Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lost Horizon

Wolfus

Arcane
Did you play this Indiana Jones clone? It is classic adventure with some good moments and lots of unlockable stuff. I can only recommend it.

Seolas

Liturgist
Yes I did and loved it, great great fun and definitely has an Indie feel to it. Fairly easy but I really don't mind that, beats the puzzles that you need a diploma to solve (ala Sherlock Holmes vs. Arsen Lupin).

I love jet-setting games like this that take you all over the place. The Secret Files games (bad voice acting aside) and Chronicles of Mystery series (mediocre reviews but I like them) are other examples of something the adventure genre has that no other does.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I'm a couple hours into this and it's insanely boring. Does it get better?

Main complaints would be stilted, dry dialogue and cliche story.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
it's alright, perhaps a bit too indulgent on inventory clutter before you're given a reason for said clutter
apparently the sequel is pretty bad so i did not buy it

No strong entry in the genre, but ok I guess. You get to visit the unholiest places of the Third Reich, the infamous Wewelsburg and 1936 Berlin during the Olympia days. And while they incorporate so many strong Third Reich-elements, they want you to believe it's still some parallel universe without "real" Nazis - at least that's the only explanation I find for the utterly ridiculous uniforms. I never got it why, instead of just omitting svastikas, they decided to warp the German uniforms to something so utterly retarded as this:

asasffasfsafsa.png

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
No strong entry in the genre, but ok I guess. You get to visit the unholiest places of the Third Reich, the infamous Wewelsburg and 1936 Berlin during the Olympia days. And while they incorporate so many strong Third Reich-elements, they want you to believe it's still some parallel universe without "real" Nazis - at least that's the only explanation I find for the utterly ridiculous uniforms. I never got it why, instead of just omitting svastikas, they decided to warp the German uniforms to something so utterly retarded as this:

asasffasfsafsa.png
because it's a German game and depicting swastika there is illegal

asasffasfsafsa.png
because it's a German game and depicting swastika there is illegal
Swastika isn't my point: I'd understand the omission of the Hakenkreuz, but why they felt the urge to deform the uniform to something barely recognizable is beyond me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom