Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Read: Justice League of America

And now that the bumping is done and over with:

AARNE! AARNE! AARNE!

MVb6C.jpg

I never realised when I first read it just how damn awkward the art style was in the Warriors of Diversity arc. Has the artist ever seen a human being? Why do they keep tipping over randomly?

Erebus

Arcane
English not being my mother language, I've never read a lot of comics when I was a child or a teen. And so, I'm sincerely grateful to this thread.

For showing me I haven't missed anything interesting at all.

Seriously, what the hell ? How is this entertaining ? I realize that the fact that these superheroes keep existing means that enough people keep buying comics about them, but it doesn't change the fact that they were already undeads 14 years ago. How long are these characters meant to exist ? They never truly change and when they do (as Superman illustrated in this very thread and as the recent DC reboot also illustrated), you can be absolutely sure that it will be reversed, Status Quo being the Law. The stories in which they're the heroes have no meaning whatsoever, because neither the heroes nor the setting are ever meant to change. Everything is pointless, whether its scale be small or large. It's worse than fanfiction, because at least fanfiction doesn't pretend it's coherent.

And this meaninglessness will go on forever, until the distant day when sales get so low it stops being profitable ? Hell, that is fucking depressing.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well, I couldn't be bothered to explain Erebus the basics of sequential fiction and why he's being silly. I guess jimbob didn't either.

Someone discuss something, gawd.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I don't know what there's to discuss. I really hate their use of cliffhangers, especially when the resolution is weak as shit. "The JLA is disbanded, just kidding lolz"

And missing so much of the story in between issues really makes it harder. Wait, that wasn't Diana but her mom? And Superman stopped being a weird electro-being? And they saw this starfish dick before?!

I prefer storylines to be self-contained.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
I don't know what there's to discuss. I really hate their use of cliffhangers, especially when the resolution is weak as shit. "The JLA is disbanded, just kidding lolz"

And missing so much of the story in between issues really makes it harder. Wait, that wasn't Diana but her mom? And Superman stopped being a weird electro-being? And they saw this starfish dick before?!

I prefer storylines to be self-contained.

Those changes were done in their own titles,the problem of having a shared universe.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I know the why. It's still jarring.

I know it drives sales, and comics were obsessed with cross-featuring and stories over multiple series. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom