Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

I ate some nice tapioca molhada yesterday. Great stuff, great stuff. You should have some.
Isn't it fat as hell, though?

Actually:

A tapioca é um alimento funcional, pois pode oferecer vitaminas de complexo B, vitamina K. É ótima fonte de sais minerais e Ferro, Cálcio, Fósforo, dentre outros com menores contribuições. A tapioca emagrece e é livre de gordura e glúten, ela não possui gliadina, o que auxilia no processo de redução de medidas. A tapioca também pode ser adotada para prevenir diabetes e reduzir o colesterol. Não oferece riscos de sobrecarga calórica, pois 2 colheres de sopa oferecem apenas 70 calorias, 14 gramas de carboidrato e 1,6 grama de proteína. O valor calórico é referente à massa, deve-se atentar para os recheios escolhidos

Leia mais http://www.mundoboaforma.com.br/tapioca-engorda-ou-emagrece/#ux2i3A3gO30LrbTY.99

So it got complex B vitamins and vitamin K. Good source of mineral salts and iron, calcium, phosphour, etc. No fat or gluten, no gliadin. No risk of caloric super-charge, two soup spoons only offer 70 calories, 14 grams of carbs and 1,6 gram of protein.

tl;dl: Good for you, eat more and lift so you can be a Overlord. Just don't fill your tapioca with some unhealthy filling.

My noble indian ancestors left me good food. Did yours?

Baltika9

Arcane
Damn, I didn't know that.
:bro:
The tapioca in the local stores is total Sugar Genocide.
I'm mostly on lean beef, vegetables and almond butter. Oatmeal and eastern-europe style cottage cheese in the mornings. I'm on a bulking cycle, however, so that tapioca sounds good.

Guys, I just realized
Angels get their jollies from massive destruction, violence and fighting.
All these times we were denying our Carnage Pigeon rage, we were actually denying our libido.
In other words... I think we killed our boner!

Damn, I didn't know that.
:bro:
The tapioca in the local stores is total Sugar Genocide.
I'm mostly on lean beef, vegetables and almond butter. Oatmeal and eastern-europe style cottage cheese in the mornings. I'm on a bulking cycle, however, so that tapioca sounds good.

!
Can you snap a photo? Didn't know Tapioca was sold outside Brazil.
I bet its some foreign/southeasterner butchery! Like the "Açai" sold outside northern Brazil.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

In other words... I think we killed our boner!
I think we may only be turned by female angelz. When we fought Rin, we didn't get turned on at all.

But it was probably a good thing.

Judging by how their reproductive methods seem to work, the first time we used our boner would also have been the last.
Tapioca pudding is considered a classic american food.

Tapioca+pudding.png

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
A Year of Troubles

You take a deep breath, stretching your limbs. The regeneration pod has done its work slowly but thoroughly. Finally, after nearly two years of half-conscious restoration, you are free. As you step out of the pod and your feet meet the cold, slippery floor, you shiver involuntarily. “Master.” A goblin attendant comes up to you submissively, offering a towel with his head held down. You dry yourself clean, and as the thought of the work ahead comes to mind, you sigh. Wrapping yourself in the comfortable, thick cloth – a far cry from the sacks that were the only clothing material Grahferde could provide in the past – you set off to find Zayan.

In your absence – and in the absence of any other more capable leaders – she has taken on herself the task of running your little fiefdom, though she had promised minimal effort. She would only maintain enough as necessary to keep her workshop operational and undisturbed. You cannot blame her for that; minimal effort is after all an admirable thing. She did not have many resources to work with in the first place. You had lost the generator powering your golem army thanks to Methussian sabotage. Though you had planned to delve further into the ruins and re-establish the necessary conduit, your little tussle at Yuiria had rendered you rather incapable of doing that. And so your armies had dwindled.

Places that once paid tribute to you now felt free to ignore Grahferde. There was no retaliation coming, as your depleted forces could not afford to embark on any such expeditions. Besides, there was not much tribute that they could offer in the first place.

Your destruction of Yuiria had also affected the two great rivers running through it. The subsequent effect on the farmland in the Methussian region was catastrophic, for lack of a better word. Though the neighbouring kingdoms had initially offered a helping hand, the fall of the Byarlant Empire soon after sent more ripples of shock throughout the land. Fearing the worst, they turned to face the more concerning threat of the angel babies, whatever those were. Methuss was left to its own fate, a miserable fate of picking at bones and waiting for death. By now there was not much to rule over in this land left, not without a lot of work and effort put in.

Well, that does not suit you.

Still, despite the loss of its former expanse, the fortress of Grahferde itself continued to thrive. The dryad’s sapling that Rin had brought back has matured wonderfully, granting its boon to the land. Given the state of… well, everywhere else, it would not be an exaggeration to say that you had the most fertile lands in all of Methuss at the moment. So it was that the once sleepy village of Erise profited from its proximity to Grahferde, growing in size as refugees began to gather. Thoughts and worries about the Dark Lord were put out of mind as survival took paramount importance.

And that was the state of Methuss at the moment. Gathering your thoughts, you reach the door to Zayan’s workshop. Without bothering to knock, you throw open the door and walk in.

“You’re up! Finally! Please, just take over for good, all this business of governance is quite tiresome!” shouts Zayan joyfully as she pounces on you. You could have avoided it, but you let her. Why would you not?

You feel the warmth of her arms and her bosom, smell the slightly sweet fragrance of her scent, and taste the hint of alcohol on her breath… and you freeze up. All of a sudden you are reminded of your mating dance with the angel. Your hair stands up on end, your eyes hurt, and your heart pounds so loudly that you can hear nothing else. Then, you vomit.

After you are done retching, with Zayan retreating to a considerable distance, you cough and get back to your feet.

“Now that is interesting,” she murmurs with a glint of interest behind her glasses. “Are you traumatized by something, dear Erdrick? What a pity. I thought we could celebrate your return by spending some alone time together, continuing what we started so long ago,” she says coyly, letting down her hair and shaking it loose.

“You mean… no, no, I’m okay!” you say quickly, holding your hand up. “I’m fine, of course. Probably just some side-effect of the regeneration. It’s nothing. You can come over here.”

Teasingly, Zayan steps towards you. The moment she gets too close your heart lurches with horror and you flinch back uncontrollably. You let out a curse from between your gritted teeth.

She laughs, tying her hair back up. “You really have no luck, do you. Ah, well, you have more important things to do than play around with me, Dark Lord. Perhaps if you put your mind elsewhere you will recover.”

“Hopefully,” you mutter.

There are a few things you have to do. Unfortunately, you are short of reliable manpower at the moment. Runde has his hands full just administrating the goblins, who have begun multiplying quite quickly. Zayan wants to return to doing research as soon as possible. Lucy… can not really do much, being a cow.

It looks like you will have to tackle things one at a time.

A. You head for Erise, and then Ontoglia, to scout out how the humans are faring and if you can establish relations with them anew. As the most populous group in the land at the moment, their help will be important.

B. The slimes were almost all destroyed defending the fortress, but some survived and clumped together in a little ball for reparative hibernation. You make the trip to the northern forest where you first encountered the slimes to re-establish contact with the Slime Queen.

C. Restoring full power to Grahferde is more important – you have put it off long enough. You lead an expedition into the ruins to reconnect the conduit. Although it might be dangerous venturing so deeply without finding stronger allies first, you have no choice.

Kipeci

Arcane
Haha. :lol:

Too traumatized to have sex now that boners are a possibility. Poor Erdrick just wanted to laze in luxury with beautiful women and we've made him a workaholic who recoils at human touch. How Codexian!

As I see it, this is basically a choice as to whether or not we have slime, human or golem minions to get enough manpower to do more things. I'm most partial to the slimes because slimelords under our command would be quite the benefit... also, we can't just rely on immunity to their chemicals anymore, so being able to experiment on that jello to ward against that sort of thing is key. Maybe those aphrodisiacs from the pink slimes or paralytics could help to overcome the terror, too?

Rallying humans to get clever subordinates is also good, I just think that getting slimelords will require more time for those guys to develop and I really want them so humans aren't my very first priority. Still a good choice, though.

The one thing I'd be against is subterranean exploration for the moment. We've got no friends for effective meat shields, and the reward is more golems if we don't run into trouble.

But treave, what is Zayan's preference? She's really been a bro in attending to us for years, so her opinion matters to me. Unless she's just so sick of this sort of thing that she doesn't even want to think about it. Also, has she done anything interesting as a experiment the couple years we've had Erd in that test tube of hers?

Edit: Forgot to vote, d'oh.

B > A

Baltika9

Arcane
C>A
We have the most fertile land and no forces to guard it or people to work it. Mercant is, at heart, a merchant. A businessman. Time to do what we do best.

You feel the warmth of her arms and her bosom, smell the slightly sweet fragrance of her scent, and taste the hint of alcohol on her breath… and you freeze up. All of a sudden you are reminded of your mating dance with the angel. Your hair stands up on end, your eyes hurt, and your heart pounds so loudly that you can hear nothing else. Then, you vomit.
Great, now we're Stan.
tumblr_mxs8refSrV1so18vqo1_500.gif

C>A

Last edited by a moderator:

Kipeci

Arcane
What's the reasoning for so many C votes right now? Golems are kinda shitty and we don't have much back-up to support Erd in a dangerous trip to the below. Am I missing something else that makes the option more attractive?

Kayerts

Arcane
I think the explanation is that, in our decision-making flowchart, "we dun goofed" goes to a box labeled "is the CYOA still going on?", and "no" leads to "recriminate!", and "yes" leads to "Hail Mary." C's our Hail Mary because, if it works, it potentially gets us an army of golems again. Are golems good against flying, holy apocalypse beasts? I would normally say no, but in consulting the creative franchise which inspired this particular apocalypse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzm5kSE3TqYa

It seems they are.

Also, the process of exploring the dungeon beneath the Demon God's old lair will probably contain some other form of power-up. It also has a nonzero chance of containing horrible death by Forgotten Beast, hence the Hail Mary.

What's the reasoning for so many C votes right now? Golems are kinda shitty and we don't have much back-up to support Erd in a dangerous trip to the below. Am I missing something else that makes the option more attractive?
Army of golems + there might be some kind of eldrich abomination right under our feet we still haven't dealt with.

Edit:
Amended my vote to C>A though because I highly doubt restablishing contact with the slims will go well after we left her daughters to die horribly in the battle so we could save a goblin and a cow.

Kipeci

Arcane
I agree that it leads to an army of golems if we win out, but we saw that our army of golems was a pretty shitty force when we had vastly more of them with a more convenient root to tap. The Eldritch Abomination thing makes more sense, but if it's been fine down there for all this time when we had much more activity down there that's now petered out then I'm not sure why something would be coming out now aside from us poking it in the eye? I'd like more friends before I go down there.

The slimes aren't all dead just yet. They can still be regenerated; that may not be the case for forever. At any rate, the slime guardian of the forest has much less in the way of organized human issues to ward against and that may allow more freedom for her to help us. The unfortunate business about her daughters aside, she still owes us her life debt.

Kayerts

Arcane
I agree that it leads to an army of golems if we win out, but we saw that our army of golems was a pretty shitty force when we had vastly more of them with a more convenient root to tap. The Eldritch Abomination thing makes more sense, but if it's been fine down there for all this time when we had much more activity down there that's now petered out then I'm not sure why something would be coming out now aside from us poking it in the eye? I'd like more friends before I go down there.

The slimes aren't all dead just yet. They can still be regenerated; that may not be the case for forever. At any rate, the slime guardian of the forest has much less in the way of organized human issues to ward against and that may allow more freedom for her to help us. The unfortunate business about her daughters aside, she still owes us her life debt.

I think you're probably right, but people are antsy because the thread has been moving slowly for a while, and we just lost a ton of power, which is a recipe for rash choices. (See: the last five or so.)

I'm not sure that the golem army was shitty; it was what allowed Rin to conquer most of Methuss. Agree that it probably won't be useful against angels with our current golems; perhaps Zayan will invent laser cannons that we can mount on the golems to make them glorious surface-to-air engines of destruction.

Kipeci

Arcane
The golems just can't think creatively because they're tools. That allowed for huge gaps in our defenses and uninspired tactics even though we outnumbered everyone. We were able to occupy vast tracks of land, true, but we also had many more of other subordinates to guide them (also, Rin) and apparently had only the shakiest of grasps on our own territory.

Going for humans builds our rapport with them and allows us to start recruiting them en masse, which is going to be necessary if we don't want to garrison all those towns with some sort of monster. Humans are going to be about the smartest subordinates that we can get our hands on, and since so many refugees have arrived to our area as well as the town that was there previously we have a large pool to recruit from right now in the immediate area. This is quite possibly a reasonable capital area for Methuss given that the rest of it is now in a shambles.

Slimes are a longer-term investment not as good for projecting beyond our immediate area (right now) that may yeild powerful slimelords down the line as well as ample chemical compounds to analyze and make use of at the moment. I think that's probably the best option for Erdrick personally because he's no longer immune to chemicals and we need to start thinking of antidotes because our foes use that stuff all the time.

lightbane

Arcane
Welp, the end of the world is on the rise and we fucked up nearly everything, as usual in Codex's CYOAs. On the plus side, the elf lady is somehow still interested in Mercant in spite of having become a "regular" human!. Too bad he can't get a break. :lol:

A>B

Kipeci

Arcane
Okay, if I'm counting the votes correctly, the tally is as follows with the members in parenthesis being secondary preferences:

A: ERYFKRAD, Jester, lightbane, (Kipeci, Baltika9, Lambchop19)
B: Azira, TOME, Kipeci, Grimgravy, (lightbane)
C: Kz3r0, Storyfag, Baltika9, Lambchop19, (Grimgravy)

Put numerically, that's...

A: 3 (6)
B: 4 (5)
c: 4 (5)

So it would appear that A is marginally winning out at the moment. If nothing changes we're going to start establishing relations with the humans and begin trying to recruit them, but it doesn't take much to shift it towards either closer contact with Brunnen and access to her slimes along with the regeneration of our own or for underground spelunking to try and get power for those golems again.

Baltika9

Arcane
My bad for not getting back to you earlier, Kipeci. The playground has lost its sense of community lately.
I'm voting for C>A because Erdrick is a businessman first, everything else later. Right now, we have the most fertile land and no people to farm it and no military to enforce our claim on it. We could very well establish our own city-state over here which plays to Erdrick's strengths very well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom