Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Oh yeah, regarding the source of tentacles, the correct answer is that the mad cultist scientists originally gave you the tentacles which came from the Messenger, just like all the other tendriled cultists. The information can be gathered from the visions and NPC chatter.

^ Top  
  2. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    I'd really prefer going for B over E. B makes the Gieloth indebted to us-- a beneficial position that is generally honored, as we saw with Sekhenun-- and I think that a Gieloth in control of its mental faculties will be more useful to us than a drooling, tentacled mind-slave.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    I really liked the music for this one. Where did you get it treave?

^ Top  
  4. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    E just has you connecting to its mind via your tendrils then trying to do whatever it is you want to do. I'm not promising anything more beyond that. :lol:

The track is from Umineko no Naku Koro ni VN, as is a great number of the tracks I use in association with the cult scenes, such as goldenslaughterer.

^ Top  
  5. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Well, perhaps, but I know what I want to do too. :troll:

^ Top  
  6. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    *sigh* B2 then. I don't want to commit genocide. Maybe the geiloth can train us on tentacle use.
    :mhd:
    FFS, I can't believe so many people are choosing B1. Don't you remember how close Rei came to beating us last time? And we had a mech then. She's got super-strength and speed and tentacles that auto-shred everything with fire. Maybe in A1 if she's in shock from the messenger's death, but not in B1.

treave, can we make the gieloth promise to help us like Sek?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    It's too weak to communicate further at the moment, spent the last of its strength to reach you. Can't believe you guys still haven't had a clue of its origins though. It's all in the visions.

^ Top  
  8. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    I thought it was Pahnrath.

^ Top  
  9. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Not exactly, but close.

^ Top  
  10. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    hmmm wait a sec its remind me Eans fight vs Sek in Egypt, is this Pahnrath the broken 3 sister?

^ Top  
  11. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    No, no, no, no. It's one of Pahnrath's children, isn't it? It saw Ean creating the fire in the tunnels beneath. It was there with Sek. Probably the one that she pat. The temple collapsed or something and it was buried underneath.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Yup. It's a dormant Sekchild.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    True, it could become a pretty destabilizing presence should it get loose into the world.

^ Top  
  14. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Senya completed the Tjaru battle, meaning that he has an inkling of this thing's origin himself. The temple collapsed before Tjaru.

^ Top  
  15. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    At least what happened till the end of that chapter. He's wary of believing it since it came from Shulgi. Yup, this child will hold some of Sek's knowledge. I believe we still have a few of her journals lying about the apartment...

^ Top  
  16. Zwist Learned

Zwist
    The great problem being, this creature is probably not fully matured mentally. And we have a part of it in us. The most natural reaction a child would have is to take everything back. This is the problem with B. And that is the problem with E too.
    We might be smarter, but we are not better at being a Gieloth than this creature. What would happen if we try to dominate it? We have knowledge it does not, from Sekhs notes. But we are trying to do that using a piece that was basically cut away from this exact Gieloth. Risky at least.
    Of course the most intriguing option, as it is the most unpredictable.
    I am still choosing B2 at the moment(updatet my original post). It is rather reckless, but a Gieloth running around is just the kind of Chaos that makes things interesting.

^ Top  
  17. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Yeah, I had written it all out last night and then screwed up my post and gave up. So could it hear the tree down there or was it psychically linked to Sek the whole time? I ask because it mentioned "tree" near the end.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
  19. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    According to my tally, B2 is winning with six votes.

A2 has one vote, B1 has two votes (though one of those votes is set to flop to E1 if B1 doesn't win), E1 has two votes (three if you include the flop from B1 not winning) and E2 has three votes.

^ Top  
  20. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    E voters will have to consolidate then. I plan to update in about 12 hours time, so unless the situation changes before then we're going for the nice guy choice.

^ Top  
  21. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    I'll flop back to E1 if it has a shot at winning, but I'm voting against B1 mainly.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    Why you and several others think that an option incorporating 1 will work out? I was rather uncritical of it at first (I was just thinking something along the lines of how it would be nifty to demolish some of those Hierarchs while we were here) but when I realized that we would be trying to kill as many as possible, including our considerably more buff sister, I decided it was a dodgy decision.

We have taken more of the mental power-ups this whole time rather than anything physical, unlike our sister here, and the environment here appears to degrade sensible thought... that, and we've had no time to set up plans or bring nifty contraptions other than our teleportation whatsit. We'd be incredibly boned (considering the environment, perhaps in a depressingly literal sense) if we get into a fight, or so it appears to me.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    There's always voting to betendril our sister. I could be convinced to flop to that.

^ Top  
  24. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Nobody flop, update incoming.

Oh, and Zwist has the right idea on what is about to happen. Of course, it'd have been worse with E anyway, but eh, consider a bad end dodged. For now.

^ Top  
  25. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Bad end dodged. Yeah. But we ought've killed the Gieloth anyway. :rpgcodex:

I mean, that wasn't the bad end, was it? A2? :roll:

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.