Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play VtM: Night Empire

laclongquan

Arcane
I dont really want to diablerize, but if we do, I advise caution and step-by-step jumping. We jump too far and our personality goes poof. Not fun.

EDIT: and for fuck's sake, SCO, get your mind out of the gutter. We invested a lot in cultivating Erika in the last campaign, it's beyond stupid to not follow on that investment. She started hating us and by the end liking us a little, you know how much efforts going into that change.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Just to make sure I'm clear on the plan... We're considering sending our ghoul squad to kidnap a certain well-known vampire of low generation, diablerize her, then suddenly show up among our circle of friends with a stain in our aura and feigning ignorance?

No. We're planning on kidnapping her and keeping her staked for later. We'll diablerise her only AFTER things have died down.

I dont really want to diablerize, but if we do, I advise caution and step-by-step jumping. We jump too far and our personality goes poof. Not fun.

As long as we're eating low generation but not over 1000 years old Vampires, we should be fine. The worst that could happen is acquiring new quirks. I wouldn't want to diablerise a real Methuselah though!

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I just spent the last couple of days catching up on this, truly an excellent read.

As for the vote, I would actually go for either A or B. Supporting Vogel just because he was the first to seek support is hardly prudent. It would be more reasonable to either lead him on for a while, or to refuse him outright without any hard feelings.

Attempting to assassinate or kidnap a fellow Baron just so that Vogel will get elected sounds extremely foolhardy. The target would most likely have some elaborate defences that would not be readily apparent, even to his or her own subjects. Also, even if the team would be successful, the whole plot could easily be unraveled if as much as a single person would talk or make a small mistake. Being caught violating a Baron would most likely lead to Sommers being executed, whereas all he stands to lose now is his title, which he could most likely regain further down the line.

Besides, there is no guarantee that Vogel would be elected anyhow. If a powerful Prince would be needed to lead the city in such a time of crisis, Tarquin seems to be a far more likely choice. So, even if the assassination, kidnapping etc. would be successful and no one would find out about it (which is unlikely) the plan itself would probably fail.

While using the team to take out a Baron might be a prudent tactical move in very desperate times (the core concept of attacking vampires in daylight using highly trained ghouls is really quite splendid) it is really not warranted at this stage. The goal right now ought to be to get in touch with a couple of more suitable candidates from the list above, and do what a Ventrue would do best.

In my own humble opinion, Brother David seems like the best bet so far. It seems likely that the Tremere will be granted the opportunity to clean up their own mess, especially if Sommers and others would back them early on. Since parts of the city appear to be rather riled up against the Tremere, they would no doubt be grateful for the support, or at the very least, bound to compensate Sommers for the favour. Additionally, it would discourage any deeper investigation into the exact nature of the dealings between Sommers and Eames, which might otherwise come back to haunt him.

Aside from the obvious benefits of being on good terms with David, the Tremere Primogen seems to be a very monocled gentleman. Chances are that he possesses some useful knowledge about a great many things, and since he certainly appears to need support right now, siding with him could be extremely profitable.

So, in short, either A or B, with an emphasis on working with David and the Tremere.

Esquilax

Arcane
Just to make sure I'm clear on the plan... We're considering sending our ghoul squad to kidnap a certain well-known vampire of low generation, diablerize her, then suddenly show up among our circle of friends with a stain in our aura and feigning ignorance?

No. The plan is to ideally to "stake 'em and take 'em" and then leave them within our secret area around Witanhurst for the time being. Failing that, scout out the area (find out where our target sleeps) and napalm their place during a daylight raid. After this time, we'll exploit the fear of the Masquerade being blown/ a serious Hunter threat by using it as a means to advance Vogler's (and by extension, Sommers') cause, since we pretty much need something really shitty to happen in order to ensure that people start considering a Gangrel Prince of Buttfuck, Nowhere to be a serious prospect for Prince. We want Vogler as Prince because he's providing us with the best offer.

However, I am content with something of far lower risk provided it ends up with Anthony being Baron permanently. It's just that I see a situation that we could potentially exploit here, much like there was during the Angelos saga.

On the other hand, the plan (minus cannibalism) counts on a lot of ifs. We don't really -know- whether our ghoul squad can storm the lair of a 6-8th gen vampire, whether they can overcome her. They have no experience. We have no idea whether we can find Hunters, whether we can lure them TO OUR HOME, and whether they'll really fail in providing us with a frontal asshole. We don't really know if people will buy all of this or whether they'll go 'hmm, a pack of commonwealth ex-army soldiers gone hunters? I wonder who payed for that'.

They can't. Not head-on at least. Lucky for us, Jyhad is never played head on, otherwise Anthony would be a piece of furniture in Sculptor Angelos' living room right now. If we get them during daylight hours, while they're unaware, silently eliminate their ghouls, then hit them with incendiary rounds while they're in their coffins... why not? Our guys have the training, they have skill at infiltration, they would know the layout of the area and the combat situation ahead of time, and they would be attacking when our enemy is most vulnerable.

The Hunter part, I'll admit, that's the shakiest part of the plan. I'm relying on the assumption that they'll be attacking us at our home when the truth is they could attack us from anywhere. I still am not sure how we'd lure in a Hunter, but hopefully Mandrake will provide us with some opportunities. A bit of fabricated evidence would be very useful (perhaps even necessary) as a pretext for stoking fears of a massive Masquerade breach.

laclongquan

Arcane
And who would do the hit on the good baron for you? Torreador Edgar Fellowes? Hoh. Dont forget that guy's sense of sentimentality during the first battle of Two Week War.

The ghoul squad? One we are not spending anytime with, and Edgar stays pretty much in touch. Even if we hypothetically command them to do the job till finish without Edgar knowing, he will still know afterward, due to his longer period around them. Kill them off so Edgar dont find out? Ooooo that's expensive... and spendrift. Kill Edgar so he wont spill the beans? Oooooo that's smart... NOT.

Dont be ridiculous. Currently Anthony dont have resources for underhanded and dirty tricks. Get real~

Erebus

Arcane
Thanks for the useful info, Grotsnik !

According to what Harpy-Girl told us in the first update, the Camarilla don't want a local boy/gal to become the next Prince of London. The Barons won't openly challenge that decision, though they may try to change it. Still, they'll have their say with regards to who becomes Prince. Judging from the descriptions, I don't think many (any ?) of them are likely to want to work with us : either they'll despise us for our youth or they'll distrust us or they'll be a crazy Malkavian.

We should try to mend things with Turcov, if possible.

Also, it might be a good idea to approach Artzi : the Tremere must feel very alone right now (not that they don't deserve it...) and that might make them more amenable than usual.

I don't know if Erika will come back to London, but even if she does, I don't think the Barons would accept that both the Prince and the Sheriff be Gangrels, especially since the clan is no longer officially part of the Camarilla. Besides, she didn't exactly like us. And while we all want to see some hatesex between Anthony and her, we're (probably) too nice to ask Grotsnik to write such a scene.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Ah, yes, the suspicious blood Eames fed us in that scene; forgot all about that.

Keep up the scheming, it's amusing to read for sure...

a cut of domestic sheep prime

They can't. Not head-on at least. Lucky for us, Jyhad is never played head on, otherwise Anthony would be a piece of furniture in Sculptor Angelos' living room right now. If we get them during daylight hours, while they're unaware, silently eliminate their ghouls, then hit them with incendiary rounds while they're in their coffins... why not? Our guys have the training, they have skill at infiltration, they would know the layout of the area and the combat situation ahead of time, and they would be attacking when our enemy is most vulnerable.

The Hunter part, I'll admit, that's the shakiest part of the plan. I'm relying on the assumption that they'll be attacking us at our home when the truth is they could attack us from anywhere. I still am not sure how we'd lure in a Hunter, but hopefully Mandrake will provide us with some opportunities. A bit of fabricated evidence would be very useful (perhaps even necessary) as a pretext for stoking fears of a massive Masquerade breach.
Not sure having the hunters after us is a good idea. Violating the masquerade to the point they take notice may lose us our barony and we haven't fortified the compound yet - our only protection is Cripps - so there is a chance they may actually get to us. That said, if our compound was fortified - or perhaps some other precautions were taken - the plan would be simple:

1. Have Costello investigate the hunters as I suggested previously.
2. Anonymously contact a group of said hunters that Anthony is a vampire and his home is going to be relatively undefended on a certain date and if they don't act quickly babies will be eated.
3. Wait and probably come up with nothing and end up staked while were walking about the street later on.

We're a 13th gen vampire - hunters eat guys like us for breakfast. Not to mention that once they pick up on our scent they're likely to trail us for the next 50 years or until they are dead. Though at least this way only one group of hunters would be after us.

It might be better to rat out a few unimportant kindred to said group - guys they can definitely kill or capture - weak, weaker than us if possible. Maybe 2 or 3 lesser vampires in the service of Turcov and/or one or two of the others. The hunters get them and suddenly their bosses wonder what's happening. Then the kidnapping - "WTF? Hunters are picking us off one by one!". Panic ensues. And our boy becomes the straight talking new hope for strength and protection - promising to bring the gangrel back into the fold, fight the sabbat menace, fend off the hunter threat, all while ending global warming and bringing the troops home.
:yeah:

Definitely too smart to live. Betray just for the sake of betrayal?
Betray because they can and will betray us in one way or another very soon unless we beat them to it. Even grotsnik wrote that we're "baron of whitehall (for now)"

The Camarilla vamps don't like Tony. After we killed Angie they didn't view us as a hero, but an upstart and a threat. They were disappointed we weren't really dead. Let's not live in the fantasy that we can all just 'get along', but the reality that if we don't make a move soon we'll be deep in the shit anyway.

edit: Besides, it's it a little more exciting this way? I mean, would you rather read about Tony, the nice guy who plays defense?

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Hence why it would be prudent to make a move to gain some allies. Taking extreme risks which may very well result in a blood hunt is uncalled for.

As for the hunters, I may be wrong, but I am under the impression that Sommers has no actual knowledge of hunters operating in London. In fact, their recent presence was only mentioned in the prologue. Involving them in decision-making at this stage would be similar to making one of those infamous Navarro runs.

That's why I suggested we contact Costello in order for Sommers to gain knowlege of a specific group. The fact that there are hunters in Brittan/London should be common knowlege - with all the time he's been a vamp in London, whether through rumor or seeing them himself, Tony has to have heard of 'em.

It is risky - just like killing Angie was risky - but it's not far fetched to think a team of well armed, highly trained, former military ghouls could pull off a daylight attack on an unsuspecting baron and it stands to gain us a big reward.

edit#365: Also, right now nobody, but Vogler has made a move to ally with us and our old allies are snubbing us. Doing this would gain us Vogler and his contact in Venice - the latter would make an especially powerful ally. Not to mention the fact that once the other barons are busy worrying about hunters and fighting over the newly opened territory, they might be a little more receptive to "a young ventrue who wants to help the cause in any way he can".

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
The Anglican Church has been said to prevent most hunters from entering the country, so it would seem far-fetched for Sommers to suddenly come up with a plan involving, to his knowledge, rare to non-existent social elements.

As for the ghouls, the important question is not if they could carry out an attack (although that could certainly be disputed, considering the high profile targets) but rather if they could get away with it, without leaving any traces of evidence leading back to Sommers. Personally, I very much doubt it.

And, again, I must stress that there is absolutely no good reason to engage in this suicidal plan. Sommers only stands to lose his barony, the logical thing to do is to seek to secure it by some clever politicking.

Project: Eternity
To be the jerk in the conversation, I think this is a terrible idea. If backing Vogel is like going all in at 5-1 in Vegas, this Reichstag idea is like writing hundred k IOUs to Tony and Guido while hoping to pull out an inside straight on the river.

Let’s say that things go totally right, we take and stake some low generation baron using our ghoul squad, successfully stash them, and make Vogel prince. He gives us permission to eat Eames and we get both Eames and the baron, thus lowering our generation to 6-9th.

Best case scenario, let’s look at the costs.

1. Even if we can implicate hunters for the capture of the baron, we will have to get rid of the ghoul squad. These are smart and well trained people, even if you can convince them it is for the greater good, they will start to puzzle things out, and all it takes is one pair of loose lips and it is curtains for us.
  2. Once the ghoul squad is gone, we will not be able to replace it. Besides having to explain where the first squad went, people of this caliber do not grow on trees. I would be shocked to find that Edgar did not comb through all of England to form the first team. Trying to make another would be asking Edgar to go to people and say “yeah, I know I rejected you before because you were not good enough, but the first team all died under mysterious circumstances, so do you want the job?”
  3. Speaking of Edgar, the high humanity Toreador. He sure as fuck will not go along with this plan. We can bypass him and convince the squad it is necessary (dominate), but he will find out either a pre-briefing from the squad or once the ghoul squad needs to be eliminated. At best, he will be so pissed off that he wants nothing to do with us anymore, more likely he will want turn us in (and therefore he will need to put down).
  4. What about Vogel. After all, he will be prince, he will owe us right? There is no tie of loyalty, and Anthony will have proven to (literally) be a bloodthirsty monster that will lie, steal, and murder in his never ending search for more power. At best, he will give us lip service until he figures out a way to get us (as a dangerous threat) killed.
  5. Great so now we stand unopposed at the baron of Whitehall. We have systematically betrayed and alienated literally every kindred who ever trusted us (Oscar, Kirbeck, the kindred who told us about the worm, Eames, and even Edgar). Are we going to use our new, low generation to cow all the vampires with our unparalleled might? It is not like being 6th generation will instantaneously give us the ability to fight or stand alone.
  6. Oh and in the process we will have destroyed or seriously weakened the Camarilla in London. London now is not Germany in 1939. The Camarilla in London are not angry and hungry for change while surrounded by tired and war weary nations that are willing to appease them. The anarchs alone will make a move, and the Sabbat will simply tear what remains apart.

This is the best case scenario. We stand alone, alienated from all of our colleges in a weak Camarilla that is waiting to be conquered by the Sabbat. (who I am sure really love us after assassinating Angelos)

Now let’s look at the risks.

1. We screw up setting up the hunters as patsy’s. Result: Anthony either gets killed by them or punished by the Camarilla for flagrant masquerade violations.
  2. The ghoul squad fails. Either they don’t capture their target, refuse to go and rat us out (it’s entirely possible that there are one or more spies already in it), get one or more members captured or killed, or leave behind enough evidence that they can be traced back to us. Result: Anthony gets executed.
  3. Edgar decides that he does not like the monster we have become. Result: he reveals Anthony, who gets executed.
  4. Vogel does not make prince. Result: Since Anthony backed the wrong horse, he does not get to eat Eames, and is stuck with a staked baron in his basement. Oh, and he likely loses his barony. Perhaps he can keep the staked baron the closet of his apartment.
  5. In the general chaos Anthony creates someone decides to target the weakest baron, who is also completely without connections. Result: Anthony dies.
  6. The greatly weakened Camarilla is unable to stop the inevitable Sabbat attack. Result: Anthony dies.

At best this Reichstag idea is the very epitome of a Pyrrhic victory. However given the number of risks and moving parts the most likely result is that it all goes cross-eyed and Anthony is executed or killed on some gruesome manner before he can destroy the Camarilla in London.

The Anglican Church has been said to prevent most hunters from entering the country, so it would seem far-fetched for Sommers to suddenly come up with a plan involving, to his knowledge, rare to non-existent social elements.
Most, but not all. Hunters are a fact of vampire unlife. The fact that they are rare is even better. Why? Because that means the local vamps aren't used to being hunted. Which means the prospect will seem all the more terrifying.
As for the ghouls, the important question is not if they could carry out an attack (although that could certainly be disputed, considering the high profile targets) but rather if they could get away with it, without leaving any traces of evidence leading back to Sommers. Personally, I very much doubt it.
And who in their right mind is going to suspect some lowly 13th gen poseur of having the resources to kidnap and/or kill a baron? Nobody knows about the team, but Anthony's kine connection and Eddie. If anyone else did they'd have made a bigger deal about it by now.
And, again, I must stress that there is absolutely no good reason to engage in this suicidal plan. Sommers only stands to lose his barony, the logical thing to do is to seek to secure it by some clever politicking.
No good reason? Not keeping our barony? Not creating powerful allies out of thin air? Not dramatically increasing our status? Not the possibility of lowering our gen? Not the fact that our barony is going to up for grabs and the one of the candidates might trade it away for more support in becoming prince?

I'm willing to listen though. What's your strategy for securing the barony?

lol Alright, I am spending way too much time on this...
Let’s say that things go totally right, we take and stake some low generation baron using our ghoul squad, successfully stash them, and make Vogel prince. He gives us permission to eat Eames and we get both Eames and the baron, thus lowering our generation to 6-9th.

1 &2. Simple solution - have them storm a sabbat stronghold and die. But is it really neccessary to kill them? These are professional black ops types - used to keeping secrets no doubt. So what if they figure out they're killing vamps?

3. This point is sorta fair, but Eddie's helped us frame 2 innocent people to protect a murding child molester so I'm not sure how high his humanity really is. What if we don't tell him we plan to eat the baron? We could tell him we want to store her safely without ever showing our face. "Once everything has died down", we tell him, "we'll 'find' her staked in a hunters hideout and 'rescue' her."

4. Maybe. Turcov certainly seems to think along the same lines, but that's one reason I suggested we not tell him our plan. Again, it's not neccessary for him to know.
5. Apart from Edgar, that's already the situation which is why the plan is called for.
6. So losing one baron destroys the Camarilla? By that logic they've already lost a prince and two barons, so they're fucked as it is.

Yes, our failure results in death, but Sommers can't live forever and this is at least a chance to step foward. If we don't take a chance then we'll never get anywhere, Sommers will lose the barony and the let's play will become stale - effectively killing him anyway.
This is the best case scenario. We stand alone, alienated from all of our colleges in a weak Camarilla that is waiting to be conquered by the Sabbat. (who I am sure really love us after assassinating Angelos)
In the best case: We'd secure Whitehall. We'd have allies in our new prince and his contact in Venice. We'd have a powerful political possition (Seneschal) and have lowered our gen by a staggering amount considering we're currently a nobody. Wether we lose all current allies (all 2 or 3 of them) and the squad along the way or not those gains are pretty big.

Project: Eternity
lol Alright, I am spending way too much time on this...

1 &2. Simple solution - have them storm a sabbat stronghold and die. But is it really neccessary to kill them? These are professional black ops types - used to keeping secrets no doubt. So what if they figure out they're killing vamps?

3. This point is sorta fair, but Eddie's helped us frame 2 innocent people to protect a murding child molester so I'm not sure how high his humanity really is. What if we don't tell him we plan to eat the baron? We could tell him we want to store her safely without ever showing our face. "Once everything has died down", we tell him, "we'll 'find' her staked in a hunters hideout and 'rescue' her."

4. Maybe. Turcov certainly seems to think along the same lines, but that's one reason I suggested we not tell him our plan. Again, it's not neccessary for him to know.
5. Apart from Edgar, that's already the situation which is why the plan is called for.
6. So losing one baron destroys the Camarilla? By that logic they've already lost a prince and two barons, so they're fucked as it is.

Yes, our failure results in death, but Sommers can't live forever and this is at least a chance to step foward. If we don't take a chance then we'll never get anywhere, Sommers will lose the barony and the let's play will become stale - effectively killing him anyway.
In the best case: We'd secure Whitehall. We'd have allies in our new prince and his contact in Venice. We'd have a powerful political possition (Seneschal) and have lowered our gen by a staggering amount considering we're currently a nobody. Wether we lose all current allies (all 2 or 3 of them) and the squad along the way or not those gains are pretty big.

Actually the reason Venice is coming here at all is because our shenagigans have destabalized the Camarilla to the point the the powers that be are worried. The situation is already unstable, I see this pushing us to outright civil war.

Of course, I am only one of the voices of reason in Anthony's head. He has frequently disreguarded that little voice before.

Gondolin

Arcane
All right, people, let's put the torch aside and leave the Reichstag unmolested for a while. Maybe we should focus on meeting other candidates, not to mention some bankers.

Actually the reason Venice is coming here at all is because our shenagigans have destabalized the Camarilla to the point the the powers that be are worried. The situation is already unstable, I see this pushing us to outright civil war.

Of course, I am only one of the voices of reason in Anthony's head. He has frequently disreguarded that little voice before.
Well, I'd say you're a voice of caution at least. Again you have a some very good points. I was just throwing out a counter argument. Not saying you're wrong or that I'm right. Ultimately everyone will vote one way or the other.
Lambchop is the new Laclongquan.
Uncalled for. :lol:

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I guess people are bored and are willing to put Anthony into do or die situations for the lulz.

I don't see how vampires could survive for decades/centuries by taking those kinds of risks.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yeah I'm pretty sure the Amaranth course will end up on madness or death or exile (to hide the telltale aura) or bloodhunt - but the plot seems boring right now - we either get someone else to be prince by heroic effort, hunt down some hunters or do nothing and desperately try to hold on to our turf. The Sabbat is too fucking quiet (they kinda serve the same purpose here as pagans in Crusader Kings).

On the other hand, the conversion to bloodthirsty monster has various challenges, not least among them to manage our high humanity and allies, don't get caught, handle the fallout, beat back the inevitable opportunism from the other 2 factions. It seems fun, in a suicidal way.

BTW: we can "kill" ourselves. We ARE a baron after all. More, we are one without many people around.
1) We arrange a exile with Vogler
2) We get "kidnapped"
3) We suck on a baron or powerful vampire (or vice-versa with the preceding, whichever is less suspicious)
4) Vogler capitalizes on the panic, maybe by destroying a band of hunters
5) Prince Vogler "forgives" but "exiles" Eanes into our hands. We can either eat her soul or make her our bloodbonded bitch.
6) We go into hiding, with the favor of the new Prince.
7) After years when the black aura disappeared and the situation is stable (maybe we could learn Thaumaturgy from one of the best?), we are "found" in torpor. Barony-less, but...

I swear i've already come with a similar plan two times already though. Deja-vu-ing pretty fucking hard right now. And it depends too much on the goodwill (and political ability) of a probable asshole too.

Esquilax

Arcane
At best this Reichstag idea is the very epitome of a Pyrrhic victory. However given the number of risks and moving parts the most likely result is that it all goes cross-eyed and Anthony is executed or killed on some gruesome manner before he can destroy the Camarilla in London.

After thinking about it some more, you're absolutely right. Sorry for trolling you bros, but as it is, the plan is shit. Way too many moving parts to keep track of. However, it would still be nice to use our ghoul squad to further our position if the stars align somehow. For the moment, we should focus on making our Barony a permanent one. I nevertheless think our 13th generation status is a serious hindrance to our development - if we are going to move up in the world, especially as a Ventrue that relies on maintaining control via DOMINATE, we are going to need more potent blood. And maybe make friends with a few Tremere who are willing to cast a ritual that hides our diablerie streaks.

I'm willing to shelve the plan for now, but I think that there is definitely is something we can potentially pull off. The biggest problems are "Why send in our guys to do it?", "Why expose ourselves to Hunters considering our Ventrue's reliance on secrecy?", and "How the fuck are we going to keep our hands clean?". Let's see if we can't revise at and create a Reichstag Plot 2.0 that is simpler, safer and relies on less assumptions

As for the other candidates, here are my thoughts:

Julian Fox

A really popular Prince will probably opt to get rid of an unpopular Baron rather quickly.

The Pellmell Queen

Could be very good for us. It would be a good reason to renovate the mithraeum so she can "speak" to him in grand and dramatic fashion in front of everyone. This one seems really charismatic, and I think having her around is pretty much the only way to arrange a party in the mithraeum without seeming like a tasteless douchebag.

Amelia Britt

Her talk of "cleaning London up" is concerning. Other than that, I'm not sure.

Tarquin

This guy sounds pretty cool (by far the most bro candidate), but judging from our rocky relationship with Kirkbeck, I think he would terrible for our interests. It's common knowledge that after du Marchais was ashed after we came to power in Whitehall. The problem is that du Marchais and Kirkbeck were schoolmates, and it is likely that both men knew Tarquin. Tarquin would likely be displeased that some young brat now occupies the position where his dead friend's closest ally was. Avoid this guy.

Palomides

Probably bad for us; doesn't know the city, therefore he doesn't know about our power with political contacts, and even if he did, doubt he'd give a shit. Will probably boot us out unless we get a ton of support from other factions (i.e. Tremere, other Barons vouching for us).

Brother David

If we ally ourselves with this guy, it could be very, very good for us. However, the main concern is being associated with Eames - I don't want our past dealings with her being used by other Kindred to accuse us of being a Tremere pawn. It's very fortunate that she fired off a ball of acid directly at us before she was taken in - hopefully that'll be enough to prove to everybody that we aren't sucking up to the Tremere. It seems like Anthony and the Tremere are the friendless nerds in class getting picked on by the cool kids, so we might as well stick together, right? Even if this guy doesn't become Prince, making connections with the Tremere at a time that nobody else is seems like a fantastic idea.

Eda Sly

DIABLERIZE HER!!!! :yeah:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom