Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's LARP the Emperor's Finest - a wh40k IF

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Lets get exorcized. Iirc, its a really interesting prestige class in DH :M

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
So I'm a bit confused; are we gonna play as Schaeffer after he gets exorcised, or are we gonna have a trippy Jupiter and Beyond the Infinite/End of Evangelion-esque metaphysical journey beforehand?

Kayerts

Arcane
Just one question, the fatepoint that Schaeffer did not use, would he still have that when exorcised?

In Dark Heresy, becoming exorcised costs you a fate point, so I think we'd be starting from nothing.
Lets get exorcized. Iirc, its a really interesting prestige class in DH :M

Makes us weaker, nuttier, and less sociable, while giving us ability to sense the warp, resistance to corruption, and immunity to corrupting mutations. Seems like it's generally a rough trade-off, but possibly useful if we're returning to Planet Ooze.

GreyViper

Prophet
2) Switch PoV to a deathwatch marine or something similar; you'd get to create your very own character from scratch including his chapter of origin and whatnot, using rites of battle rules. I see this as the most viable choice, but people may resent it. it also would be a considerable power creep.
Probably deathwatch marine, because I have faith in Codex for dooming this guy quite fast like the previous ones.:rpgcodex::roll:
Still good story and good example that cool stuff wont always lead to good endings.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Me too. I mean, it doesn't sound too bad that we had to sacrifice ourselves to overcome the odds, since I'm still not convinced that we could've taken out the marines+daemon+sorcerer. That way we at least managed to not suck so hard as to screw up the whole scenario (like we kinda did back with the lieutenant). Paying a fate point and some other things to survive a daemonic host-party seems fine to me. We're IG afterall and can't win every battle. Deathwatch is boring since the sudden rise in power would force root to make us face much stronger stuff than we're used too, and I kinda like the current setting.

Either way, I'm fine. Keep it up root.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Would prefer a REAL Ultramarine but as long as they are of the gene-seed of Guilliman and recognize who their spiritual liege is, it's good enough. Despite their heresy towards the Codex Astartes.

Voting 2.

Kayerts

Arcane
I like how option 2 leaves us without two of the more useful Space Marine augmentations for dealing with and identifying toxins. On the other hand, if we choose option 1, our character will spend his entire existence struggling with the fact that he can never be an Ultramarine.

[...]it's good enough. Despite their heresy towards the Codex Astartes.

Watch as root creates a variety of scenarios that can only be solved through judicious use of Steel Rain.

Voting 2.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
TRUE ULTRAMAHREEN OR NOTHING!

630px-Wardass.jpg

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
I don't really feel like larping an Ultrasmurf, but 2 is decent enough I guess, and I'm not saying that because I was on IRC when it was created (didn't contribute shit though). :M

Kayerts

Arcane
Okay, let's do this:

3. Character name: Matthaeus Custodis
Chapter: ~*ULTRAMARINES*~
Chapter Demeanor: Release The C'Tan Courage and Honour
Character Demeanor: Humble
Character History:
Matthaeus was born (or some say, sprang fully-formed from the Emperor's head) long ago. As a boy he was found by a chapter master of the Adeptus Astartes, whose chapter has since been purged from the imperial records. He was considered for induction into their neophytes briefly, until the chapter master realized that the human boy somehow already exceeded the powers of the superhuman Space Marines. There was only one chapter worthy of accepting such a neophyte, and so the chapter master went to his spiritual liege Marneus Calgar and presented the boy to him. He and his entire chapter then simultaneously committed suicide, knowing that with the birth of this child they had become obsolete. The Imperium of Man would have no better guardian than this.

Matthaeus quickly distinguished himself among the neophytes, often outstripping the Ultramarine initiates teaching him (and thus, by transitivity, the brother-captains of many lesser chapters). He recovered within minutes from the augmentation procedure to become a Space Marine, and in addition to the normal 19 implants was given an additional 30. (No one knows what they do, but they are rumored to be "really cool.") He studied the Codex
Astartes tirelessly, and within his first months as a battle-brother, he was considered to be a master of Steel Rain.

In each of his many battles defending the realms of Ultramar, Matthaeus distinguished himself further and further. This is especially impressive when you consider that he came back from his first scouting mission holding the spinal columns of a Bloodthirster of Khorne in each hand, saying only he "ran into some trouble." For his feats, he became the youngest Ultramarine ever to attain the rank of sergeant.

One day, when Chief Librarian Tigurius was engaging in psychic combat with the Tyranid Hivemind (he had just called it a "peener-head"), he was caught off-guard by the manifestation of all four Chaos Gods, confronting him in the warp. While Tigurius is certainly the greatest psyker in the galaxy and probably the peer of the Emperor himself, even he could not defend himself from these foes. But one man could. Tigurius reported seeing a great flash of light before him, and then, the presence of young Sergeant Custodis. "Go away, you jerks," said the luminous sergeant, and in terror at the mighty psychic presence before them, the Dark Powers fled. It was that day that Matthaeus became the first Sergeant-Librarian in the Ultramarines' history. (They found a footnote in the Codex Astartes that said it was okay, if the sergeant-librarian was "really cool," and Matthaeus was.)

From that day forward, Chapter Master Marneus Calgar frequently consulted the young sergeant-librarian whenever he needed help with anything tough. Brother-Captain Sicarius was often reprimanded for going through young Matthaeus's trash, notwithstanding his excuse of wanting to touch something of Matthaeus's. Calgar has frequently contemplated adding an hour to evening meditations, in which battle-brothers consider Matthaeus and reflect on how they could be more like him.

Eventually, while Calgar wanted to keep Matthaeus on Macragge forever, he realized that would be selfish and sent Matthaeus out to the Holy Ordos. Despite his psyker powers, the inquisitors wouldn't let Matthaeus join the Grey Knights because "that might make him uppity." But they winked and told Matthaeus that if he did a good job in the Deathwatch, he might just get to transfer!

Matthaeus's proudest moment came when he met Kaldor Draigo during a meeting with an Ordo Malleus inquisitor. Seeing the clear superiority in Matthaeus that could only come from a true Son of Guilliman, the Grandmaster of the Grey Knights challenged him to an honourable arm-wrestling match. After a long, grueling contest, the shockwaves from which nearly bowed over the terminators cheering the two on, a draw was declared. Matthaeus's last memory of Draigo was the latter giving him a respectful salute as the doors to his shuttle closed. Perhaps there was a tear in his eye.

Specialty: Is Awesome!
WS: 60
BS: 60
S: 60
T: 59 (balanced character design includes weaknesses as well as strengths!)
AG: 60
INT: RG (too high to be measured; the Imperial Officio Psychometricum has given him the top-secret "Really Good" designation)
PER: 60
WP: 70 (because he shows restraint!)
FEL: 60

Abilities:

And They Shall Know No Fluff: Perhaps Matthaeus's most formidable ability, he is so rad that the laws of the universe frequently reshape themselves around him, for they do not wish to constrain him. Established constants of the 41st millennium bend and break at his whim. No one knows exactly how this happens, but it's probably because he's awesome. Examples may be found in Matthaeus's many victories over fearsome World Eaters sorcerers and over innumerable armies of heretical Sisters of Battle.

Keeper of the Scales: While young for a space marine, Sergeant-Librarian Custodis is already known across the segmentum for his sense of fairness and balance. His judgment and keen grasp of subtlety is respected by brother-captains and Imperial generals alike. Once per conversation, he may automatically choose to succeed on any persuasion check.

Cassidy

Arcane
MATT WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD!

Also I'm voting for a Salamander Death Watch Space Marine, if some other homie could do with the stats for one...

:kfc:

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
200 points- Captain Gabriel Angelos of 3rd Company, Master of The Watch -

WS-6 BS-5 S-4 T-4 W-3 I-5 A-3 Ld-10 Sv-+2/+3

Special Rules-
Independent Character, And They Shall Know No Fear, Combat Tactics or Chapter Tactics,
War Cry, Rites of Battle and My Foe Shall Fall!

Chapter Tactics- The Blood Ravens have been known to "adjust" their interpretation of the Codex Astartes based on the foe they face. All units may exchange Combat Tactics for Chapter Tactics, which allows all tactical squads under Gabriel Angelos command to gain one of the following USRs: Counter-Attack or Tank Hunter, his company veterans being highly adept at these. The rule must be chosen before deployment, and all tactical squads must gain the same rule. Veteran squads have trained too long in their discipline to gain the benefit of this "adjustment".

My Foe Shall Fall!- Gabriel Angelos is renowned for felling mighty Blood Thirsters and Hive Tyrants alike, any enemy will fall to his might. Before a game starts, Gabriel Angelos may nominate an enemy IC for My Foe Shall Fall!, he gains USR: preferred enemy and a +1 attack against that IC and only that IC, even if there are multiple of the same IC it is agasint that specific one.

War Cry- Gabriel Angelos has been known to inspire his Space Marines with his awe inspiring war cry, filling them with the holy protection of the Emepror. Before Gabriel charges an enemy, he must declare that he is using War Cry and roll for leadership test, if he passes, then this ability gives the unit Angelos is attached to a Invulnerable Save of +5 for the first assault round between Gabriel's unit and the unit he has charged. If the unit Gabriel is attached to kills or routs the enemy unit, they make there sweeping advance and consolidation and keep the ability until Gabriel's next assault phase in which the unit he is attached to return to there normal stats, if they are defeated, they lose the benefit that assault phase. Gabriel is not affected from this as he already has a +3 Invulnerable Save

Wargear-
God-Splitter- A two handed master-crafted Daemonhammer gifted to Gabriel by Inquistor Toth to slay the Daemon Prince Sindri on Tartarus, unfortunately opening the Maledictum releasing a far greater foe to face later in life. It Has been used by him ever since to smite his foes for the Emperor. Counts as a master-crafted Daemonhammer and also gives a +1 attack(this is included in Gabriel's stats). All hits by Godsplitter are resloved at strength 8

Gabriel's Judgment- A suit of masterly crafted artificer armor, forged for Gabriel after His leave of Tartarus, the forging process taking many centuries to complete the use of new techniques making sure the armor was almost impenetrable and a glorious sight to be hold for the 3rd Company Captain. It was given to him after his return from his purging of Rahe's Paradise of the Necron. Grants a +2 Armor Save

Cloak of The Blood Ravens- Gifted to Gabriel by there Chapter Master after the crushing defeat he delivered to the Tau in the Targa System. It bears not only the symbol of The Blood Ravens upon it, but the blood of ever Chapter Master and brother fell in battle since the dawn of the chapter, the saying is that the fallen brothers protect the wearer shielding him from almost certain death at the hands of the enemy.Grants a +3 Invulnerable Save

Frag & Krak Grenades

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/30/236238.page

Something like this?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
2. If we tell the Spehss Mehreen that the Codex can blow a grox we'll not make it 10 paces before we're ded.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom