Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Multiplay Alpha Centauri - Binary Dawn - Game 4

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
VAnHeqA.png

ZAKHAROV TAKES FULL PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR FAILURE!

Commander Zakharov has made a personal address amidst the ruins of our old headquarters and most recent display of Pravin Lal's unique brand of humanitarianism. "It is with the greatest revulsion and disgust that I am obliged to report on this case of barbaric terrorism – and even worse – intellectual dishonesty!" Zakharov exclaimed before explaining in minute detail how "Little Lal" has committed every single atrocity in the long list of war crimes his own "U.N." bureaucrats employed to justify their war against the University. "This mental manlet has nerve-stapled his people, genocided the Gaians and destroyed entire populated bases yet still clings to deluded notions of "ethics" and "moral superiority" – how are we different exactly? Is it because he does yoga?! Any rational man would see the tools of war for what they are, end the pretence and give up this ridiculous witch-hunt!"

After chiding the chief proponent of "UN-reason" Zakharov surprised the Faculty and staff by taking full responsibility for the disaster and announcing his imminent intent to resign. "The loss of some sixty thousand drones can be overlooked – why, I have terminated more in scorched earth tactics alone – but the destruction of critical data on my watch which represented the culmination of over twenty mission years' worth of psionic research... It is simply unacceptable!"

"Now, I have tried to negotiate with Lal, Santiago and even Yang, but it is clear they are all against me. Such is the nature of VENDETTA – petty grudges from petty dictators! To secure a future for the University of Planet I have ended the emergency measures, restored democratic governance and tendered my resignation to pilot a single rover to the enemy and trade my life for peace. However, a popular referendum among eligible voters on security matters indicated well over 99.9% – every single academician but myself, it turned out! – simply would not allow a man of such brilliant merit to step down. As I have no choice but respect the will of the cognitive elite I shall therefore continue to lead the University to unparalleled greatness as its democratically elected First Citizen!"

7Dz1AWN.png

CYBERCORPS REPULSE YET ANOTHER INVASION ATTEMPT!

USEC defence droids and assault-grade "Terminator" Cybercorps have once again crushed Santiago's terror troops in the field, expertly halting the Crazed Colonel's third consecutive invasion of Faculty holdings and second strike against Berzelius Terminal to date. Approximately sixty per cent of the invaders were terminated in brilliant displays of firepower whereas two divisions were captured and subjected to neurosurgical SlaveTronic chipping. Although inferior to USEC warriors the "persuaded" fighters should prove quite useful as enemy missile fodder. Given its reckless and ultimately futile nature the invasion might best be explained as part of some population-pruning death cult ritual among the religious Spartoids, though the greater method to the madness is likely rendering of token support for the "U.N." to prolong their war of aggression and stunt Lal's growth potential.

Chairman Yang's strategy to hide in his bunkers and expand his slave-based industry has already elevated his faction above all others on Chiron. That Santiago is beholden to Yang is evident as terrorist bases along the Hive border lack proper defences and heavy build-up continues in the Gaian aquatic orgy commune turned Spartoid forward fleet base. Lal on his end has placed his repulsive mega-bank far off the coast towards our own territory, evidently fearing a naval invasion from the west far more than any University assault from the east. The cracks are beginning to emerge and "Little Lal" may well come to regret his foolish arrogance in refusing Zakharov's friendship.

DGlWHBo.png

FIRST CITIZEN ANNOUNCES RE-POPULATION BOOM!

From the new, secure and vastly improved factional headquarters Based University our esteemed First Citizen Prokhor Zakharov has announced a new campaign of ambitious re-population through heavy focus on mass-manufactured serv-bots, rapidly drilled mega-boreholes and new strains of dutiful drones bred specifically to replace obsolete biological workers crippled by debilitating immunity to nerve-stapling.

"The popular stereotype of the researcher is that of a skeptic and a pessimist, but nothing could be further from the truth! Scientists must be optimists at heart, in order to block out the incessant chorus of those who say "It cannot be done." Our great and defiant revival against all odds is as bold as it is exhilarating; eight new bases in close proximity to Based University have been outfitted for rapid population growth! Lal thought he had me beaten but things are not that simple" the First Citizen remarked, concluding that "the new era of prosperity and progress has only just begun!"

Yep, sunk the cash and former power into rushing colony pods and then creches. Also killed my own bases with immunized drones to make room for new bases that can be freshly stapled. Now those little bro bases are growing and might help me stay in the game. Of course it remains to be seen if the PDI breakdown will occur while yours truly is still in play. At the moment it looks like Hellraiser is trying to catch up with Absinthe's bloated Hive and Gravy is preparing to boom past Hab Complex size.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Fight to Survive

FJvSO4z.png

DECISIVE VICTORY - ZAKHAROV UTTERLY EXTERMINATES LAL'S INVADERS!

The entire University Faculty raise their glasses of Victory Vodka in unison to First Citizen Zakharov for securing yet another brilliant triumph! A mere five mission years after the heroic halting of the Spartan invasion depraved dictator Pravin Lal launched his very own "Peacekeeping initiative" - an illegal assault which saw the destruction of mostly evacuated Gagarin Cosmodrome, its robotic Plasmacorps, some fifty thousand obsolete drones and a single scout patrol. Insignificant losses, though the true objective was anything but - Based University, home of the intellectual elite and the true heart and brains of our entire operation.

The northern diversionary invasion was easily halted by a single Spetsnaz team "persuading" the Ningishzida company and employing it to butcher its "U.N." comrades responsible for the Cosmodrome bloodbath. Meanwhile, the main bulk of Lal's terrorist expedition scouted in the previous mission year and by then well on its way through the fungal fields to our new Headquarters was ambushed from the top of majestic Mount Svedberg. Pestulator Artillery guided by science and making full use of the altitude advantage subjected four full divisions of Pele Peacekeepers to prolonged bio-toxic bombardment, softening the targets considerably before the ensuing USEC "Terminator" and xenofaunal assaults.

KFCdULf.png

In the aftermath six divisions of elite Pele Peacekeepers and two companies of elite rovers were utterly decimated accounting for well over forty per cent of the entire "U.N." missile infantry and sixty-six per cent of its known rover companies. Uplifting feeds of the moldering skeletons of the "U.N." crews eliminated by our weaponized xenofauna using their diseased subhumanoid brains as breeding grounds are now broadcast on all channels and every Childrens' Creche to bolster morale and demonstrate to the populace the grim but necessary fate that awaits every single enemy of science.

6XThgKW.png

In other news, a new ambitious Spetsnaz operation has yielded spectacular proverbial xeno-fruit; a surprise expedition from a makeshift base in the extreme south-eastern part of Cognito Continent successfully made landfall and bypassed the heavily fortified base Assassin's Redoubt, piloting north on the river to the Spartan research center Dadonna. After a brief engagement ending in the neutralization of the defending zealots University operatives successfully linked once again into the Spartan networks liberating the complete enemy files on Mechanical Resonance. Now as always, the University prevails!

Od1aK0P.png

3w00CoO.png

EdlfqDa.png

Thanks much for radar and AAA defenders. +M

Last edited:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Sing-Sing City, Morgan Industries Tourism Colony Office

'Well... I see you're ready with the presentation, Mr. Lah.'
'Yes, Mr Morgan. I think I'm quite proud of what me and my team has done liao. And we really hit the right tone with this one. The generation and the pulse, totally in sync.'
'Yes, well. Proceed.'

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Newsflash Theme

e5LqEoA.png

FIRST CITIZEN'S REPORT ON THE STATE OF THE FACULTY

Gentlemen, it is with great satisfaction I report a continued state of peace and progress in Faculty territory. As expected my Repopulation Boom has been a stunning success: in M.Y. 2215 all of our eight new campus bases will achieve peak robotic and dronoid capacity pending habitation complex expansion. Simultaneously, the combination of aggressive borehole power-drilling and condenser-based farming, or as I have termed it, "aggroculture", will sustain full-scale USEC cyborg production to combat the continued PDI aggression. While still behind the competition the University is rapidly regaining lost ground.

9KuKhrb.png

In military matters we have enjoyed a reprieve following my brilliant victories. Santiago, content for now with conducting small-scale xeno-faunal operations, has been dealt some minor blows, most notably perhaps the loss of a giant Mind Worm boil imprudently deployed on Cognito Continent. Forces massed in arrogantly rebuilt Fort Liberty have remained stationary but are expected to attempt further futile provocations.

3CWsImz.png

Planet's own little Secretary-Dictator sent a couple of additional divisions through the killing fields south of Mount Svedberg defeating some exposed units. In response, an attacking division was swiftly captured, "persuaded" and employed to hunt down and exterminate the last remaining warmongers on University soil. In M.Y. 2213 only a single recon company was detected in Hoadley Woods. Termed "Ra Rover Panopticon" the new radar rovers are now in USEC custody while captured crew are being augmented with superior cybernetics and rendered unquestionably loyal to the Faculty by neurosurgical Slave-Tronic chipping. I can but tip my proverbial fedora to the "U.N." for the express delivery.

Of course, while most University victories can accurately be attributed in varying degrees to my cognitive superiority, the foremost reason we are still alive and do so exceptionally well in face of this adversity is the paranoia, selfishness and petty scheming among our disingenuous opposition. If their coalition truly desired mankind united under Lal's regime that objective could have been accomplished with ease a good fifty mission years ago since even our mighty University could not have withstood the combined might of tripartite mobilization.

Rational individuals should disregard the empty PDI prattle and look at the hard facts. The Warmonger invasion failed so miserably precisely because they desperately try to defeat us while simultaneously matching Spartoid and Subhumanoid Hiveling growth. Not a winning technique as we are now stronger than ever whereas Yang's bloated empire, left since Planetfall to prosper unopposed and consume both commerce and PDI tech subsidies, now dominates field after field.

CHIjAwp.png

Ironically, the assassination of our scientists by Lal's murderous Old World Order administration has even left an opening for Yang to be the first to master the field of Psionics with all the unique advantages this entails. In essence, yet another disastrous side-effect of the short-sighted policy of Little Lal who instead of accepting my friendship and full cooperation in euthanizing the dangerous Hive has effectively force-fed it into becoming Chiron's undisputed superpower. In this context I have decided to suspend our Psionics program in favour of a new focus on Retroviral Engineering. The peak of this conflict is still ahead and we need all the weapons we can muster to win the ultimate war for survival.

Zakharov out.

Last edited:

Hellraiser

Arcane

Naosuke's Triumph

UNCN MARINES OPERATION JUBEI
UNCN PRESS ARCHIVES, DATED M.Y. 2218

1Fm0RsH.png

OPERATION JUBEI AND THE SAMURAI SPIRIT OF LEFTENANT-GENERAL NAOSUKE

Yesterday evening Peacekeeping Command has revealed that Operation Jubei has been a spectacular success, but while General Tikaram delivered the news in a very vague and brief manner, we knew the public wanted to know more so we used our sources to get to the full real story of the what and how.

We have learned that while monitoring enemy troop movements and logistical supply chains, military intelligence mapped out enemy road networks.

Using this information the staff under Leftenant-General Takenaka Naosuke devised Operation Jubei, a complex operation involving bold actions in the area of military engineering. Through this complex operation it would be possible to rapidly strike at a cluster of egghead cities, a blitz not unlike a samurai cutting up a piece of paper into tiny shreds with his katana, before the paper falls to the ground.

It was a plan well suited to the expert skills of the 7th Engineering, which helped work out the details and make it possible. Using reconnaissance data and intelligence obtained via classified means it was determined which path was most efficient to the construction of the shortest road leading right to Kopernigk Konservatory. After seizing the enemy city it was expected that 4 other enemy bases would be within striking range including Based University (formerly known as Otkrieta lab), Severnaya Surface, Tsiolkovsky Institute and Korolev Center.

Our sources tell us that because the bulk of the enemy forces was at Based University, the other bases were not very well defended or fortified with the exception of Kopernigk. The defenders even in the far bases were weak enough that augmented soldiers and cavalry could force march and storm the enemy positions successfully.

While in the end it was discovered in the late stages of the operation that Korolev Center was too far to undergo humanitarian demolition of the zakharov regime’s military infrastructure, before enemy reinforcement would reach the demolition crews. Still, with a result of 3 military installation demolished in a very short amount of time, this blow to the egghead war machine is expected to cripple it for the near future as supply shortages and clogged up manufacturing will result in the effective disbanding of multiple University units.

ZAKHAROV’S DISEASE NOT FULLY GONE YET SO SHAG SAFELY, SAYS HEAD OF U.N. C.H.O.

The Colonial Health Office, not to be confused with the Planetary Health Organization, has issued a public reminder to all citizens that the mortal STD is still a threat. The pathogen believed to have been created as part of the now abandoned University research into retroviral engineering, is far from extinct according to the C.H.O.

Sure, the Zakharov’s Disease outbreak of 2214 may be slowly fading out of public consciousness, but thousands of victims from U.N. P.E.B., U.N. I.C.J. and U.N. F.R.A. remain dead. Indeed as many civilians have died in the outbreak as from University atrocities in Atlantica, if not more!

Initially discovered in U.N. P.E.B. it quickly spread through the North Atlantican population that was participating in the government encouraged shagging-spree for reproductive purposes. It couldn’t have been a worse time, as the frequent and random coital activity resulted in a very high transmission ratio with lots of infections in a short amount of time. The Research Hospital at U.N. P.E.B. was still under construction a mere 2 years from completion, which was not enough to stop the epidemic.

While now the worst seems to have passed, it is believed some asymptomatic carriers might still exist within the drone population, their bollocks and cunts hosting the invisible threat waiting to strike and kill at a moment’s notes, after a night of pleasure with a complete stranger. And then when the epidemic re-ignites, according to what C.H.O. is telling us, the death toll could be downright apocalyptic.

The TURN is 118. Kalin has pursued his “raze base, rebuild, staple, boom” scheme to get around his drone issues for a while now and recently finished booming his bases to size 7.

Also he decided to do a bit of a gamble, he obtained static energy storage tech and which allowed him to research the tech granting the Virtual World. He stockpiled some money first, switched research from nerve gas tech to it, and then went into 0% econ, 80% labs, 20% psych money burning negative income territory. Quite sneaky that one with the money burning mad rush to the project tech, would take him another 12 turns though and at least after my TURN his stockpile was not so big, but maybe he is getting worm killing money. Also virtual world as university is ridiculously good.

Considering he already had centuries of sanctions and how long it would take to get the necessary drone control “the raze and boom” was a reasonable choice. It had flaws however; he had to switch to democracy lowering his support (he ran police state mostly previously, allowing him to support a ton of units, especially once he also switched to power) while simultaneously losing bases that could support units. So the result was he had to scrap units and had far less units, especially annoying defenders, and most of them were sent to his new HQ where all the projects are. The rest only enjoyed token if any defenders. In particular he had a cluster of new bases around Based University where I was observing units going in and out, sometimes fairly hard to kill, sometimes looking like easy targets.
APQ0Ais.png

Most of the time I was plotting how I can do something about that cyborg factory and the HQ, but then I realized I could drop an elite colony pod ashore, send in some elite terraformers to the new, build a road to Kopernigk and...

VcS5cWq.png

snk-jubei2.gif

...use the connection to University roads to kill Kopernigk and two other size 7 bases that just finished booming, all in one TURN (ITZ karma for XBRI which got killed in a similar way). 21 pop lost out of 70 total I think, plus facilities, all recently built, lots of minerals lost with that. University is now the smallest faction again.

Wanted to name a landmark where the cluster was for that trashtalking ego bonazs, but forgot to do it before I razed the bases and lost territory.

As a bonus, since Kalin went Demo-Green-Power, I managed to overload support in 1 base due to the reassigned units...

oircv2f.png

...6 units probably got scrapped here as a consequence on Kalin's TURN, also no command center built. Unless it eats into his command center production first before scrapping excess units, dunno honestly, should probably check in a test game. Hoping it will happen as it would be bonazs damage inflicted making this attack more profitable, had to use quite a few units for this and Kalin's APCs and elite Terminators are not for show.

There was also another base I saw where I think he had no minerals, but not sure if negative, forgot which.

For a long time during this TURN I thought I could also kill another base, Korolev, but I miscalculated and it was one tile further than I thought, no unit would have any moves left to raze it after I would take it. A pity, all it had was a single defensive probe which I could have killed and maybe should have killed anyway.

BTW 4 turns ago I lost 9 to 12 pop in 3 bases from the Prometheus Virus event, it struck the base that was almost finished with a research hospital, talk about timing. Probably more pop damage than suffered from egghead base razings this game. But of course losing a whole base with facilities etc. is worse, like the first U.N. R.P.O. and its creche.

Luckily I was booming, but the damage did kick me off from the top spot of most populous faction and I lost out on those minerals and energy the pops were working. Both Hive and Sparta are now bigger as they were also booming at the same time, with Sparta now at the top. We're roughly within 10 pop of each other, in the 110-130 rnage now.I think Sparta is now top in rank, Hive second. All in all we're quite close but I am definitely third.

Morgan has now more pop than eggheads IIRC, but probably less score due to less projects.

Oh and sunspots ended, Kalin tried to kick me off the governorship again and reinstate the charter again, failing both times.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
2SQ5O1Y.png

E1vo6WO.png

USEC Terminators deployed; every attacker and terraformer exterminated. I expected the strike but assumed it would be against Based University. Losing three support bases is a heavy blow but not the decisive victory the enemy wanted. Costly strike but "U.N." casualties are easily replaced and the Spartoid-Hiveling axis is too lethargic to take advantage. They even gifted heavily forested and Energy Grid-boosted "U.N." the technology to build tree farms which says it all really.

WGYOZGR.png

Meanwhile I was just getting ready to invade Fort Liberty 2.0 for much-needed Colonial Aviation tech. Spartoids built the first missile choppers on Chiron the previous year and with the Warmongers pursuing nerve gas as well I knew where things were going. My attack was of course anticipated but I could not see any other options.

kSWuvmo.png

This was the force in M.Y. 2218. I had brought enough former and firepower to wipe out all the defenders in one strike.

The invasion... Complicated matters.

LWzDOkU.png

As predicted above I ended up losing several units due to lack of support. Elite Terminators and one Pestulator Artillery were suddenly missing - extremely bad news. Launching an attack at this stage would be sub-optimal. Basically this:

CfPFBin.png

Gave it my best! Raising the mountain would normally cost close to a thousand credits, but again, cost scales based on base proximity and my colony pod survived to be deployed in the bunker. With the Weather Paradigm eight terraformers are enough to raise land in a single year.

TMjOMxG.png

ITZ! Artillery bombardment first, I lost one duel despite the altitude advantage, destroyed two defending batteries. Despite not having enough Terminators on hand there were a couple of mind worm boils I had brought along for protection. I decided to send them in an APC right up to the base.

zSTi2yC.png

As the Spartoids had switched from green to planned economy in order to boom the mind worms were more effective than usual. The attacks were close but the worms prevailed and took out the strongest defenders.

ZjjEHTN.png

Threw everything at the base and every single defender was wiped out along with the five probes.

Das rite! My two Spetsnaz were deployed...

3bBx2TS.png

exsIUtB.png

mmlpINV.png

QONVIyz.gif

Pleasurable Probes Volume III - The Neverending Story!

And of course...

wqk4b9K.png

I named the site "Ruins of Arrogance" which felt very much appropriate given the location and faction involved. With Aerospace Complexes and elite AAA garrisons I can now defend reasonably well against the imminent nerve gas choppers. Still no PSI armour of course which would have given me complete immunity but I reckon I have secured a fighting chance. Most enjoyable turn so far.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
naYx8F2.png

Surprisingly calm turn after the bloodbath, gotta love those stats but of course I'm gutted pretty badly. Oh yeah, I didn't have time to write proper LARP post but the shock troops employed were mainly captured PDI units including the Spartoids from Berzelius Terminal whom I pompously wrote about employing as missile fodder. There is a very special pleasure derived from suiciding enslaved units against their former brethren like an evil technomancer. :lol:

I think we need to add Gravy getting his tech stolen in a sneaky way to the PBEM drinking game.

Yes! I was of course drinking throughout the turn to celebrate the lucky rolls. Everything just worked out which is unusual to say the least. Also to Gravy's credit he did everything right in anticipating an attack like the previous junk base and transport rushes, it's just that the preparations ended up helping me since several units had been positioned outside the base to block the tiles on the island.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Flight into Space

qpKZM1u.png

UNIVERSITY RECONQUERS SPACE FOR SCIENCE!

Even amidst total genocidal warfare waged against us by the degenerate forces of UN-reason our enlightened scientists have once again managed to leap ahead, above and beyond! With the successful launch of University Space Force Orbital Defense Pod Tsiolkovsky-1 from the Cosmodrome in Based University, the long-held dream of returning to space has been brilliantly achieved under the firm and steady leadership of First Citizen Zakharov. Armed with advanced anti-missile weaponry the self-sustaining battle station is capable of defending both itself and our territory from long-range attacks. In addition, and of greater immediate importance, it has provided our dedicated Space Force with the means to successfully map in minute detail every portion of Chiron. For educational purposes complete maps of factional territories have been uploaded to every network node.

Although the teeming masses of sub-humanoids may seem discouraging - the Hivelings alone outnumber us by a ratio of two point eight to one - First Citizen Zakharov remains optimistic. Six new campus bases have already been established as part of the Central Planning Commission's Re-Re-Population Boom Initiative (REEEPOP) with an additional sexpartite deployment being scheduled to coincide with the imminent cultivation of the now fully enclosed Landing Bay, aptly renamed ENERGI Aquapark and designated for large-scale marine-bot harvesting. "Support bases can always be rebuilt, serv-bots replaced and bio-workers rebred", the First Citizen stated rationally, concluding that "only Based University, home of the most brilliant minds of mankind such as my own, is truly irreplaceable - as long as it stands we will prevail!"

Updated Datalinks on factional standings and territories are as follows:

p9dA3gn.png

BJfelMx.png

aeVHAso.png

Kk9DDrD.png

FqNaQzD.png

Pjy0wZ0.png

h8vxJte.png

ePxBowp.png

DzFdP0x.png

iG7mWSg.png

KReQxfq.png

CFrP4xb.png

WmxSbFe.png

aEax0iD.png

304lxSD.png

Last edited:

Hellraiser

Arcane
lh9A9eg.png

You shopped that in as a psyop?

I know you just switched the point of view to me or gravy who you infiltrated to show his research, obviously. Even says as much in the top of the window.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
Human-Hive-News-Bulletin.png

NEWSFLASH - ALL HAIL GLORIOUS LEADER CHAIRMAN YANG! HIVE UTOPIA HAS BECOME EVEN BETTER! Where other factions have resorted to disturbing amounts of nerve stapling merely to keep their faction orderly and functional, the Human Hive not only has had no such issues but Chairman Yang in his great wisdom and benevolence has now generously allocated funding towards the increased prosperity of the Hive population. Not only is the entire Hive drone free, but we have more talents than ever before! Celebrations are running wild throughout our great faction and Hive human potential has reached extraordinary highs, with golden ages occurring all over! In the words of one University expatriate: "OH GOD ITZ HEAVAN! The cities are clean, the people are taken care of, the rations are excellent, and the women! Oh god, the women here fuck like rabbits! Please don't send me back! All hail glorious leader Chairman Yang!" And indeed, it has been noted that the Human Hive has achieved a prodigious uptick in population over the years as the festivities began. Chairman Yang remarks that the new Hive citizens will no doubt become pillars of Hive society, pushing our great faction to ever greater heights. And international ranking studies agree, the Hive is simply #1.

A NEW SECRET PROJECT COMPLETE! HIVE PROUD TO ANNOUNCE COMPLETION OF THE EMPATH GUILD! "We at the Hive have always been at the forefront of pushing human potential to ever greater heights. The Empath Guild demonstrates a new breakthrough in unlocking human potential, as well as Hive understanding of human society and the ways of our allies and foes everywhere!" says Chairman Yang. "I look forward to improving our work on international relations with this latest breakthrough." Chairman Yang thanked U.N. Commissioner Lal for his brave and excellent work in preventing knowledge of Psionics from falling into University hands. "In truth, were it not for the brave assistance of U.N. special forces, the University would have developed the Empath Guild in our place many years ago. Let this be a lesson to all of us, of the importance of international relations, as well as that of watchfulness and seizing opportunities where we can. Our gratitude goes to Commissioner Pravin Lal."

GAIAN TURNCOATS EXTERMINATED BY THE PLANETARY DEFENSE INITIATIVE - YANG HAS BROKEN HIS SILENCE AND COMMENTED THUS: "Ultimately, the Gaians learned the same hard lesson as the Believers before them, that Planet is no fit place for troublemakers stirring up dissent." With Gaian obstructionism cleared, the U.N. planetary council has proven productive in its handling of necessary measures to curb the University threat.

HIVE INVESTMENTS IN ENVIRONMENTAL INITIATIVES BEAR FRUIT! A program of developing tree farms throughout the Hive has promoted extraordinary growth, happiness, wealth, and ecological harmony. Even with prodigious usage of boreholes, echelon mirrors, and thermal condensers developed from our fine Hive terraforming initiative, Hive ecological damage has been demonstrated to remain remarkably low and stable throughout. Hive economists report an excellent uptick in national income as well and praise the foresight of our brilliant leader.

PLANETARY DEFENSE INITIATIVE APPROACHING CULMINATION! With U.N. being due to complete the development of Nerve Gas Pods in a few more years, it will soon be time for University to face the full wrath of Chiron's factions. The Planetary Defense Initiative has now begun mobilizing for a final push to put an end to the University menace once and for all, with all manner of military forces being readied and outfitted to better defend their factions on University soil. University citizens reported to be drinking vodka in record quantities.

With the Empath Guild in my hands, Hive stands as the sole remaining faction not to have been infiltrated by the University, but Kalin's recent satellite launch has given him a bird's eye view of the state of my bases anyway, which he then proceeded to share with everyone. That doesn't matter quite as much as he may hope since given the nature of pacts both my allies already know what my bases are up to anyhow. The current situation is that Kalin is more or less screwed so he's determined to provoke in-fighting in the PDI in order to salvage himself a fighting chance. His probe actions have done a lot to keep him in the game so far, but U.N. assassinating University researchers knocked him down when he needed it. I'm pretty sure I put the idea for that in Hellraiser's head since I had by that point inquired a few times of the rest of the PDI if there was any way to assassinate University researchers to prevent him from teching Psionics, since I really did not want him to have infiltration status on me. I wanted to do it myself but I didn't have any probes to put into position fast enough at the time, then Kalin performs the ill-advised HQ switch and Hellraiser naturally spots the opportunity and scores an amazing goal. Without Psionics, Kalin loses out on non-lethal methods, psi defenses (which prevent nerve gas pods from working), and infiltration status of my bases. It also stops him from collecting the next tech and developing Punishment Spheres, which might as well be permanent nerve stapling.

And so, Kalin is still dealing with crazy drone issues as University and the only player on Transcend difficulty (I offered a redo earlier and he declined), which is why he had to destroy bases and make new ones, just to get around nerve stapling immunity. Pretty much the entire PDI has pop boomed by now as well and the results are only pushing him deeper into a corner. Once we tech Nerve Gas Pods, that will give us a significant edge against his base defenses and let us put an end to things. Meanwhile Morgan (agentorange) is just chilling and might as well be an island unto himself.

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
Kalin is more or less screwed cause if he just blows up all his bases like Merc and self-eject, it's gonna be anti-climactic.
But if he stays on it's either a quick loss or a prolonged gang bang depending on his effort on Transcend difficulty while everyone enjoys a free ride to 3 pop with no drones. :lol:

For those who are a bit confused, this is what being a heroine in hentai is like.
It's not gonna work out to a happy ending.

RK47

Patron
Ah well, this is probably the most lopsided game anyway in terms of pacts and alliances. :lol:
Just amazing this Swedish Liquid Gender Professor lasted this long.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Oriental Warfare

“They thought those bunkers were safe!” Brighton couldn’t contain his laughter.

Lal was filled with disgust at the thought that someone enjoyed seeing so many lives lost, even if they were the enemy. Nevertheless this minor although still relevant victory was worth celebration.

The enemy has erected a number of bunkers around what they now immaturely called Based University, as part of a scheme to stop any Peacekeeping advance on Based University dead in its tracks. Unfortunately for Zakharov and his commanders they all underestimated the unconventional genius of Leftenant-General Naosuke. Back in the years just before the raid on the original University capital, Naosuke has raised himself in the ranks through his contribution known as Operation Thunderbottle.

The idea, highly classified as soon as Tikaram heard about it, was to use powercells and pele missile warheads to build bombs in the field. Not just any bombs, large seismic charges that would turn any field fort into a deathtrap. It was exactly what Tikaram needed back when the threat of the so-called landbridge was high. The landbridge with its chain of forts along roads, and armed to the teeth defenders never materialized. But it was thought that one day bunkers might be a problem once again, so it waited for a better day, which has finally came.

A Sparrow drone squadron out on patrol has spotted the enemy terraformers and escorts out in the field, hiding in their bunkers, eager to slow down any attack on their new capital. While the obliteration of this force was deemed a priority, a conventional attack would tie up too many forces which would surely perish. The economics of it pointed to the Thunderbottle plan as risky, but more economic. There was some deliberation whether it would not be better to lure the enemy into a bigger trap, but the opportunity might not appear every again. Lal approved it, seeing that survivor rates were expected to be higher despite leaving entire units without their main weapons or vehicles. Thunderbottle was a go.

“Three entrenched positions, 8 combat engineer units, multiple top of the line anti-air artillery units, missile artillery, APCs,” Avaserala listed the enemy losses. ”I would have preferred seeing some other targets gone off the board, but I guess this is the best we can get currently without resorting to sucking Belzebub’s dick.”

“This contributes to our desired strategic situation,” General Tikaram said in a bureaucratic tone. He seemed bored, or just indifferent. “I understand the Morpheus Initiative is ready to contribute as well, Vihn?”

“Animal trials confirm effectiveness. The trials on prisoners confirm effectiveness on humans,” Vihn clarified. “Full penetration of high-grade military seals, temporary coma-like state at least 24 hours long. They will sleep like babies.”

“As long as it is not the gas that kills them,” Lal told them in a defeated tone. He knew his forces need to bring the peace that was promised, questionable non-lethal chemical weapons included if there was no other choice. The war lasted for 81 years already. If it wasn’t for Gaian treachery it could have ended decades ago, a fact that Lal reminds Deidre every time he walks to her prison cell.

“Esteemed UN Cabinet, shall we make a break and discuss Donnelly?” General Tikaram asked them.

“Yes,” Lal replied, “let’s do exactly that.”

The TURN is 127. Having built Planet’s largest air force and overall securing the position of top military power, I started looking at what exactly the eggheads are doing. Found the below:

r7a2Kbm.png

To which my reaction was as follows:

7cb.gif

But first, some background. Mount Svedberg recently got more fat due to University Cheetos or something else the terraformers fed it, thus killing the river which ran up from almost Based Uni to the shoreline. Seems the terraformers were afterwards split and multiple bunkers erected and stacked with defenders. I guess the idea was to slow me down if I land troops and march east again like during Operation Jubei. After all, killing units in a bunker is a major slog, due to bunkers preventing collateral damage from direct combat meaning you need to have large numbers of attacker. Lots of ways to troll invaders and slow them down with bunkers.

There was just one problem with it, something truly devious I realized a few weeks back when I was thinking how not to get fucked with the fort-road creep combat terraforming devilry Kalin used to kill my Morganites last game. So once, while pondering that very problem, on a whim I fired up my test game against AI after I remembered something from last game, and checked what happens if I do the following next to a doomstacked enemy bunker:

PkBvpvC.png

So without further ado, the practical application I learned from that test:

eW6YGPL.png

u4gnbfM.png

After that last goy in the middle went palestinian on that there sensor, all nearby enemies were dead except for that single scout and worm in the lower-left side. Worth the units blown up and lost on my side.

My MIND was fucking BLOWN when I did my original test in a test game all those weeks ago, not only is this the only way of inflicting collateral damage to units in bunkers apart from artillery, unlike artillery it always deals damage to every unit in the stack. Even better, unlike artillery the defence stat doesn’t help at all, armour and modifiers to it are useless. The damage is flat, 100% guaranteed and not possible to mitigate. And finally, unlike artillery bombardment, it can kill units, whole stacks of units, on multiple tiles around it at that if they are placed as unfortunately as Kalin’s were. This is a fucking PBEM GAMECHANGER, biggest since the APC and the AAA Psi defence trooper. Well I guess Merc also knew about it since he did kamikaze into some of my units with copters last game, which was where I got the idea to test it from, but that didn't do much just damage and slow down some formers, as he didn't kamikaze enough of them.

Naturally after that discovery I did further research to fully understand when and how it is best to go BANZAI on enemy stacks. Obviously the larger the bunkered-up stack the more economical sandpeople kamikaze strikes become, as the damage is dealt to all units, in a radius.

Of course Firaxis was smart enough to make units in bases immune to this, otherwise I would have kamikaze-nuked a certain base TURNS ago.

In other news:

Globalwarmthinkery triggered and threatens to sink two of my bases, ITZ karma for polluting as fuck before I built tree farms. I think RNG hates me as I really had to go out of my way in a test game to get global warming to trigger, but this game I just had 4 or 5 fungal pops at best.

Final-tally-3.png

Kalin’s devious plot to kick me out of governorship now that Hive has bonus votes and obvious pop lead failed due to a combination of Spartan support and Morganic neutrality. Hive voted last so their vote didn’t matter as the math was already clear.

And I finished researching Nerve Gas, after being delayed by at least 5 TURNS because this happened...

QIVDBXd.png

...wiping out my half-way done research (about 10 turns of research under planned econ, during pop booming plus a turn or two already under free market) as it picked some smaller base where a node was not worth building yet. Ugh, the RNG hates me this game, between this, the starting location, junior as a neighbor, global warming and Prometheus virus.

oEPR6j0.png

Overall I am third in score, but first in military might at the moment.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom