Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play VtM: Night Empire

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I believe that Vogler should take the credit for every victory we achieve in the coming nights.

I'm not entirelly comfortable with this idea. Reminds me of our relationship with Eames too much. Obviously the situation is a bit different, but is it different enough? Are we really sure Vogler will do good by us?

Esquilax

Arcane
I'm not entirelly comfortable with this idea. Reminds me of our relationship with Eames too much. Obviously the situation is a bit different, but is it different enough? Are we really sure Vogler will do good by us?

We were living in Eames' Chantry as a virtual prisoner, while Vogler approached us for an alliance because he needs our help to become Prince. We were disposable to Eames, but Vogler needs us if he is ever to have a shot at becoming Prince. Our working relationship with Vogler is far more equitable than it ever was with Eames. I'm not saying I trust the guy 100% - in fact, I am pretty sure there was something he wasn't telling us about what happened at Malmedy - he is hardly in the position to be able to fuck us over.

However, maybe I was taking things a little too far, as Gondolin mentioned. The idea of a Gangrel being Prince is one thing, but the idea that a Gangrel found a whole bunch of offshore Giovanni accounts is quite another. :lol: But I hardly think there's a problem with, say, attacking a Sabbat den and saying that Vogler's people were able to determine the location for us. My point is that if we want to work towards gaining support for him in the city, he has to (a) look good, and (b) we have to be in the position where we can make him look good. If we are out there pulling off a risky and highly effective operation like we did with Sculptor Angelos, we can't be letting people know what a great job we did. With Angelos it was sort of unavoidable because we needed a major success to cement our entrance into Whitehall, but from now on, we should downplay our role in any major operations as much as possible. We don't want the other Barons seeing us as a threat, we want them to see us as a way to become successful by throwing their support at our candidate.

At this point given our tenuous position as Baron and our unpopularity, taking credit for any future successes publicly seems like a great way of painting a bullseye on ourselves. And we can't exactly be in a position to make Vogler look good if everybody is jealous of our success and wants us to gtfo of Whitehall.

The beauty of it is that because of our audience with the envoy, Iacomo will think that we had more involvement in the operation than we really let on. Which, in this case, will only work to our benefit. He is clearly not too hot on the idea of having a Gangrel as Prince of such a prized Camarilla city like London, so if he knows that we're the ones behind Vogler really pulling the strings, then he will be far more comfortable with it. We get another Ventrue on board like Eda Sly, and suddenly we've got what looks like a very promising puppet candidate with a great Ventrue support base.

ironyuri

I think what most worries me that I put in my post, and just to reiterate:

Giving Fellowes to Iacomo as a bodyguard, and putting both under day-watch by Turcov's ghouls, means that they will effectively be hostages and incredibly, if not totally, vulnerable while in torpor. We would need some contingency plan to ensure Turcov cannot move against them.

Also, on an unrelated point, I think it would not be a bad idea to find the Pell Mell Queen, but we shouldn't invite her to the Mithraeum. Pushing her toward prophesy has backfired in the past, what we need to do, is get her in a room with Turcov (maybe another meeting of the Barons), and just let her say whatever she wants (by this I mean, we organise it indirectly so that Sommers is relatively unknown to her). Chances are she'd cause Turcov to lose his shit, as much as a compartmentalising Ventrue could.

laclongquan

Arcane
There are two sides of this direction:

Lend Fellowes to babysit Archon, an action they both hate. it's possible that Fellowes will make Archon more favourable to us, but it's definite that they both hate the circumstance. And we react to Turcov's move, a bad thing in term of battles.

Lend Fellowes to be hunter-hunter for Archon. This means you sidestep the moves Turcov pulled. You dont get the dubious possiblity that Fellowes generate goodwill for Anthony, but you lose the bad impression of imprisoning the Envoy. You can call in your contacts to help Fellowes hunt more effectively. BUT, and this is important, BUT you should think twice about lending the Wistman team for anti-hunter purpose, as their original founding purpose is to kill "bad vamps", which we mean Sabbat. Let them hunt humans and it could have dangerous repercussion down the road, both from them and from government.

And the common downside of both is that you no longer have a ready, willing, and effective tool in attacking Sabbat. Fellowes no longer with the team, and however effective they might be, Wistman is a oneshot weapon. They dont have the stamina for more due to battle attrition or barons' counterattacks. You need to command/control them directly and spend them on a Sabbat target soon.

Also, on an unrelated point, I think it would not be a bad idea to find the Pell Mell Queen, but we shouldn't invite her to the Mithraeum. Pushing her toward prophesy has backfired in the past, what we need to do, is get her in a room with Turcov (maybe another meeting of the Barons), and just let her say whatever she wants (by this I mean, we organise it indirectly so that Sommers is relatively unknown to her). Chances are she'd cause Turcov to lose his shit, as much as a compartmentalising Ventrue could.

Good idea and I can pull for that.

Random Word

Arbiter
MCA Project: Eternity
BUT, and this is important, BUT you should think twice about lending the Wistman team for anti-hunter purpose, as their original founding purpose is to kill "bad vamps", which we mean Sabbat. Let them hunt humans and it could have dangerous repercussion down the road, both from them and from government.

I don't follow your argument here. This unit was assembled for covertly neutralizing nebulously defined supernatural horrors, true enough, but they'll hardly balk at neutralizing a group of terrorists with suspected supernatural connections. They barely know what a vampire is, I hardly see how they would balk at the idea of apprehending or engaging ghouls or humans. These hunters are paramilitaries operating with illegal weapons in the UK, using them to harass, kidnap, and even kill UK citizens - the Government certainly won't complain about being fed a halted terrorist plot on a silver platter, and the Camarilla are hardly about to complain that the hunters who attacked the Archon have met a suitable end. I forsee none of your poorly defined repercussions should Wistman be employed against the hunters for some reason.

Wistman is a oneshot weapon. They dont have the stamina for more due to battle attrition or barons' counterattacks. You need to command/control them directly and spend them on a Sabbat target soon.

Why exactly will the Barons be attacking these men? They have no reason to believe they're ghouls, as far as they're concerned this is a Kine counterterrorism operation, which may have been orchestrated by Sommers. They won't even know who these men are unless they're used to attack someone in the Camarilla, something no one has suggested for some time. Would you expect every Baron in London to know the names of a SWAT team if it launched a raid in the city? It's beneath their notice. Commanding them directly is absurd - give them precisely defined objectives and leave it to their commanding officer to find the best way to achieve them. This is what these people do, they're very good at it and any attempt by Sommers to micromanage them will only cause confusion and operational inflexibility.

I don't see any particularly pressing reason to attack the Sabbat at this moment, either.

laclongquan

Arcane
Let's assume for the sake of argument, you send the squad attacking a group of Society of Leopold hunters.
- One, they are here in London mean they have local support/influence, acquaintance, man of contact, etc... They are not local, see, so they need all those.
- Two, the minute they are attacked by a group of humans, no sign of superhuman powers at all, they will know this group is under command of their enemy, the vamps. Remember, they are here illegal, true, but without at least custom's support they can not get in with their weapons. And if government detect them they can just issue warrants out to police. No no, if they are attacked, the attackers are under vamps.
- Three, the attackers will be using government-issued weaponry, oh yeah, and apparently with government training, either from army or spec-op. This also can not be hidden in short time. IF they are under Anthony's command for a long time he prolly can issue them different weapons and have them trained on that sufficiently. In short term like now, they must use the weapons they know best, which are all government-issued.
- Four, with that info, SoL's contacts can use that to track which group of troops. Which leak back to Trentbridge, and our man Sommers.

See, that avenue of investigation alone identify Sommers immediately.

And we are not even talking about a Scotland Yard effort to track down superhuman factors in London. Or the Mandrake question.

EDIT: and just because you can not see why we have no reason to attack Sabbat immediately... well, that's just you. I can name three reasons: Archon; consolidation Anthony's standing with the southern barons by showcasing our power in attacking their enemy; and True Camarilla purpose.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Giving Fellowes to Iacomo as a bodyguard, and putting both under day-watch by Turcov's ghouls, means that they will effectively be hostages and incredibly, if not totally, vulnerable while in torpor. We would need some contingency plan to ensure Turcov cannot move against them.

I've given this some thought .Come now. The Archon would have to be beyond retarded, beyond BioWEAr even, to accept someone else's ghouls as his daytime security! He may accept Turcov's ghouls though, and feed them some his own ancient and potent vitae. Guess which loyalty will prevail after that?

Why exactly will the Barons be attacking these men? They have no reason to believe they're ghouls,

Level 2 Auspex power: Aura Perception. Reveals all. Magi, Lupines, Cainites, mortals and ghouls alike. Liars, nervous people, schisophreniacs, whatever floats your boat. And I bet every Baron worth his salt either has Auspex 2 himself, or employs someone who has it himself. Case in point, even Anthony, shunned though he is, employs Eddie, who just HAS to have it.

But that is all beside the point. The other Barons, Turcov in particular, might want to deprive us of *any* of our tools. It doesn't matter whether they're ghouls or mortals, what matters is that they're of use to us. Yes, they can't do so within the bounds of Camarilla law (Turcov just admitted to the Archon that he has armed ghouls of his own! This is merely standard practice.), but that doesn't mean they won't try anyway. It'll just take them more time and effort to accomplish.

Esquilax

Arcane
What I'm curious about is what Turcov seems to be trying to gain from all of this - why all this fuss about Eddie? Unless it's an elaborate ruse, Eddie has demonstrated his loyalty to us on two occasions so far; first when he told us that Turcov had attempted to bribe him with future promises of being Sheriff, and now when he told us that Turcov called him regarding the envoy. Surely Turcov must know by now that Eddie is solidly with us, so why all the attention? I'm inclined to agree with Storyfag that Turcov simply wants to deprive us of a resource without appearing hostile.

Storyfag: Has your mind changed regarding what I mentioned about letting Vogler take the credit?

I don't see any particularly pressing reason to attack the Sabbat at this moment, either.

For the record, I was just using "attacking a Sabbat den" as an example. If our intel provides us with a chance to attack a vulnerable Sabbat target, and subsequently leverage that victory for political gain, we should certainly do it. But unless that's the case, let those dickheads south of the river fend for themselves. They should have kept the Sabbat in check after we took out Angelos - if they want us to come in now, they better bring something to the table (i.e. support for Vogler, Kine connections).

Now, as for your suggestion to deflect Turcov's attempts at subterfuge by offering Eddie up as an investigator instead of a bodyguard - it's clever. But the question we have to ask is whether Eddie is more useful to us as an investigator than he is as someone close to the Archon. And I'm not sure that he is - right now we need to come in contact with the newspaper editor who authorized the Mandrake article, which is something Eddie can't help us with. I'm more inclined to (P) William Horn to get to the bottom of this. Let's weigh out the pros and cons.

Bodyguard Pros
  • Turcov will think he's won. He'll be more inclined to underestimate us, so he'll ignore us while we make friends in the meantime. He probably won't even be alarmed if we start making friendly overtures towards Eda Sly if he thinks we're a fool who he outmaneuvered. His guard will be down.
  • Eddie is a great ambassador for Sommers and his presence will make us look good. He can relay anthing he knows about Turcov back to us as well.

Bodyguard Cons
  • Can't use Eddie for anything else while he's with the Archon.

Investigator Pros
  • Turcov's move will backfire on him. It's a tactful way of deflecting Turcov's suggestion and looking like a proactive and effective Baron to the Archon. Instead of paying lip-service, we offer up a solution on how to get shit done. He'll respect that. Our stock will rise, and so with it, Vogler's. We should keep in mind that because of Vogler's Oscar-worthy performance when meeting with Iacomo, as far as the Archon is concerned, we're the ones running for Prince.
Investigator Cons
  • How would we use Eddie as an investigator? It seems as though William Horn and our Kine contacts might be more useful in finding out Mandrake and getting to the bottom of it than Eddie will.
  • Turcov will be pissed that we outsmarted him. Not getting what he wants now might start making him dig deeper to find out about our ghoul squad, conspiring with the other Barons to make us seem incompetent to the Archon, etc.

Random Word

Arbiter
I'm not even sure why I'm arguing this, as I don't think it's even been suggested we raid the SoL with Wistman, but if we were to do so I believe your counterarguments are flawed.

So, let's take these one by one:

Let's assume for the sake of argument, you send the squad attacking a group of Society of Leopold hunters.
- One, they are here in London mean they have local support/influence, acquaintance, man of contact, etc... They are not local, see, so they need all those.

They're in London - this does not actually imply they have local support or influence. It's possible they do, but given their motivations and background it seems unlikely. We've established the dominant local Christian factions aren't on good terms with the American sects to which these men belong. Government contacts seem even less likely. These men are religious extremists who likely believe the current world order corrupt and decadent, and seek to distance themselves as much as possible from it, and their Society has historically had no foothold in the UK from which to establish said contacts.

- Two, the minute they are attacked by a group of humans, no sign of superhuman powers at all, they will know this group is under command of their enemy, the vamps. Remember, they are here illegal, true, but without at least custom's support they can not get in with their weapons.

Smuggling weapons into the country doesn't require friends in Customs - though they can certainly help. If one is really interested in making landfall with arms all that's necessary is a boat capable of crossing the Atlantic, something these people could easily obtain.

And if government detect them they can just issue warrants out to police. No no, if they are attacked, the attackers are under vamps.

What makes you think there won't be warrants? Wistman is a Government secret, but is still under the auspices of Her Majesty, and is funded by Her Majesty's Treasury. We follow normal counterterrorism proceedures, fill out all the right paperwork, and round them up and toss them wherever the Brits toss their terrorists. From there they're completely at our mercy.

- Three, the attackers will be using government-issued weaponry, oh yeah, and apparently with government training, either from army or spec-op. This also can not be hidden in short time. IF they are under Anthony's command for a long time he prolly can issue them different weapons and have them trained on that sufficiently. In short term like now, they must use the weapons they know best, which are all government-issued.

Yes, precisely, that all holds true because they really are from the Government. This is not a problem. We don't want to change their equipment or tactics, because we want this to look like a Government raid.

- Four, with that info, SoL's contacts can use that to track which group of troops. Which leak back to Trentbridge, and our man Sommers.

See, that avenue of investigation alone identify Sommers immediately.

The SoL will know a British Counterterrorism unit apprehended their people. That's it. Every Counterterrorism unit in the UK 'leads back to Trentbridge' in the sense that he's the head of the Treasury, and as such funds every Government activity in the UK. This is meaningless. One might as well claim Anthony is personally responsible for the NIH and deserves a huge Humanity boost because Trentbridge pays for it.

Level 2 Auspex power: Aura Perception. Reveals all.

Definitely, the crux of my argument isn't that should they be interested they can't identify the ghouls, my point is that it's simply impractical to examine every human in London and unless we give them one there's no reason for them to single out Wistman for examination while they're performing duties well in keeping with their role as a counterterrorism unit.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Been out of town a while. Will someone please tell me why we haven't eaten Griddle yet?

I'm all for (P) William Horn. If we do use Eddie as an investigator that would keep him free to manage the squad - after all, just cuz we say he's going to investigate the hunters doesn't mean he actually has to do it. Here's what I was thinking:

1. We say something like, "Capital idea, Turkey! 'cept I was thinking of sending Eddie to deal with the hunter's directly. With my kine connections I'd probably find him before you could anyway." The Archon probably won't care as he just said he didn't need protection against hunters and we'd look like we're trying to make ourselves useful instead of just sucking up the way Turkov is - which the Archon seems to hate.

2. Horn get's us the info and Eddie and the squad ice the hunters. At this point Turkov will look a lot like we did when du Marchais showed us up at the beginning of the let's play.

3. After the hunters are dead, we reveal the squad and offer to use them to take care of the sabbat problem. (Why reveal them at all? Cuz grotsnik's writing hints that if we don't use them soon they could become a liability.) We look proactive as hell while Turkov looks like a scheming fool interested more in politicking than the good of the Camerilla. Exactly the sort of thing that got us into this mess - we could say...

laclongquan

Arcane
Random Word, have you got trouble with reading comprehension?

For the 1st, read the fucking prologue. They got the support of Bishop of Oxford , that we know for sure. From that it can translate into contact in London easily.
They're in London - this does not actually imply they have local support or influence. It's possible they do, but given their motivations and background it seems unlikely. We've established the dominant local Christian factions aren't on good terms with the American sects to which these men belong. Government contacts seem even less likely. These men are religious extremists who likely believe the current world order corrupt and decadent, and seek to distance themselves as much as possible from it, and their Society has historically had no foothold in the UK from which to establish said contacts.
If you think a secret hunter group would establish formal relationship with formal structured organizations like churches, you are dreaming. It take one dominated human, or blood addicted ghoulified member, and all secrets got spills. Their relations, by necessity, will be top secret, and on personal need-to-know case-by-case basis.
Smuggling weapons into the country doesn't require friends in Customs - though they can certainly help. If one is really interested in making landfall with arms all that's necessary is a boat capable of crossing the Atlantic, something these people could easily obtain.

They will be at least of 5-man strength. My estimate is 7, though possibly 10. Less than that and they risk total wipe-out during one normal confrontation with one Kindred. And if you think bringing normal outfits for a squad in one trip is easy you obviously never try to organize such thing. Tell you what. You name necessary resources needed to maintain operational conditions of 5 man in hostile environment, enough weapons for 3 firefights, medical first aid and emergency treatment, and emergency foods. Transfer all those from boat to the locations require at least one local very competent on both hiring, transport, local estates.

--------
What makes you think there won't be warrants? Wistman is a Government secret, but is still under the auspices of Her Majesty, and is funded by Her Majesty's Treasury. We follow normal counterterrorism proceedures, fill out all the right paperwork, and round them up and toss them wherever the Brits toss their terrorists. From there they're completely at our mercy.'
If Anthony can arrange such things to inconvenience them in such a way that is completely legal and aboveboard, and suspicion-free, then okay. But there's just one suspicious thing going on and the hunters will jump on that lead with the tenacity of a hunting hound. I see no info about such perfect scheme.

When we are a hunter, and a group of government spec op attack us, the 1st thing you do after surviving such is to investigate that group: who issued the GO command? Is he a ghoul? Who issued the paperworks allow that group to operate in that instance? can he be interrogated to ensure he's no ghoul? we got local contacts, hell, we got Bishop of Oxford, we can ask him to link us with powerful figures in government to start asking. Well, who is that chap at Scotland Yard? Can you recommend us to him, Bishop? That kind of actions.

When the SY link with the hunters, shit will really hit the fan. And as a Camarilla baron, it's our responsibility to keep that from happening and contain the damage once it does.

Your basic argument is that there really should be no leak, no damage that you can see so therefore it's not going to happen. Chap, it's going to happen. When you send Wistman at the hunters, both hunters and Scotland Yard WILL TRACE THEM.

Random Word

Arbiter
They kidnapped his wife and invaded his house - I agree it's possible he decided to side with them, but that's not at all certain. This isn't the 17th century, either, a Bishop isn't a powerful political figure. He might play golf with some important people, but his influence over them is limited to expressing an opinion or asking for a minor favour for a friend.

Given the UK is a first world nation and the Hunters can easily blend in with the locals the only supplies that must be transported are those which cannot be purchased - firearms, ammunition, explosives which can't be made on site, etc. Your average fishing trawler can easily carry far more than the two dozen assault rifles and sidearms plus ten or more clips for each required for your thought experiment. Stock for explosives, or finished explosives, can be transported as well. Logistical support is as simple as visiting the corner store. Medical supplies for first aid can be obtained legally 'in the field'. As far as transportation goes, a local truck rental can provide all the carrying capacity needed to move the arms to the established safehouse. I think their logistical situation is the least of their problems here.

Sommers has more than enough power to authorize a counterterrorism raid. I do thank you for pointing me to the prologue, though, as I've realized that Trentbridge is not the head of the Treasury, that was Horn, and I'm not certain what position he holds in the Treasury. While it is theoretically possible one or more of the hunters may escape the raid, why would Scotland Yard be investigating who authorized a counterterrorism operation? That's a little bit above the Metropolitan Police, it would be trivial for Sommers to shut down that investigation if someone in the Metropolitan Police were crazy enough to even try it. I can't imagine why anyone in the MP would be at all interested in pursuing an investigation of some crazy alleged conspiracy to arrest a group of terrorists in the highest echelons of the British government.

Trying to interrogate highly placed British civil servants and domestic security personnel is easier said than done. The first thing any escaped hunters would do is go to ground and try and escape the country to try again another day, not attempt suicidal stabs in the dark.

ironyuri

Hey, bros. I was thinking about this last night-

How about we start looking around for a suitable Childe? If we still have permission to sire, and we're giving up Fellowes for a while, we might as well make an ally ourselves. Surely we could find some up-and-coming Ed Milliband type, but preferably a female, because we have too many bros around as it is.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I don't think this is the time. Maybe on a sort of interlude when we conclude this whole kingmaking business.

laclongquan

Arcane
So you havent got the faintest idea about logistic concerns. Let me talk about a few things first. This is an outline, not detailed list

- Clothes. you dont want going outside in combat armors. Among other things, you will alert potential targets that yes, these guys are bad news and should be ghoulify soonest to find out what kind of bad news they are. That means fitting clothes for at least 5 guys, two outfits EACH at least. They must be reasonably fitting, because haphazard clothings betray "ALERT! WE ARE INCONIGTO!". Now, their personal clothes work fine, which mean you are talking about transport their clothes along with their weapons ==> increase demand on their transport capability. ACtually, this is a huge assumption onmy part because they are SoL hunters, monk/priest in other words, right? Synonym to Out-of-place clothes. IF you want to buy local clothes, you will need to, either send them out to buy clothes on their own, or get a clothier to their base to measure their bodies. Both has its own drawbacks. Among other things, either they need some local guides, or one guy who knows a closemouthed clothier. See why I said they need local support?

- Foods. If they buy food locally they increase their personal traces all over the places and make for easier to be detected by Kindred's network. 5 guys at least, remember? If they go out in smaller number to buy foods, they increase the risk of being attacked in details. If they go out in force, they get huge exposure. And call for takeout foods has its own problem too. ON THE OTHER HAND, if they bring their own foods, that increase demands on their transport capability.

An action team going to a place always have their own local support. There's no such thing as NO local support, because either that mean you are a local yourself, or you going in heavily crippled in your ability to operate.

ironyuri

So you havent got the faintest idea about logistic concerns. Let me talk about a few things first. This is an outline, not detailed list

- Clothes. you dont want going outside in combat armors. Among other things, you will alert potential targets that yes, these guys are bad news and should be ghoulify soonest to find out what kind of bad news they are. That means fitting clothes for at least 5 guys, two outfits EACH at least. They must be reasonably fitting, because haphazard clothings betray "ALERT! WE ARE INCONIGTO!". Now, their personal clothes work fine, which mean you are talking about transport their clothes along with their weapons ==> increase demand on their transport capability. IF you want to buy local clothes, you will need to, either send them out to buy clothes on their own, or get a clothier to their base to measure their bodies. Both has its own drawbacks. Among other things, either they need some local guides, or one guy who knows a closemouthed clothier. See why I said they need local support?

- Foods. If they buy food locally they increase their personal traces all over the places and make for easier to be detected by Kindred's network. 5 guys at least, remember? If they go out in smaller number to buy foods, they increase the risk of being attacked in details. If they go out in force, they get huge exposure. And call for takeout foods has its own problem too. ON THE OTHER HAND, if they bring their own foods, that increase demands on their transport capability.

An action team going to a place always have their own local support. There's no such thing as NO local support, because either that mean you are a local yourself, or you going in heavily crippled in your ability to operate.

Lac what you just wrote is absolutely ridiculous.

Five random dudes turning up in London might as well be backpackers or tourists. They wouldn't be out in body armour and they just need to nip into Top Shop or H&M for a few cheap outfits, if they need to. If they use cash what personal trace are they leaving? The Society of Leopold is an offshoot of the Catholic church which would have more than enough money and property to put up a few hunters completely incognito. Ridiculous.

:P

Esquilax

Arcane
I don't think this is the time. Maybe on a sort of interlude when we conclude this whole kingmaking business have staked and diablerised Turcov to ensure that we Embrace a childe of potent blood. *sniff* She'll have all the advantages in unlife we never did!

I agree with Excidium, now's not the time, as exciting as the prospect is. And fuck, those bankers are useful pawns but hardly :obviously: enough to be suitable material for the Embrace. Perhaps someone from the SIS, as Random Word said.

And yeah, a girl. Our list of contacts is a total sausage fest - I thought Anthony was handsome, rich and charming, this is fucking pathetic. Our boy should be swimming in pussy here.

On an unrelated note, laclongquan might be ridiculous, but I don't care. He is a bro regardless. If it weren't for him bringing it up, we would never had many thorough discussions about the mysterious nature of THE VASE. I can't imagine this fine saga without THE VASE. In fact, it's presence is so powerful that it's even found it's way in Storyfag's LP. Is it the same vase, I wonder? Could it be that Anthony Sommers once held an ancient vase owned by the Lasombra Antediluvian? Is that why Dubrik initially wanted him dead? How did it find it's way to Warsaw?

What I'm really asking is: will there be a Warsaw by Night/Night Empire crossover? Featuring the inevitable encounter between Richard Morris and Anthony Sommers: parted by Sect alliegances, but drawn by an unquenchable desire for one another. BioWare fans will call it the greatest thing ever written. Make it happen boys. Sommers/Morris slashfic time.

laclongquan

Arcane
Chap, you said it yourself "The Society of Leopold is an offshoot of the Catholic church which would have more than enough money and property to put up a few hunters completely incognito." Property, chap. Base? Local support, in other words, perhaps?

ironyuri

I don't think this is the time. Maybe on a sort of interlude when we conclude this whole kingmaking business have staked and diablerised Turcov to ensure that we Embrace a childe of potent blood. *sniff* She'll have all the advantages in unlife we never did!

I agree with Excidium, now's not the time, as exciting as the prospect is. And fuck, those bankers are useful pawns but hardly :obviously: enough to be suitable material for the Embrace. Perhaps someone from the SIS, as Random Word said.

And yeah, a girl. Our list of contacts is a total sausage fest - I thought Anthony was handsome, rich and charming, this is fucking pathetic. Our boy should be swimming in pussy here slurping up a forest of pussy.

On an unrelated note, laclongquan might be ridiculous, but I don't care. He is a bro regardless. If it weren't for him bringing it up, we would never had many thorough discussions about the mysterious nature of THE VASE. I can't imagine this fine saga without THE VASE. In fact, it's presence is so powerful that it's even found it's way in Storyfag's LP. Is it the same vase, I wonder? Could it be that Anthony Sommers once held an ancient vase owned by the Lasombra Antediluvian? Is that why Dubrik initially wanted him dead? How did it find it's way to Warsaw?

I could go on for hours here.

I agree it's not the best time to embrace someone, but I feel like it would certainly spice things up. I guess it's best to wait and see if we ever DO get an opportunity to significantly lower our generation.

edit- i should clarify my point: I don't mean we should embrace right now, but we should maybe start searching for suitable candidates and vetting them, a la the Giovanni scene in VtM:Bloodlines.

When we eventually do embrace we need to know the kine we're embracing will make a useful childe, because it will be up to Sommers to guide him/her through the fledgling and neonate phase.

It wouldn't hurt us to start looking around for someone, even if we wait til our position is solid to actually embrace them.

Edi2- the reason this was on my mind is because I started wondering where is Sommers' sire and whatever happened to her ?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Bros, bros, I just watched Twilight and have a LOT of ideas to improve this LP. First we need to get a copious amount of body glitter for Anthony to wear. THEN we'll find someone like Bella to become our Childe. You guise wanted to select a girl, right? AND I have an idea how to best bond with the Archon. Let's ask him to play BASEBALL!

:troll:

grotsnik

Arcane
Pfffft. In the UK, only schoolgirls play baseball. Or 'rounders', as we confusingly call it.

...wait, why were you watching Twilight?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom