Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

Absinthe

Arcane
To be fair, that anti-magic spell seems to be a very complex and powerful one, to the point that several High Mages had to cooperate in order to be able to cast it, for not to mention it seems to have a long casting time. Therefore, we can prevent this from happening ever again once we spot the right signals. If there is someone able to use that spell by him/herself though, then that person would most likely be one of the strongest wizards of this planet, a deity/demigod, or even a rival Overlord. Either way, I'm sure we won't meet any of these guys for a long time, so there's no need to worry.
Somehow I don't think they're the strongest mages we'll ever face. And I'm still not convinced of this theory that we can just disrupt the antimagic circle whenever they try before it lands.

Lastly, I believe that "super-fast learning" spell research project should be considered doing once we at least acquire a land of our own and have fellow magic researchers/scientists working for us. That way we'll make someone else do the work for us while being lazy about it. It's a win-win situation and quite in-character in my opinion.
Assuming this even works and wouldn't require our character's particular prowess and talents, you want a bunch of researchers and scientists to obtain the spell we're working on?

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Look guys...We don't need to worry whatever some scrubs can cast magic cancellor or be melee oriented, that's what the minions are for it.
No, what we need to worry is assasins heroes, who we will inevitable clash with and their special legendary sword.

Lets first worry about amassing our army of doom, so we get to be defeated by some worthy heroes and not by random mook #42141
As overlord, it's our destiny to be defeated at some point, but we can affect how it's journey.

Do we die by sneaky spy in our harem, dagger in our chest while holding spheres of wobbling wonders?
Do we die in in spell fight against goddnesses? Or perhaps time dismension traveling Zhang Jue?
Or do we die with erect tent, while Manxing is throwing powder on our harem.

Or the usual against the shining hero in our throne room with perhaps our volupties daughter watching all of it magic protective spheres, while goddnesses once again does their nuclear bomb plot.

Edit:
In short version, enjoy the ride and butthurt guys.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
Assuming this even works and wouldn't require our character's particular prowess and talents, you want a bunch of researchers and scientists to obtain the spell we're working on?

Yeah, I know it's risky, but obviously only it would be done by those who are fanatically loyal to us, such as the goblins (assuming we manage to acquire/breed more gobbos with magical aptitude). Of course, afterwards they can be killed/be given an early retirement in a proper villainous fashion. Still, it's doubtful that anyone except Erd himself could accomplish such magical feat anyway.

As overlord, it's our destiny to be defeated at some point, but we can affect how it's journey.

:rpgcodex: I find your lack of faith disturbing. I mean, look at the Dungeon Keeper. That one was a SUCCESSFUL Overlord who defeated all opposition and conquered all of the lands. Who says we can't do the same?
Granted, I agree that first things first we need more resources and/or manpower before doing anything else.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
:rpgcodex: I find your lack of faith disturbing. Imean, lookat the Dungeon Keeper. That one was a SUCCESSFUL Overlord who defeated all opposition and conquered all of the lands.Who says we can't do the same?

Sorry bro, I don't play mobile trash games.
How Dungeon keeper can be in any measuring stick be succesful, if it's cash hogging mobile game?
:troll:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Finished double-checking the counts.

Final tally:

A1 - 4
A2 - 6
B1 - 0
B2 - 0
C1 - 0
C2 - 13

A - 3
B - 16
C - 1
D - 3

A - 6
B - 8
C - 4
D - 5

A - 14
B - 8

Time to buy a really tall hat.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

*sigh* Are we about to become the man with two brains? It could only end this way.
2376936-0175006112-leapi.gif

Aura of the Monster Chief
Your strength as a fledgling leader of monsterkind is such that it leaks into the environment and blesses all non-human creatures in your vicinity with the ability to grow stronger at a faster rate.
+M

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Too slow! :cool:

I wonder, though, does this extend to Lucy? I want my battle mount!

Also, I bet minotaurs don't grow on trees.

fair enough, but what about:
Battle Aura of the Demon God Fist I
You are able to focus your mana into a combat-specialized aura that increases your physical attack and speed. (Minor increase: Physical Attack, Agility)

Nevill

Arcane
Aw yiss. Muscle Wizard is a go! :kwafuckyeah:

Wait, what? Where is our MANA increase?!

Erdrick Mercant
Lv. 2 Seraphic Lord
Vitality: C
Mana: B+ (B++)
Physical Attack: C (C+)
Physical Defense: B
Magical Attack: C+
Magical Defense: B+ (B+++)
Agility: B (B+)
Charisma: B

lightbane

Arcane
Too slow. What about this?
Potion of Healing x5
Holy Sword of something
Methussian Royal Signet Ring
Gauntlet of Barbatos

On one hand, Erd probably has not only grown stronger by absorbing demonic essence, but he managed to keep his personality. On the other hand, chances are he'll grow horns, making it even more difficult to conceal his persona. We'll need a hat that took inhuman features into consideration, such as this one:

latest

Nevill

Arcane
Erdrick Mercant
Lv. 2 Seraphic Lord
Vitality: C
Mana: B+ (B++)
Physical Attack: C (C+)
Physical Defense: B
Magical Attack: C+
Magical Defense: B+ (B+++)
Agility: B (B+)
Charisma: B
Achtung! The Gauntlet is messing up our choices!
B. Your mana capacity and magical abilities have increased. Minor increase to Mana, Magical Attack and Magical Defense.
C. You become stronger at going on the attack. Minor increase to Physical Attack, Magical Attack and Agility.
Be vigilant, citizens!

Edit: Actually, our base stats increased, but our Halo lost its shine, not providing the ++ to Mana anymore, but diverting one + to Physical Attack and Agility instead.

No idea why the Magical Attack got raised though. Never mind, it's per our choice. :stupid:

Last edited:

Aw.

edit: I'm sure all will be explained in the update. If only we were more patient. :M

Baltika9

Arcane
Told you guys not to fuck with the gauntlet. On the bright side, we're now a fantasy Nasreddin. A bumbling magician riding around on his faithful donkey cow, getting into all sorts of wacky adventures.
Nasreddin_%2817th-century_miniature%29.jpg

Nevill

Arcane
On the bright side, we're now a fantasy Nasreddin.
I have several books with Nasreddin adventures in my home library. If we could pull off even half the trollan that he did, my purpose here will be complete.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Edit: Actually, our base stats increased, but our Halo lost its shine, not providing the ++ to Mana anymore, but diverting one + to Physical Attack and Agility instead.

I forgot to add a + for the Mana stat, it's fixed now. B+ after the level up, B+++ with the halo upgrade.

As for the increase in physical attack and agility, you can blame it on the gauntlet.

Nevill

Arcane
Gauntlet of Barbatos
Now we just have to figure out whether it belonged to this:
Barbatos.png
Or this:
Both would be fine, though. :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom