Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

Kz3r0

Arcane
A.
A.
A.
I. Rin
III. Robust

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
B. You give Mieren’s body a decent send-off and burial. She would not want you toying about with her remains after her death.
Necromancy is tempting, but we didn't choose that type of hero, and Mieren would not approve. As she is probably the only being we still consider our friend, I'd like to give her a decent burial.

A. You use a healing potion on her before she actually dies. She did well to come back and you should reward her bravery. Though you are uncertain if it will work on non-humans, it is worth a try: even if it doesn’t, at least you now know it doesn’t.
A perfect guinea pig for our remedies, and the best way to bind Runde to our will. The guy has talent, and he might get to a position of our court mage - and maybe a regent of the Goblin Realm when the time comes for us and Rin to move on. Best to keep him motivated.

And if he ever displeases us, well... it is always better when they have something to lose. :cool:

A. You will head for the ruins.

I. Rin
III. Robust
Rin is non-negotiable, being our best fighter and the only woman for miles. And Robust is expendable in case we need to fling some MASSIVELY damaging spells around. He'd probably be proud to go out like that, too.

Runde, as a fellow mage, is too valuable to risk in a skirmish, and as a chieftain's son he is the best regent we can ask for, the one that has a birthright to command in our absence. You don't come across minions like him all too often.

Last edited:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
1B Let's not go too emo on this. Let her rest. The memory is what we should save. Not a rotting corpse.
2A Ah. Yes. Let's experiment. We could let her die, but I find this to be an interesting opportunity.
3A, I, II I want the intelligent goblin around. And the "supreme mistress" too. Her abilities will be useful.

Nevill

Arcane
I have a feeling that the human expedition was due to them seeing a certain Ion Cannon in action and coming to investigate the phenomenon.
Duh, it states so in the update. :M

Choices and consequences, I suppose.

On the other hand, that means that there is a large human settlement nearby, perhaps a city or at least a castle. There are no shining armors and flags to be found in a village. This is an organized force that belongs to a noble lord, if not a king.

That means we aren't stuck with just goblin females and Rin for the immediate future. That's a nice silver lining to our current situation. :cool:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I can't exactly make good on that enslaving nations with necromancy thing if you guys keep avoiding all the hooks for obtaining necromantic powers. :rpgcodex:

Runde, as a fellow mage, is too valuable to risk in a skirmish, and as a chieftain's son he is the best regent we can ask for, the one that has a birthright to command in our absence.

Goblin chieftainship isn't hereditary. You'd have learnt more about their society by now if you had chosen to go with A, but since you went with B you're a bit behind on the goblin culture aspect, though that can be remedied soon now that communication is possible. On the bright side, with the spell you'll able to converse with the humans directly if you choose to do so.

ScubaV

Prophet
Necromancy is tempting, but we didn't choose that type of hero, and Mieren would not approve. As she is probably the only being we still consider our friend, I'd like to give her a decent burial.

A perfect guinea pig for our remedies, and the best way to bind Runde to our will. The guy has talent, and he might get to a position of our court mage - and maybe a regent of the Goblin Realm when the time comes for us and Rin to move on. Best to keep him motivated.

And if he ever displeases us, well... it is always better when they have something to lose. :cool:

Rin is non-negotiable, being our best fighter and the only woman for miles. And Robust is expendable in case we need to fling some MASSIVELY damaging spells around. He'd probably be proud to go out like that, too.

Runde, as a fellow mage, is too valuable to risk in a skirmish, and as a chieftain's son he is the best regent we can ask for, the one that has a birthright to command in our absence. You don't come across minions like him all too often.

Pretty much this. 1B 2A 3AI/III

Nevill

Arcane
I can't exactly make good on that enslaving nations with necromancy thing if you guys keep avoiding all the hooks for obtaining necromantic powers.
You just said there is a waifu that can do this for us:
There were tales of a Necromancer Queen who could achieve such control over life and death – and was later struck down by the Goddesses for her hubris – but those were old stories dating back centuries now…
Why would we personally bother with it, then? :M

Isn't this the essense of a perverted slacker scholar? To work hard to get all the waifus and them make them do all the work?

Last edited:

ScubaV

Prophet
I can't exactly make good on that enslaving nations with necromancy thing if you guys keep avoiding all the hooks for obtaining necromantic powers.

If we wanted necromancy, we should've gone for Skeletor. But then we couldn't figuratively bone, and even if we could no one wants to bone zombies.

Nevill

Arcane
it is what the fans wanted.
iz4LIBv.jpg
No. :M

Then again, it is yet unknown what Biowarean necromancy would have looked like. Maybe he did us all a favor.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
A
A
AI / III

I want necromancy, even if we have to use our only trustworthy friend remains.
Besides we are overlord mage and doing insane experience on former friends and lovers is our heritage as villains:salute:

Besides now we have opportunity to keep our boners while rising bones to do our bidding
:kwafuckyeah:

lightbane

Arcane
Whoa, you are a fast worker, treave. Too bad the wing didn't grow back on its own (or at least not yet). Anyway, my choices:

1: B. We skipped the necromancer route already. And not even Rance would bone zombies, for not to mention the girl is one of our reasons for being butthurt ANGRY.
2: A. We are mages. If we have to use a option on us INSTEAD of on our companions/meatshields, something's gone wrong. Besides, it is an useful experiment, plus as a wizard sooner or later we should get healing/item creation spells, solving this issue.
3: A, I and II. We cannot level up if we let the npcs do the killing. Bring Rin and Runde, the former because she's our strongest asset, the latter because the junior mage can get an on-site training. Robust should take charge of the defense, just in case.

Also, I would add that given the opportunity we should look for a change of clothes, even if it's a chainmail suit. After all, a loin-clothed angel is not particularly a terryfing visage :M.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Also, I would add that given the opportunity we should look for a change of clothes, even if it's a chainmail suit. After all, a loin-clothed angel is not particularly a terryfing visage :M.

More of a sack-cloth hobo angel at the moment, but the major problem is that you can't wear any armor on your upper torso thanks to that wing, unless it's modified, and you'd need a smith for that.

Nevill

Arcane
you can't wear any armor on your upper torso thanks to that wing
What about this one?
Rank D
Mage's Armor - Magical armor grants moderate increase to physical and magical defense as well as immunity to arrows
Admittedly, it will not be a part of our everyday attire, but so is Rin's armor of shadow.

It might become relevant due to the abundance of archers in the raiding party.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It's translucent, and not very stylish looking at that. Just a coat of shimmering magic over your body.

Esquilax

Arcane
A. You have the goblins dig a purpose-built room under the great hall and you freeze Mieren’s body within it with your magic until you can find a way to bring her back to life.

Goddamnit, we could have still had an undead harem! I don't see why Mieren being dead should deter us. Being a Harem King is a serious responsibility - it means that we must love our women regardless of whether they are alive or not. Besides, it adds a very neat, creepy dimension to our villainy. That being said, I'm not too hung up on this choice, and going full-Goat Doctor with this character isn't something I'm particularly dead-set on. Uhihihihi!

As for the potion choice, we have to be careful how we handle our minions. We have to pull off some Napoleon-type leader shit here, not too friendly so that people know who's in charge, but not too much of a cunt either. The latter method didn't work for our Minotaur friend, as the goblins seemed to revile him. We wiped out a bunch of them with our Gigadyne, showing off our power in the process. But maybe it's time for a measured dose of mercy here.

I'm willing to hear counter-arguments - these potions seem to be quite rare and we'll probably be needing them sooner rather than later. I would hate for someone who is actually useful to us to die in battle and not have a potion handy just so we could save one of several dozen expendable goblins we have available.

Now, as for the mysterious human force that's arrived near the ruins:

A flag with a two-headed raven. You are not familiar with that flag – it does not belong to the Seven Kingdoms.

treave, are there any human nations other than the Seven Kingdoms that exist? If it's not a rival nation, this could be some sort of mercenary force... or someone hostile to the Seven Kingdoms themselves. It is wise to remember the old adage that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" - these people are not with our enemies, so they might be open to negotiation. Also, treave, is Princess Rin any good at diplomacy or not? I would imagine her inherent demonic arrogance and belief in demonic superiority might make diplomacy with humans somewhat troublesome. Plus, I can't imagine that most people would be at ease upon seeing a demon approach. We have to consider this a bit more carefully.

On that note, I'm going with the somewhat unorthodox combo of Runde and Robust. Runde is obviously far more useful, as he is our apprentice, and coming with us will put him at risk, but hey, what better way to learn than on the job? The Zhang Jue method of pedagogy is tried-and-true in these LP's.

A
A
A II III

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Goddamnit, we could have still had an undead harem! I don't see why Mieren being dead should deter us.

Uhihihihi!
Pretty fitting:
“Uhihihihi! Oh, man, you still look so fucking good no matter how many times I see it. It's a big damned waste to have you buried and left for worms to fuck. I've gotta get that hag to let me have you somehow.” giggles Julius Gallardo. “Well, before we start, my precious... let's have the usual course, shall we? Gods, I can't wait to do it tonight.” By the sound of it he appears to either be more insane than before, or high on something.

There's the sound of fabric dropping to the floor, as the coffin rattles slightly.
However, I'd like our Overlord to have a bit more class than that. :obviously:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave, are there any human nations other than the Seven Kingdoms that exist? If it's not a rival nation, this could be some sort of mercenary force... or someone hostile to the Seven Kingdoms themselves. It is wise to remember the old adage that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" - these people are not with our enemies, so they might be open to negotiation.

Not that you know of. The Seven Kingdoms have been the only human powers around for a couple thousand years. You do not recognize the flag at all.

Also, treave, is Princess Rin any good at diplomacy or not? I would imagine her inherent demonic arrogance and belief in demonic superiority might make diplomacy with humans somewhat troublesome. Plus, I can't imagine that most people would be at ease upon seeing a demon approach. We have to consider this a bit more carefully.

She can be diplomatic with non-humans. She certainly is popular with the goblins in her own right so far. But her interaction with humans for most of her life, before she had the misfortune of crossing your path, has been limited to sticking them in torture chambers and/or chopping them up with her axe.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I'm willing to hear counter-arguments - these potions seem to be quite rare and we'll probably be needing them sooner rather than later.
Everyone is forgetting that we are not human anymore, those potions could be useless for us or worse.
Let's test them, if things go wrong we can always make up some excuse.

Baltika9

Arcane
A
A
A II III

I'm down with necromancy, nothing says we can't learn it. Since we're a god (or something), being able to bring people back from the dead would be a great skill for propaganda.

Nevill

Arcane
I would imagine her inherent demonic arrogance and belief in demonic superiority might make diplomacy with humans somewhat troublesome. Plus, I can't imagine that most people would be at ease upon seeing a demon approach. We have to consider this a bit more carefully.
There is not a lot to think about.

- The humans are known to take goblins as slaves, as Runde's story has shown. If they managed to capture one of our minions, they will hear a tale about the Demon God's return, and then we will have a problem on our hands.
- That limits our diplomacy options, as it means the raiding party must not return back.
- However, we can't use Gigadyne to wipe them out, either, as two Ion Blasts in close succession, with one of them wiping out the scouts, is something that the local lord will consider a threat and will want to investigate with much greater resourses invested.
- The group can't vanish off the face of the earth completely, too, as it would only make the lord/whoever is in charge more curious and they will keep coming.

So the way I see it, we should wipe out most of them, capture the rest for interrogation, seek out someone willing to betray their master or simply brainwash them, and have them tell a tale of how they found nothing in the ruins but were ambushed on the way back by... I dunno, bandits, or a minotaur, or something.

I doubt these guys would be much of an ally, if only because the humanity we know is led by the Goddesses. Also, they have a history with demonkind, and it is not a very positive one:
According to the goblins, they worshipped a Demon God named Vaalgrahf, who once walked amongst them ten thousand years ago, and united all of the races under his harmonious rule. He was vanquished by five heroes chosen by the Five Gods of Light, and banished along with his castle to a land of eternal darkness.
I assume those heroes were human, given certain tensions between the races.

My guess would be that we are far away from Seven Kingdoms, since we are in a realm that Vaalgrahf was banished from. It isn't surprising that we haven't heard of them, just as Rin has never heard of this place or her ancestral history before the banishment. We are discovering a completely new world here. Well, forgotten would be a better word.

This is also why I doubt they are at odds with Seven Kingdoms, or even heard of them.

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
A for the first choice, clearly. It's a great waste to just bury her so that she decays further, and besides that, using our magic to freeze her is a smidge of extra practice with magic that we might as well throw on over doing nothing. At worst, she's just buried in ice rather than dirt and there's no real difference. At the unlikely best, +1 harem member as a bonus on conquering the world with necromancy.

Second option, I'd like to go with A. The sort of situation where we might personally need to use a healing potion is not the time to discover that they work as poison for other beings or something, and this can be spun as alright whatever the results are. She's healed for her bravery, great! She dies horribly... well, she had been bleeding all over our statue.

As for the last one, I'm going to have to go with A II & III. As the guy who was going to be trusted with assassinating the king of all the demons before we got a power boost, we should be pretty good for handling a raiding party even should it go to violence, which it doesn't necessarily need to since we can use some form of diplomacy. Thirty guys were counted, probably some more than that... well, bear in mind that a lowly rank C summoning spell of ours can summon up to 50 lightning elementals without having us break a sweat. They're probably not all that strong as mages since they didn't even manage to kill a goblin after blasting her with fire and ice even after she was made into a pincushion with arrows. I don't see a reason why they should be viewed as a threat by us. Now, while we're out I want the village to have a defense, and Rin is the best for that considering how she's an obvious second-in-command figure with a ton of power by herself whom would find it easy to organize a defense. Taking Rin with us is just overkill and it leaves the village relatively unguarded.

oscar

Arcane
B
A
A
- II, III

Originally was going to take Rin, but yeah likely overkill.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom