Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

In Progress [LP CYOA] Tower

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    So this, but in reverse?

[​IMG]

Goodness, I d-don't even know what to say! Is it just me, or is the room a bit humid? Rain, w-where did you put my fan?

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Kz3r0 Arcane

Kz3r0
  3. ChumBucket Augur

ChumBucket
    B

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. CappenVarra phase-based phantasmist Patron

CappenVarra
    C. You try to ditch work and explore more of the rest of the mansion.

nice role Sophie has pigeon-holed us in her inland empire, speaks volumes :lol:

let's gain further insight into the nooks and crannies of her subconscious mind without interfering with the main plot which she has to resolve by herself

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Orbit Educated

Orbit
    C. Let's search for the torture chamber and free Liz. Then get to the hall and make Sophie jealous.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. ItsChon Resident Zoomer Patron

ItsChon
    Don't worry about it brother. Take our constant angst for the next update as a compliment and a testament to your writing ability, as we're all hooked. Take your time and feel better!

I am unsure whether or not Sophie has a crush on us, but it's clear that Sophie thinks the idea of a mysterious, downtrodden orphan being taken in by an affluent family, only to grow into a tall and dashing young man that eventually wins the heart of the unhappy heiress is a rather romantic one. It's possible that the fantasy is appealing to her, and it'd also reflect on her overall character in a rather flattering way.

Hopefully she does just have the hots for us though, that's the definition of game! Either way, I'll go with C for now, as there is still time to rush into the hall and speak with Sophie. I'd rather gather all the information we can while we have the chance. Note, us sneaking in the window and speaking with the old maid worked in our favor as we were able to get new insight into the dream, who knows who else we'll run into that'll help us. It's clear that all the characters in the mansion know who we are.

• Salute Salute x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    Get some rest, man.

I think the dream is much more about Sophie living in that small village all her life and wishing she could experience the high life like in the story books. She's always disliked us not because of anything we did, but what we symbolise: ugly uncool Wrinkly that gets laughed at even by others of this crummy little village, and every time someone groups her & you together she feels she's dragged even further from her fantasies. Imagining Wrinkly as a servant with a crush is thus perfect. She may have some repressed fondness for us but it's a stretch to say oh wow she has a crush on us.

C>B

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    I did not expect any of that, even though in hindsight I should have.

Hey, we do have a narrative role in this! And it's a lowborn boy with a crush on a beautiful maiden. Allowed an education alongside Lady McClellan out of the goodness of the old Lord's heart, and intended to be her faithful servant. :lol:[​IMG]

If half of that is true, what does that say about the other half? Does Sophie want us to have a crush on her?

But it is good to know. Being a servant boy means we can provide aid to Sophie should we deem it necessary without violating the dream logic, which was one of our concerns (i.e that Sophie should be handling everything herself). It is what she expects from us, and well within our role. And... I suppose we can creatively interpret the definition of help, within reason. After all, Dream!Wrinkly is designed with Sophie's wishes in mind, so whatever he does, it must be in her interests, right?

Being assigned a servant's role is not bad. Nobody will be paying us any mind, what with the important guests around. We have free reign of the place... so long as we avoid the old maid.

B. You attempt to sneak off and find your way to the great hall that Sophie was in.

Let's see what is going on with the star of the show. That's where the action will be taking place, I assume.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    A>C

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Life of the Party Arcane

Life of the Party
    A

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. hello friend Arcane

hello friend
    C

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    So with the 48 hour mark approaching, let's do a head count.

Tally (open)

ERYFKRAD C
    oscar A > C
    Baltika9 B
    Kalarion B
    Kz3r0 B
    ChumBucket B
    CappenVarra C
    Orbit C
    ItsChon C
    Tigranes C>B
    Nevill B
    Grimgravy A>C
    Life of the Party A
    hello friend C

A - 3 (1)
    B - 5
    C - 6 (8)

Hmm. Don't feel too strongly to shill for B, especially since we chose the upper floors to check the house.
    If I have to voice my concerns, it's about spending too much time examining the nooks and crannies of the dream while missing what's central to it.
    Given the size of the arcs we've seen, whatever we find better be important because I'd give the dream to last about 3-4 updates more.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  13. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    A.

This room is disgusting, cleaning her filthy mind is the best we can do to help her. :M

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Kz3r0 Arcane

Kz3r0
    He has has not good intentions guys, this is why you should vote B.

• How about this as a button How about this as a button x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Closing votes and I believe C takes it. Update might take another day or so, but should be out before the weekend is over.

• Brofist Brofist x 9
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. baud Cipher Patron

baud
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I missed the vote, but since I was about to vote C anyway...

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • How DARE you!?? How DARE you!?? x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    After thinking about it for a while, I won't be making a full update from the previous choice. The plan was for you to pick which subsequent place to investigate but there's barely enough content leading up to that choice, for certain reasons. I should've incorporated these choices into the previous update from the start, sorry about that. At any rate, please select from the following.

The other places that you can investigate are as follows:

A. The study

B. The kitchen

C. The attic

Since there's no content here to speak of, let's close the votes in 24 hours and try to get an update out sooner.

Also this choice will be the last one for the dream arc. :M

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  18. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    C, the attic sounds suitably mysterious.

treave, I hope you're not taking my lack of engagement and DISCUSS as a lack of interest, because it's certainly not that. I'm simply out of my depth and hence I'm keeping my mouth (mostly) shut.
    :hmmm:

I hope she doesn't die, then, because of our non-intervention.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    • not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    No, by lack of content I meant I don't want to put out an update that's just a few sentences of fluff followed by "and this is where you go next", because there's actually not that much to do in this side-quest anyway. The timer for the dream quest runs out with the next update :M:M

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Yeah. AttiC.

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. ChumBucket Augur

ChumBucket
    A. Study
    We have been bookish so far, why change the trend? :M

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • How about this as a button How about this as a button x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Life of the Party Arcane

Life of the Party
    C

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    The AttiC. If this is how it ends, let's see what she's got hidden away in her proverbial closet. In the dreamscape this is where she will stuff away those disavowed thoughts and memories.

• Yes Yes x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Orbit Educated

Orbit
    A. Let's read someone's diaries.

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Well, isn't that ominous.

So we went into a dream and then spent our time making friends with old maids, doing housework, and now presumably searching the attic, without meeting the person of the dream once?

And here I thought we could get a badass dream sequence out of it. Why, Codex? :negative:

Should have bursted through the glass and made a spectacle of ourselves like Lambchop suggested.:M

C. The attic

Fine then. Let's see what skeletons lie in the closet of Sophie's mind. Can we find the source of her revulsion, perhaps? Get a glimpse at a half-forgotten memory? Find out about her being another adopted elf?

Wrinkly really is a voyeuristic pervert. And this better be worth it!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.