Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Linux RPG list

Are you willing to give Linux a chance?

• I am already on Linux

• Didn't know so much incline was available on Linux, might consider it

• There is a game that i really really have to play and is unavailable, else i might consider it

• I am a Windowsfag, i love viruses, malware, NSA spying on me, DRM, and all that

Results are only viewable after voting.

Absinthe

Arcane
With regards to GPU pass-through: It's basically a virtual machine with GPU acceleration. No need for a restart or anything. But you will need TWO graphics cards, one dedicated to the VM while it's on. It's a good solution if you don't have two systems. It's not better than remoting, but better than dual-booting if you have the option imo. A real galaxy brain way to do it is to set up a NAS with a GPU-passed VM on it and let it server a lot of different functions at the same time.
You don't really need two graphics cards. You can just use integrated graphics for regular purposes and your gaming card for pass-through.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom