Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Spiral

Baltika9

Arcane
D.
It is the only way.

Nyarmith

Educated
Oh, maybe either c or d. Since I don't think we're capable of running and D will probably fail.
C
EDIT:
Because Nevil I change to A.

Last edited:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
D if we die we die in style. And probably with more info (through visions) on WTF is going on here.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Since I don't think we're capable of running and D will probably fail.
She is even less capable of running:
She seems slow enough that she would be unable to chase after you.
The charm may have cleared her head enough so that she does not feel the urge to devour brains pursue anything living just for the hell of it, but she is still pretty insane and can't even form coherent setenses. What one does hope to achieve by 'negotiating' with mad and otherworldly creature is beyond me.

Then again, I am not surprised, since the 'Dex decided to PRAY and indulge in Sphere Diplomacy when the other choices on offer weren't good enough. :roll:

I am a firm believer that the charm have offered us an opportunity to get away, and we should not waste it.

Last edited:

Rex Feral

Prophet
A>B, run away, live to die another day.

Really guys you already forgot:

The touch of the dead eats away at both body and mind.

And now you want to kiss it. This has less chance of succes than Ghost Diplomacy in C.

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
A

Look, I am all for trying to collect all waifus and fight evil, but there will be moments when running away is most sensible option...Like right now.
Even thought I have to admit that the kissing option would bring many lulz and it's hard to resist.

Nevill

Arcane
It would be interesting to try and guess who the woman is based on what we have learned.

To me it is evident that the man the ghost mistook us for is Shinohara Juuzo. The events happened 40 years ago, and if he is 60 now, he should have been 20 then. If we are his grandson and bear a familial resemblance to him, it would be an easy mistake to make, especially if the ghost still lives in the past (we have seen numerous signs that we are in the Kaimei Hospital).

Moreover, a man who did never had to pay for his lunch? A man who would murder so that his career is not compromised (and it paid off, if you could call it that, since he have become the director of the hospital in the end)? Yeah, sounds like someone from the Kaimei group.

It also seems likely that the girl is Uehara's grandmother, or at least a relative. The update mentions her long hair, and the vision we had of Uehara in a swimsuit was with the long hair, even though Uehara herself has a short haircut. Then there is a memory of shaking hands with her, and that strange sensation of deja vu we had when Uehara took the talisman from us:
A bright smile lights up Uehara’s face. In that instant, your chest seems to tighten. Her fingers brush against yours as she takes the amulet from your hand; you wince involuntarily at the physical contact. Her fingers are warm and lively, but that makes you no more comfortable than if they were cold. The sensation, however, is strangely familiar.

Have I met her somewhere before?
It is her, I am certain of it.

It is pretty clear what the amulet did. It reached inside the ghost's heart - or maybe both of our hearts - and have produced a happy memory from the woman's life, a memory of their (our?) first meeting. It was enough to dispel the darkness for a second and to make her realize that we are not the man who had betrayed her.

Whatever it was, I am afraid the darkness only needs moments to return.
She is close enough now that you can see a pair of dead eyes that shine dully in the darkness, a hint of hateful madness glinting deep within.

She is beyond appeasing with a single trinket, and I am not entirely convinced we are qualified for the task, since our character has no clue about the larger story.

It appears that in pursuing Uehara we have accidentally reenacted a romance from 40 years ago. Good job, Codex. This seems to be a thing with treave's LPs - Ean and the Devourer, Jing and Chi You, and now this. Though the last one is not all that flattering.

Alright, so the girl wasn't killed by the director, but was betrayed by someone she trusted and possibly loved, and the director only helped hide the corpse. No wonder her spirit has gone mad from rage and hatred.

Really guys you already forgot:

The touch of the dead eats away at both body and mind.

And now you want to kiss it. This has less chance of succes than Ghost Diplomacy in C.
You are making a mistake here. You think anyone voting D is forgetting anything.

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

I am absolutely sure that if we try to kiss her, we will put an end to her confusion by reassuring her that we are indeed her lover - and by extension, her killer. Three guesses what happens to us after that.

I am less sure of but find it very probable that if we speak to her, the effect of the talisman will wear off in the middle of the conversation - if we would be able to strike a conversation in the first place. It is possible that it may work and that we might be able to find out more, but I don't put much stock in it, not after ignoring Amanozaki's offer to teach us how to appease spirits. If she displayed more signs of being coherent and radiated less unprovoked malice, then perhaps, but with the way the woman is right now...

Much as I want to return to Amanozaki and Mitsuki, I do not know if we would be able to - we have run away with no time to memorize how to get back, and I am afraid we risk another 'touch of the dead', adding arm injury to match the one on our leg. There is also a concern that, even if we do find them, we might just bring the pursuit to them.

Besides, look at the time. 12 hours have passed since we started running. We have had another inexplicable timeskip. Amanozaki and Mitsuki are long gone from the locker room.

So to me the most logical path to follow is to get away while we still can, and organize a search once we are in the clear. We now have 3 groups of people roaming the building besides us, we are bound to find someone.

It is a shame that the lulz brigade here has a stronger following than the storyfag squad. I am very interested to learn more about the story before succumbing to the urge of acquiring ghost harems (especially when we have living ones to tend to). But, eh, the 'Dex gets what the 'Dex deserves. :salute:

A>B.

Still, B choice implies we place Amanozaki and Mitsuki as our foremost concern, and that we will be searching for them whenever they are. I would very much like that. I just don't know if we can do this. I may flop to reverse the vote order.

Edit: I just can't into English on Friday evenings.

Edit2: I wonder just how much Juuzo has in common with Ikari Gendou. Perhaps the death of Uehara's grandmother was merely a prelude to something bigger? Shizuka's and Maeda's presence here can't be a coinscidence, it looks like someone had carefully orchestrated our meeting. If only we could find out what he tries to achieve. Atonement? Forgiveness? Resurrection of all the dead? Reuniting the spirit world and the world of the living?

Damn, now I am intrigued.

Last edited:

LWC1996

Learned
B. Only because I feel responsible to take care of Mitsuki...Aaand looks like Amanozaki is legit after all. Sure hope this doesn't come back and bite me in the arse. Keeping fingers crossed.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Y oh y u dont D?

Again in all seriousness - what is a better way to gain backstory knowledge then to actually ask/have contact with the ghosts. This is a opportunity and we still get a revive afterwards if it goes to shit.

Kipeci

Arcane
The last time I voted against the lulz option for something that made sense I regretted it for a long, long time.

I'm sure that the ghost will accept the D.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Final tally:

A - 5
B - 4
C - 2
D - 5

Post-flop:

A - 6
B - 3
C - 2
D - 5

Pity, you guys missed a chance to make the man in the interlude go WTF. :lol:

Nevill

Arcane
As long as we also missed a chance to meet the man in the interlude before the day is up, I am alright wth it.

Baltika9

Arcane
The look on his face would have been worth it, though. And then we would give him our creepiest smile and whisper, "You are next."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom