Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's fuck around Dragon Pass until we make a tribe or perish.

samsam

Educated
3lIh5Fg.jpg

IMPORTANT****** LOOK HERE ****
Dragon Pass music, made by jesters and bards and given to you by Youtube, to put you in the mood. I'd recomend open this in a new tab and let it play while your browsing this.

Year One.
Year Two.Year of blood and cattle.
Year Three. Year of tricks and Tits.

KODP it's a nice little game that features a combination of strategy and rpg. Sort of.

I haven't played the game in little while so I may be rusty in teh lore.
section.
Background Story: we lived in Heortland, shit happened, we moved in Dragon Pass where more shit is bound to happen. In order to better manage the shit we shall unite under our glorious banner more clans and create a tribe(hoppefuly).

iGfPlZs.png

------------------
Let's create a clan. This is open to voting.

bZfDYpg.png

RYsntU7.png

1.Choose a god.
--------------
Gives us a shrine at teh beggining and maybe some other god related bonus, not sure
---------------------

a)Elmal
Horses god
b)Orlanth
Main god, possible battle advantages
c)Ernalda
Goddes, something something farming, fertility (don't care, never used it)

bmNaTyG.png

2.Choose an event
-------------------
Helps with stuff during teh game.
----------------------

a)Battle of Extinguised Fields (Orlanth)
you know him, the GOD of gods.
b)Jested's Settlement (Issaries)
Issaries, god of trade and sweet tongue (good for trading and diplomacy)
c)(Barntar)
Barntar, related to animals and oxes. Basically helps with farming
d)(Lhankor Mhy)
I think this might help with tribe making, but it's not very essential for starters

0nq6vRP.png

3.How we treat strangers
a)thralls
basically this allows slavery and human sacrifice. It's a little frowned upon but...
b)Adopted family
yeah, yeah, we're all friends

DZEUmAr.png

S5YSK3Z.png

4.Our Ancestral foes.
---
Bassicaly if we beat them in game we gain a bonus of magic and prestige...I think.
-----

a)Boztakang the Troll Lord
heard it's the best choice as there are a lot of trolls out there
b)Ukkar Gra, King of teh Basmoli Beastmen
c)Chinkis Mor, the Elf Warlord
d)Tada teh GReen, cahmpion of teh flat land called Prax
e)Faralinthor, Salty Lord of teh Sea
Heard this one is an unpleasant choice...
f)Ves Venna, son of Valind, Warlord of the Ice Tribe
..and so is this one

8ldJFJa.png

5.Clan Type.
------
Important, determines the kind of clan we start up with. We can change this later (at teh cost of one turn)

a)War
We can invest more magic points in war at teh beggining of each year and people will shut the fuck up when you keep on atacking other clans season after season.

b)Balanced
Not black and not white but a dirty boring gray. . We can invest less points in war at the beggining of the game.

e)Peace.
Farming farming farming. Bickering among the peasants if we nobles decide that a little bloodshed here and there is in order to keep our blood running.

6. The first deity we helped awaken.
-----
I think this gives us another free shrine (like step 1). If we choose the same deity at both step 1 and 6 (this step) then we will have a level 2 shrine (can go as far as level 3 for each deity)

a)None. Our ancestor are good enough.
b)Elmal, horses
c)Urox, the Storm Bull ????
d)Odayla, hunting bonus
e)Ernalda, something something healing, soothing, good for peace clan
f)Orlanth, GOD of gods, balanced choice
g)Issaries, very helpful with trading (and diplomacy a bit)
h)Lhankor My, teh god of law (helps with customs and tribe making/keeping)
i)Chalana Arroy, healing goddes. Good for healing injured people (which become so when fighting wars)
j)Uralda, the Cow Mother. Cows, fertility???

BSfXKpY.png

7.Attitude towards dragons

----
Dragons may come visit us. Maybe we will meet them in the wild, dunno.
-----

a)Hostile. We fought against them.
b)Negative. We would never believe a dragon.
c)Neutral. We didn't go along
d)Positive. We joined into their dragon knowledge.

ipHaf2Z.png

8.How much land did we claim when we arrived in this new, virgin land?

a)As much as we needed, no more.
b)More than we needed, to grow into.
c)Lots more than we would probably need
4)Huge Tracts, far more than needed.

9.Name of the Clan.
I'll propose 3 names, make your pick

a)Butthurti
b)Monoclia
c)Fuckers

Difficulty: Easy (it's not really that easy)
Game Length: Short

Ok, take your pick.

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Stand with Elmal,
Do the battle of Extinguish Field,
No thrall-taking(ransom people off instead), Wake Urox or Orlanth, Neutral to dragons, fight trolls, war clan with just a little more land.
Also long game, but either one is good.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yes! Yes! So much yes!

I absolutely loved this game, but I suck at it. There must be some basics I do not understand. Maybe this thread will enlighten me... or make me feel better about my suckage.

1. B 2. B (for consistency's sake) 3. B 4. B 5. B 6. B 7. B 8. B 9. B

Difficulty: Average
Game Length: Short

Last edited:
Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
:salute:

1.Choose a god
b)Orlanth

2.Choose an event
a)Battle of Extinguised Fields (Orlanth)

3.How we treat strangers
a)thralls

4.Our Ancestral foes
c)Chinkis Mor, the Elf Warlord

5.Clan Type
a)War

6.The first deity we helped awaken
f)Orlanth, GOD of gods, balanced choice

7.Attitude towards dragons
b)Negative. We would never believe a dragon

8.How much land did we claim when we arrived in this new, virgin land?
b)More than we needed, to grow into

9.Name of the Clan
b)Monoclia

hostergaard

Educated
1. B (Orlanth)

2. A (Battle of Extinguised Fields)

3. A (Thralls, gotta have someone to use that pimphand on)

4. C (Faralinthor, because having to deal with his salty ass sound like !!FUN!!)

5. A (War, how else are we gonna horde thralls? anything else would be a waste of our war min/maxing)

6. F (Orlanth)

7. D (Positive, 'cus the entire clan are all secretly fury and want some of that scaly dragon tail.)

8. D (Cause bitches gotta have huge... ....tracts of land)

9. B (Monoclia)

Erebus

Arcane
Let's be manly.

1. b) (Orlanth)
He's manly.

2. a) (Battle of Extinguised Fields (Orlanth))
Battle's manly.

3. a) (thralls)
We're not hippies.

4. c) (Chinkis Mor, the Elf Warlord)
Elves are the opposite of manly.

5. a) (War)
Obviously.

6. c) (Urox, the Storm Bull)
With a name like that, he has to be awesome.

7. a) (Hostile. We fought against them.)
Fuck dragons.

8. 4) (Huge Tracts, far more than needed.)
We deserve it because we're awesome.

9. b) (Monoclia)

Zeriel

Arcane
Oh god let the horrible hero quest slaughter ruination begin.

samsam

Educated
VOTE CLOSED.******************************
Results:
1.b
2.a
3.a
4.c
5.a
6.f
7.c
8.b
9.b

Orlanth wins on all fronts so that's cool. We should be quite strong. Thralls means fun and trouble but we will be able to handle it since we're a WAR tribe baby, yeahh! Land it's quite small, I was expecting huge tracts to be the popular choice but more than we need to grow into it's a smart balanced choice. Monoclia it's the name our clan, obviously! And we are neutral to dragons. So this will be an interesting LP. Since we are an war tribe we will start our first year by strengthening our weaponthanes (warriors/nobles) numbers. We will also build some fortifications to be able to spot raiders and better defend ourselves. I am also thinking to build a shrine for Humakt (god of Death). Well, we shall see.
I shall continue this tomorow, so stay put my fellow clansmen, for tomorrow we will send some enemies in the afterlife.

Kipeci

Arcane
You should raid our enemies and destroy enough clans so that you acquire over 25,000 cattle, which led to a problem for me in that the game would register me as having a negative number of cows somehow and disband my clan.

samsam

Educated
Since I had some spare time today I decided not to let you chew your fingernails with anticipation so here's the first update.

Dragon Pass LP. Year 1329. First year.

Take a good look at our new home. These are the lands of Monoclia, and we are going to defend them till our last breath. It's year 1329. We don't have much to go by and a few tired warriors after the battles fought on the road from Heortland to Dragon Pass. Luckily, the land is fertile and we will start planting crops to feed both the carls and weaponthanes.

2.Our talkers with gods predict that this year we will have a bountiful harvest. Also, it seems that we have upset some spirits, since our clan name will be not talked well about. We are not known to many people, and the few who know us have no respect for us whatsoever. We shall prove them wrong, by sword or by the book of law, so help us Orlanth.
We are still weak so we won't spend our precious magic in War until we shall plenty of weaponthanes. Let's put some magic into crops as food is always important.Let's begin.

3.Let me explain to you, in case you forgot, oh noble council of Monoclia. We have 5 seasons in a year. Sea it's teh season in which we plant our fields so we don't go raiding like crazies. Fire is teh warm season in which our crops grow strong and our hearts beat wildly. This is a good time for war and exploration. Next comes the Earth season in which we harvest the bounty of the land, drink wine and enjoy life. In Dark season we stay in our homes next to a roaring fire drinking (whisky and punch) wine, with our feet resting nicely on a stool and our hearts light as feathers. This is the time when we make stories and children. Storm is teh last season of the year. As it names sugests, it's a time of reawakening. We send scouts to explore unknown lands and we punish those who crossed us.
4.Our leaders were choosen poorly because we were in a hurry to leave Heortland but now that we are here let's pick better suited leaders.
Wilms who worships Orlanth is an excelent leader so I think it wisely to choose him as the leader of our clan. Enastarra, a blond strong woman who worships Uralda will tend the animals and see that they are well treated. Beautiful Enent worships Issaries and in return she receives the blessing of a silver tongue (and a perky ass). We will need here when (shit starts hitting teh fan) swords won't be enough and words shall determine fate of people. Janstan, our beloved (hated) trickster worships Eurmal and makes the sun rise and the moon settle (his words, not mine). Ohh, we will laugh ... Beneva, teh old witch who whorships Ernalda will tend to our magic. Orlkarth is a devout worshipper of Humakt and a fierce warrior. Brangbane, worshipper of Orlanth will watch his back in battle("Hoppefuly not to insistently")

5.While carls tend to crops let's recruit some more weaponthanes and set some proper patrols.

6.Hmm, it seems we have our first hiccup.Insterid, a member of the Badger clan ring asks our help in a war related matter. Since it's teh Sea Season and we need all hands on the fields we will turn her down.

7.Let's take a look at the map. We have feuds with the Lysang and Lonisi tribe. Blue Spruce and Hendart are our allies. The rest of the surrounding clans are still somewhat neutral towards us.

8.Since it's fire season and all, I say let's do a little cattle raid against the Lysang clan.....
And we're back with loot. 20 cows and 32 sheep, and teh poor basterds didn't even noticed us.

9.Haha, Janstant just had a great idea. Let's cattle raid the Lysangs again. Hihi. ......
Well, it all went well until one of the footmen saw a snake and started screaming near teh enemy positions. Bloody hell, they've seen us. Our 9 Weaponthanes and 6 footmen ar facing 10 weaponthanes and 21 swordsmen. The situation is pretty grim so we all agree that we shall do a strategic retreat. ...
Well, no loot but no lives lost so I say that's good.

10.Some travelling trader from the BLue Spruce clan tells us to avoid Orngerin, the negotiator of the Tree Brother clan. We just don't give a fuck.

11. So, Earth season it's here. Let's harvest stuff and enjoy the ripe fruits of the land. We will use this time not only to enjoy teh golden colors of the land but also to strengthen our fortifications. We start building a nice little Watch Tower out of wood and stone to spot raiders from the distance.

12. At the sugestion of Orlkarth we build some ramparts.

13.Woopsie. Big breasted priesteses of Uralda, mother of cows, have come to us offering to perform a ritual. Hearing this, all the weaponthanes and some of teh carls changed conspirative, lusty looks. Then I told them that the ritual is a religious one (duh, what were you thinking) in honor of Uralda. In return for this ritual that will probably help with our cows ("both at home and in the stables" cried Janstan) but they want something in return ("no Janstan, we can't give them THAT!"). After some consideration I think that some gifts will be enough reward since we need magic for ourselves......
...Later, after the rituals was performed, the carls and some of the weaponthanes cheered them on their way out, under teh scornful looks of their wives.

14.Enastarra, who is responsible with our animals and also with agriculture in general is telling us tha the harvest was bountiful. It seems that 1 point of magic we invested at teh beggining of the year yield results.

15. Dark season it's here and the cold it's making things ...colder... ("and smaller" assures me Janstan). Despite the harsh conditions outside I thought it wise to send some carls under the supervision of BragBane, sorry, Brangbane to build a stake perimeter.

16.Half of the dark season has passed as quickly as a ("yes Janstan, we know the joke about quickness, Brangbane and his wife") bird in the wind. Storm it's near us so at the insistences of Orlkarth we have decided to sacrifice to Humakt, god of Death and Destruction. The 10 thralls we captured on our long road from Heortland to Dragon Pass cried with despair when we throw them 5 long straws and 5 short ones. Enastarra, after a long argument with Orlkarth leaved us saying that she will have nothing to do with that. Enent was silent during our debates but her sad eyes told more than her silver tongue could ever tell. Beneva, teh old witch was impartial, but one couldn't tell if she agreed with us or not. Finally, we gathered in the woods and prepared everything for the sacrifice. Wine was given to the 5 unhappy thralls and messages for Humakt whispered int their ears by some of the young weaponthanes. Brangbane, who boasted that he will send the 5 thralls to Humakt went pale at the sight of them and the ritual knife so naturally Orlkarth took his place. He did his job with a steady hand and cold eyes while the surviving 5 Thralls watched terrified. Afterwards, Beneva falled into a deep trance. When she waked up she told us that Humakt has granted us the Morale Ritual, which improves the ability of our warriors in battle.

17. Hmm, Rastoron, a carl was caught with Clearwine, stolen from our trading post. We shall forgive him....this time.

18. The Storm season is upon us! Brangbane insisted that we should go on another raid against the Lysangs, but the clan submited the wise decision of it's leader, Wilms, and decided that we shall explore our own tula and see what we can find. Swen alongside 9 weaponthanes and 8 footmen were choosen for the task and went on their way.....

19.While Swen was away, exploring (hoppefuly), we decided to sent another expedition to increase the chances of succes in findind something valuable or interesting. Garath, a young warrior offered himself and went exploring with another weaponthane and 10 footmen.

20.Enent shared some interesting information with us. Apparently, our goods are not that appreciated out there.

21. After the new Year celebration, while suffering from a litle hangover we reviewed our past year situation. 29 babies were born - well that's good news. Apparently our carls are not good only for plowing the land but also for plowing their ...ahem...wives. ("Here Janstan, I said it. Happy?") 40 more cattle made Enastarra happy but 11 horses went missing and no one knows nothing. We have 68 more sheep and our skilled crafters produced 39 goods. Well, all in all it was a great first year! So let's close these dusty scrolls and raise the glass to the future! "For Monoclia, For Orlanth and for Honor! Yeahhhhhhhh!"

tindrli

Arcane
You should raid our enemies and destroy enough clans so that you acquire over 25,000 cattle, which led to a problem for me in that the game would register me as having a negative number of cows somehow and disband my clan.

do you have patch installed??

Kipeci

Arcane
It was on the iOS version a couple updates ago, I don't know if it was fixed or not. At one point I was unleashing over 200 weaponthanes in every raid, I'm not sure why I deleted that game.

Stand with Elmal,
No thrall-taking(ransom people off instead), Wake Urox or Orlanth, Neutral to dragons, fight trolls, war clan with just a little more land.

This and then pray like hell that you get at least one elmal worshiper in the clan, preferably with good leadership :D and not too old.

edit: Should have used that trickster magic to get this in before you actually made the tribe, that's what I get for not scrolling down.

iirc from the manual, sacrificing thralls is more a move of desperation, lowering the morale/mood of the clan.

Is that other orlanth worshipper so much better than some other alternative? Having 7 different gods represented in the clan ring makes hero questing safer and you don't want to waste a move rearranging clan ring too often.

Last edited:

Zeriel

Arcane
Great LP, love the writing style, got me to go and install KoDP for the millionth time.

Zeriel

Arcane
I wish it was a little less "YOU MUST PLAY THIS WAY!!!! ONLY PROPER ORLANTHIAN BEHAVIOR IN THIS HOOD" to beat it, but still a classic.

hostergaard

Educated
I would recommend spending a little more of our magic, letting 6 points of magic go to waste is pointless. This early on I would spend most of it and only keep 1-3 points in reserve for eventualities.

Also, I find that sending people to the lonely mountain up north is a good idea, as one of the events there can increase the explorers magic. Other that our current council members like the trickster I like to send prospective members up there a few times to bolster their magic. There is a risk of course, but often you have a bunch of useless people that you can throw at such missions. If they succeed; great! If not no biggy. So send people out when you got nothing else to do, alone if you got no thanes to spare and they are unimportant anyway.

samsam

Educated
I would recommend spending a little more of our magic, letting 6 points of magic go to waste is pointless. This early on I would spend most of it and only keep 1-3 points in reserve for eventualities.

Also, I find that sending people to the lonely mountain up north is a good idea, as one of the events there can increase the explorers magic. Other that our current council members like the trickster I like to send prospective members up there a few times to bolster their magic. There is a risk of course, but often you have a bunch of useless people that you can throw at such missions. If they succeed; great! If not no biggy. So send people out when you got nothing else to do, alone if you got no thanes to spare and they are unimportant anyway.

Magic is not wasted, it remains in reverve for teh years to come. Sure, nasty events that empty magic reserve can happen, but still, I don't like investing too much magic at the begining of the game, unless I really want to maximize my chances of succes in various things (war, quests, etc). Thanks for teh tip with the north mountain, didn't knew about it.

samsam

Educated
Stand with Elmal,

This and then pray like hell that you get at least one elmal worshiper in the clan, preferably with good leadership :D and not too old.

edit: Should have used that trickster magic to get this in before you actually made the tribe, that's what I get for not scrolling down.

iirc from the manual, sacrificing thralls is more a move of desperation, lowering the morale/mood of the clan.

Is that other orlanth worshipper so much better than some other alternative? Having 7 different gods represented in the clan ring makes hero questing safer and you don't want to waste a move rearranging clan ring too often.
Yeah, I know about the thralls being bad for clan, but hey, it was the popular choice. I have 6 different gods on the clan (2 orlanth).

samsam

Educated
I wish it was a little less "YOU MUST PLAY THIS WAY!!!! ONLY PROPER ORLANTHIAN BEHAVIOR IN THIS HOOD" to beat it, but still a classic.

There is no such thing as an Orlanthian behaviour, it's just the way the story unfolds. :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom