Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's LARP the Emperor's Finest - a wh40k IF

Kayerts

Arcane
Oh ffs, why did you faggots pick to go with the derpy inquisitor instead of getting us some promethium to scorch the filth off this rock? HURR DURR INQUISITARDS R AWSUM, NO WAY IN HELL THEY'LL PUT US IN DEEP SHIT AND A LOSE-LOSE SITUATION, NO SIR!

Based on how root described the alternative futures of Lieutenant Limpdick, the events of the narrative will happen regardless of whether we're there to witness them. In other words, if we'd chosen not to accompany Nils, he'd still mainline the ooze. Without the collar-grabbing Guardsman Shepard around to attempt renegade interrupts, it's a safe bet Nils would make it back to the ship; i.e. the NPC squad would default to choice 2, and we'd have to deal with whatever consequences ensued.

I'm sticking with my shoot-the-bastard vote for now, but there is this:

‘It’s in the rain’ He says in an alarmed tone, as you see the veins under his face turning black and his eyes as well.

Meaning he was enough himself to be alarmed by the presence of the ooze in the rain, even after he exposed his hand to it. That may be promising for his continued sanity.

Baltika9

Arcane
Oh ffs, why did you faggots pick to go with the derpy inquisitor instead of getting us some promethium to scorch the filth off this rock? HURR DURR INQUISITARDS R AWSUM, NO WAY IN HELL THEY'LL PUT US IN DEEP SHIT AND A LOSE-LOSE SITUATION, NO SIR!

1) SUFFER NOT THE HERETIC TO LIVE.

And may the emperor's divine influence somehow sway the commisars away from wanting to BLAM us instantly.
Actually, this is exactly what I was hoping for.

Renegen

Arcane
A. Maybe we're going overboard, but we have survived the Tyrant Star, we are paranoid about this stuff.

ironyuri

IT'S IN THE RAIN

chubbyrain.jpg

bowfinger.jpg

286720-vlcsnap_00072_super.jpg

tmb_5020_480.jpg

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

And may the emperor's divine influence somehow sway the commisars away from wanting to BLAM us instantly.
I am very butthurt about Shepards.

The shame :P

eklektyk

Erudite
now I NEED TO KNOW MOAR !!!!!!!!

obv 2. simply root planed some massiv fuckup and i want to read it from first perspective and not as some fluff while we rolling 3rd char :smug:

Esquilax

Arcane
‘Really? I’m told the Officio Medicae is baffled by the pathogen that killed the men in the hive-city, as is our own Biologus Adepts. And yet you are prepared to deal with it?’

‘Yes. I am a simple man, Inquisitor, and when faced with something that corrupts the flesh of my fellow guardsmen, I see a simple solution.’ You slot the charge pack into place with a loud click ‘The Emperor’s benediction.’

‘Good man.’ The Inquisitor says, nodding. ‘Hold true to that, and I shall look into having you reinstated to your previous rank.’

‘I will not fail, Inquisitor.’

‘See to it that you don’t. The Emperor protects.’

All that needs to be said. Shepard is EXTREME when it comes to heresy after his experiences. Shoot him in the face and hope for the best.

1)

Baltika9

Arcane

I am very butthurt about Shepards.

The shame :P
Well, if it gets us killed by making us explode into a three-color rainbow, I will be ecstatic.

Random Word

Arbiter
MCA Project: Eternity
A)
An open mind is a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded, and ever do the sibilant whispers of Heresy and Corruption seek any momentary opening in that inviolable bastion of Faith - we cannot countenance the thought that congress with Xenos could ever be righteous in the eyes of the Emperor.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
2) What's important is that our mission is done. And this inquisitor is fishy so we better keep an eye on him.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
This one's a bit more tricky. We're testing our men's loyalty enough by allowing the Inquisitor to live, and this could lead to them disliking us even more. Then again, letting the Inquisitor wander around on his own right now would be a bad idea.

Gonna go with 2., but willing to listen to counter-arguments.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
2) we're not kwanzanian meathead marines. This whole "leave no man behind" mentality creates more corpses than it saves men. Especially in 40k. We can't afford to let the =I= be the only thing to make it back and report his tainted version of the story

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Indeed he is fishy. With our experience of the Tyrant Star bright in our mind, we should not be too quick to trust the inquisitor as implicitly as we claimed we did just now.
What worries me is that our other guardsmen seem intent on returning to try and rescue the other team. Will this choice only reflect what we do, or is it a decision for the whole team?

Esquilax

Arcane
1) This is strictly an emotional decision. No matter what, we're IG and I hate the idea of abandoning our brothers-in-arms like that. The only real practical benefit I see here is that our squadmates won't hate us for obeying a man who is at best a heretic, at worst tainted and a danger to everybody. The others will definitely hate us if we don't go to the Promethium refinery, and it might lead them to thinking we're tainted too.

I wonder what would have happened if we decided to frag the Inquisitor - I think our bros in the squad would have tried to concoct a suitable alibi. Would have been interesting given our glorious record of ending the lives of our commanding officers. Joining up with Team Prometheus would probably be way smarter if we decided to waste the Inquisitor, then we wouldn't have to babysit his possibly tainted ass.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
This one's a bit more tricky. We're testing our men's loyalty enough by allowing the Inquisitor to live, and this could lead to them disliking us even more. Then again, letting the Inquisitor wander around on his own right now would be a bad idea.

Gonna go with 2., but willing to listen to counter-arguments.

Regarding the loyalty of the other guardsmen, we're a simple private. Having their loyalty or not shouldn't make too much of a difference so far. If we get promoted, then yes.

I'm leaning towards 2 too, we might even have to spend our fatepoint on not getting raped by the inquisitor back on the Thronum. :smug: Exciting stuff, isn't it?

kazgar

Arcane
If we stick with =I= around we could end up on the inquisitors retinue shooting xenos with cool equipment and trading with rogues.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
2. I mean, it's Team Prometheus. One of them probably accidentally tripped and triggered a portal to the Warp somewhere. Best to just cut your losses and get on with the mission.

Voting 1.

This mission is all but over, so let's save those men if we can.

The Inquisitor problem can wait. Even when we notify our superiors/commissar of what happened - what do you expect will happen? Nothing - nobody can make a move against him and he knows it. Unless the Inquisitor starts growing tentacles nobody is going arrest or shoot him, and even then it's not sure. Testimony of some grunts is definitely not going to cut it.

Let's rescue our brothers from a tight spot if we can. Feels suitably heroic (or maybe just stupid, but hey). Are there fresh air supplies for our respirators on board? Make sure to be careful with our weapons in the refinery if possible. We wouldn't want the Aliens scenario again, now would we (or maybe we would if the place is badly corrupted).

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Regarding the loyalty of the other guardsmen, we're a simple private. Having their loyalty or not shouldn't make too much of a difference so far. If we get promoted, then yes.

I meant in terms of them following and agreeing with our decision-making. Chances are the squad may not want to follow us anymore of they don't like us and/or think we're terrible at making them. Some of the squad clearly don't agree with us deciding to keep the Inquisitor alive, and leaving more of our guys to die could cause them to further distrust us.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Why exactly is a private making decisions here?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom