Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lost Ark Online

Zeriel

Arcane
For the record, it wasn't a little less. They increased HP of guardians by 50-100%. For guardians in which doing the fight twice as fast can trivialize (or at least make racing viable) the mechanics, that isn't a small change.
I actually don't know what the initial buffs to the bosses were. For some of the later ones, that seems to not have been enough. Alberhastic is a joke as you phase the boss so quickly he doesn't even get a single one of his one-shot mechanics off, Armored Nacrasena dies in 5-7minutes as well, and that is with us running a double-bard group every time.

Are you doing it at the ilvl it unlocks? I think a lot of people are instantly jumping to near the end of the tier, so they're doing it with much higher ilvl. Every guardian that I've done at its entry ilvl has been an HP sponge.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Got to low 30s and unlocked the Stronghold. I wish it wasn't so gated behind story progression, I like upgrading that stuff a lot.

Can one of you explain to me why t1 flowers are so much more expensive than all the other mats btw?
Also: is there any way to get life energy besides the potions that I randomly got from quests? Can you craft the potions?

Zeriel

Arcane
You can buy them from the shop with crystals, which you can buy with in-game gold, which you can in turn get from selling stuff on marketplace. So you are substituting one form of wealth for the ability to harvest more, which is in turn worth gold.

There is also platinum fields, which is a ticket that drops occasionally while gathering that lets you go to an instance that lets you gather for a time with no energy costs, but also no XP gain.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Are you doing it at the ilvl it unlocks? I think a lot of people are instantly jumping to near the end of the tier, so they're doing it with much higher ilvl. Every guardian that I've done at its entry ilvl has been an HP sponge.
Alberhastic we did right as we had the ilvl for it, same for Armors Necra. Bosses are just dying too fast, same for Abyssals. In our first Airas Oculus, we didnt even get Seto to cast his Imprisonment skill once. And, again, that is with running 2 bards with full support build.

When you have a group that actually knows how to do damage, some of the bosses seem like they just don't have nearly enough HP. If a boss is a sponge, someone isn't pulling their weight.

Sykar

Arcane
Some of the names are seriously silly, like "Arbor tree" when "arbor" is Latin for ... "tree"...
:hmmm:

Reminds me of the incredibly stupid advertisment about a yoghurt we had in Germany in the 90s when the yoghurt was praised as "biovital" when both words bio and vita just mean "life".

Gerrard

Arcane
Gorilla gorilla

The Tytalos "nerf" was as much misguided as it was botched. The wipe mechanic changed to "deal heavy damage" still kills characters at 1000+ ilvl in one hit. Basically the only difference is that you can now use a time stop potion, I guess.
And apparently it's now bugged and sometimes doesn't spawn the tornadoes before doing it too. :lol:

AKdDHak.jpg

KINO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yc20F0Hg0A

Last edited:

Turbo normie

Scholar
sup shillfag

ur game is rapidly dying day by day cuz turns out its just a rly pretty gacha game that was sold 2 brainlets (aka u) as "THE NEXT BIG MMORPG."

go back underground with ur lame alt from 2017 and 90 posts, reawaken when called upon (which will be never) xd

Nope. The population is just slowly reaching its estimation because this is a fucking KOREAN MMO and all the fucking peacock brains of your kind are shitting on this game because "THE NEXT BIG MMORPG". Only the fucking normies are crying about all the classic KR mmo components "QQ GATCHA P2W :'((("

streamer spent 2k buckaroos to do "tier 3" content xd

not p2w guys

wow is evil ok :3

play lost ark!!! now!!!

EU/NA content has a lot of catch up to reach T3. Just playing the game a whole week with an average RNG on enhancement brings you to T3.

"Zomg 2K $ xDDD P2W" fuckin low life nigger, whales on those kind of games reach the 1XX XXX$ spent, who the fuck cares about your average tard streamer using the sub money to fast path a gutted content ?

Do you mind going back to mmo-champion, fucking faggot ?

This thread belongs to educated gambling addicts, no lifers and whales. <3

ElectricOtter

The population is just slowly reaching its estimation

copium inhale

Only the fucking normies

awkward moment when turbo normie uses normie as unironic insult

this is a fucking KOREAN MMO

translation: shit gacha game that has mobile port written all over xd

u got roped in by the hype and soon enough u will wish to use that rope for something else due to all the cash u spent for a dead end game xd

EU/NA content has a lot of catch up to reach T3. Just playing the game a whole week with an average RNG on enhancement brings you to T3.

guy that streams games for a living feels compelled to drop thousands to "keep up" xd

not p2w btw

not a retard named turbo normie btw

nice location u slobbering "im trying 2 fit in" fagt btw :3

This thread belongs to educated gambling addicts, no lifers and whales. <3

"teehee im a dribbling loser and proud of it! ^.^"

i see non-loli avvy and i get dumb every time :/

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
KOREAN MMO? Shit, I thought you said KAREN MMO, what with all the costume changes for western audience. Im sure the moral scolds will make up a large part of player retention.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
I have already uninstalled this piece of shit game. 50 hours of my life wastedtrying to get to the "good parts" of the game that never came. Population has already heavily dropped since launch and in starting zones there are more bots than actual players. Shit mobile game

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Population has already heavily dropped since launch
Do people just make this shit up to justify their decision to also drop the game? It's fine to just not play the game and quit and feel good about it, but why say dumb shit that can easily be disproven? Unless your definition of "heavily" is 10%, then you're just wrong. Game is still hitting 900k+ peaks on the weekend, and has only dropped ~10% since Week 2 of its release.
97eb29dd5c.png

Considering the last 2 weeks saw the release of Elden Ring, a new WoW Patch/Raid and a new GW2 Expansion, I'd have expected a much sharper drop. I had no issue finding groups for content despite being ahead of the gear-progression curve. Maybe it's because I actively seek out people to play with instead of trying to be a lonesome elitist grognard. I fail to understand why a bunch of people whining in this thread even played it in the first place, unless your minds are so brittle that you easily succumb to the western media hypemachine. Sad.

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
Mh I thought they banned a million bots but activity is still that high? Or has the ban wave not happened yet?
Edit: No wait it happened on March 4th according to an article.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
I don't think they banned nearly that many bots. But saying "over 1 million" without anyone being able to prove otherwise, just looks good for the media and players. Was probably less than half that.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
Population has already heavily dropped since launch
Do people just make this shit up to justify their decision to also drop the game? It's fine to just not play the game and quit and feel good about it, but why say dumb shit that can easily be disproven? Unless your definition of "heavily" is 10%, then you're just wrong. Game is still hitting 900k+ peaks on the weekend, and has only dropped ~10% since Week 2 of its release.
97eb29dd5c.png

Considering the last 2 weeks saw the release of Elden Ring, a new WoW Patch/Raid and a new GW2 Expansion, I'd have expected a much sharper drop. I had no issue finding groups for content despite being ahead of the gear-progression curve. Maybe it's because I actively seek out people to play with instead of trying to be a lonesome elitist grognard. I fail to understand why a bunch of people whining in this thread even played it in the first place, unless your minds are so brittle that you easily succumb to the western media hypemachine. Sad.
Pop at launch was 1,3 milion plus A LOT on queues or out of servers trying to connect.
This weeken peak is 900k . That is a drop of 500k minimum, but my estimate is that there were at least 1,6 milion at launch so it would be 700k drop. In fact almost every zone chat is empty, there are no queues anymore on eu, and bots/players ratio on starting zone is 10/1

Turbo normie

Scholar
But why do you want a HIGH POPULATION on a fucking niche game ?

Does BDO has a high population ? No. Is it worth for Pearl Abyss ? Yes.
Have you ever played Lineage/Lineage 2 in your life ?
Aion, Tera and all those games have collapsed in western market while Aion is an all time favourite mmo for the worst korea.

Stop monitoring the obvious, every fluokids and people unable to accept the fate of MMORPG genre jump on every new release coping hard. Of course more than half of the population won't be there in a month. Who cares ?
We finally have this game on western market. My only concern is the weird translation and the censorship on outfits etc. :(

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Pop at launch was 1,3 milion plus A LOT on queues or out of servers trying to connect.
See, this is why people like you are being called out for being whiny dumbfucks. You do realize that sitting in queue requires you to have the game active and running, meaning they would still get tracked by steam-stats as having the game open. So those 400k people you're trying to conjure out of thin air to make your weak argument stick, they don't actually exist. If 1.3million people played the game back then, and 400k of those were sitting in queue, that means 900k were actively playing. Now you say there are almost no queues anymore, with a peak of 900k. So how many of those people are actively playing? Would that maybe close to the same amount, as it was on release? Say it ain't so. The only thing that is true, is that a lot of people quit. And a lot of people started. I really don't see how that is in any way a problem.

There's certainly an issue with bots, but its less severe than you make it out to be. Of course most of them will be found during the early stages, as they're basically just farming materials and collectibles that they sell, so they can sell gold. There's no bots farming T2 mats, because those are actually guarded by enemies so they'd need to constantly chug potions to stay alive. That's why they're almost all concentrated in the first few areas, which you would know if you'd actually played beyond those. But with an entire 50h of gameplay, as per your words, you've seen maybe 10% of the game world. It's alright to not enjoy the game, most of my friends either quit or are taking a break due to having other games they wanna play. But calling the game "dead" or saying it has had a "heavy" loss of player numbers, just isn't true based on any conceivable metric, except for the ones you make up in your head.

On a different note, looks like amazon released the 3-month roadmap.

March: Argos Raid, PvP Season 1, Kadan Story
April: Destroyer Subclass, Legion Raid, Guardian Raid, South Vern
May: Arcanist Subclass, Legion Raid, Guardian Raid, Thronespire Tower

Last edited:

Reever

Scholar
Patron
Amazon Games should not be allowed near any game. How incompetent do you have to be to try and "fix" Tytalos and instead make him not spawn sandstorms so you can't avoid his one-shot mechanic anymore. Did they playtest this boss with a max ilvl character or did they not even bother?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom