Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's LARP the Emperor's Finest - a wh40k IF

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Either way, it still needs a body to run around in. Lets burn each and every single one except ourselves, that's the only way we can be safe. Unless Malcer simply sacirifices the techpriest. Might be the reason why root said "they might all be dead, except for flavion" earlier.

Esquilax

Arcane
well it sounds like from the dream that the daemon might be a keeper of secrets, but the maze sounds like a lord of change

maybe we're facing both at once. double penetration of shepards.

I really doubt it's a Lord of Change or anything Tzeentchian. If that were the case, why would it be afraid of us going into the Gellar Field to begin with? A Tzeentchian demon would have a shitload of contingency plans and it wouldn't rely on such a gamble.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Well, it expected us to react in a reasonable manner, something we did for the past 20 updates (with a few single exceptions). So it really wasn't that much of a gamble. And when facing tzeentzcian daemons you must always consider that tzeentzch might aswell be bored and wants some of his minions to fail miserably.

Edit: I just realized, didn't we have a choice between several names, one of them being Stern? Arvann Stern is a Gay-Knight captain that managed to banish a Lord of Change... Might be useless trivia, might be some actual relations there.

ironyuri

I wish we'd used our fate point. Like I voted for. (After 2 flip flops.)

Saark

Arcane
Patron
And miss out on this? The update was great and I wouldn't want to miss out on what is going to happen next, do you? We might still use the fatepoint to pull a tesseract labyrinth out of our ass to imprison whatever daemon we're going to face. Or beat it fair and square and earn a second one. Or die horribly to a slaaneshi-tzeentzchian daemon mutant that was created by the black mold.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I am shocked of the lack of faith in our Divine Undying Lord teh Emprah of all Humanity among Codexers, keep acting like rational men using secular Jew Science! it sure did helped Primarchs fighting off the Chaos influence during Horus Heresy. :roll:
"My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive."

Kayerts

Arcane
Isn't that whole quote from the Spess Mehrens? They can get away with believing their armor is contempt, because their actual armor is armor. In contrast, our armor is mostly foreplay for our painful deaths.

Project: Eternity
Isn't that whole quote from the Spess Mehrens? They can get away with believing their armor is contempt, because their actual armor is armor. In contrast, our armor is mostly foreplay for our painful deaths.

wow, I actually laughed when I read this. Wish I could brofist you.

Also, great LP. I've been enjoying it quite a bit.

GreyViper

Prophet
Um... nice story, but what's your plan? Give an inspirational speech and charge into the Gellar Field? I've gotta be honest, I kinda skimmed through it.

Voting (1) at the moment, given that the priest seems to be the one most likely to keep a clear head here. Don't like (4) because I think fucking with Tyrant Star related nonsense at a time like this (or actually, any time at all) is a terrible idea. Willing to flop to any cunning plan (tm) you bros come up with.

(1)
Pretty much. Wasn't sleepy at that time so found something to occupy my time then.
*give an inspirational speech
*ask the priest to bless the water
*give orders for men to use hot shoots and cover for maximum effect
*use concentrated fire and holy water if enemy gets to close
*and charge into the Gellar Field

I don't have rule book at hand, but would these actions make sense in Dark Heresy and the IG supplement?

ironyuri

2myb1wk.jpg

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
For one thing, the daemon seems Tzeentchian (blue aura shows that, doesn't it?)

Second, I believe Kirchoff might be full of shit. He was the first to read the script, and all he claimed was 'lololo rogue ecclesiarchy'? But now, suddenly, his dudeguy starts translating the thing and runs off possessed?

Third, all those anti-psychic auras could mean Shepard is some sort of a blank, just like Ezekiel, who also happened to be influenced by the Tyrant Star. Aaaaaaand it might also explain the inquisitor's interest in Shepard, since psykers get naturally freaked out by blanks. It doesn't explain the voices at all though.

Fourth, I have no bloody idea what to do. 1 seems bad because Kirchoff is sleazy as all fuck, 2 is bad because lol let's go around in circles, 3 could be bad because Groshaw will just freak out again with 'OMG I THOUGHT YOU WERE REDEEMER :(((((((((((" and it's not like his darkholder instincts did fuck all earlier in the maze. 4 is the only one that doesn't appear completely horribad but I have no doubts it might just as well be the Outsider (or some other friendly star god) and will eventually lead to DEVOUR SOUL. As for 5...

We still have contact with the team securing the areas behind us, right. And I believe the Inquisitor is still on board the ship, right? Contact them and tell them to try to get the Inquisitor into this place ASAP and bring in many heavy boys with him. It will probably be too late when he arrives and the daemon will be freed, but he's probably the only one on the ship who can get rid of it once it's out of the box.

Baltika9

Arcane
Well, so much for a risk-free assignment and a peaceful vacation off the surface.
Root, you've done it again.:troll::salute:

Kayerts

Arcane
For one thing, the daemon seems Tzeentchian (blue aura shows that, doesn't it?)

Good point. Yes, it does.

Third, all those anti-psychic auras could mean Shepard is some sort of a blank, just like Ezekiel, who also happened to be influenced by the Tyrant Star. Aaaaaaand it might also explain the inquisitor's interest in Shepard, since psykers get naturally freaked out by blanks. It doesn't explain the voices at all though.

Also, the witch was able to briefly affect our mind, and the inquisitor used his psyker abilities on us, too. I don't think Shepard could be a blank.

We still have contact with the team securing the areas behind us, right. And I believe the Inquisitor is still on board the ship, right? Contact them and tell them to try to get the Inquisitor into this place ASAP and bring in many heavy boys with him. It will probably be too late when he arrives and the daemon will be freed, but he's probably the only one on the ship who can get rid of it once it's out of the box.

There's also Ezekiel; I think that proximity to a pariah (that pariah, actually) was how the Lorekeeper dealt with the Lord of Change possessing him in root's other 40k LP.

Anyway, I'm in favor of calling for backup, but that takes about 30 seconds and won't keep Team Shepard from dying horribly. It seems like a thing to do in conjunction with our own plan to navigate the maze.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
colonialmarines4up6-1.jpg

"Just another Bug Hunt", they said, "We've got the redeemer with us, nothing'll go wrong" they said.

Gonna go with 1. last time we listened to the voices in our head, we turned into a fucking swarm lord.

Esquilax

Arcane
I think that Darth Roxor has laid out the closest thing to a coherent plan without becoming thrall to some malevolent star god (Chaos fanboys take note, this isn't the path to the sort of power and corruption you want)

I'm in favour of Darth Roxor's 5), but failing that I will go with 1) to prevent rape by C'tan.

oscar

Arcane
1. He seems to actually know what's going on. Four would be nice except for the fact there's no way to tell if it's the Emperor or Chaos/Star Gods.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I am fairly sure following Kirchoff's advice is a VERY bad idea. I feel it in my gut.

Also, remember that other time when he started spraying hullghasts with flamer fire right next to a coolant pipe (or whatever that was)? I don't believe it was an accident right now.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Barring everything else 5-related, though, I say 2. Let Shepard trust his instincts. Fuck the heretic (1), fuck the mutant (3), fuck the xeno (4). The Emperor protects.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Barring everything else 5-related, though, I say 2. Let Shepard trust his instincts. Fuck the heretic (1), fuck the mutant (3), fuck the xeno (4). The Emperor protects.
Flip flopping to what I chose from the start eh?

A wise decision.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom