Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

In Progress [LP CYOA] Tower

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Ok, none of this is real, but I assume the consequences of it are very real.

The question may seem trivial, but it's important.

Close.

The trial may lead to our death. It may also be possible to interact with the girls during it.

It is definitely an illusion, but not a normal one.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  2. hello friend Arcane

hello friend
    Ok, I'm flopping to B

^ Top  
  3. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Then it would make sense for us to choose concern for Sophie. Maybe it that's what will allow us to connect with one another, and I'm genuinely concerned for her safety if this is a potentially lethal experience. Elizabeth can probably do without us, she's stronk and independent.
    They gave us that good shit: ayahuasca straight from Joe Rogan's secret stash.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Ok, so I'm torn between being honest and strategic.

I think that worrying about someone might either draw them into our delusion, possibly for real, or do something negative.

I am worried about Sophie, since this is affecting her, though she seems to have more fight in her lately.

I am also worried for Rain, as I have no idea what is happening to her now. And if we can truly draw her in and make contact with her, will she be a baby or will she be older so she can communicate with us? Might be interesting.

Alternatively, focusing on what we have to do might be positive in that we can get what we need to do done, or negative, in that we might not have help, or the girls might not have help, or it could have psychological effects down the line.

^ Top  
  5. a bear named spigot Filthy Kalinite

a bear named spigot
    I Have Disgusting Opinions
    C

• Salute Salute x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Me too. She didn't even want to be here, and that may affect her chances of succeeding and surviving. I think we ought to care for our adoptive sister, if only because we dragged her into this.

She's either asleep or eating baby formula. We left her in the village, so the Odds are Good that she's right as rain.
    *badum-tss*

It definitely will. I often compare us to John Wick, and E is the John Wick choice, but let's be honest: that character is a complete lunatic, and a bad role model for all things except combat. We already have problems with socializing and forming emotional attachments, E will only continue us on that path. I'm not super hyped about it.

• nice nice x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    You outline my feelings precisely and, while Rain may have been seen and taken by Rasputin, we can't help her at the moment anyway, so I say we focus on the ones who do need us and whom we can help.

B>C>A - Sophie. Especially since both Liz and us just now may have screwed with her head.

I also agree we shouldn't pick E. I don't want to play a zombie with no thoughts of his friends. We were always thinking about others from minute one in this let's play.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Oh shit. Good looking out, bro. I totally forgot about this part:
    Flipping to your vote.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. ItsChon Resident Zoomer Patron

ItsChon
    Alright fair enough, flip me to whatever vote is for Sophie.

• Salute Salute x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Absinthe Prophet

Absinthe
    I don't like B. It feels like it'll signify MC having feelings for Sophie. I'm pretty sure this is more a vote on who we care about the most, and you guys are trying to game it.

E>Not B or A for me. I'd rather stick with stoicism and keeping our cards open. Failing that, our little girl is our responsibility.

^ Top  
  11. Kz3r0 Arcane

Kz3r0
  12. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    How's this gonna get counted though?

• Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    I don't see it. It's ambiguous enough that I think we'll be able to define what we mean by it later.

No, it's a vote on whom we feel concern for right now, and Sophie makes sense as Lambchop, Nevill and I described above.

^ Top  
  14. Absinthe Prophet

Absinthe
    It's a vote on who we think of and worry about as we enter the maw of danger. I think it's a vote on who we care about the most.

It means that failing E, you mark my vote for whichever option is highest among C and D (or even write-ins).

Speaking of write-ins, I will add one just for kicks: E No one > F Tlalli > Not B or A

• nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    I read more as: 'as you get ready to enter this dangerous ruin, you feel concern for...'

And Sophie makes sense, because:

^ Top  
  16. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    I think that joint hallucinations and soul trips are cool. Prove me wrong. :M

More seriously... no, I don't have "feelings" for Sophie (we are 10, yo!), but I do treat her like a sister, and I do feel concern for her. It is as if it is a circumstantial thing! When someone gets in trouble, how can you not?
    No, I don't think this is how it works. You can resist peer pressure from the safety of your everyday life. When your lot is tied together with that of others, there is no place for maneuver. If she didn't go along, and we failed, where would that leave her? Strapped in a desert, alone among an unfriendly group, with two unconscious bodies she wouldn't know how to help. What would she say back home?

No, when you are in it together, you go along with the group regardless of what you think. And she still fancies herself the "adult" of the lot.
    I think this is adorable, and that if we can't keep away from trouble, we should at least not let it affect her too much.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. CappenVarra phase-based phantasmist Patron

CappenVarra
    to celebrate page 100, i'll flop to

E > C

:M

• :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Kalarion Augur Patron

Kalarion
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    C. For the same reason I told you lunatics not to take the trial [​IMG]

• No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Well, we did it anyway, so let's win this thing.

While I voted for Rain at first, she's not exactly relevant in this situation since she didn't take the challenge with us. Sophie did abbr she might be in trouble, so it makes more sense to worry about her. Even if you discount mine and Lambchop's theory about it raising the chances of her survival.

^ Top  
  20. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    Flop to B > not E

We voted to have some personal feelings when we first met Rain, don’t want to change to some beep-booping robot midstream

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    B

Gotta keep an eye on Sophie. Rain is important, and part of our overall goal, but not really part of the immediate problem. Going full autistic-robot doesn't seem enjoyable to me.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Will look to close votes in around 12 hours from now. :M

• :M :M x 2
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Orbit Educated

Orbit
    Voting E doesn't mean that we lack attachment. It means that we are able to push back concerns for our friends to focus on our immediate predicament.

Being worried about Liz, Sophie or Rain will neither help them nor us. Only if we get through the trial we have a real chance to aid them. So we should do just that and not run around like a brain-addled emo.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Absinthe Prophet

Absinthe
    "Detachment is not that you should own nothing. But that nothing should own you." -Ali ibn abi Talib

Just so you know, if you're treating this as some kind of Arabic trial and think having attachments is the answer, you could be horribly wrong.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. MoistCloister Savant

MoistCloister
    Fear is the mind-killer. E is probably the most prudent choice , but where's the fun in that?

C>E

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.