Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Longtime Larian composer Kirill Pokrovsky has passed away

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This sucks big time. I was a big fan of his and he actually seem like a genuine good guy. Rest in peace, Kirill.

His music had a different style than many other games and I'm not saying this just because, but in many ways, he was way ahead of his colleagues in the business. I remember when I first heard the Divine Divinity soundtrack. It kept me playing it for hours straight. Divinity 2 also had some great tracks. I guess it's true for the whole series.

One of my favorite pieces of his:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Damn, this was totally unexpected. Rest in Peace Kirill, we will miss you. :(

TomatoJuice

Educated
RIP Kirill.

Your Musical talent will be missed.
It sad that it had to happen after Larian found it's stride.

krist2

Augur
Patron
Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ahh, really sad news. His music really set the mood for the Divinity games, and he was a great character.

Rest in peace conjurer of great music :salute:

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Rest in peace.

I remember playing Divine Divnity for the first time and thinking this game doesnt look very good, but I listened to the soundtrack and it made me wanna play it. I was grateful for it for I experienced both great game and a great soundtrack.

JimDiGreez

Barely Literate
Kirill Pokrovsky was member of the Russian band Master Rock group. Over 2 mln. copies of this album were sold.

m_s0

Arcane
Didn't even know there was something wrong with him and I'm genuinely less excited about future Larian games knowing he won't be there to score them. Never really stopped to consider that for some reason, but I'm just now realizing that not a single one of those games managed to live up to his scores.

The man had talent. This really fucking sucks :negative:

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
5815378e89734f9db52bcc13ebca8b73.png

This is truly sad news. Kirill seemed like a great guy on top of being an insanely talented composer. Larian will never be the same again.

It also explains why an acquaintance didn't reply when I probed him about Kirill's health quite a while ago. I think I need a strong drink now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom