Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Spiral

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
We will, if we are staying dead. :M

Gah, saving Nami is the only thing I want out of this now. Is that too much to ask?
puppy_eyes2_32x32.png

Nevill

Arcane
Nah, it was Arms, Legs and Dick. But which one was which?
ranceD.png

Edit: there may be other consequences apart from the apparent ones. Losing consciousness (and time), ending in a certain part of the mansion, Maeda's fate etc. The die can stand for absolutely anything, it's the laughing smiley that scares me.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Dog Consequences

Your head raised high, your chest held straight, and trying not to blink despite the pouring rain, you march forth at a slow pace, towards the mansion’s entrance. Towards the doors. Towards the dogs. Their growls deepen even further in warning, dropping into an almost imperceptible tremor of sound that sends instinctive shivers up and down your spine. You ignore it. You take a few more deliberate steps. The dogs back away slightly, their tails held high, baring their many sharp teeth in a snarl.

Your confidence bolstered, you take a few more steps forward.

They huddle closer together.

You can do this.

Your will is iron.

Iron that – unfortunately – melts when seven angry and fearful dogs snap and lunge at you as one.

Whether it is because they are triggered by your calm yet intrusive actions, or if something else was in play, you do not know. Neither do you care to, at the moment. Resisting the urge to shriek, with nowhere to run, you raise your arms to fend off the howling pack. Amongst the flurry of teeth and claws, amidst the rain and thunder, at the precipice of life and death, your senses sharpen. A canine maw closes over your forearm, and you pull away just in the nick of time for it to grab hold of nothing more than your soaked sleeve. You kick out, sacrificing a sandal to the dog’s jaws in order to protect your foot. As the pack piles upon you, you roll underneath the mass of growling teeth, twisting and turning this way and that, pushing with your palms and kicking with your feet. At last, with a ripping noise, the last of your clothes are torn away and you tumble free and naked but unscathed, staggering to your feet as the dogs rip into the fabric.

Ei giggles. “You are such a pervert, Acchan!”

The dogs turn their heads and stare at you, pieces of cloth hanging off their muzzles. On the bright side, the way in front of you is now clear.

Of course, that is only if you move now.

You bolt for the mansion, and the dogs give chase. They bark and snap at your heels, but do not manage to catch you before you reach the porch. As you clamber up the doorsteps, the dogs circle back to a further distance. They sit on their haunches with a whimper and begin to howl in frustration, before slinking away into the night.

Panting and dripping, you shake your head in relief and enter the mansion.

You find yourself in a large hall. The floor is polished marble, and a grand staircase, carved from dark wood and polished to a sheen, curves up to a second floor. The sparkling glass chandelier above you is swinging gently, kept in motion by the breeze wafting through the open door. There are logs crackling in the fireplace, but otherwise, it seems to be deserted. You wonder if you shouldn’t have asked about the people currently living in the mansion when you had the chance.

According to Ei, Maeda is in a room on the second floor. You sneeze, and shiver, rubbing your shoulders.

“Hm, I think I saw a linen room near the dining room, Acchan,” says Ei, pointing to a set of large doors to your left.

A. There is no time to waste. Still naked, you rush up the stairs to find Maeda.

B. You have not heard any screams yet, so Maeda’s probably still safe. It is more important to cover up first, for your own protection, if nothing else.

Kz3r0

Arcane
A.
Reason will say to search for a weapon, but fuck that our dick will suffice.

Kz3r0

Arcane
treave can you prepare the next update now, please?
I sense a total bAndwagon incoming.
In the name of the D.

Nevill

Arcane
Your will is iron.

Iron that – unfortunately – melts when seven angry and fearful dogs snap and lunge at you as one.
So we can stare into the Abyss and get chewed by it with nary a whimper, but a few flea-bitten chihuahuas are enough to shake us? :decline:

We need to resort to drastic measures to bolster our confidence. We are bold and free again, let us not lose this important quality. Maeda-saaan, I'm coooooming!!! :bounce:

A. I hope she won't jump out of the window.

Hmmm, those were Yukina's father's clothes. First, the parasol, and then this. It is as if the Mansion is trying to erase her every trace in the world. :(

I sense a total bAndwagon incoming.
Please, can someone actually vote with the common sense in mind? Please? :negative:

'cause I won't. Not this time.

Last edited:

Kz3r0

Arcane
Hmmm, those were Yukina's father's clothes. First, the parasol, and then this. It is as if the Mansion is trying to erase her last trace in the world.
Or maybe you were right and nothing of this is real and items disappears like in videogames or maybe we crossed an invisible border and nothing from outside can enter the mansion's ground.

Nevill

Arcane
Or maybe you were right and nothing of this is real and items disappears like in videogames or maybe we crossed an invisible border and nothing from outside can enter the mansion's ground.
If we find Maeda naked as well, we'll have our confirmation. :salute:

If you had run to the shrine first Maeda could have been a tsundere miko whacking you with a broom and calling you pervert. :M
But a broom is fine, too. :M

Nevill

Arcane
It is more important to cover up first, for your own protection, if nothing else.
Serious question, though, what are we seeking there? Apart from the clothes to cover with. What is this about protection? What kind of protection the clothes can offer, and from what?

According to Ei, Maeda is in a room on the second floor. You sneeze, and shiver, rubbing your shoulders.
From instant anime cold? :M

You wonder if you shouldn’t have asked about the people currently living in the mansion when you had the chance.
Hm, if Maeda has barricaded herself on the 2nd floor, it means that the owner was there last, too. Wonder how he responds to thieves... Maybe the whole village has a soft spot for naked strangers appearing from nowhere?

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012

Baltika9

Arcane
Nah, it's just that the dogs were trying to keep us safe from the mansion, but we didn't listen. Then they tried to drag us away, but we still didn't listen.

Nevill

Arcane
Clothes protected you from dogs, for one. They'll also protect from frost, fire or acid attacks if you strip fast enough. :M
Acid attacks are no joke.

Now that the adrenaline rush has ended, let me be the first one to switch to B. I don't remember the last time Ei was so helpful of her own accord. Don't know if she wants to aid us or just tease us more. Maybe both.

if you strip fast enough.
Besides, it just offers us a chance to make it into a habit. Maybe we will invent a special technique down the line. :M

Edit: ok, if Tigranes, the most conservative of us, votes this, we are truly fucked. Might as well embrace it.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
We will break into Maeda's room with both our head and dick held high! :salute:

I wonder if Mina is around here somewhere. She should be about 17 right now...

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Wasting time sounds like a good idea to me. B Plus we might find mystery chicks to marvel at our wang. A only offers the known. Forget that.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Well, somebody had to pick up that role after Lambchop turned coats. :M
Jokes aside I had a funny thought, if my made up on spot theory that Shinoseki is related by blood to the Baron is correct maybe Ei calls us Acchan not because she is childish and such but because we are her great-grandnephew or something like that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom