Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Lost Eidolons - Fire Emblem-inspired turn-based tactical RPG by Koreans

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Much more: Horse Buttheule than I anticipated.

Also, I only finally gave this a shot because Troubleshooter was down for maintenance. The animations and controls are so clunky I'm not sure I've got the patience for this game, though I'm sure I'll come back to it again at some point during the nearest game-drought.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://oceandrive.studio/2022/10/27/a-letter-from-ocean-drive-studio-two-week-recap/

A Letter From Ocean Drive Studio: Two-Week Recap​

Hello Everyone!

Since we hit the two-week mark of the official release today, I wanted to provide a quick update on a few important topics.

Upcoming Patch Next Week

We are planning a QoL improvements patch for next week (Week of Oct 31st). This update will include the following changes and fixes.

• Optional Turn Limits: We are making turn limits optional! Please read more about it from the One Week Recap post HERE
  • Picture1.png
  • FPS Unlocked: Currently the FPS is locked at 60 for performance reasons, but with the new update you will be able to choose 30, 60 or no limit.
  • Cutscene Improvement: The blur effect on the background during the conversation cutscenes will be removed for better visual immersion.
  • Cutscene Changes to the First Chapter: You will enter the battle right after the cinematic cutscenes.
  • More Brightness Adjustments: Camp and battleground in the nighttime will be made brighter.
  • Infinite Loading Issue: the update won’t fix the issue for everyone, but most players with the infinite loading issue will see an improvement.
  • Other Bug Fixes: Many other community-reported issues will be fixed including the font size issues. Please wait for detailed patch notes next week.
Please note that the above list can change as we finish QA testing and that there can be even more updates as we are continuously working on more improvements and fixes. We are sharing our progress on our Feature Upvote page with the tags and comments so please visit the board regularly to learn what we are working on! This Feature Upvote page is the definitive list we review as a team, so this is the best place to share your suggestions!

Next Content Update

Apart from the immediate fixes and improvements, we are also working hard on designing and developing the New Game Plus Mode (NG+) and Console/Debug Mode as the next major content update. As we work on the NG+ Mode, we want to capture your thoughts to ensure that we fulfill the community’s needs.

So please join the conversation in any of the channels below and share your suggestions and ideas.

We are constantly reading these community channels and taking feedback so please continue to share your feedback and insights!

Thank you for joining the community and for all the great feedback throughout the first two weeks!

Best,

Jungsoo Lee, Head of Global Business

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://oceandrive.studio/2022/11/15/a-letter-from-ocean-drive-studio-one-month-recap/

A Letter From Ocean Drive Studio: One-Month Recap​

Greetings, Tacticians!
It’s been a bit over a month since Lost Eidolons’ release. It’s hard to believe that a month has gone by already, as the team has been busy working on patches and additional development work. To find more information on our previous updates, please find earlier letters on launch day, at the one-week mark, and at the two-week mark, as well as previous patch notes (like here and here). We strongly believe that Lost Eidolons is becoming a better game with each update, thanks to your feedback and support.
As we just passed the one-month mark after launch, we’d like to share what we have planned for the future. On the development side, we have two major elements we’re working on.
First is the New Game+ mode. We would like to share what we are planning and preparing for the New Game+ mode below. For those who have been following us on our Discord server or other channels, you may find information you are familiar with already.

Features you can choose to carry over at the start of NG+:
  • Equipment Masteries
  • Class EXP
  • Rapport EXP
  • Codex
  • Equipment/Consumable Items (Normal, Rare, and Legendary)
  • Unique Items
  • Gift Items
  • Books/Essential Items
  • Gold
  • Prestige Points
Features added for NG+:
  • 2 Additional Equipped Skills Slots (Total 7 for NG+)
  • Merchant Salma Will Sell More Gift Items
  • * SPOILER ALERT * (select the text to the right to see) Leon/Robin Selectable for Battle (No Narrative and/or Quest to Revive Though)
We believe that New Game+ will allow you to enjoy different difficulty levels and modes, complete achievements that you didn’t unlock in your first playthrough, and even try out different styles of gameplay.
The other major task we’re working on is story improvements. We’ve carefully reviewed the current story delivery, and tried various methods internally.
While the current story delivery may not have been the most effective to fully convey the circumstances and the atmosphere of each scene, we believe the direction we take with dialogue cutscene improvements would allow for better situational context and story immersion.
You will also find that we removed the fade-in/fade-out effects when characters are talking to each other. Furthermore, we plan to enable manual progression of the dialogue, which should allow you to enjoy the story at your own pace. Please find a video of the new cutscene improvements below, and let us know what you think!

In addition to the two main ones we shared above, we have many more improvements we’re working on based on player feedback. If you have any feedback you want to share with us, or if you want to track our progress on the various feedback, please go to our Feature Upvote board. We will continue to work diligently in order to bring you the best Lost Eidolons experience we can!

– Jin Sang Kim, Creative Director for Lost Eidolons

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://oceandrive.studio/2022/12/16/important-note-regarding-the-upcoming-new-game-mode/

Important Note Regarding The Upcoming New Game+ Mode​

Greetings, Tacticians.

As we get closer and closer to bringing you the big New Game+ patch, we’re getting more and more excited! It is something we’ve been thinking about as soon as we launched, and is very close to becoming a reality.

Before we bring the patch to you, we do have an important note for our most veteran Tacticians. You may recall that our patch on November 9th is when we added the ability to save after clearing the game. This means that finishing the game before that update did not create a record for New Game+ purposes. If you beat the game before updating to GM1.02, please be advised that you would need to fight the last battle and watch the ending again to enter New Game+. Tacticians who reached the end of the game after the GM1.02 patch are not affected.

We apologize that our most dedicated Tacticians who beat the game within the first month of release are affected by this. On launch day, we saw that many Tacticians enjoyed Lost Eidolons and wanted even more. This led us to plan NG+ right away, but it also meant we had to perform additional backend work. While we did our best to make haste, the earliest we could implement NG+ preparations was November 9th.

We looked into different options such as using achievements to recover at least some data, but realized that it would actually pose more risk to the game’s stability. Another concern was that a patchworked save file would not be able to fully carry over everything our Tacticians worked so hard to achieve, making it a marred experience.

We are deeply grateful for the support all our Tacticians have shown us, and hope the New Game+ update would bring you more fun as you revisit Artemesia. If you have any questions, please feel free to join our Discord server and ask them to our staff.

The ODS Team

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Return to Artemesia with the New Game+ feature! Revisit the battlefield with high grade gear, skill masteries, gold and learned spells from your previous cleared run carried over!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Ocean Drive Studio, developers of #LostEidolons and #BlackoutProtocol, wishes you happy holidays and shares insight into 2023!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom