Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

Baltika9

Arcane
Nothing like starting things off with a bang, but what if I said that character creation begins after the prologue ends? :M
Then what's the point of this guy? Are we creating our own nemesis?

Baltika9

Arcane
You are playing an Overlord, aren't you?
I'm not sure what this means, but if we really are making our own worst enemy, I always wanted to face Ean as a villain. That man can be terrifying.
Flipping to CA>CB

Will this LP feature empire building?

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Why fuck cheap hookers our whole life, when we can fuck slutty princesses and drink expensive whisky?
You dream too small. We do not set limits to our ambitions. We just make sure our priorities are in the right place. A powerful mercenary will get princesses (and maybe even Overladies) and great riches, but why refuse the small victories?

Empowered by the three goddesses of fate, the life-threads of the chosen Hero are far more resilient than that of mere mortals
Our ultimate achievement will be the conquest of all three Goddessess of Fate. Beat that, glory hounds! :P

I'm not sure what this means, but if we really are making our own worst enemy
Our worst enemy will seduce all of the succubi, drink all of our beer, mess up our carpets, piss in our fountain, rob our treasury blind - and worst of all, he will live to tell the others about it. Because he is very infatuated with living, not with going out in a flash of ULTIMATE GLORY.

Ean can't compete with sheer annoyance this guy can dish out. :salute:

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
This guy can't compete with the sheer fist in your face this Ean can dish out.
+M
Seriously, though, I just want to play a no-nonsense self-made conqueror who isn't afraid to grab life by the balls and take what he wants, screw the circumstances. A nobody merc from a slaughtered village working his way to the top with cunning, ambition and liberal application of murder. Another womanizing troll like Jing (not ripping on the character, by the way, he was awesome) isn't the way I want to go here.

Nevill

Arcane
This guy can't compete with the sheer fist in your face this Ean can dish out.
A fist in your face is a lot less humiliating than all of the above. I'd rather have Ean and a sound trashing as my punishment than people snickering behind my back about being a cuckold. :salute:

A nobody merc from a slaughtered village working his way to the top with cunning, ambition and liberal application of murder. Another womanizing troll like Jing (not ripping on the character, by the way, he was awesome) isn't the way I want to go here.
But didn't Jing work his way from nobody up to a badass martial artist with cunning, ambition and liberal application of murder? :M You are bound to find similarities with the previous characters whichever way you turn. But there are also bound to be differences as well.

Jing wasn't about earthly pleasures, he was all about friendship and love. And trolling people. Didn't he steer away from the whorehouses and pubs (Drinking skill: 1 :P)? Didn't he give absurd amount of money to his friends on a whim? He also had a bit of a martyr complex. The mercenary might end up nothing like him.

Baltika9

Arcane
Jing was about loyalty and taking care of people, whether they wanted his help or not. Murder wasn't something he took lightly either.
I'm not calling CC a bad character (there's no such thing here, all of the combinations are interesting), just that it's not the type I'm personally after. And you did phrase the merc to sound like a philandering trololol, which is a theme that's been milked dry for me in Legend.
A fist in your face is a lot less humiliating than all of the above. I'd rather have Ean and a sound trashing as my punishment than people snickering behind my back about being a cuckold. :salute:
At least you'd still be alive. Poor Naram didn't survive and he's the closest thing to an evil overlord EPIC had.

oscar

Arcane
CB

Going for a sort of Gekokujō vibe. In the long run he could evolve into a sort of Napoleon/Hitler/Stalin/Cromwell figure that'd be cool. Or even a (hopefully) more successful Florian Geyer.

Nevill

Arcane
Jing was about loyalty and taking care of people, whether they wanted his help or not.
Nah. Ean was a being made of loyalty and duties to everyone, from humanity as a whole to his subordinates.

Loyalty is a concept and Jing didn't give a damn about complex ideas. His buddy Shun needs help with keeping the Empire straight? I serve the Emprah! (and then I'll go chase the Holy Maiden, 'cause the Emprah already has Ying to run lesser errands) His buddy Shun wants to eradicate the sects? Screw you, buddy! In the end, he was a man of impulses and emotions.

And you did phrase the merc to sound like a philandering trololol, which is a theme that's been milked dry for me in Legend.
Philanderer I can understand, but the trololo will never run dry! Even holier than Jesus Ean had it. :rpgcodex:

Wherever we go, we must also troll. :salute: No matter the archetype. Hell, I'll push for it even when we are the Overlord!

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Hm, did Jing ever approach a woman solely for the sake of bedding her?

Nevill

Arcane
Hm, did Jing ever approach a woman solely for the sake of bedding her?
Not to my memory, no. His backstory might have had something like this, but his actual story was different. He approached Madam Jiang to get an invitation. He was scared to death by the ones he loved, and Qilin had to basically force herself on him. Apparently, so did Cao'er. Then he gradually thawed out and regained some semblance of normality in his relationships.

For all of his reputation of a dirty philanderer, he was remarkably chaste and shy, never making a move on Yunzi before marriage and keeping his hands off Lingshu and the Twins even when they were at their most vulnerable.

I don't think he even consciously made an effort to turn anyone's head. The girls just fell for him naturally. Except maybe for Yunzi - but he was head over heels for her for years, so no surprise here.

A true gentleman fedora-wielder to the end. :salute:

I always liked his contrast with Miss Juitian - a perfect 'gentleman' on the outside with a tainted heart, and the noblest of souls with a smeared reputation. (I hope they will meet again once he comes back from the future, they were such a good pair.)

Jester

Arbiter
1)D
WHY MAGIC WHEN YOU CAN KILL THEM WITH SCIENCE! or mby magitech. I had a dream of a steam Zeppelins dropping magitech golems upon our enemies.

2)C>B
Because awesome.

Someone based on mix of Qilin and Shek sound interesting.

Esquilax

Arcane
Actually, I am with Azira on this one. You fucking plebs can enjoy your filthy commoner of a merc, I will flop my original post to a :obviously: man of sophistication and refinement. We haven't had a :obviously: character since the days of Anthony Sommers. Flopped my original post to AB. Though I have to admit that yes, Genghis Khan (CB) sounds badass.

Nevill

Arcane
This is now a propaganda thread. :salute:
“I have known many gods. He who denies them is as blind as he who trusts them too deeply. I seek not beyond death. It may be the blackness averred by the Nemedian skeptics, or Crom's realm of ice and cloud, or the snowy plains and vaulted halls of the Nordheimer's Valhalla. I know not, nor do I care. Let me live deep while I live; let me know the rich juices of red meat and stinging wine on my palate, the hot embrace of white arms, the mad exultation of battle when the blue blades flame and crimson, and I am content. Let teachers and philosophers brood over questions of reality and illusion. I know this: if life is illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and am content.”
Baltika9 C A>B
Nevill CC
m4davis CB
Tigranes DC
Esquilax AB
tindrli CC
oscar CB
Azira AB
Jester D C>B
Kz3r0 AB
Elfberserker BA
asxetos BA

A - 3 (noble prodigy)
B - 2 (peasant knight)
C - 5 (mercenary apprentice)
D - 2 (merchant mage)

A - 3 (2) (For Good & Justice!)
B - 5 (6) (For Honour & Glory!)
C - 4 (For Blackjack & Hookers!)
D - 0 (Mom, Take Me Back!)

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
BA

I think I go with old school hero with this one. I have been burned out by recent surge of tacticool mercanary heroes.
And FUCK YES, I finally remembered my password.

:kwafuckyeah:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
And FUCK YES, I finally remembered my password.
You were lurking since April? :lol:

Welcome back, bro, we missed you. :bro:

Yes.
The butthurt hurt was pretty immensive, but I found some sort of strange tranguility in it.

:bro:

Anyway Codexians!
Lend your ears to me!

We all know that the so called mercanary or bookworm gentleman will turn to yoloying good guy!
However you deny it, you know in your heart that it's true!!

Unshackle yourself codex!
Let no shame nor ignorance stay your hand from playing cliched peasant turned to knight hero character and fullfill your deepes desire to blind your enemies with shine of your armory, swoon ladies with your poetry and have big sword and white horse.

Lets play a fucking Paladin, not because you deserved, but because You need it

:kwafuckyeah:

Nevill

Arcane
I missed on playing Dio (and I found him boring anyway, so not a great loss).

I want to try out a really evil protagonist. No, seriously. I want to go full Game of Thrones at least once. :negative:

By the time Adachi was offered such a choice, I had a completely different vision of him, so I had to pass. Forgive me, Lambchop!

Regarding the grimdarkery, I'm not sure how much stomach you guys actually have for the really brutal scenarios that the Japanese love to write. Exposure to mainstream weeaboo stuff doesn't mean a thing. It' s like comparing Harry Potter to Game of Thrones. Diogenes's little scheme with his fiancee was already considered a very evil act, judging from the comments, and that really only rates about a 3 on a scale of 1 - 10 in terms of fucked up Japanese stuff I've seen (perhaps a 4 if I elaborated it in disgusting detail).
Maybe we can hit at least 5 on that scale of 'fucked up shit you didn't really want to read about'.

Baltika9

Arcane
Who says we can't do fucked up stuff? Don't necessarily have to be Ser Bronn to do evil things.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom