Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Lets Play Alter Ego: a game based on what I suck at most.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I want more LP's here of games like these - i think they need to be introduced to storyfags here.
I once tried to LP fabled lands, but i'm even worse than Stereotypical Villain.
Fabled Lands, the "choice of..." games, some of lone wolf, would be good.

Next, she'll be telling us we no longer need Wasteland and she'll get us Fallout 3, claiming it to be just as good. No. Just no.

Gentleness has become our dump-stat

:lol:

-MAKE NOISES AT/TALK TO THE FURRY MAN

"You yell out to the furry man, and he walks over to you. He makes a noise that sounds like this: "Roooouf." Then he sits on your leg.​

Werewolves are immune to FUS ROH DAH.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
i love this game.

01.jpg

02.jpg

schluberlubs

Educated
Ch. 3: Gettin' Diplomatic

"Welcome back."​

[Family]

"It's Saturday morning, and Mom asks you to help with some chores. The Suzy Fantastik Cartoon Hour has just begun.​

Select a mood :​
-CRANKY​
-HELPFUL​
-PASSIVE​

Select an action :​
-TELL MOM YOU WANT TO WATCH CARTOONS​
-LISTEN TO MOM​
-IGNORE HER"​

God dammit Ma', I can't miss out on this episode! I've got to see what happens to that bloke who's pants she filled with plastique explosives last week.

-CRANKY
-TELL MOM YOU WANT TO WATCH CARTOONS

"You say, "Maaaaaaahm... SOOOOOO-ZEEE ith on the TEE-VEE now!" Mom says, "Come on, Sweetie. Help me in the kitchen a little." You say:​

-"MAAAAAAHM..."​
-NOTHING"​

-"MAAAAAAHM..."

"Mom sees your stubborness and stops asking you. All she wanted was a little company. You acted very selfishly. She's in the kitchen now.​

-KEEP WATCHING TV​
-GO FIND HER AND HELP"​

*Sigh* Fine, lets go help her, we could probably get this episode on pirate VHS.

-GO FIND HER AND HELP

"What a good girl! Mom makes you feel very important. As a reward, Mom takes out some special make-up and some old clothes.​

You put on some real make-up and some of Grandma's old clothes. Mom takes your picture and tells you that you look like a MOVIE STAR!"​

She rewards us with some LARPing? This women is clearly not on our wavelength.

Next>>

[Social]

"You are in a sandbox playing with your favorite toy. An older girl pulls it away from you and screams, "MINE!"​

-ANGRY​
-ANXIOUS​

-GRAB IT BACK​
-GET AN ADULT​
-CRY"​

Diplomatic option.

-ANGRY
-GET AN ADULT

"You are able to get your toy back. The girl gets a spanking from her mother. "​

Untermensch should have known better than to mess with a thinking animal.

Next>>

[Emotional]

"Time to feed the fish. You pinch a small amount of fish food between your fingers and tap on the glass. There is no sign of Gabriella.​

-CONFUSED​
-UNAFFECTED​

-CALL FOR MOM​
-LOOK FOR GABRIELLA​
-DO NOTHING"​

-CONFUSED
-LOOK FOR GABRIELLA

"You put your hand in the fish bowl and look for Gabriella. She is stuck under a rock. She is stiff and her eyes are puffed out. You think that she might be sick.​

-CALL FOR MOM​
-TAKE GABBY OUT"​

The fish has croaked. Lets speak to the old woman about this.

-CALL FOR MOM

"Gabby floats up to the surface from under a big, gray rock. Her eye seems very puffy, and her body is stiff. You are relieved to see she hasn't jumped out of the bowl.​

-START TO LEAVE THE ROOM​
-ASK MOM ABOUT GABBY"​

-ASK MOM ABOUT GABBY

"Mom stutters through the answers to your questions. She is uncomfortable and sad. Mom explains that Gabby can't swim anymore. Mom says she's dead, that she's gone away. (How can that be, she's right THERE.) "What is 'dead?'", you wonder. You are confused. Mom says that Gabby has to be taken out of the bowl.​

-FLUSH GABBY DOWN THE TOILET​
-KEEP HER IN A BOX IN YOUR DRAWER"​

I'll pick the less psychotic of the two.

-FLUSH GABBY DOWN THE TOILET

"Even though Mom has on a sad face, you giggle at the thought of Gabby swimming in the bowl. You wonder if she will tickle you the next time you go to the bathroom. (Hee!) It isn't a real laugh, but you don't know what else to do. "​

Under age girl thinks about getting "tickled" by an undead fish while she does her business on the jon?

It'd take someone with more balls than me to make a joke about that.

Next>>

[Intellectual]​

You are in the back seat of the car during a VERY long ride.​

-TIRED​
-ACTIVE​

-ASK QUESTIONS​
-PLAY GAMES"​

Meh, we'll just do what I'd do.

-ACTIVE
-PLAY GAMES

"Your mom has taken along some picture books and coloring books for you to play with. What would you like to do:​

-COLOR​
-PLAY GAMES WITH MOM"​

Hmm, colouring books are a bit popamole. But we've go nothing better to do.

-COLOR

"Coloring is a solitary activity. You take the book and color a picture of Suzy Fantastik. You have missed an opportunity to have a positive social interaction with your mom. "​

Thought that picking the other action would have annoyed mum. Eh, figures that we're on our way to dying alone. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Next>>

"You have just passed through INFANCY. A brief look at your life up to this time shows the following:​

Your family life has been:​
Positive and nurturing, and as a result, you have begun to form the critical bonds that are important during this phase of life.​

Physically you have been:​
A healthy baby.​

Socially, during this phase in life nothing much is really expected of you. After all, you're still much too young to throw a successful cocktail party, and frankly, anyone who still dribbles on herself probably wouldn't make the ideal dinner guest. However, by now there are some things you should have mastered. Your progress in this area shows:​

You have been the type of child who charms the lollipops off people. You have been the type of child who is huggable and gets her cheeks pinched by old ladies with bright red lipstick.​

Now, regarding your emotional and personality development...​

What a trustworthy little lady you are turning out to be! On the one hand, your trustworthiness is a desired trait. On the other, I am curious about why you don't explore your environment a bit more and get into things a bit.​

For instance, haven't you ever wondered what that zipper on the side of your mother's pillow is for? Well, then, UNZIP it!​

Your Thoughtfulness characteristic really doesn't count for much in this phase of life. Most children often find themselves at the mercy of their whims and impulses. You are allowed to be cranky now. People will tolerate it much better than when you are a teen-ager. Then your whining and carrying on will seem more objectionable.​

One thing about your character that has a tendency to put people off is your aggressiveness. You are the type of baby who likes to pull on loose pieces of clothing, hair and any bulbous fleshy object that comes within your reach. You are going to have to learn the meaning of "make nice."​

That wraps up your status for the very first years of life. I hope you like yourself. If not, you can always try to improve in the years to come. There's plenty of time."​

The kinda' baby who grabs for bulbous fleshy bits? I wasn't banking on making a sex offender.

Next>>

"WELCOME TO CHILDHOOD​

Come, let's to bed,​
Says Sleepyhead;​
Tarry awhile, says Slow;​
Put on the pot,​
Says Greedy-gut,​
We'll sup before we go.​

Nursery rhyme (Anonymous)"​

After doing a certain number of situations, we automatically move on to the next epoch of our life. A bit of a shame, I was hoping the online version of Alter Ego would let me do all the situations. After all, it doesn't seem to display our age anywhere.

So what I'll do is skip some of the side situations and crooked bee-line for the potentially more lulzy stuff towards the end.

Next>>

Starting a new epoch gives us another tree of stuff to do. Still no extra side-options yet.

I'd have posted a screenshot but I forgot to take one because I have a really bad attenti-

[Emotional]

"Mom has just taken a job that requires her to be away in the morning and early afternoon. She decides to enroll you in a nursery school program. When you get there, you are greeted by a lady with very skinny legs and large, round glasses.​

There are children playing with buckets of sand, building blocks and toys. There is a small girl sitting in a corner with tears streaming from her eyes. She has a runny nose, and red cheeks from crying.​

-EXCITED​
-SAD​
-ANGRY​

-CRY​
-WALK OVER AND TRY TO MAKE FRIENDS​
-GIVE THE LADY WITH THE SKINNY LEGS A KICK"​

-ANGRY
-WALK OVER AND TRY TO MAKE FRIENDS

"You have chosen an inappropriate response. (Or, at least, we hadn't thought of it. Please make a different selection.)"​

Blast, well:

-EXCITED
-WALK OVER AND TRY TO MAKE FRIENDS

"Your excitement is a positive sign. You are trying to adapt to a new environment. You realize that your mom will be coming back, so you attempt to make friends. In the sandbox you see a little boy your age playing with a bucket and a red shovel. What would you like to say to him?​

-"HI!"​
-"CAN I PLAY?""​

-"HI!"

"The little boy ignores you. You are a newcomer to the social order of the nursery school. You are invading his territory. Your attempts at being sociable show potential, however. At very young ages, children are more likely to play BESIDE one another than WITH one another. "​

It's just like playing online games!

Next>>

[Emotional]

"Your mother is in the bathtub taking a nice relaxing bath. You are playing quietly in your room. All of a sudden the doorbell rings. Mom doesn't seem to hear it.​

-ALL GROWN-UP​
-RESENTFUL​
-NONCHALANT​

-ANSWER THE DOOR​
-IGNORE THE DOORBELL​
-TELL MOM"​

-ALL GROWN-UP
-ANSWER THE DOOR

"You approach the door and say, "Who is it?" in your most grown-up voice. It is a salesman asking where your mommy is.​

-POINT TO THE BATHROOM DOOR​
-SAY, "SHE'S NAKED IN THE BATHTUB NOW."​
-SAY, "JUST FOLLOW ME.""​

Just take the straight-forward approach.

-SAY, "SHE'S NAKED IN THE BATHTUB NOW."

"The salesman's face turns very red. He thanks you and walks quickly out the door. You are developing a knack for bluntness. "​

No idea why the guy's acting like he just read a full-on highly-detailed smutty fan-fic. Glad to hear about the bluntness.

Next>>

[Emotional]

"Your mother has just reminded you that it is time to practice your piano lessons.​

-HAPPY​
-SAD​
-MAD​

-COMPLAIN​
-DO THE LESSONS"​

-MAD
-DO THE LESSONS

"Begrudgingly, you sit down at the piano and pluck your way through the scales. Every key is torture. "Is that clock broken or something?" you say to yourself. Every time you look at it, the time never seems to change.​

-TELL YOUR MOTHER YOU WANT TO QUIT​
-KEEP PRACTICING"​

-KEEP PRACTICING

"You practice some scales and then get down to serious business. You have a recital next week, you know. How do you think you will do?​

-WELL​
-NOT WELL"​

Probably do a bit crap, to be honest.

-NOT WELL

"You are not very confident, are you? On the night of the recital, everyone says you did a wonderful job. Do you believe them?​

-YES​
-NO"​

They'd have said the said had we played well even if we hit the keys with our forehead.

-NO

"You are become a depressed child who lacks self-confidence. Give yourself some credit. Perhaps you feel that it is easier to get attention by being so hard on yourself. This can work fine, but eventually it will begin to bother people and they will ignore you. "​

I hope you're not accusing us of being emo, dude.

Next>>

[Family]

"Soon after you sit down for dinner, your mother announces that the vegetable of the day is BRUSSELS SPROUTS.​

-OBEDIENT​
-PANIC​
-DISGUST​

-EAT THE BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITHOUT PROTEST​
-RUN SCREAMING FROM THE TABLE​
-PUT YOUR FINGER IN YOUR MOUTH AND MAKE A GAGGING SOUND​
-FEED THE SPROUTS TO YOUR DOG, GOODO"​

Kind of indifferent about brussels sprouts.

-OBEDIENT
-EAT THE BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITHOUT PROTEST

"What kind of child is THAT obedient? Have you ever heard the expression, "Develop a taste for something?" That's a nice way of saying that you were forced to eat it as a child. Brussels sprouts may be good for you, but they are also the kind of food that make you have bad dreams. You could have gotten away with not eating them. "​

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Next>>

[Family]

"An exciting movie is on television. The whole family is in the living room watching it. You get up to get a drink of water and return to find Mommy sitting in your spot next to Daddy!​

-DEFEATED​
-DEVIOUS​

-SIT DOWN QUIETLY IN A CORNER​
-TELL MOM THE DOORBELL IS RINGING​
-TELL DAD THE DOORBELL IS RINGING"​

That mans heart is a finite resource, and we ain't banking on sharing.

-DEVIOUS
-TELL MOM THE DOORBELL IS RINGING

"She falls for it! She rushes to the door, and you jump up with Dad again. When she realizes what you have done, she squeezes in with the two of you. Everyone seems a bit happier now. "​

Next>>

[Family]

"Your mom has promised that she will fix your doll's torn arm. She is talking on the phone (so she's not really doing anything). Now seems like a good time to remind her.​

-ANNOYING​
-PATIENT AND SWEET​

-TAP MOM ON THE LEG​
-MAKE THE TV LOUD TO ATTRACT HER ATTENTION​
-LEAVE MOM ALONE"​

Might as well wait 'til she finishes her phone call.

-PATIENT AND SWEET
-LEAVE MOM ALONE

"Your patience pays off. When Mom finishes, you ask if she will fix your doll.​

She fixes your doll, then Dad takes you out for a king-sized ice cream cone. You have good parents!"​

Kick ass! Delaying gratification can sometimes work out for the best.

Next>>

[Social]

"At school, all of your friends are talking about a television program that you could not stay up to watch. A friend asks if you saw it.​

-EMBARRASSED​
-UNASHAMED​

-SAY, "I DIDN'T WATCH THAT SHOW."​
-SAY, "I WASN'T ALLOWED TO SEE IT."​
-SAY, "YEAH, I WATCHED IT. IT WAS REALLY GREAT.""​

Never having watched it shouldn't bar us from calling it shit.

-UNASHAMED
-SAY, "I WASN'T ALLOWED TO SEE IT."

"Your confidence keeps them from making fun of you. Someone even offers to let you sleep over at her house the next time it is on. Sometimes friends can be really great. "​

Next>>

[Social]

"Your best friend challenges you to a dress-up competition.​

-COMPETITIVE​
-RELUCTANT​

-TURN DOWN THE OFFER AND SUGGEST A DIFFERENT GAME​
-ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE"​

As a certain white unicorn once said:

ShbF7.png

IT. IS. ON!

-COMPETITIVE
-ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE

"After several minutes of posing and make-believe dress-up, your friend points to your mom's closet and challenges you to some "real" dressing up.​

-ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE​
-TELL HER TO DO IT FIRST​
-TURN HER DOWN"​

Wait, if you think it's such a good idea, then why don't we do it with your mothers stuff instead?

Also, her clothes wouldn't fit us properly. We'd just look retarded.

-TURN HER DOWN

"She eggs you on, saying, "You could NEVER look as grown up as ME." You can:​

-DRESS UP​
-QUIT"​

-QUIT

"Your friend calls you a chicken. "​

3/10

Next>>

Gonna' call the chapter quits here, but just before I leave lets scope out our stats

"ALTER EGO​
LIFE STATUS​

Relationship status: UNATTACHED​

Familial: 93​
Intellectual: 100​
Physical: 100​
Social: 89​
Vocational: 53​

Calmness: 33​
Confidence: 92​
Expressiveness: 75​
Gentleness: 1​
Happiness: 85​
Thoughtfulness: 59​
Trustworthiness: 83​

Money: 861​
Income per turn: 0​
Thoughtless spending per turn: 0​

Acquisitions: (NONE)"​

Maintaining the incline.

---

This chapter was brought to you by:

tZdSN.jpg

A potato shaped like an ass. My sisters boyfriend turned it into roast potatoes and they were pretty tasty. Go figure.

One thing about your character that has a tendency to put people off is your aggressiveness. You are the type of baby who likes to pull on loose pieces of clothing, hair and any bulbous fleshy object that comes within your reach. You are going to have to learn the meaning of "make nice."

Weird, we've taken the diplomatic route with that older girl that stole our doll.

schluberlubs

Educated
Ch. 4: Trivia Bullshit

[Family]

"There is one more ice pop in the freezer that is being saved for another family member. Your mouth waters at the thought of this cool tasty treat.​

-HUNGRY​
-ABLE TO RESIST​

-EAT THE WHOLE POP​
-TAKE A BITE OUT OF THE POP​
-LEAVE IT ALONE"​

We maybe pirates, but we ain't thieves.

-ABLE TO RESIST
-LEAVE IT ALONE

"You don't expect to be rewarded for this act of simple consideration, do you? The knowledge that you have respected the privacy of others should be enough. Does this make you angry?​

-YES​
-NO"​

Actually, we probably get rewarded stat wise.

-NO

"Fine, then let's continue. "​

Next>>

[Family]

"Your friends are all waiting for you to come out after school. You have a ton of homework, and you've been watching television since you came home. On your way out, your mother asks, "Did you do all your homework?"​

-HONEST​
-DISHONEST​
-SEMI-HONEST​

-SAY, "YES."​
-SAY, "NO."​
-SAY, "I'VE ONLY GOT A LITTLE LEFT.""​

-HONEST
-SAY, "NO.

"Your mother replies, "You are not going out unless you do your homework." You can:​

-STAY IN 15 MINUTES AND FAKE THE HOMEWORK​
-STAY IN AND DO THE HOMEWORK"​

Neglecting ones Brian is never a smart idea.

-STAY IN AND DO THE HOMEWORK

"Familial and Emotional characteristics increase because you are honest. Socially, your score drops slightly because you lose the play experience with friends. "​

Next>>

[Intellectual]

"You are in the candy store buying candy with a $5.00 bill given to you by your mother. Your bill comes to 50 cents. The man gives you back change but no dollars.​

-ANGRY​
-CONFUSED​
-CONTENT​

-LEAVE THE STORE​
-QUESTION THE MAN"​

Finally, an opportunity for some righteous indignation and diplomacy.

-ANGRY
-QUESTION THE MAN

"The man made an honest mistake (he says). He gives you your money and tells you to be more respectful to adults. "​

Maybe he'd get more respect if he weren't so incompetent.

Next>>

[Physical]

"You need eyeglasses. The first day you wear them in school, everyone calls you "four eyes." Your parents refuse to get you contact lenses.​

-HURT​
-SELF-CONSCIOUS​

-REFUSE TO WEAR THE GLASSES​
-WEAR THE GLASSES AND TOLERATE THE NAMES"​

Meh, we'll just give them a 2/10 and move on.

-SELF-CONSCIOUS
-WEAR THE GLASSES AND TOLERATE THE NAMES

"Your social status suggests that you will eventually get the support you need from your friends to overcome your self-consciousness. "​

Next>>

[Social]

"Mrs. Mulbury, your teacher, has asked you to be her special assistant for the school bake sale. Already, your friends are whispering that you are a "Teacher's Pet" behind your back.​

-SNOTTY​
-EMBARRASSED BUT COMPLIANT​
-FLATTERED​

-SAY, "I'M NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING LIKE THAT."​
-SAY, "YES, MA'AM."​
-SAY, "I WOULD BE HAPPY TO HELP YOU.""​

Screw the opinions of our "friends", this is quite a :obviously: position for us to earn.

-FLATTERED
-SAY, "YES, MA'AM.

"Your friends call you a "Brown Nose" and a "Teacher's Pet."​
Your current level of hostility suggests that you would not be able to take something like this in stride. You have a screaming fight with your friends and are taken off the bake sale. "​

God damn, we were flooded with bullshit left and right in that scenario. Bunch of degenerate reptilian shape-shifters, the lot of them.

Next>>

[Intellectual]

"Who founded the American Federation of Labor?​

-GEORGE MEANY​
-SAMUEL GOMPERS​
-JOHN SMITH"​

Could be Dick Cummings for all I know.

-SAMUEL GOMPERS

"You are correct!​

Who was the first Vice President of the United States?​

-JOHN TYLER​
-JOHN ADAMS​
-GEORGE CLINTON"​

-JOHN ADAMS

"You are correct!​

Who was the first ruler to consolidate the Slavic tribes?​

-PYOTR​
-RURIK​
-LENIN"​

-PYOTR

"You are not correct!​

Which one of these scientists is credited with the discovery of oxygen?​

-DAVIS​
-SHEPHARD​
-PRIESTLY"​

No3cPl.jpg

-SHEPHARD

"You are not correct!​

Who wrote THE GREAT GATSBY?​

-J.JOYCE​
-F.S. FITZGERALD​
-W.FAULKNER"​

-W.FAULKNER

"You are not correct! "​

Next>>

Checked our stats and our intellects down to 70! To hell with this game and its Kwanzanian trivia!

[Social]

"WARNING - THIS EPISODE CONTAINS SUBJECT MATTER OF A SEXUAL NATURE.​

Do you wish to continue?​
-Yes​
-No"​

Silly question.

-Yes

"You are in the house alone. While you are "exploring" the drawers, you notice a Playgirl magazine underneath a pile of clothing.​

-INTERESTED​
-UNINTERESTED​

-EXAMINE THE MAGAZINE​
-PUT THE MAGAZINE AWAY"​

Could be relevant to our interests, lets investigate.

-INTERESTED
-EXAMINE THE MAGAZINE

"The middle page folds out to show a man in a cowboy hat and boots...WITH NOTHING ELSE ON!! You try to turn the page, but you just can't believe what's there. Your eyes are frozen to one spot in particular.​

-AROUSED​
-CONFUSED​
-UNINTERESTED"​

Can't stop staring at his prominent love salami, I assume.

-AROUSED

"Your curiosity stimulates some early sexual fantasies. At this point in life, unless you are extremely precocious, you don't have all the facts about sex. You are finding out fast.​

-TAKE OUT THE CENTERFOLD AND KEEP IT​
-LEAVE IT ALONE"​

Finally, a proper anatomy reference for when we're drawing Yaoi.

-TAKE OUT THE CENTERFOLD AND KEEP IT

"The centerfold guy continues to intrigue you. Every once in a while, you have a sexy dream, with him as the star. "​

Next>>

[Social]

"You have just discovered that your best friend's boyfriend has pooled his life savings to buy her a pair of diamond earrings for her birthday. Later that evening, she tells you she is thinking of "dumping" him because she is not sure if they make a good couple.​

-CONCERNED​
-NOT CONCERNED​

-TELL HER ABOUT THE EARRINGS​
-LET HER HANDLE IT HERSELF​
-TELL HER BOYFRIEND THAT SHE IS PLANNING TO DUMP HIM"​

Honesty is the best policy. Does the world good and can be quite lulzy too.

-CONCERNED
-TELL HER BOYFRIEND THAT SHE IS PLANNING TO DUMP HIM

""TRAITOR!"​

That is what your friend screams when she discovers what you did. I know: you were only trying to be a good sport. Even so, your choices showed bad judgment. Eventually, your girlfriend and her boyfriend get back together, and she gets the earrings. They see you as a trouble-maker and stop hanging around with you. "​

They just can't stand the ugly truth.

Next>>

[Emotional]

"You have just seen a fascinating movie about horses. They look so incredibly neat. Imagine just climbing up on top and riding around all day long. You could learn to jump and join competitions and shows. Or, you could just take care of it and be its friend.​

-EXCITED​
-NEUTRAL​
-DEPRESSED​

-BEG FOR A HORSE​
-DROP HINTS ABOUT A HORSE​
-KNOW YOU'LL NEVER GET A HORSE"​

Horses are neat and all, but it's most likely unrealistic that we could own one.

-NEUTRAL
-DROP HINTS ABOUT A HORSE

"By the tone in your voice, your parents don't think you are enthusiastic enough to take the responsibilities of owning a horse seriously. "This is just another passing fancy," they say. "​

They're probably right, for once. We'll just stick with plastic ones.

8D2Iql.jpg

Next>>

[Social]

"The latest craze is wearing a dog collar around your neck, with a T-shirt proclaiming your dog-name. You have just spent $5.00 on a shirt that says,"FIFI REX the Mad Mongrel" and have borrowed one of your dog's collars. On the way out of the house, your mother says, "Do you THINK you are going out to school with that ridiculous get-up on?"​

-ATTENTIVE​
-INATTENTIVE​

-WALK BACK INTO YOUR ROOM AND PUT ON REGULAR CLOTHES​
-WALK OUT OF THE HOUSE QUICKLY, MAKING BELIEVE YOU DON'T HEAR HER"​

What the hell where we thinking? I mean, I'm a hardcore fchan-browsing fur-fag, and even I wouldn't do this crap.

-ATTENTIVE
-WALK BACK INTO YOUR ROOM AND PUT ON REGULAR CLOTHES

"Once you are back in there, you can:​

-PUT ON REGULAR CLOTHES AND HIDE THE OLD ONES TO CHANGE INTO LATER AT SCHOOL​
-CHANGE AND FORGET ABOUT THE OUTFIT"​

Sticking to our guns.

-CHANGE AND FORGET ABOUT THE OUTFIT

"Your friends at school say you have no guts and refuse to allow you to "pack" (hang around) with them. How do you feel about this?​

-DEPRESSED​
-"I GUESS I'LL GET OVER IT.""​

They're free to go yiff in hell.

-"I GUESS I'LL GET OVER IT."

"Once you are away from the group for a while, you realize that most of the school thinks they are a bunch of jerks. You find a new bunch of friends who are more willing to accept you for what you are. "​

Y'know, I think this guy managed to predict the furry fandom and how the rest of the internet feels about them, back in the 80's.

Next>>

[Intellectual]

"Who is the founder of modern Chemistry?​

-LOUIS PASTEUR​
-A. LAVOISIER​
-MME. CURIE"​

Wankers! yet more trivia.

-MME. CURIE

"You are not correct!​

Who is the founder of modern Psychiatry?​

-J. BROTHERS​
-S. FREUD​
-C. JUNG"​

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Other times, its a big black cock.

-S. FREUD

"You are correct!​

Who was the first American in space?​

-ALAN SHEPARD​
-GUS GRISSOM​
-JOHN GLENN"​

aUf9Wl.png

-ALAN SHEPARD

"You are correct!​

Who is the inventor of the telegraph?​

-S.MORSE​
-MARCONI​
-FRANKLIN"​

-S.MORSE

"You are correct!​

Who was the Austrian-born founder of The Ethical Culture Society?​

-ADLER​
-WUNDT​
-TEICHLER"​

-WUNDT

"You are not correct!​

Who takes over as President if both the President AND the Vice President die?​

-SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE​
-SECRETARY OF THE TREASURY​
-SECRETARY OF DEFENSE"​

Accursed kwanzanian goverment trivia.

-SECRETARY OF DEFENSE

"You are not correct! "​

Next>>

Well, our intellect rose to 80 so I'm not too fussed.

[Physical]

"You are relaxing in your room one day, when you notice a slightly wet feeling in your pants and a small round stain between your legs. When you check to see what is happening, you notice that the stain is red, then realize that it is blood.​

-EMBARRASSED / NERVOUS / CONFUSED​
-CALM​

-CALL MOM FOR SOME HELP​
-HANDLE THE SITUATION"​

Best to talk to the old women about this.

-CALM
-CALL MOM FOR SOME HELP

"Mom takes you aside and explains that you have started menstruation. This is the beginning of a new time in a young woman's life. There are times when it will seem uncomfortable and distressing. It may even get downright painful and make you tense and irritable. Mom explains that, as you get older, you will learn to adjust to it.​

For a time, you may feel a curious mixture of sadness and joy at being grown-up. Some people say that this is the beginning of "womanhood," and that is scary, too. Getting used to all of the changes in your body makes this time of life difficult. It's like walking into a house that you've known for years and finding all of the comfortable furniture has been replaced by new pieces. "​

Next>>

[Emotional]

"There is an elderly woman who lives in a house up the street. Everyone calls her "the witch." Some people say she's really paranoid, calling the cops on kids all the time and screaming out the window, even when there is nobody there. At night she keeps her light on all the time and sits looking out the window.​

For the past few days the light has been off. Some of the kids think she's just dead in there or something. They jump in front of her house and sing "Ding dong, the witch is dead, the witch is dead," and laugh.​

-SAD​
-HAPPY​

-SING WITH EVERYONE ELSE​
-TRY TO SEE IF ANYTHING IS WRONG"​

Sounds a bit like the female version of Cleveland Blakemore. Shame that such a person is no longer engaging in their usual bat-shittery.

-SAD
-TRY TO SEE IF ANYTHING IS WRONG

"One afternoon after school, you look from outside the gate to see if there is anything going on inside the house. There is nothing. You can:​

-GO THROUGH THE GATE AND KNOCK ON THE DOOR​
-ASK A FRIEND TO GO WITH YOU"​

Go lone wolf. Worst case scenario, we get raped and cannibalized.

-GO THROUGH THE GATE AND KNOCK ON THE DOOR

"You hear a voice call out from the back of the house, "Go away and leave me alone!" You can:​

-SAY "I'D LIKE TO KNOW IF YOU'RE O.K. IN THERE."​
-QUIT TRYING AND LEAVE"​

Lets fain concern.

-SAY "I'D LIKE TO KNOW IF YOU'RE O.K. IN THERE."

"You hear nothing for about 30 seconds. Finally, the door opens. The woman looks pale and dazed. She seems smaller than you imagined and very delicate. In the corner of her almost-bare living room there is a television set; beside it is a large box of old rubber balls and toys that were left, or had accidentally fallen, on her lawn.​

She asks you why you have come. You mention that you noticed that the light has gone out, and you thought she might be needing some help. She explains that she has no way to replace it. She is too old to climb up to do it. You can:​

-ASK HER IF SHE WOULD LIKE YOU TO DO IT​
-EXCUSE YOURSELF, NOW THAT YOU KNOW IT'S JUST A PROBLEM WITH A LIGHT BULB"​

Just a light bulb? Ffft, we could solve this quest easily.

-ASK HER IF SHE WOULD LIKE YOU TO DO IT

"She thanks you. Her face softens. While you are fixing the light, she tells you a very sad story: A long time ago, she had a little girl very much like you, so polite and so kind. She says her daughter was beautiful, and repeats it over and over--"as beautiful as a picture."​

She and her husband lived with their daughter not too far from the train yard. She used to tell her child, "Anne Marie, stay away from the tracks, or you'll get hurt." One day, her daughter and her husband went out to play catch with an old ball. The ball got away from Anne and rolled across the tracks.​

While she was chasing it, her foot got wedged between two rails. Her father and she struggled to release it, but before they could, they were both struck by a freight train and killed. She's been alone ever since.​

When you are finished fixing the light, the lady gives you some milk and freshly-baked cookies. It almost seems as though she doesn't want you to go. Before you leave, you:​

-THANK HER FOR THE COOKIES AND ASK IF SHE WOULD LIKE SOMEONE AROUND TO DO ODD JOBS​
-THANK HER AND EXCUSE YOURSELF"​

Helping the old broad further will dig into valuable C64 time.

-THANK HER AND EXCUSE YOURSELF

"You have done a kind thing for this woman today. It's been years since her last visitor. Your friends ask you questions about the lady and her house. "Weren't you scared? Didn't you think she would go crazy on you or something?" You are beginning to learn about prejudice and ignorance. They always make a perfect pair. "​

Tell me about it. Always found it weird the way No Mutants Allowed gets so much flak.

Next>>

Super end of chapter stats fun time!

"ALTER EGO​
LIFE STATUS​

Familial: 96​
Intellectual: 80​
Social: 62​

Calmness: 29​
Confidence: 92​
Gentleness: 66​
Happiness: 85​
Thoughtfulness: 41​
Trustworthiness: 91​

Thoughtless spending per turn: 0​

Acquisitions: (NONE) "​

:hmmm:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Familial: 96
Intellectual: 80
Physical: 100
Social: 62
Vocational: 53
:eek: Powerful.

schluberlubs

Educated
Ch. 5: Emotional Engagement

I had lost all my progress down to childhood due to the online versions flaky save system. Had to redo a lot of the stuff. Got everything right except our characters happiness is now 76 as apposed to 85.

[Vocational]

"A famous dairy products company is sponsoring a baking contest at your school. The first prize is a new bicycle and a trip to Disneyworld. Your mother is the world's best cheese cake baker. You know that getting her to bake the cake for you would certainly tip the chances of winning the contest in your favor.​

-DEVIOUS​
-HONEST​
-NEUTRAL​

-GET YOUR MOTHER TO BAKE THE CAKE FOR YOU​
-TRY TO BAKE THE CAKE YOURSELF​
-DO NOT ENTER THE CONTEST AT ALL"​

First thing, while we may not be hardcore feminists, we do not wish to waste more time in the kitchen than is necessary. Just the sort grab some left over pizza and cola from the fridge.

Secondly, I'm seeing a severe lack of a mention of an Amiga or other prestigious PC in the prizes.

Long story short, this contest is highly irrelevant to our interest.

-NEUTRAL
-DO NOT ENTER THE CONTEST AT ALL

"I guess entering a baking contest doesn't do much for you right now. "​

Gee, what gave you that idea.

Next>>

-Yes​
-No"​

Certainly!

-Yes

"Early in the morning, while you are still groggy from sleep, you rub your legs together and notice that it makes you feel very good. You wonder whether or not you should keep doing this or stop.​

-EMBARRASSED/ANXIOUS​
-CURIOUS​

-STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING​
-CONTINUE WHAT YOU ARE DOING"​

Feels good, man.

-CURIOUS
-CONTINUE WHAT YOU ARE DOING

"You feel a hot tingly feeling between your legs that spreads all over your body. The more you rub your legs together, the better it feels. You wonder about whether to continue doing this.​

-KEEP RUBBING YOUR LEGS TOGETHER​
-TOUCH YOURSELF WITH YOUR HAND​
-STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING"​

-TOUCH YOURSELF WITH YOUR HAND

"As your body gets warmer, you notice some goosebumps on different parts of you. As you rub, you begin to get a little nervous wondering what's going to happen. All of a sudden, your body gets tight and shivers for a few seconds.​

It feels weird and good at the same time. After this, you feel tired. Even though you may have never heard of this word, you have just done something called "masturbate." How do you feel about this?​

-GUILTY​
-FINE"​

Nothing to be ashamed of (at least if you don't do it in front of other people).

-FINE

"This is the beginning of exploring your sexuality. Like everything else that has to do with sex, people have all kinds of opinions about it. As you grow up, you will find that you have to choose among these opinions for yourself. Where things like sex are concerned, it is best to have all of the information before deciding anything. "​

Next>>

[Social]

"Russel Martin is one of those friends who never acted like a "stupid guy." Even though you are a girl and he is a boy, you've always gotten along great. You have listened to each other's problems and told each other secrets that no one else even knows.​

Next week is the annual "Sadie Hawkins" dance at school. All of the girls have to ask guys to be their dates. You would have a great time with Russ. There's only one problem: Russel is about five inches shorter than you.​

-SELF-CONSCIOUS​
-SELF-ASSURED​

-ASK HIM TO THE DANCE​
-DON'T ASK HIM TO THE DANCE"​

Not mad on the idea of us attending the dance, such socialization is a waste of time. Still, this guy sounds like a bro who's on our wavelength. Definitely not someone we want to reject.

-SELF-ASSURED
-ASK HIM TO THE DANCE

"Of course, you have a fantastic time. You make fun of everyone who is stupid enough to comment on the difference in your size. Five years after the dance, Russel becomes a six-foot six-inch dream!"​

Next>>

[Vocational]

"A neighbor approaches you and asks if you would like to make some extra money babysitting. You evaluate the job: It is highly nerve-wracking work (the child is a beast) for a $20-per-week payoff.​

-INTERESTED​
-UNINTERESTED​

-ACCEPT THE RESPONSIBILITY​
-REJECT THE RESPONSIBILITY"​

Hard to say no to extra cash, games were harder to pirate back then.

-INTERESTED
-ACCEPT THE RESPONSIBILITY

"After your third week of work, your friends plan a trip to the mall and ask if you would like to come along. Jamie's mother will be driving, but the trip will occur during the time when you babysit. There is no way you can squeeze the two events in on the same day.​

-REFUSE THE TRIP TO THE MALL​
-TAKE THE BABY ALONG TO THE MALL​
-ASK YOUR NEIGHBOR IF SHE WOULD MIND GETTING A REPLACEMENT"​

60 bucks should be enough for us to buy at least one game.

-ASK YOUR NEIGHBOR IF SHE WOULD MIND GETTING A REPLACEMENT

"She asks the girl down the block, who does a much better job and is willing to take $15. You are replaced. "​

Good while it lasted.

Next>>

[Social]

-Yes​
-No"​

-Yes

"At a party at the house of one of your friends, Mark Powers (a.k.a. "The Most Incredible Hunk In The Ninth Grade") asks you to be his partner in a game that some of the kids are playing. The game is called "Seven Minutes In Heaven." It is played like this:​

All of the "couples" find a place to be comfortable in a very large room. Someone is in charge of working the lights. When the lights go out, the couples make out (and stuff) for seven minutes. When the lights get turned back on, the couples can either stay with each other or switch partners.​

-AROUSED​
-UNINTERESTED​

-ACCEPT THE OFFER​
-REJECT THE OFFER"​

We would prefer some D&D instead of this "Emotional engagement" crap.

-UNINTERESTED
-REJECT THE OFFER

"You are obviously not interested in a seven-minute affair with Mark. You are much too sophisticated for that. Besides, who wants to kiss someone who has had fifteen other people slobbering all over his face all night? "​

Next>>

[Physical]

"A very aggressive girl from a tough crowd starts an argument with you and challenges you to a fight after school. Everyone whispers about "the big fight." It looks like there will be a lot of people watching.​

-FRIGHTENED​
-TOUGH​
-UNAFFECTED​

-SHOW UP AFTER SCHOOL​
-DON'T SHOW UP AFTER SCHOOL"​

Best not to over think these things. Sometimes, nothing beats a good old-fashioned collar grabbing.

-TOUGH
-SHOW UP AFTER SCHOOL

"The girl shoves you hard, knocking you off-balance. She scratches you in the face and neck. She is much more used to this kind of thing than you are. Suddenly, you see that she has left herself off balance.​

-SMACK HER​
-SCRATCH HER"​

Purge the xeno-filth!

-SMACK HER

"Your hand smacks hard against the girl's cheek.​
She is startled and out of breath. She looks at you and at her friends and begins to cry. They walk her away from the fight. "​

Next>>

[Social]

"You ask Mom if you can go to a party at the house of a friend whose parents are away for the weekend. She says "No." (Of course not, she never lets you do anything that is the least bit fun.)​

-OBEDIENT​
-DEFIANT​
-CRAFTY​

-GO ANYWAY​
-STAY HOME​
-ASK DAD"​

It is important we attend this party, perhaps we can convince the goers into a PnP session.

-CRAFTY
-ASK DAD

"Dad, half-listening says, "Sure, Sweetheart. Have fun."​

-HAVE SECOND THOUGHTS​
-GO"​

-HAVE SECOND THOUGHTS

Lost what the game says here due to the online versions retardation.

The game said something about how such deception is wrong and stuffies.

next>>

[Social]

"It is springtime and love is in the air. You have been thinking about Rob Nielson night and day and have finally mustered the courage to write him a "secret admirer" note. Rob is every girl's dream. He's almost thirteen, has big, blue eyes, and is captain of the soccer team.​

-CONFIDENT​
-HESITANT/AMBIVALENT​

-THROW THE NOTE AWAY​
-GIVE THE NOTE TO HIS FRIEND TO DELIVER​
-LEAVE IT IN HIS BOOK​
-WALK RIGHT UP AND GIVE IT TO HIM"​

Captain of the soccer team? Screw that for a laugh.

-HESITANT/AMBIVALENT
-THROW THE NOTE AWAY

"You throw the note away. You are the cause of your own unrequited love. For weeks you suffer from the thought that Rob will slip through your fingers. One day, he asks if he could borrow a pen.​

After using it to scrape some chewing gum off the bottom of his sneaker, he returns the pen and says, "Thanks." "​

Charming.

Next>>

[Family]

"While looking at yourself in the mirror one day, you begin to realize that you are beginning to get a chest! You are not exactly what anyone would call "voluptuous," but the thought crosses your mind that it just might be time for you to begin wearing a bra!​

-DARING/EXCITED​
-UNCONCERNED​

-ASK FOR A BRA​
-WAIT A WHILE LONGER"​

-UNCONCERNED
-WAIT A WHILE LONGER

"I guess you are not interested in these kinds of things right now. It's likely that one day you'll have to consider wearing a bra, but at this stage, who cares? "​

Too right, bro.

Next>>

[Family]

"You just received 25 dollars as a present. Your mother tells you that you can either put it in your own piggy bank or give it to her to "hold" for you.​

-TRUSTING​
-SUSPICIOUS​

-GIVE UP THE MONEY​
-SAVE IT YOURSELF"​

Seeing as we are not presented with the option to spend that immediately, won't hurt to let the old women use it.

-TRUSTING
-GIVE UP THE MONEY

"You have no reason to doubt Mom's good sense. She places the money in a bank account for you. "​

I thought she'd just spend it on crack, this is a far more favorable result.

Next>>

[Social]

"Marcus Kripple and the Tubeheads are the most popular rock group with kids your age. Anyone who likes them is "in." If you don't like them (or their new hit song "I Love You, Blowtorch Eyes") you are a definite "geek."​

-CONCERNED WITH PEER ACCEPTANCE​
-UNCONCERNED WITH PEER ACCEPTANCE​

-SPEND YOUR WHOLE ALLOWANCE ON THEIR NEW ALBUM​
-DO NOT BUY THEIR NEWEST ALBUM"​

Wait until we can get a pirate copy.

-UNCONCERNED WITH PEER ACCEPTANCE
-DO NOT BUY THEIR NEWEST ALBUM

"So what if none of the cool people wants to "dangle" (stay) with you. You are your own person. You're your own LONELY person, but you're probably a lot smarter than everyone else, too. Social sphere drops slightly, while Intellectual sphere increases. "​

Next>>

[Emotional]

"While walking around in the store with your friend, you notice that she sneaks a small item into her purse. You ask her what she is doing, and she tells you how easy it is to shoplift, saying, "They never check girls."​

-HONEST​
-DISHONEST​

-URGE HER TO PUT IT BACK​
-REFUSE TO STAY WITH HER​
-STEAL SOMETHING"​

Dumb ass is going to bring the Imperial Guard upon us!

-HONEST
-REFUSE TO STAY WITH HER

"You get angry with her for jeopardizing you by stealing. Unfortunately, you haven't noticed that she has sneaked a tube of lipstick into your pocket. The manager sees it, accuses YOU of stealing and calls your home.​
Because you are trustworthy, Mom believes that you were framed."​

Criminal scum!

Next>>

[Emotional]

"In the schoolyard, your friends are discussing something very secretively. You go over to see what is going on, and you hear one of them say something very strange. It has to do with the way you were made.​

-DISGUSTED​
-SKEPTICAL​
-UNAFFECTED​

-DENY THAT YOUR PARENTS WOULD EVER DO THAT​
-ASK YOUR MOTHER FOR THE REAL STORY​
-DO NOTHING"​

Lets see the old woman squirm trying to answer questions about this.

-UNAFFECTED
-ASK YOUR MOTHER FOR THE REAL STORY

"If you were truly unaffected, you wouldn't care enough to ask. You should examine your feelings more closely. "​

This guy doesn't totally understand trolling.

Or actually, maybe he does.

:hmmm:

This game is a never-ending source of food-for-thought.

Next>>

"You have just passed through CHILDHOOD.​

Family life is progressing very well. Dad is still the greatest hero of all time, and Mom is pretty terrific too.​

Physically, you are healthy. You contract the standard fare of childhood diseases, assorted sniffles, coughs, bumps and stomach aches.​

Socially, this can be an awkward phase of life, especially when you hit the ripe old age of nine or ten. Should you like boys? Should you not like boys? Decisions, decisions. All in all, you are extremely lovable. You are well-mannered and respectful of adults. Your social skills are so good that I'll bet before long you are throwing classy parties and attracting all the "right" people.​

Now, regarding your emotional and personality development...​

You are a remarkably trustworthy young lady. Your sense of ethics and fair play are quite remarkable for a child your age.​

You have a gentle, easy-going way about you most of the time. You have not had much of a problem getting your teachers to like you, and you seem to be able to control your temper, even when the boys tease you.​

You are about to enter adolescence. It is a somewhat hectic time of life -- full of surprises. There will be many high highs, and many low lows. With each year you will gain responsibilities.​

You may also notice that people will begin to start forgiving you less for things previously described as mere childhood habits. You will be expected to "act like a lady" and become helpful around the house. Sometimes you may become moody and teary without any reason at all.​

Oh, yes... then there's the matter of boys. If you haven't noticed them much in this phase, I'm sure you will soon. They'll also be noticing you quite a bit. "​

Act like a lady? Do house work? Act emotionally unstable? To hell with you and your bullshit, you chauvinist pig-dog!

Next>>

"WELCOME TO ADOLESCENCE​

Four be the things I am wiser to know:​
Idleness, sorrow, a friend, and a foe.​
Four be the things I'd be better without:​
Love, curiosity, freckles, and doubt.​

DOROTHY PARKER​
Enough Rope, Inventory, st. 1 "​

Next>>

We shall start upon this wondrous epoch next chapter. For now, here's our stats:

"ALTER EGO​
LIFE STATUS​

Familial: 96​
Intellectual: 90​
Social: 71​

Calmness: 43​
Confidence: 98​
Gentleness: 59​
Happiness: 72​
Thoughtfulness: 66​
Trustworthiness: 93​

Thoughtless spending per turn: 30​

We'll need a job to counteract that thoughtless spending.

schluberlubs

Educated
Ch. 6: Not so sweet child of mine

A little stroking of my micro e-penis is always appreciated.

[Social]

"It's ten minutes until the bell rings for gym. Mrs. Black (otherwise known as Orca) can be such a pain with her calisthenics. Everyone is going to the mall after school, and the last thing you want to do is sweat like a horse. No one will go near you. Imagine taking your shoes off in the shoe store and knocking out everyone in the place? Gross! This is going to take some quick thinking.​

-HONEST​
-CREATIVE​

-GO TO GYM CLASS​
-TRY TO AVOID GOING TO GYM CLASS"​

Who doesn't think gym class sucks ass?

-CREATIVE
-TRY TO AVOID GOING TO GYM CLASS

"You think of several excuses, but illnesses and injuries seem to be the most likely ways to get out of going to gym class. You approach Mrs. Black with a look of (false) pain and woe that she has seen a million times before. "Whatsamatter with you?" she says, menacingly.​

-TELL HER THAT YOU HAVE AN INJURY​
-TELL HER THAT YOU ARE HAVING YOUR PERIOD AND YOU DON'T FEEL WELL​
-TELL HER THE TRUTH"​

Would have preferred an option involving explosives. Telling a fib will have to do.

-TELL HER THAT YOU ARE HAVING YOUR PERIOD AND YOU DON'T FEEL WELL

"What's the matter with you, young lady? Don't you know that vigorous exercise is one of the best ways to get rid of those monthly cramps? Go over there and do fifty squat thrusts. You'll sweat the pain right out of you."​

Next>>

[Family]

"You are in one of your "ultra-cool" moods. While cruising through the house, you bump your foot on a piece of furniture and let a swear word sneak out. Your mother calls you in from the other room. She says, "Did you say what I THOUGHT you said?"​

-TRUTHFUL​
-LESS THAN TRUTHFUL​
-TOO COOL TO CARE​

-TELL HER YOU DID AND APOLOGIZE​
-TELL HER YOU DIDN'T​
-TELL HER YOU DID AND SO WHAT"​

Swearing is a part of free speech.

-TOO COOL TO CARE
-TELL HER YOU DID AND SO WHAT

""SO WHAT?" she says. Her eyes seem to glow for awhile, then she gets frighteningly calm. She speaks almost in a whisper. "So what?" she says, softly, "I'll have to remember that phrase when you ask me to drive you somewhere, or buy you a new blouse, or cook you dinner." The list extends well into the twilight of the evening. "​

TL;DL

Next>>

[Family]

"The family dog has been acting a little peculiar lately and no one can figure out why. Some of your fellow family members suggest that maybe he should be given away, or worse, put to sleep. Dad delivers an ultimatum.​

The dog must shape up or ship out. You are the only one in the house who can take the responsibility for getting him back into shape.​

-FEEL LIKE TAKING ON THE RESPONSIBILITY​
-DON'T FEEL LIKE TAKING ON THE RESPONSIBILITY​

-TRAIN THE DOG​
-DON'T TRAIN THE DOG"​

The dog's the only good conversation we get in this house-hold.

-FEEL LIKE TAKING ON THE RESPONSIBILITY
-TRAIN THE DOG

"You spend every available minute keeping an eye on the dog, rewarding him for good behavior and keeping him out of trouble. One day, when you return home from school, you smell what can only be the dog's "by-products" (number 2 to be specific). The smell is emanating from your parents' bedroom.​

You enter the bedroom to find the dog sleeping peacefully in the corner and a "sculpture" sitting squarely atop Dad's favorite pillow. Fortunately, no one is home. You can:​

-DISPOSE OF THE PILLOW AND PLAY DUMB LATER​
-TRY TO WASH THE PILLOW​
-DISPOSE OF THE PILLOW AND ADMIT THE TRUTH"​

Foolish mutt has jeopardized everything we've worked for!

-TRY TO WASH THE PILLOW

"You scrape the sculpture off the pillow and throw it away outside the house. The pillow and pillow case are left with a large brown (and smelly) ring. After three machine washings (your mother keeps yelling "What are you DOING down there?") the smell comes out of the pillow case, but the pillow still has the stain.​

Not only that, the pillow now weighs thirty pounds because it is water-logged. It will never be dry by the time Dad gets home. What will you do?​

-ASK FOR MOM'S HELP​
-TELL DAD THE STORY"​

Must form an alliance with the old woman if we are to save this situation.

-ASK FOR MOM'S HELP

"She is very sympathetic. As it turns out, Dad couldn't tell his "favorite" pillow from a pile of bricks. She makes a quick substitution and all is well. "​

And much like Trixie or Gilda, the dog was never heard of ever again.

Next>>

[Social]

"You and your friends have all gone to the shore for a beach party. It's late at night. One of your friends has a suggestion. He says, "Let's go skinnydipping."​

-SHY​
-UNINHIBITED​

-TAKE YOUR CLOTHES OFF​
-WAIT FOR EVERYONE ELSE TO TAKE THEIR CLOTHES OFF​
-KEEP YOUR CLOTHES ON"​

I'm a little apprehensive about exposing our proud greasy unwashed hide to water.

-SHY
-KEEP YOUR CLOTHES ON

"Like most daring fantasies that come up during adolescence, everyone has big ideas, but few follow through on them. Several people actually go skinnydipping, but almost everyone keeps his or her clothes on."​

Next>>

"A little while later...​

On the back of a cereal box, you see a contest to name the cartoon character that represents the cereal. You enter and...​

because you are very bright and very creative, you win!​

Your prize package consists of a full five-years' supply of Crunchy Marshmallow Chewie O's!"​

I'm glad that they agreed with the name "Wayne King".

This must be some kind of weird random event.

Next>>

Hmm, our coffer's running dry due to thoughtless spending. Time to take action.

A couple of extra options are available to us now we are in adolescence. They are: school, relationships, work and risks

[Work]

"You are too young to take on the responsibilities of a job just yet. Concentrate on your schoolwork."​

Bugger.

Next>>

[Social]

"A couple of your friends have convinced someone to purchase a bottle of very cheap wine. They are excited about the idea of getting drunk. You are in the basement of a friend's house.​

-EXCITED​
-AFRAID​

-SHARE THE WINE​
-WALK AWAY​
-ACT LIKE YOU ARE DRINKING THE WINE, BUT DON'T"​

TIME TO GET DRUNK, BROS. OLOLOLOL.

-EXCITED
-SHARE THE WINE

"There is one 12-ounce bottle of wine to be distributed among 15 girls. You take a few sips. What do you feel?​

-DRUNK​
-PERFECTLY NORMAL"​

A few sips of wine? I need half a litre of vodka to get me going. And I mean without a mixer.

-PERFECTLY NORMAL

"Of course you feel perfectly normal. Not even a young child could get tipsy on two sips of wine.​

But a kid like you can get caught drinking when Marissa's mother spies on you, and reports back to your mother. You are grounded for a month."​

Moral-fag scum! :x

Next>>

[Social]

"You are listening to the radio, and you hear that the guest disc jockey is... (Get ready because you will absolutely DROP DEAD from the shock, which is more than one human can possibly bear.)​

Adam Bombe, of the famous Adam Bombe and The Nuclear Wastes. The show is accepting call-in questions and comments. The callers can win autographed albums, money and expensive prizes.​

-INTERESTED​
-NOT INTERESTED​

-CALL THE SHOW​
-DO NOT CALL THE SHOW"​

Holy shit, this guy sounds like one seriously prestigious gentleman. Would be a crying shame if we passed up the opportunity to say something sycophantic and creepy to him.

-INTERESTED
-CALL THE SHOW

"You get a busy signal.​

-KEEP CALLING​
-FORGET ABOUT IT"​

We shall never surrender!

-KEEP CALLING

"You are greeted by the voice of the regular disc jockey who says, "Hi! Howareyatoday? We'rehere with ADAM BOMBE. Doyawannaaskima QUESTION, or doyawanna have a crack at one of our valuable prizes?"​

-ASK HIM A QUESTION​
-TRY FOR A PRIZE"​

Screw the prize in the ass 'til it's dead. Enlightenment before material gain.

-ASK HIM A QUESTION

"Your heart is pounding a thousand miles an hour. When you hang up the phone, you can neither remember the question, nor the answer. One thing you DO remember is that Adam said you sounded older and very beautiful on the phone. He said you have a SEXY telephone voice. Could you scream? "​

Truly the Chris Avellone of his day.

Next>>

[Emotional]

"A group of kids you hardly know have just made fun of you. Usually, this might not bother you, but lately you have been feeling down in the dumps about a lot of things.​

Your physical appearance has been disappointing you, your family has been giving you a hard time about almost everything; and no one seems to be saying or doing anything positive toward you. You have a bad case of the blues.​

-DEPRESSED/SAD​
-SUICIDAL​
-FEELING JUST FINE​

-TALK TO SOMEONE​
-GET DRUNK OR STONED​
-LET IT PASS"​

Like that's anything to feel bad about.

-FEELING JUST FINE
-GET DRUNK OR STONED

"You have chosen an infantile way of dealing with your stress. Instead of experiencing the depression and dealing with it, you have chosen to wash it away by chemically altering your frame of mind. This method brings you relief, but it sets you into a pattern that can lead to alcohol or drug addiction."​

Next>>

When you open the refrigerator, you spot a beautiful pie (your favorite), with a single, triangular wedge cut neatly out of it. You know that if you eat a slice, you will be out of control and never fit into your jeans for tonight's date.​

Because you have the self-control necessary to resist the treat, you avoid the consequences. Social sphere goes up, and so does Confidence."​

If you are wondering what would have happened if we ate the pie, the following instructional video should give you a good idea:

Next>>

[Social]

"A friend of yours at school has gotten pregnant and has decided to get married. The whole town is buzzing about it as if it were an awful scandal. Your mother has been gossiping about it night and day with her nosey friends.​

Every once in a while she tells someone on the phone, "If that were MY daughter, I'd lock her up until she was 25 before I ever let her out on a date again." Your friend is frightened and embarrassed.​

One day you receive a phone call from your friend. She tells you that her boyfriend will be quitting high school and going to work full-time. They will be married in three weeks. She wants to know whether you would consider being a bridesmaid at her wedding.​

-FLATTERED​
-EMBARRASSED​

-AGREE TO BE HER BRIDESMAID​
-DECLINE THE INVITATION"​

Don't see a reason not.

-FLATTERED
-AGREE TO BE HER BRIDESMAID

"As it turns out, the wedding is small, but touching. Your friend is in her mother's wedding dress, which seems too large and much too long. As you watch her walk down the aisle, you couldn't possibly imagine trading places with her.​

The groom looks terrified. His father rests a strong hand on his shoulder throughout the ceremony. As you eye the people who are attending, you see some people crying tears of happiness and others shaking their heads and gossiping.​

Later in the day, you overhear a woman say, "If that were my daughter I would die." FIVE minutes later she tells your friend's mother "how beautiful and mature" her daughter looked. Sometimes adults seem so two-faced, it can make you sick! "​

*Wipes tear from eye* Its just like that shot-gun wedding I had in Fallout 2.

Next>>

[Family]

"Early in the evening, a friend's mother appears mysteriously at the door and asks to speak to your mother. From another room, you hear the woman say that you have been a bad influence on her daughter and that your mother should try harder to "raise you 'the right way.'"​

Her complaints, by the way, are totally unjustified. First, you barely know her daughter, and second, she is the biggest tramp in town, without your help or anyone else's.​

-FURIOUS​
-GUILTY​
-CALM​

-GIVE THIS WOMAN A PIECE OF YOUR MIND​
-WAIT UNTIL SHE LEAVES, THEN HAVE A TALK WITH MOM​
-DO NOTHING"​

-FURIOUS
-GIVE THIS WOMAN A PIECE OF YOUR MIND

"I can understand why you are angry, but giving the woman a piece of your mind proves her point to her. Here you are storming in from another room and acting rude in front of company! You tried to convince the wrong person of your innocence. For better success, you should have concentrated on your mom. "​

Why can't we do both.

Next>>

[Social]

"Right before you go out on a big date, you lean your hand against a wall and, SNAP, you break your fingernail. There is a tube of Lock-Bond Glue All in the drawer.​

-SELF-CONSCIOUS​
-NOT SELF-CONSCIOUS​

-GLUE THE NAIL​
-FILE THE NAIL DOWN AND FORGET IT"​

-NOT SELF-CONSCIOUS
-FILE THE NAIL DOWN AND FORGET IT

"You are not going to let a little nail ruin your whole evening. This is a great attitude. Your date comments on how beautiful you are and never even notices. "​

Yeah. I mean, when I'm whacking off to porn, I usually ain't concentrating on fingernails.

Next>>

An all-boys school has asked for one member of your class to be a guest exchange student there for a month. Just think -- ONE WHOLE MONTH IN A SCHOOL THAT IS NOTHING BUT WALL-TO-WALL GUYS!!! Gym class will never be better. Students are reviewed for consideration. The principal has your name in front of him.​

You have the right intellectual capabilities....​
Socially, you are sophisticated enough...​
Finally, your Emotional sphere shows you can control your impulses. Congratulations! You're going!"​

We're going to be at the epicenter of a hurricane of dicks? HOORAY!!!

Next>>

[Family]

"Your dad's boss thinks that you are a fine young woman. He would be honored if you would consider attending the company dinner with his son, Matt.​

-SUSPICIOUS​
-INTERESTED​
-UNINTERESTED​

-ACCEPT THE INVITATION​
-MAKE AN EXCUSE​
-TELL HIM THAT YOU'LL GET BACK TO HIM"​

Wait, he wants his son to go with someone like us?

-SUSPICIOUS
-TELL HIM THAT YOU'LL GET BACK TO HIM

"You must really hate your father. The boss' face becomes red. He takes a handful of high blood pressure medication (hey, just like Dad says). When he calms down, he promises that you will never have a job in his company.​

Not only have you soured a potentially lucrative future business contact, but you have messed up the opportunity to date Matt, who is a ruggedly handsome college football star. "​

Weird, the other time I was in this scenario, the person was ugly.

Next>>

[Emotional]

"Your dad decides he wants to have a "long talk" with you about college. In his talk he advises you to do all the things you think you would like to do least. He is pushing hard for you to attend a college VERY close to home. In the middle of everything, he says, "You know, Sweetheart, I don't know how necessary a college education is for women, anyway."​

You get the distinct sense that he has already planned the next eight years of your life for you.​

-ANGRY​
-ANXIOUS​
-DEPRESSED​
-CALM​

-LISTEN QUIETLY​
-TELL HIM THAT YOU DISAGREE WITH WHAT HE IS SAYING"​

No doubt that he thinks we need to go back to the kitchen.

-ANGRY
-TELL HIM THAT YOU DISAGREE WITH WHAT HE IS SAYING

"It is clear that the goals he wants for you and your own goals may not be in agreement right now. Perhaps he is being overly pushy. A direct angry confrontation with him right now puts him on the defensive. The conversation ends when he says, "You'll go and you'll thank me for it some day." You reply, "That's what YOU think. I'll do what I want." "​

That's the ticket! You tell him, sister! Nothing shall stop us in our pursuit of incline.

Next>>

[Emotional]

"One of the older kids in school takes you aside and offers you a quick way to make money by dealing drugs -- nothing too heavy or dangerous, according to him. All you would have to deal is some pot and a few ludes. No one will ever suspect a girl.​

-INTERESTED​
-NOT INTERESTED​

-TELL HIM YOU WILL DO IT​
-REFUSE TO DO IT"​

Pots always good. Makes me a little paranoid, though.

-INTERESTED
-TELL HIM YOU WILL DO IT

"Your first deal is at 3 o'clock on Thursday.​
You are not calm enough to pull off this deal without getting caught. You are busted by a teacher.​

Fortunately, you don't have much of a reputation for doing things like this. As a result, you are given a five-day suspension from school. Family relations decline because of the stress you have caused. "​

This is what we get for not having enough skill points in street-wise.

Next>>

You have found a new way of "expressing yourself" through the way you comb your hair -- straight up.​

Everyone in the house just treats you like some kind of alien until you get a more conventional hair style. Relationships with family members become even cooler than they already are. "​

So wait, she styled her hair like some sort of troll doll?

Next>>

[Physical]​

"A cousin of yours asks if you would like to inherit her wig collection.​

-INTERESTED​
-NOT INTERESTED​

-ACCEPT THE WIGS​
-PASS ON THE OFFER"​

Eh?

-NOT INTERESTED
-PASS ON THE OFFER

"You always thought your cousin was a little weird.​

Now you know you were wrong--she's a LOT weird. The only place you can see for those wigs is at the end of a leash! "​

Cousins may be weird, but they can also be kind of hot.:M :bounce:

Next>>

[Intellectual]

"All of your friends are skipping class, and they want you to come along, too.​

-INTERESTED​
-UNINTERESTED​

-SKIP CLASS​
-GO TO CLASS"​

-UNINTERESTED
-GO TO CLASS

"You spend a boring day in class, thinking about what your friends are probably doing.​

-BEGIN TO DAYDREAM​
-DO YOUR SCHOOL WORK"​

Probably doing something retarded like playing Super Mario games.

-DO YOUR SCHOOL WORK

"You are very studious -- and very lucky as well. After school, gorgeous Bob Freidrickson asks you to tutor him in math. Looks like it was worth staying around, after all. "​

Brainy people get all the cock.

Next>>

Chapter's getting pretty meaty, lets check our stats:

"ALTER EGO​
LIFE STATUS​

Familial: 19​
Intellectual: 60​
Social: 95​

Calmness: 28​
Gentleness: 46​
Happiness: 74​
Thoughtfulness: 80​
Trustworthiness: 65​

Money: 526​
Thoughtless spending per turn: 12​

Our diminishing intelligence disturbs me.

If you want me to try either the school, relationships, work or risk options, speak now or forever hold your peace.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
We can't be low-int untermensch. Raise int by whatever means you can, we need those skill points!

schluberlubs

Educated
Ch. 7: That other game of Risk

Right, we'll be doing some of the Risks scenarios this time around. If you find this chapter in particular to be a bit of a snoozer, do say so and bare with me.

[Risks]

"Your parents are gone for the weekend! Even though you have been given STRICT orders to keep large numbers of friends out of the house, you know that it would be very easy to throw a party without anyone finding out. Of course, this would greatly increase your social status, and make you extremely popular.​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

Doubt we've got that many friends

-STOP

Lately, school has been making you nervous, so nervous, that your stomach is beginning to bother you from time to time.​

Your family life is not that good. You may complain about the pains, but they think that you are only doing it for the attention. Eventually, you develop an ulcer. Physical sphere declines."​

Next>>

[Work]

"Select an action :​
-APPLY FOR A JOB​
-QUIT A JOB​
-LEAVE THIS ICON"​

We are finally old enough for work. Neat!

-APPLY FOR A JOB

"For what kind of job would you like to apply?​

-COOK IN A FAST FOOD STORE​
-CLERK IN A DRUG STORE​
-TICKET TAKER IN A MOVIE THEATER​
-BOOKKEEPER FOR A TRUCKING FIRM​
-ASSISTANT IN A LAW OFFICE"​

-BOOKKEEPER FOR A TRUCKING FIRM

(My connection is being seriously retarded at the moment. It just completely jams up for minutes on end. Probably a regression in Debian.)

"I'm sorry. You have all of the qualifications, but this position has already been filled by someone else. There are regular job openings, so please try again. "​

It's like that thing Hellraiser was talking about.

Next>>

[Risks]

"Your mother has recommended a new hairstylist that she says will make you look great.​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

Eh.

-CONTINUE

"His name is Mr. Gene. He mentions that the person who cut your hair last was a barbarian.​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

He says that like it's a bad thing. A little concerning but lets press on any way.

-CONTINUE

"He tells you that he is about to give you an entirely new look.​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

The new shit?

-STOP

[Risk]

"A prestigious school sorority, Lhasa Apsa Phi, is seeking new members ("sisters"). Would you like to join? (CONTINUE means "Yes".)​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

Bros. Sisters. All the same thing, right?

-CONTINUE

"Good. Your pledge name is "Lizard Lips". Your pledge assignment is to photograph the captain of the football team in the buff. It seems he gets undressed right near his window every night around the same time.​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

-CONTINUE

"Good. Your pledge name is "Lizard Lips". Your pledge assignment is to photograph the captain of the football team in the buff. It seems he gets undressed right near his window every night around the same time.​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

-CONTINUE

"O.K., Lizard Lips. Your sorority sister suggests that you meet her in front of his house at precisely 11 p.m.​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

-CONTINUE

"You arrive at his house on time.​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

-CONTINUE

"You have the camera in hand. The sorority sister tells you to balance yourself on this small rolling platform. She will wheel you out from behind a bush. You can take the picture. Then she will roll you back in.​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

What could possibly go wrong?

-CONTINUE

"You get in position.​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

This guy seriously likes building tension.

-CONTINUE

"She wheels you out. You start snapping away. There he is stark naked. HEY WAIT A MINUTE. You notice yourself rolling right up the driveway. She's not going to pull you back.​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

-STOP

[Work]

"Select an action :​
-APPLY FOR A JOB​
-QUIT A JOB​
-LEAVE THIS ICON"​

-APPLY FOR A JOB

"For what kind of job would you like to apply?​

-COOK IN A FAST FOOD STORE​
-CLERK IN A DRUG STORE​
-TICKET TAKER IN A MOVIE THEATER​
-BOOKKEEPER FOR A TRUCKING FIRM​
-ASSISTANT IN A LAW OFFICE"​

-BOOKKEEPER FOR A TRUCKING FIRM

I really want that job.

"I'm sorry. You have all of the qualifications, but this position has already been filled by someone else. There are regular job openings, so please try again. "​

Next>>

[Risks]

Going to go all the way from now on, even if it means going out of character. Otherwise these are just boring.

"You are out with your friends and neglect to keep track of time. You are three hours past curfew.​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

-CONTINUE

"You arrive home and notice that all of the lights are off. Maybe everyone is sleeping and they won't notice you sneaking in.​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

-CONTINUE

"You fish around for your keys while standing at the door.​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

-CONTINUE

"You fish around for your keys while standing at the door.​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

-CONTINUE

"The door opens....​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

-CONTINUE

"SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEK....​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

-CONTINUE

"No one seems to notice.​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

-CONTINUE

"You take off your shoes and tiptoe toward your room.​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

-CONTINUE

"You are almost home free when...​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

-CONTINUE

"You hear a noise.​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

-CONTINUE

"It was just the pipes clanking.​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

-CONTINUE

"You sneak into your bedroom and no one is the wiser. "​

YEAH! Looks like all that time spent playing Thief payed-off.

Next>>

A close friend gets mononucleosis.​

Your physical condition is not strong enough to resist it. You become infected. Physical, Social and Intellectual characteristics all decrease. "​

Yo dawg, I heard you had a bad stat so I lowered your other stats so that you've now got bad stats to go with your bad stat.

Next>>

[Risks]

"You decide that you would like to try out for your school's cheerleading squad.​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

-CONTINUE

"It is your turn to do the routine.​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

-CONTINUE

"The cheerleading coach looks straight at you then turns her head away and whispers something to someone else.​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

-CONTINUE

"Both of them shake their heads back and forth...​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

-CONTINUE

"You wave your pom-poms frantically in the air...​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

-CONTINUE

"You hurl one skyward...​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

-CONTINUE

"It bounces off your head.​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

Dexterity must be our dump stat.

-CONTINUE

"You jump up and do a split in the air...​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

-CONTINUE

"You land gracefully on your feet.​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

On the other hand, our agility must be respectable.

-CONTINUE

"You begin to recite the school cheer...​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

-CONTINUE

"You momentarily forget how to spell "Penatsquatch."​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

Should have invested more skill points in speech.

-CONTINUE

"A small crowd has gathered to watch the rest of your performance.​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

-CONTINUE

"You are in the spotlight.​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

-CONTINUE

"Exhausted from the emotional toll this has taken on you, you prepare to hear the results of the tryouts.​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

-CONTINUE

"You make the team! "​

Hooray!

Next>>

[Risks]

"Your friends decide to eat a large meal at a diner and sneak out without paying.​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

-CONTINUE

"This is the plan: Everyone will go to the ladies room and sneak out the window one by one.​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

-CONTINUE

"Straws are drawn to see who goes first. The first one out has the least chance of getting caught.​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

-CONTINUE

"What luck! You get the shortest straw. You go first.​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

-CONTINUE

"You head for the ladies room.​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

-CONTINUE

"The window is at least eight feet from the floor and is shut tight with a padlock.​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

All she needs to do is scale the wall and pick the lock with a bobby-pin.

-CONTINUE

"You should go out and tell your friends.​

-STOP​
-CONTINUE"​

-CONTINUE

"You return to find them all gone. They are waving to you from outside. The waitress hands you the check!"​

Next>>

"ALTER EGO​
LIFE STATUS​

Familial: 17​
Intellectual: 50​
Physical: 60​
Social: 62​

Calmness: 39​
Gentleness: 46​
Happiness: 81​
Thoughtfulness: 80​
Trustworthiness: 65​

Money: 435​
Thoughtless spending per turn: 10​

Kinda' depressing.

Well, this chapter should give you a good idea of how the risks work. I'm not too keen on them as they are totally arbitrary & linear and lack that juicy choice & consequence that is this games main draw. Not to mention, they give me less room to LARP and make jokes. Probably won't do more of them.

This is kind of an experiment chapter so I'm cutting it short here. Should I continue with risks, try the school or relationship options or just do regular scenarios?

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Yeah, the risks are pretty bullshit, I don't even know what the benefit/consequence of them are.

Your progress is distressing, how could one so promising decline so hard in their teenage years?

Ah, wait, nevermind, answered my own question.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom