help, or something?

morino1.png
Or something.

Morino suddenly takes out a book.

20180816112715_1.jpg


@_@

morino2.png
You should recommend me for a promotion.

vicky1.png
...

vicky3.png
Yeah. Yeah. Good job, Morino. Never knew you were such a bad ass. I'll... I'll just go and call this in.

Vicki leaves.

20180816112737_1.jpg


:codexisfor: Put that book down. Right now.

SORCERY!

morino1.png
I'm sick of taking orders from you! For ten years I've been the bottom of the totem pole. The butt of everyone's jokes. I TRIED to get ahead. Really, I tried. But... nobody ever gave me a damn chance.

20180816112752_1.jpg


:troll: Maybe if you gave the GYM a chance...

morino1.png
Shut the hell up! You think this is a JOKE?

morino2.png
Let's see how much you laugh when I'm done with you @_@

20180816112800_1.jpg


:terminate: Drop the book. NOW.

morino2.png
... Fuck. Okay, okay.

morino1.png
Look, I'll kick it over to you. Just... put down the gun. Take it. Just take it. I... I don't even know what I'm doing with that thing.

20180816112816_1.jpg


Dramatic fade as Codexia picks up the grimoire.

20180816112818_1.jpg


WHOA

20180816112821_1.jpg


morino1.png
I've been stuck in this uniform for ten years. TEN YEARS. I can't take it anymore! Then I found that book, and... well what would you do?

20180816112829_1.jpg


... Codexia would go berserk with it. She *BLAM*s all the three perps.

morino1.png
Fuck! What the hell?

20180816112834_1.jpg


SILENCE THE DISCORD.

20180816112837_1.jpg


Just another parasite.

20180816112840_1.jpg


20180816112842_1.jpg


Hello.

club.png
What the HELL is going on? What about the kids? Are the kids okay?

20180816112847_1.jpg


Goodbye.

20180816112848_2.jpg


And thanks for all the xp.

20180816112852_1.jpg


*dramatic fade*

20180816112856_1.jpg


Back to the present.

eli1.png
The hands you control will no longer do your bidding. In the name of myself, my witness, and the soul whom you hold captive... I CAST YOU OUT!

20180816112906_1.jpg


Aetheric barf.

20180816112909_1.jpg


The barf goes into the dude's staff and poofs.

eli4.png
Gotcha!

20180816112913_1.jpg


After which the dude is struck by lightning.

mandy1.png
Eli!

20180816112924_1.jpg


Free at last. Time to conquer Earth.

20180816112938_1.jpg


Whoa whoa whoa, hol' up.

eli1.png
Jeez, Mandy. Put that sword away. The spirit is gone, that lady is harmless!

20180816112951_1.jpg


:codexisfor: Harmless? I'll show you harmless! Tell me what's going on!

mandy3.png
Hm, false bravado. I believe you are correct.

FALSE?!

eli4.png
Told you. She doesn't even know what's going on. It looks like her memory got scrambled during the exorcism.

mandy1.png
Scrambled.

eli1.png
What? It happens.

mandy4.png
I... apologize for the threat. It has been a long night. Please, come with us and we will explain everything.

20180816113015_1.jpg


:codexisfor: How about you tell me right here?

mandy2.png
Because I am cold, soaking wet, and I have been outdoors all night. However, if you want to stay up here, you are welcome to.

She leaves.

eli1.png
Look, she's... WE'VE had a rough night. Go easy on us, okay? Just come on downstairs. When you're ready, we'll explain everything.

20180816113028_1.jpg


Never trust anyone who claims himself the good goy.


That's it for today. Stay tuned as next time we go... DOWN THE STAIRCASE!
 

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Joined
Aug 5, 2009
Messages
7,936
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I wonder if we are weak to daemonic possession or if morino was sanctified by the emprah.

Time will surely tell.
 

Darth Roxor

Wielder of the Huegpenis
Staff Member
Joined
May 29, 2008
Messages
1,876,044
Location
Djibouti
20180816113028_1.jpg


Time to follow these weird-ass LARPers down the Staircase (tm).

20180816113046_1.jpg


ZOG

IT'S LOIKE A MEATGROINDA

mandy1.png
Do take your time. Soak it all in. So, how is that memory of yours? Anything spring to mind?

Codexia is flabbergasted at the scene but quickly regains her composure.

20180816113140_1.jpg


:codexisfor: What the hell happened here?

mandy2.png
Your answer is within your question. Hell, indeed, happened here. Those innocents, innocents of this city who I have sworn to protect. Were destroyed. By your hands.

20180816113151_1.jpg


:x That's a lie!

mandy1.png
You will find that I always tell the truth. Famous for it, actually.

eli3.png
You were possessed. By some kind of demon. It... made you do things.

mandy5.png
You do not remember? One year ago? You slaughtered those police officers. And those teenagers.

20180816113203_1.jpg


:neveraskedforthis: ...

eli1.png
It's a lot to take in, Mandana.

mandy1.png
I am aware, but we cannot... coddle her. You may not want to think about it. Or even remember it. But you must.

eli1.png
The story was top news for weeks! Every district in the city was searching for you.

mandy1.png
As were we. And it is... fortunate that we found you first. These people on the floor? Torn apart using your bare hands. The rain washed away most of the blood from your hands, but it will always be there. Whether you can see it or not.

20180816113228_1.jpg


:whiteknight: I should turn myself in.

eli3.png
No! You can't do that!

mandy4.png
He is correct. Punishing yourself is not the answer. And would expose us. If you want to see justice done, help make it right.

eli1.png
Listen to me, these feelings you've got right now? The guilt? The anger? Hold onto that. It means you're human. You'll need that going forward.

mandy1.png
Speaking of going...

eli1.png
Yeah, we need to scoot. Did you put up a veil, Mandana?

what's this about a veil

mandy1.png
I did. And it will confuse the police long enough for us to get away, but we should not tarry.

That's it to do in this particular scene. None of the gibs can be interacted with, and the two weirdos don't want to talk anymore.

eli1.png
I'd love to chat and get to know you better, but we need to vamoos.

Time to escape the crime scene and pretend nothing's happened.

20180816113313_1.jpg


20180816113317_1.jpg


Curses! Foiled again!

... which makes me wonder how did they get inside the building in the first place...?

mandy1.png
I'm tired, Eli. My strength ebbed hours ago. Perhaps she can help us. Could you find something to pry this off?

eli1.png
Yeah, anything big or heavy should do.

Ah, our first quest!

20180816113342_1.jpg


This should do to haxx0r the locked door.

20180816113348_1.jpg


Sacre bleu!

20180816113351_1.jpg


Demons have appeared from the warp when our back was turned!

eli3.png
You've gotta be kidding me.

20180816113355_1.jpg


20180816113358_1.jpg


20180816113400_1.jpg


Turn-based combat, coming right up!

mandy1.png
Creature! Who are you and what is your purpose here?

demon1.png
Purpose? You invited me.

!!

mandy1.png
You are mistaken.

demon1.png
I was summoned across the void. By you.

mandy1.png
I say again, you are mistaken. You know I speak the truth.

demon1.png
I know what you are, Jinn-child. I know you cannot speak false.

While the three are arguing, we regain control.

20180816113427_1.jpg


Time to introduce our lethal takedown and smack him over the gob.

20180816113431_1.jpg


WHOA HOL' UP

20180816113431_2.jpg


:prosper:

Rewinding...

20180816113443_1.jpg


Compelled by stronk adventure game instincts, we dive into the dumpster. Out of the trash, we can take the spool of copper wire and the bloodstained cloth.

20180816113515_1.jpg


There's a malfunctioning transformer on the left wall, so hooking it up to the wire seems obvious. Putting the wire in the big puddle behind the demon seems obvious as well, but it's not enough.

20180816113535_1.jpg


Codexia clogs up the drainpipe with the cloth, making wasser spout out of the one on the right. This forms a mega-puddle that is now fully under the demon.

Pretty sure this whole scene is not how fluid dynamics actually work, but so it goes. All that is left is to flip the switch...

20180816113541_1.jpg


EXORCISM SUCCESSFUL

20180816113549_1.jpg


eli1.png
Uhm, yeah. Nice work.

20180816113553_1.jpg


:codexisfor: Someone had to do something. You guys obviously weren't.

eli2.png
Look, lady, under most circumstances, I would have been happy to burn that guy to a crisp. But my magic's tapped out. I used it all up saving YOU.

low energy mage

mandy1.png
And she returned the favor. To both of us.

demon1.png
Uughhh.

20180816113604_1.jpg


Itz still alive.

20180816113608_1.jpg


:codexisfor: About 10,000 volts.

demon1.png
It hurts... unlike anything I've ever experienced.

eli2.png
Please. I got hit by LIGHTNING twenty minutes ago. Don't be such a baby.

demon1.png
I... *sniff* That stench!

[Lore] The sniffer daemon is most likely one of the Kalinoids, an unholy brood from Sweden.

demon1.png
It can't be. You. A demonspawn. On THIS plane?

20180816113621_1.jpg


:codexisfor: Are you talking to me?

demon1.png
I can sense the corruption within you! Why do you come here to torment me?

wat

eli1.png
There is no demon. I got rid of it.

demon1.png
You are a fool. The corruption lingers.

mandy2.png
Creature, you are at our mercy. Return home through the void at once.

demon1.png
You know I cannot. I used all my energy to get here. I will not survive the return journey without food. I must feed. On human flesh. In this world, nothing else will sustain me.

good job idiot

20180816113645_1.jpg


:codexisfor: What about the dead bodies inside?

eli3.png
What? That's... eeugh.

demon1.png
Does the demonspawn speak true? There is meat? Inside this building?

mandy4.png
Yes. Yes, there is. Slaughtered only hours ago.

demon1.png
Fresh meat! That is perfect! Let me consume my fill and I will leave you in peace.

mandy5.png
I... I do not think I can do that. It would draw too much attention. The police are bound to notice.

because they are not gonna notice the people torn apart with bare hands and stuff

eli3.png
Not to mention the victims inside are innocent. They have families. Loved ones. They'll want closure.

demon1.png
I'm innocent too, Mageling. You summoned ME. I merely answered. Would you kill me just for that?

mandy1.png
... it speaks true, Eli. What is your decision?

eli3.png
Wait, you're putting this on ME?

mandy1.png
Yes.

20180816113716_1.jpg


Looks like the tardos are incapable of making an appropriate decision. Some professionals these.

This means the chosen one must choose! What shall it be?

Will Codexia PURGE THE UNCLEAN or offer a HOOMAN SACRIFICE?
 

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Joined
Aug 5, 2009
Messages
7,936
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The demon just wants to help, I don't know why we had to kill it to begin with.

Just give the daemon some food, will throw the police off our scent.
 

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom