Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I dunno, I think we're no longer qualified for this position anymore :M

Actually, you were never really qualified in the first place, but that doesn't mean you should stop thinking of yourself as one! If you believe, you will become a real hero. :M

Well, I had the impression C meant that she would immediately start torturing them the moment we stop looking, that's how demons usually act.

She would, but she can't torture all of them at once, there's only one of her (and perhaps a goblin assistant or two) and there's still about seven of them left. One at a time. :M

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What the fuck is this bleeding heart decline.
I know that you wanted necromancy to rule a horde of mindless zombies, but if you ever find yourself in charge of living beings it might help if your second-in-command does not use them as claw sharpeners.

Many an Overlord have fallen into this pitfall, and I do not intend to follow in their footsteps. :M

I think this list would be a good starting guide:
http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html

Of course, some parts have not aged well, so they'll have to be replaced, like this one:
31. All naive, busty tavern wenches in my realm will be replaced with surly, world-weary waitresses who will provide no unexpected reinforcement and/or romantic subplot for the hero or his sidekick.
Some things are just not worth it.

Also, at worst can we try to send a Doppleganger to the torture chambers to pretend we're with her and make Rin happy. Chances are she'll be so busy she won't notice as long as we nod once in a while.
It's not like not being present at the torture you've ordered makes you a saint. :lol:

Other than that, Eyes of Bullshit Seeing. :M

If… if you are in any way a sla... a subject of Methuss
Hmm. Haven't seen that one before.

So the Melthussians might have enslaved theirs, huh? Well, this will not stand! We shall level Melthuss to the ground and capture the slavegirl liberate our comrade! :outrage:

It looks like there is some sort of heavy prejudice against non-humans that might be shared between the kingdoms. We can lead the rebellion of the downtrodden against their capitalist oppressors! Let the glorious Revolution commence! :obviously:

Edit: I was thinking about making them our own minions through a fear of death or a generous offer, but it appears that these racist mysoginist pricks won't be happy serving a non-human. Too bad, I might just flop to C.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
C

As far as I can tell, it scores points with Rin, it gets us the most info, they're liars under a false flag, it's pretty fucking obvious that they expect to have an "out" as prisoners of war, and they're actually not allowed in Methus in case Methus ever comes asking.

So, fuck 'em.

lightbane

Arcane
She would, but she can't torture all of them at once, there's only one of her (and perhaps a goblin assistant or two) and there's still about seven of them left. One at a time. :M

She's the daughter of the Demon Lord and yet she cannot torture half a dozen people at once? :decline: of Rin. Anyway, I'll change my vote to C, if only to keep Rin in check and prevent her from killing everyone. We should spare some for later use/ransom/experimentation. In addition, note that having a greater-than-normal empathy makes it quite clear that going full retard with EVIL is NOT a good idea, unless you wish to become brain-melted with evil thoughts.

Addendum: Note that nothing has confirmed this fellow Carnage Pigeon angel is female. It could be he's actually a young teenager angelic being that somehow causes our MC to be flooded with strange emotions :troll:
At worst, he could be even our enemy, in case he believes he's doing the right thing by aiding these humans.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Do we know what kind of dungeons our kobolds have?
Our enemies have earth molding spells, So I am not quiet sure how we could hold them....How do we would actually hold these guys prisoners?

Aaah fuck it.

I trust our guy to have enought foresight to handle those matters.
I vote for C

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
How do we would actually hold these guys prisoners?
We probably don't. I am with Baltika on this one - interrogate them, then either integrate them into our army* or dispose of them. They have seen too much.

I do hope for some good cop/bad cop action with Rin, though. :oops:

Oh, and we can single any one of them, tell them that their commander broke and spilled the beans, mention that they are the Ecclesiocrats as an aside (they believe we have no way of knowing that), and say that we want to verify a few details. If they think it is useless to deny the obvious and that we already know everything they will break even without applying torture more than once. :M

* would have been easier with necromancy.

Jester

Arbiter
C
You kill our guys, we kill your guys. Next time dont make us work. Simple rule.

Kipeci

Arcane
C. Rin is happy, the gobos are happy, really everyone's fine with this except for the humans but it doesn't seem like they were the type to join up with us anyway given their reaction upon seeing us, glad we didn't go with diplomacy after all. Our instincts the moment we came to the field of battle are a matter of some concern and probably indicate a part of why they're so fearful.

“We are Galbaldian forces sent here to spy on Methuss. If… if you are in any way a sla... a subject of Methuss, by the Concord of Loum we submit to your forces as prisoners of war, and expect to be treated accordingly.”
It does not seem like the angel that is with Methuss would be serving with them voluntarily. We should start up the Angel Liberation Front with some haste! The kingdom whose territory we've been transported to should be the most doomed one to start with, anyway.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Meh, A>B. I'd rather keep the balance between good and bad as to not become too cliche.

GreyViper

Prophet
B - but feed unknown to them cooked meat of the fallen. Food is food, want not waste not. Hell we could use that fact if they did eat, why not go as far as try to turn them.

Whatever result most of the weapons that are good to use should be sent to main camp.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

“No, that wing… that shining halo… it is not a demon,” gasps a mage. “It’s a… it’s a Carnage Pigeon!”
HAHAHAHAHA! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD PIGEON!! :M

lol, good thing we didn't try diplomacy.

C>D - They'll get the same treatment they gave their prisoners - but there will at least be a purpose to our torturing them.

Kayerts

Arcane
Actually, you were never really qualified in the first place, but that doesn't mean you should stop thinking of yourself as one! If you believe, you will become a real hero.

Like Shinoseki Adachi!

So these HBE bros were here under a false flag. (MINOTAUR FIRE CAN'T MELT CASTLE RUINS.) They think we are with Methuss. If we send them back to the HBE, news of Methuss's terrifying new angel weapon could foment antagonism between those two nations. We could also take their Galbadian flag and plant it behind during a future raid into Methussian territory--burn a few villages, etc. If all goes well, we could draw our neighbors into a three-way brawl.

This probably doesn't work if we take them captive and then release them, since they will have seen our goblin village and will probably conclude that we are not with Methuss. Also, what's worse for international diplomacy than a war crime?

I'd like to propose a modified A option. We demand that they surrender their equipment, then let Rin murder the smarter ones, viz. the mages and commander. (This makes her happy.) The dumber but still trustworthy knights will then be released as witnesses to the atrocious cruelty of Methuss, pestilence be upon them. We collect the flag along with the rest of loot and use it in future ventures.

edit: Fine, flopping to C, but I'm hoping for a kayoss-for-the-sake-of-kayoss vote soon.

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

You are right, they are convinced we are from Methuss. If they had any doubt they wouldn't think we'd treat them fairly.
“We are Galbaldian forces sent here to spy on Methuss,” he repeats, his voice quavering. “We expect to be treated accordingly as per the rules of engagement, now that we have announced ourselves. We offer ourselves into your hands in promise of safe and legal treatment.”
HOWEVER, our priority is to find the artifact they were searching for, what it is and why they wanted it to begin with. These kingdoms are at each other's throats as it is. It's not worth it just to make them ancy about each other. in fact, it may discourage anyone from challenging Methuss as we would be confirming that they apparently have a superweapon carnage pigeon.

Absinthe

Arcane
Take them into custody. Don't break them, though. They might be valuable for other purposes.

I don't buy the respectful treatment for a second, but maybe Galbaldians would be interested to have some of 'their' troops back, or maybe Methussians would like to take a closer look at them. That might loosen their tongues.

Never be too quick to burn the bridges.
I don't see how we'd be burning bridges. According to the patrol we overheard, they have zero protection in Methus (hence the false flag). It's safe to say that neither Methus nor Gabald will care for the wellbeing of these false flaggers, so we're not losing any points with either of them. We can always hand them over after Rin's had her fun with them and I'm pretty sure these guys will break out asap if we put them under the watch of some shitty goblins instead of Rin.

Tigranes

Arcane
Kayerts theory will probably work, but I'd rather that we stay completely unknown as long as possible. At the very least we will be sending back these people, whose true identity we still don't know, to their masters that we have no idea how to find, who will at least tell them that the angel of Methuss has some crazy half/non-human super lady warrior with them. We will also become instantly recognisable, at least to them, on sight.

And as Absinthe says, it's likely that neither nations even know these people are here. If they disappear... well, it's fine.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'd like to propose a modified A option. We demand that they surrender their equipment, then let Rin murder the smarter ones, viz. the mages and commander. (This makes her happy.) The dumber but still trustworthy knights will then be released as witnesses to the atrocious cruelty of Methuss, pestilence be upon them. We collect the flag along with the rest of loot and use it in future ventures.

You could do this, but maybe it's safer to attempt long-term schemes based off rumours that you can't control only after you've gotten a better idea of the local geopolitics and also what an angel actually means.

Still, you can have that as option E.

You are right, they are convinced we are from Methuss. If they had any doubt they wouldn't think we'd treat them fairly.

That is actually not the case at all. The commander suspects you're not from Methuss. He is also suspecting if you're really an angel. They're expecting to die either way. It's in the update. I can't tell you why he's behaving as he is, though.

Kz3r0

Arcane
. I can't tell you why he's behaving as he is, though.
Guys, this is another magick surprise prepared in case the mission fail, obliterate them before magic induced suicide bombing happens.

archaen

Cipher
Patron
B < C

B as long as we immediately gag and bind the mages and strip everyone down to their birthday suits before moving out. No message spells or wands, rings, etc. going off once we are in our village. We can always turn them over to Rin at a later date if they prove uncooperative and we may confuse them as to our allegiance. It will be hard to duct tape them back together if we need them in the future for some reason.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom