Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Lets play Brigandine: The Legend of Forsena

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Eh, I'll just keep doing it the same way, spamming multiple shots every time I need one and picking them out later. PSX emulators are too much of a headache for me to try a bunch of different ones. Too much configuration required.

Played the next chunk. 4 battles. 400 screenshots. Urghh.

Damned Registrations

About 8 hours ago, but I started playing Binding of Issac some more and got hooked on all the stuff they added since last time I played. I'll put it up tomorrow. (The brigandine update, not Isaac.)

Hellraiser

Arcane
BriE0078.jpg

Get him back and execute in a most inane manner.
:mob:

Archeon is seriously undermining the Kodexian Konsensual Kause :decline:

Damned Registrations

Update time!
BriF0002.jpg

So, battle time.
BriF0003.jpg

The bigass mountain on this map is actually impassable to all units, even those with the 'high sky' flying trait.
BriF0004.jpg

We use it to our advantage to set up a really kickass formation. Even the dragon can only be hit from 2 hexes.
BriF0005.jpg

That could potentially big ugly. But for now I'm not too worried.
BriF0006.jpg

As usual, they start off with an annoying poke from an archer.
BriF0007.jpg

Technically I could blast their unicorn from here, but I opt to save the MP instead.
BriF0008.jpg

Finally they send something into melee. They seem to be fairly intent on killing Miguel.
BriF0009.jpg

BriF0010.jpg

It's funny how the enemy won't attack some units in fear of counter attacks, but other times they treat units as if they're going to expire when the battle ends or something.
BriF0011.jpg

40 damage vs 192. Not the best trade they could have made.
BriF0012.jpg

They just got plain unlucky here.
BriF0013.jpg

Comte starting to get in trouble.
BriF0014.jpg

:hmmm:
BriF0015.jpg

Well thats about it for his involvement in this battle.
BriF0016.jpg

I choose to have Dryst power up the dragon instead of attacking or using curse.
BriF0017.jpg

This won't earn him much xp, but it'll be way more effective.
BriF0018.jpg

Scotty earns herself a level by cursing an enemy. Spells grant xp equal to their MP cost, in addition to some bonus for dealing damage, so units with high cost spells like demons and angels can level up easily even if they aren't getting kills. Not that it's hard for them to do so.
BriF0019.jpg

Azira lays the smack down on their uppity paralyzed bird.
BriF0020.jpg

CARE BEAR STARE!!!!!!
BriF0021.jpg

You're lucky I'm not actually a weeaboo or there'd be so many god damned anime references to giant laser beam attacks right now.
BriF0022.jpg

Anyways, ~300 damage to 5 enemies = we pretty much won the battle right here.
BriF0023.jpg

But just to add insult to injury...
BriF0024.jpg

Or, well, death to injury.
BriF0025.jpg

Yeah thats gonna kill some shit.
BriF0026.jpg

And this is how we gain massive amounts of xp very early on while the computer dicks around getting on or two kills per battle.
BriF0027.jpg

Camden's stat gain is kinda lackluster. But he's just in this class for the priest spells anyways.
BriF0028.jpg

Gnidrologist picks off the gryphon that barely survived, earning an easy level or two.
BriF0029.jpg

Miguel gets patched up by a brony so that he can't be wiped out in one turn by their casters.
BriF0030.jpg

If course, they choose to bail anyways, just because they lost half their army in two attacks. Pussies.
BriF0031.jpg

We have time to take some potshots before they finish retreating though, since their levels are pretty spread out.
BriF0032.jpg

Unfortunately, with that fenrir in the way we can't bring in enough guys to take Ivan down before his turn, so we're basically just attacking for the free xp.
BriF0033.jpg

Kaiserin can at least pull off a kill.
BriF0034.jpg

Wyvern should net us some decent xp.
BriF0035.jpg

Not too shabby.
BriF0036.jpg

Demons are such a pain to level up though, since you have to baby them and pick their spell uses carefully. Dragons go slower but using them is a no brainer.
BriF0037.jpg

One last parting shot.
BriF0038.jpg

We were so damned close too.
BriF0039.jpg

I have Comte pick up some free xp poking at their centaur. Hopefully they don't kill him before retreating.
BriF0040.jpg

Ivan send his guys out for some blood before leaving.
BriF0041.jpg

But thats not going to be enough.
BriF0042.jpg

Really? You want to fuck with the knight?
BriF0043.jpg

Critical.
BriF0044.jpg

Pwnage.
BriF0045.jpg

Miguel looking pretty badass right now.
BriF0046.jpg

Ivan bails.
BriF0047.jpg

And so does Esclados. Without murdering Comte (which would have been easy in retrospect, that hydra had power, all he had to do was move the hellhound and send it in.
BriF0048.jpg

But he ran like a little girl and we reaped the free xp.
BriF0049.jpg

Free levels for everyone!
BriF0050.jpg

Well not everyone, but lots of people.
BriF0051.jpg

If he survives a few more battles he might be useful as more than cannon fodder soon.
BriF0052.jpg

Castle GET.
BriF0053.jpg

This castle gets fought over a lot, since it's between esgares, norgard and new almekia. Though sometimes it's just norgard and almekia, depending on who is winning up there.
BriF0054.jpg

The computers seem to thrash eachother pretty hard in their fights. Although they lose a lot of units this way, they get a lot of kills too, just like we do. So they usually accumulate a lot of level 5-12 units, but they generally don't live past that.
BriF0055.jpg

Sweet. We wanted these guys to fight but couldn't because someone had just been moved.
BriF0056.jpg

They're on the offense, which makes it easier for us. And that hydra isn't getting out of those woods any time soon.
BriF0057.jpg

They actually start pretty close to the castle, but we're forming a line right on top of it to utilize it's defensive bonuses.
BriF0058.jpg

First contact.
BriF0059.jpg

Wyvern not doing so hot.
BriF0060.jpg

Annoying prick.
BriF0061.jpg

Djinn attacks are physical so they're great for fucking up casters if you don't mind risking your squishy unit on the front line.
BriF0062.jpg

That hydra isn't keeping up with them very well. They're all way too stretched out instead of attacking in one big wave.
BriF0063.jpg

BriF0064.jpg

We have Ulster fire off the satelite laser to soften up that Wyvern.
BriF0065.jpg

Bizzarely, however, they send their Bishop in for a melee attack.
BriF0066.jpg

Bishops are the complete pussies offensive mages are, but they're still not exactly front line material.
BriF0067.jpg

Their demon wastes a turn casting venom on one of our many cannon fodder plants. Things are looking good for us.
BriF0068.jpg

Bit of a gamble to make this attack, since Wyverns are agile fuckers.
BriF0069.jpg

But it pays off.
BriF0070.jpg

Inching towards thats promotion.
BriF0071.jpg

We send a centaur to fuck up their foolishly placed healer.
BriF0072.jpg

But I remember to send the other one after that stupid Djinn and finish it off.
BriF0073.jpg

Bye bye Bannedhaira.
BriF0074.jpg

Our formation isn't looking so great now, they're basically avoiding like half our troops by going after the guys up top.
BriF0075.jpg

They did, however, leave Cai open to some brazen Roc attacking.
BriF0076.jpg

Kind of risky since the bird can be completely surrounded now and is right next to some dangerous casters.
BriF0077.jpg

But a petrify would have made it so worthwhile. But no dice.
BriF0078.jpg

I'd love to send in Draq to enhance this beatdown, but he's even more vulnerable than the Roc would be with that blue element.
BriF0079.jpg

We throw a protect spell on the ballsy bird before the turn ends.
BriF0081.jpg

Castles heal units standing in them at the start of each turn. This time we're getting good use out of that fact.
BriF0082.jpg

I try to paralyze their healer but don't get any luck.
BriF0083.jpg

Uh-oh.
BriF0084.jpg

Ow.
BriF0085.jpg

Cassidy is pretty much fucked despite being the same element as the spell, since he's got terrible int and low hp.
BriF0086.jpg

The level 1 giant can shrug it off easily though.
BriF0087.jpg

Level 1 Enchantress, not so much.
BriF0088.jpg

The lizards have a better hp pool but still are getting hit rather hard.
BriF0089.jpg

They finish off our sacrificial plant. :salute: it did a fine job of luring them into a bad formation for us.
BriF0090.jpg

They send some more guys in to fight but don't have their best guys in position really.
BriF0091.jpg

I decide to burn a halo spell on our golem. I kind of wanted to use it to finish off Beau Arte, but he's got too many hp left, since all we've got up there are plants and centaurs.
BriF0092.jpg

He lands a deathblow on a shitty ghoul instead.
BriF0093.jpg

At least it gives decent xp thanks to the Halo buff.
BriF0094.jpg

Golem are a real pain to level thanks to their shit agility and movement.
BriF0095.jpg

Sweet.
BriF0096.jpg

Our centaurs land some nice hits too.
BriF0097.jpg

Thats pretty dangerously low there buddy.
BriF0098.jpg

A pity we couldn't halo up for this attack.
BriF0099.jpg

Our giant lands the hit anyways though.
BriF0100.jpg

:yeah:
BriF0101.jpg

Man that'd be such a nice chunk of xp to boost. :sigh:
BriF0102.jpg

Oh joy. :roll:
BriF0103.jpg

We send our other giant to fuck up Cai. Cai's melee attack is called 'Word of Magic'
BriF0104.jpg

But all he does is club the enemy with his book :lol: Maybe they had something different planned but never animated it? Cai doesn't even get a special crit animation.
BriF0105.jpg

Miguel uses his turn to patch up Cortina so she's not 1 spell away from death any more.
BriF0106.jpg

Fucking jackpot!
BriF0107.jpg

With Cai dead and unable to retreat, and their only healer gone, we can now stick around and kill every last enemy here to milk the xp. Draq starts with the paralyzed dragon.
BriF0108.jpg

Fucking pixie bitch silenced Cortina! I was gonna get her crazy levels by finishing shit off too.
BriF0109.jpg

Our tentacle rape counter offensive gets punished rather harshly. You know how unicorns get a special ciritcal attack? Pixies do too, but it only triggers on their counter attacks. And unlike the unicorn's crit, this one fucking HURTS.
BriF0110.jpg

Well, for a pixie anyways. 125 damage isn't going to scare us off.
BriF0111.jpg

Ulster's shitty MP is just enough to cure that silence status. If I'd known where things were going I'd have saved those halo spells for Cai and Beau Arte.
BriF0112.jpg

Well, I didn't want Cortina to gain too many levels anyways. She just needs to hit level 6.
BriF0113.jpg

I wonder if I should make Ulster dual class into melee instead of a caster. His MP is so shitty anyways, at least if he were in melee he'd be in a good position for a lot of things.
BriF0114.jpg

Our brofister lands a nigh impossible shot on that pixie bitch.
BriF0115.jpg

Not quite enough though.
BriF0116.jpg

But the pixe's not lucking out either. No crit this this time.
BriF0117.jpg

:dance:
BriF0118.jpg

Schutleis dices some lizard for breakfast.
BriF0119.jpg

A chance to clean up an entire set of monsters, especially a large set like what a leader can carry, is a huge boon for us. We're gaining a ton of levels here, this one battle will shift this time from weak to a viable invasion force.
BriF0120.jpg

Cortina finishes off the mini bitch with a spell, since that can't miss.
BriF0121.jpg

Yeah I think maybe that'd do the trick.
BriF0122.jpg
We're on our way.
BriF0123.jpg

Their dragon finally broke free of the paralysis.
BriF0124.jpg

Fortunately we didn't have anything too weak near it. And the unlucky fucker got himself paralyzed again right away.
BriF0125.jpg

We squish it with our awesome golem.
BriF0126.jpg

This guy has so earned his name. Awesome performance this battle.
BriF0127.jpg

I cast a Fog spell here because it's the only thing Cortina can do to the hydra, and I'm still kinda worried it might fuck something up with a big crit.
BriF0128.jpg

I send Kz3ro in first.
BriF0129.jpg

He didn't manage to kill it, which is pretty much what I expected.
BriF0130.jpg

But they Hydra whiffs the counter. But it probably couldn't have gotten a kill even with a crit, thanks to the elemental factor.
BriF0131.jpg

This is a lot riskier. Draq had to move out of the rune area to make this attack. The Hydra might actually be able to kill him with a crit thanks to the lower defense.
BriF0132.jpg

But Draq proves he's king of the scalies.
BriF0133.jpg

Sweet sweet xp.
BriF0134.jpg

He's been getting especially good level ups too. The stat gains are random but he always seems to net str or agi, often both or 2 points in one.
BriF0135.jpg

We send Volly in for a feeble attack just for the free xp. Technically with everything dead I could sit here forever and feed him the kill, granting massive xp for an extremely hard to level unit. But fuck, I hate Volly. Screw that.
BriF0136.jpg

Target locked.
BriF0137.jpg

Missiles away.
BriF0138.jpg

Destruction confirmed.
BriF0139.jpg

Rather vocal for a dead statue.
BriF0140.jpg

Much :incline: occured thanks to this. But man, it could have been over 2k with Halo.

Off to our other battles.
BriF0141.jpg

This one first.
BriF0142.jpg

This is a really interesting territory to fight in. Unfortunately, it's almost never fought in since it's the border between the only 2 allied countries in the game. And even if you backstab your buddy, it's probably unguarded so you get to take it without a fight.
BriF0143.jpg

Anyways, not having aquatic or flying units ia a bit of a pain here, but we only sent one knight with a few troops, so it's not as annoying as it could be.
BriF0144.jpg

We don't get to set up our attack the way I'd like, and get bogged down with their monsters before we can pounce on a knight.
BriF0145.jpg

Iria isn't going to fall very easily though.
BriF0146.jpg

Hmm, she's not in range for a curse...
BriF0147.jpg

:x
BriF0148.jpg

Well, luckily it's black magic, so it should have a lowever success rate.
BriF0149.jpg

Right?
BriF0150.jpg

I wonder if defjam ahs ever played in the tomb of horrors?
BriF0151.jpg

:rage:
BriF0152.jpg

Stupid bullshit spell never works for me. But when the ENEMY casts it...
BriF0153.jpg

Well, it's not as bad as it looks.
BriF0154.jpg

Dimension actually warps the target away to a random tile. defjam only ended up a little ways to the east and is already near us again inside the rune area. Though that fucking bird is in the way.
BriF0155.jpg

I resolve to try taking out the scrawny spellcaster.
BriF0156.jpg

We should be able to pull it off.
BriF0157.jpg

Especially with luck like this.
BriF0158.jpg

Too fucking perfect.
BriF0160.jpg

Nice. Those are probably the most important 4 MP we'll gain all game long. The difference between 180 and 184 is pretty huge for Iria.
BriF0161.jpg

Time to get our first tier 2 dragon I think.
BriF0162.jpg

:decline: of Jarlfrank. Not an attack I wanted to miss.
BriF0164.jpg

We don't have anything else in range, so our turn ends. Jarlfrank scrapes a level by counter attacking their lizardman.
BriF0165.jpg

Lame.
BriF0166.jpg

Well, at least we got it.
BriF0167.jpg

Now for the capital.
BriF0168.jpg

Again, obnoxious water in our way.
BriF0169.jpg

But they bolt as we get near and don't even put up a fight.
BriF0170.jpg

Well, free xp for us.
BriF0171.jpg

Getting close.
BriF0172.jpg

Him too. Though dragons take a lot more, so he'll need kills instead of just won battles.
BriF0173.jpg

Even our plant is getting up there.
BriF0174.jpg

Daffy wins yet another rabbit quest. Lucky guy. Actually, I think it was a different one but I don't feel like copypasting that stuff this time.
BriF0175.jpg

Lucia gets a rabbit quest too. However...

... (same as before)

The talking Rabbit then hopped into the forest. Something touched Lucia's arm as Lucia went into the hole.
BriF0176.jpg

Rabbit: That's what you get, you idiot!

The Rabbit should have hidden while it taunted Lucia. Lucia tried to catch the rabbit, but passed out before anything could happen.

The Rabbit's laughter echoed inside Lucia's ear... Lucia barely survived and is required to rest for a month.

BriF0178.jpg

This item is actually rather nice. Rune area perks are hard to come by, and are very useful, especially for casters trying to stay in the back, whom often have shitty 3 rune area.
BriF0179.jpg

Draq earned himself some further incline.
BriF0180.jpg

Nice bonuses across ATK, DEF, and MOV.
BriF0181.jpg

And he's all stylish now too.
BriF0182.jpg

Look at this fag's stats by comparison: Draq could kick his fucking ass in melee. He's on par with a dragon thanks to the class change and all those lucky stat gains.
BriF0183.jpg

Cortina makes an upgrade as well. Enchantress class is now mastered, so gaining further levels in it would be pointless. However, the upgraded version of that path isn't available until level 10.
BriF0184.jpg

So we switch her to cleric, giving her more spells. (And more ATK and DEF, since Clerics are just better fighters for some reason. Though she'd still probably lose to a ghoul.
BriF0185.jpg

We dole out some names to our newly leveled bros.
BriF0186.jpg

If you want a named monster and haven't gotten one yet let me know. I've tried naming stuff after everyone following the thread, but there were a lot of posters and muddling through all those screenshots is a bitch.
BriF0187.jpg

Some serious incline of our country for a single turn.
BriF0188.jpg

Budget is looking good now too. We'll be mana capped in no time.
BriF0001.jpg

And our territory puts even Esgares to shame. If I can just get it extended to Norgard now I'll have met my challenge.

lightbane

Arcane
What a glorious slaughter :incline:

Soo, what about my own unit? That helldog you named after me...

Damned Registrations

I think you were in the battle with Dryst. But either the screens I took of you got mangled or everything was basically dead or fled before you got to do anything. You're still around though.

Damned Registrations

I'm going to let them linger for a bit longer until I get a territory bordering Norgard. Suffice to say wiping out a country would make things a bit too easy right now.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
This game really make me all sad for the state of King Arthur 2's campaign. I really wanted it to be more of a multi-faction war thing, but from the reviews I've read, there's nothing of the sort. A very narrow campaign with branching C&C is all we have now - with stripped down empire management fueled with just constant battles after battles.

A Turn-Based KA2 would also be better since every action + results are easily tracked just like your LP illustrated- and able to showcase its great animations. Something to ponder for Neocore perhaps.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
So the territory you nabbed from Cai borders the red kingdom via the strait or what?

[EDIT]

Never mind, you already showed us:

BriE0096.jpg

But this seems like it'd be more fun. Iria should be able to handle one group alone since she's got 3 level 10 monsters with her. In retrospect I should have given the black monsters to the other group and had her go after Dinadan with that spear of hers. Oh well. Baggy and Hula should be able to handle things too.
BriE0097.jpg

We won't be able to hold both locations for long, since Almekia will be able to attack us from here. But hey, it's worth it just for the xp..

Silly me. :roll: I should learn to simply read the LP thoroughly.

Stygian Lurker

Liturgist
Damned Registrations said:
If you want a named monster and haven't gotten one yet let me know. I've tried naming stuff after everyone following the thread, but there were a lot of posters and muddling through all those screenshots is a bitch..

I want a named monster, lizard man if possible, if not anything is OK.

btw, which emulator are you using?

golgepapaz

Augur
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
heh made it to special forces :incline:
Nice. What happens when a country is defeated? Cause it looks like one is going down.

other than the main heroes you get some of their knights and others countries gets the others but you get the worst knights if you are the one conquering them, so it's advantageous for letting other nations
the deliver the killing blow if you can, that way they get the worst knight and you get the slightly better ones.

Johannes

Arcane
heh made it to special forces :incline:
Nice. What happens when a country is defeated? Cause it looks like one is going down.

other than the main heroes you get some of their knights and others countries gets the others but you get the worst knights if you are the one conquering them, so it's advantageous for letting other nations
the deliver the killing blow if you can, that way they get the worst knight and you get the slightly better ones.
Nah, the ones you get when conquering aren't consistently worse. It varies by nation which ones are preferable (yeah, I consulted some FAQs to find out...).

Almost through the game by now myself, btw. Would be really nice if it was just harder (it's been just 1 ingame year and I have over 2/3 of the map)... When the AIs are so incompetent at keeping their stuff alive, they both miss out on high-level units, and also run out of mana to recruit the basic stuff since they don't tend to have massive territory like the player usually has. So after the first few months you're way superior to all the AIs not only in fighting the tactical battles but also strategically.
If the enemy nations gained some extra mana (especially for Esgares) and extra XP for each unit every turn or something, things could be interesting but as it is it's a cakewalk. Too bad since the game does have some potential.

Absalom

I wouldn't mind a named monster. Damn how did I miss this game it looks pretty tight especially for the playstation

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
That's a PS2 emu which apparently does not support Brigandine since it's a PSX game? Or am I missing something...
He probably ment pcsxr.

Can be found here (official build) or here (latest builds).

It uses Pete's plugins, not sure if modified, surely re-compiled.

So, if I were to get a hold of the eboot.pbp file for Brigandine and wanted to run it with the pcsxr build (official) you linked Spekkio, how were I to do that? Simply drag and drop the pbp file unto the pcsx.exe? Or fire up the exe and try to run the pbp file as either an exe or iso? :M

spekkio

Arcane
I think you can convert this psp image back to regular cd-image. But I don't think it's worth the hassle.

Damned Registrations

Start button. To skip dialogue hit X + R1. That also works for speeding up enemy movements a lot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom