Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Loop8: Summer of Gods (XSEED)

lametta

Educated
header.jpg

Release Date: 6th June 2023

Your choices shape the world in this coming-of-age RPG. As a new arrival in a 1980s rural Japanese town with a mysterious ability to loop time, your every decision and relationship will affect the outcome of battles against the invading Kegai.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2127430/Loop8_Summer_of_Gods/

lametta

Educated
guyz guyz guyz why the hate, you basically can beat your enemy/the game through the love you hold for your ingame waifu. That's innovation!

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I thought this was a visual novel. You learn something new every day.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Not a good showcase. If you're tasked with delivering hype and getting people excited for your game, make sure you're up for it or just do it via text.
Also, that framerate seemed sub-30 at points for some reason, hope it's just a shit recording.

I'm not a fan of nu-XSEED, but I'm willing to give it a try when it's out.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Not a good showcase. If you're tasked with delivering hype and getting people excited for your game, make sure you're up for it or just do it via text.
Also, that framerate seemed sub-30 at points for some reason, hope it's just a shit recording.

I'm not a fan of nu-XSEED, but I'm willing to give it a try when it's out.
What changed at XSEED? Because I'd rather take their localisations over other. Good example is Atlus doing ToCS 3, 4

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
What changed at XSEED? Because I'd rather take their localisations over other. Good example is Atlus doing ToCS 3, 4

Old XSEED is not today's XSEED, they've started hiring from the DeepL translator crowd. There were big team restructures sometime post-Cold Steel 1 release, with some good, devoted people leaving. I used to lurk on their forums back then and there was a ton of drama out in the open. I remember thinking "this can't be good", and, well, it wasn't.

notpl

Arbiter
DeepL is vastly preferable to anything a western localization company would put out in 2023.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Those who love the Japanese language and game content and are adept enough to translate have no need to use DeepL. Look to fan translators like Geofront for bright examples of those kinds of people.
The DeepL crowd are the newcomers who insert their own agendas into the text.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
xseed used to translate trails games, now they are reduced to shit like this :negative:

ivJbv10.png

also mc name is fucking Nini? :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom