Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play VtM: Night Empire

laclongquan

Arcane
G) Currently Eddie is our most reliable resource. If our being there give him a chance to live, we are going to be there.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Ah, yes. Vampire hospital is different to regular hospital I imagine. No one cares if you live, you're already dead. We may have to "convince" the locals to help Eddie. Going to change to G

oscar

Arcane
Beautiful update. Right now I'd love to save Eddie but wonder if us being there would even be of much use.

In terms of artifacts, A sounds broadly useful and C intrigues me. For now I'll withhold my vote.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Beautiful update. Right now I'd love to save Eddie but wonder if us being there would even be of much use.

In terms of artifacts, A sounds broadly useful and C intrigues me. For now I'll withhold my vote.
I don't think it's going to matter, too many bros in this thread. G's going to be it. I agree with you that C is very intriguing.

I keep hoping we'll stumble upon some secret magic diablerist equipment that will allow us to hide our aura.

grotsnik

Arcane
I really didn't see this voting trend coming. Bunch of fucking softies!

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
How will you count the votes? It seems like it's a dichotomy between wanting loot (regardless of the specific loot type) and wanting to see Eddie.

Esquilax

Arcane

WE SHALL DIABLERISE TURCOV AND BECOME PRINCE THROUGH THE MAGICAL POWER OF FRIENDSHIP!!!

I'm actually surprised you didn't see it coming. Everybody here loves Eddie, and I was pretty certain most people would try to save his life, if at all possible. What I'm more surprised about is that a character from the faggiest Clan around has become one of the most loved characters in an LP on the 'Dex of all places. What I also liked is that the Toreador weakness seemed like an actual credible weakness for once, I felt bad reading the passage where Eddie was mesmerized.

In terms of Humanity, I see Anthony's relationship with Edgar as his sole redeeming quality - in my opinion, it's just about the only thing that keeps Tony a notch above being a complete monster. Once he loses that, well, that thin illusion of Humanity is shattered.

Also, because EDDIE NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

laclongquan

Arcane
Well, he's an old, trustworthy and reliable friend. I was pretty worried for awhile thinking Grotsnik is extracting a dear price for this development. Of all resources that Sommers command, Edgar Fellowes is the most valued. Through him we can reach out to the action crowd, or Toreador youths.

grotsnik

Arcane
How will you count the votes? It seems like it's a dichotomy between wanting loot (regardless of the specific loot type) and wanting to see Eddie.

Better yet, how long will it take grotsnik to write another update?

I'll try to be quicker this time!

After all, it can't take that long to write Edgar's gruesome and protracted death scene.

:rpgcodex:

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Eddie has the martial abilities Anthony lacks and has shown to be a trustworthy ally and 'friend' as far as kindred go. Losing him would be really bad, when things get violent like they inevitably do, we wouldn't have anyone else to throw at the problem.

Also faggiest clan is Ravnos...Toreador gets all the bitches.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You really should do a chronicle where the protagonist is bad and only getting worse. You know, to force the issue.

Running Fox

Educated
Queued
Wasted 1,5 hours one evening. Thought of finishing it.
Looked at it the next day. Laughed. Delete everything!!!11 The amount of shame was overwhelming.
TaFJv.jpg

Gedeone

Novice
Oh. It's alive. Good. Keep it up Grotsnik!

Also...if i may...G (i'm not quite up to date, but...a party member is always more important than a magic item <.<)

grotsnik

Arcane
Recently I read a 'favourite/least favourite clan' thread over on rpg.net that featured a lot of players complaining about the Tzimisce, mainly because they apparently tend to draw the tone of the game across towards excessively inventive grotesqueness. It surprised me, I'm rather fond of them.

...yeah, update should be finished tomorrow. The sun came out last week for the first time in a year, so I was forced to dash to the coast and camp out on some vague approximation of a beach far away from electronic devices or civilisation itself, as all Englanders do. It's like salmon migration.

Esquilax

Arcane
Recently I read a 'favourite/least favourite clan' thread over on rpg.net that featured a lot of players complaining about the Tzimisce, mainly because they apparently tend to draw the tone of the game across towards excessively inventive grotesqueness. It surprised me, I'm rather fond of them.

...yeah, update should be finished tomorrow. The sun came out last week for the first time in a year, so I was forced to dash to the coast and camp out on some vague approximation of a beach far away from electronic devices or civilisation itself, as all Englanders do. It's like salmon migration.

Yeah, the Tzimisce aren't among my favourite but the whole Body Horror thing they have is very unique and fits the setting extremely well. Personally, my favourites are the Ventrue because imagining one of these Wall Street bankers as immortal, blood-drinking predators who secretly pull the strings through millions of expendable proxies just makes so much sense. It would actually explain a lot. I also like the Brujah because of their backstory as a race of fallen warrior-scholars completely gone to seed, and they present a counterpoint to the Ventrue. Obviously Malks too as well, but it's difficult to do them justice like you're doing.

Actually, it's really hard for me to think of a Clan that I don't like, though the Independent ones are probably the most one-dimensional and uninteresting. At worst, they look like retarded racial caricatures.

laclongquan

Arcane
What impress me about World of Darkness is that this trully a world of Hell, no, a world in slow apocalypse a long time already.

Even Humanity is just a measure of vampire's control over his/her basic instincts. It's entirely too-bad for the humans to get caught in any moment of a vamp losing control.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom