Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress [LP CYOA] Tower

ChumBucket

Augur
I don't think I know any teetotaler, it looks like it's not common in France
You never experienced the insanity of the prohibition, the history of it is enlightening to the nature of moral panics. The effects of it are still felt today in the U.S. As for mass, in the US grape juice was/is often substituted for wine; but even if the church used wine, due to the culture of the abolitionist/prohibitionists (of which there was considerable overlap) moral leaders were often sought that embodied those virtues even if they weren't members of the group. Which means the Father would only drink when honoring Christ.

Last edited:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Three different people with the exact same spread as me. Great taste!
B

I.
Increasing your proficiency with the Astras that you own
II. Practicing your hunting skills (ranged weapons, stealth, traps)
V. Learning more about alchemy
XIII. Spending time playing with and taking care of Rain
XV. Spending time with Sophie while doing your daily duties

Working on our Astra is an easy one considering we still have so many tiers to unlock. We need to practice our hunting skills since we'll be joining the association. Learning more about alchemy will be invaluable in the field, and has tons of utility. The remaining options, while interesting, aren't as important as taking care of Rain which is a must. Finally, when it comes to the matter of socializing with the people we know, Lambchop is correct when he says that we'll be spending a ton of time with Elizabeth once we both enter into the Hunter's Association. Knowing what we know about Sophie and the secrets she has, we'd be remiss not to try and create a bond. It's also important to note, who knows where Sophie will end up down the line? She's of noble stock I believe and it'd be good to know people that aren't only tied to the Hunter's Association.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

By the way I used a random card generator to draw all the tarot card readings so far and checked out tarot sites to write something up from there, just thought you guys might have wanted to know that it wasn't rigged. :M
Ffs. All I wanted to know about was the dreamlands and that thing we encountered in Sophie’s attic, but instead we had to deal with some cold reading conman for two updates.

*sigh*

Regardless, since B appears to be taking it, I may as well add my choices in full:

I - Astras. Our pendant Astra in particular has a lot of potential, but only if we can learn to use it.
III - combat. I’m hoping focusing on it will improve our leg too.
XII - speech. we may not get the full bonus that getting to know the villagers would have given, but at least we can get some.
XIII - taking care of Rain. Rain is of course a big priority.
XV - Talking to Sophie. Sophie may have written us off after the dream. Or there may be something darker at work. We need to know either way and we’ve already passed up a chance to learn in the last update and talked to the bald old lunatic instead. Pro tip: if you want to know what a girl thinks, ask the girl, not a fortune teller.

Baltika9

Arcane
It seems that no one wants to spend time with our soulmate. Very well.

Finally, when it comes to the matter of socializing with the people we know, Lambchop is correct when he says that we'll be spending a ton of time with Elizabeth once we both enter into the Hunter's Association.
Yeah, but Papus said that now is a good time to initiate a romance. Furthermore, we need to change our way of life to be successful. Therefore, I think that we ought to be spending time with Elizabeth now. We devoted three or four opportunities to Sophie, enough is enough.

And :lol: at her being of noble stock; 20-th century Irish clergy didn't have any more royal blood than the average Irishman, each one a king. As far as I'm aware.

Flopping (again) to:
B
XIV - Spending time with Elizabeth
XIII - spending time with and taking care of Rain
III - practicing your combat skills
II - practicing your hunting skills
I - increasing your proficiency with the Astras you own.

Last edited:

oscar

Arcane
B

III. Practicing your combat skills (melee weapons, unarmed)
XI. Learning etiquette
I. Increasing your proficiency with the Astras that you own

B

XIV. Spending time with Elizabeth while she helps her father

oscar

Arcane
Etiquette because I kind of imagine us like this dude

latest

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yeah, but Papus said that now is a good time to initiate a romance. Furthermore, we need to change our way of life to be successful. Therefore, I think that we ought to be spending time with Elizabeth now. We devoted three or four opportunities to Sophie, enough is enough.
Yeah, I think our choice to learn more about romance frames this choice as more than just socialization. I mean, it's nothing like a commitment, and we are kids, but the seeds of a relationship will be there.

Let's see where we are at.
ERYFKRAD B III V IX X XIII
Nevill A II XIII XIV XV
baud B I II XIII XIV XV
Azira B I X XII XIII XV
ChumBucket B I II XIII XIV XV
Kz3r0 B I II XIII XIV XV
asxetos B I II XII XIII XIV
Baltika9 B I II XIII XIV XV
Orbit B I II V XIII XIV
Kalarion B I II V XIII XV
Kipeci A I XII XV
ItsChon B I II V XIII XV
Lambchop19 B I III XII XIII XV
oscar B I III V XI XIII
a bear named spigot B I II V XIII XIV
Grimgravy A I II XII XIII XIV
Absinthe B II III IV V XI
Life of the Party B I II V VIII XIII
Tigranes B I II V XIII XIV
CappenVarra B II III V X XIII
MoistCloister B I II XIII XIV XV

A - 3
B - 18

I Astra - 17
II Hunting - 16

III Combat - 4
IV Nothing - 1
V Alchemy - 10
VIII Astrology - 1
IX Sleight-of-hand - 1
X Drinking - 3
XI Etiquette - 2
XII Speech - 5
XIII Rain - 19
XIV Liz - 11
XV Sophie - 11
Didn't count A vs B as it's overwhelmingly in favor of more training. Autism for the autism throne.
No contest for Astra handling, Hunting, and Rain cuddling, but it's an open race between Sophie, Liz and Alchemy.

Edit:
Sooo... is it worth ditching Alchemy for a chance at trying to figure out what is in Sophie's head?
Maybe hanging out with 3 people would be enough for us to change more towards socialization?

Last edited:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Nah we need Alchemy. I'll flop to some other shit if it means we get to keep Alchemy, but spending time with both Elizabeth and Sophie is lame.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Some of the choices look like they dovetail nicely with each other. A sounds like it would include a bit of Speech, Etiquette, and perhaps drinking. Spending time with Liz while she helps her merchant father could help a bit with math.
A - Let's make some friends and show the town we're not the weird loner.
II - Hunting is our bread and butter. Must get better.
XIII - We mustn't neglect the child.
XIV - Chat up Liz and maybe pick up some business acumen.

and if B wins as looks likely: don't discount the value of the town's goodwill should trouble come knocking...
I - Astra stuff is cool.

XII - Cover this weakness for when Scotty comes home and continues his jackassery.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
... bro ... she's twelve.
Rain is two, and she is the cutest of them all. She is also leading the polls. :M
Also, I think Liz is younger than Sophie by a year, though I can't cite where I got that from.
I'll flop to some other shit if it means we get to keep Alchemy, but spending time with both Elizabeth and Sophie is lame.
Dunno. We had precisely 0 friends in the village when we started out. Now we have two. One should appreciate that.

We are not exactly the friendliest face around, and connections with people don't come naturally to us.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
ERYFKRAD, you can vote for ranged combat on top of melee combat, at least.

Also, guys, treave has cunningly hidden a mystery option in the poll. Option IV is mysteriously not listed. Let's pick that one and find out what it does.

Voting B II, III, IV (the mystery option), V, XI

B. You decide to focus more on your own pursuits. (Allowed to pick five activities in the next choice)

VIII. Reading about astrology

Baltika9

Arcane
Reposting Nevill's tally and question from the last page:

Let's see where we are at.
ERYFKRAD B III V XIII IX X
Nevill A II XIII XIV XV
baud B II V XIII XIV XV
Azira B I X XII XIII XV
ChumBucket B I II>III V XIII XV
Kz3r0 B I II XIII XIV XV
asxetos B I II XII XIII XIV
Baltika9 B I II XIII XIV XV
Orbit B I II V XIII XIV
Kalarion B I II V XIII XV
Kipeci A I XII XV
ItsChon B I II V XIII XV
Lambchop19 B I III XII XIII XV
oscar B I III V XI XIII
a bear named spigot B I II V XIII XIV
Grimgravy A I II XII XIII XIV
Absinthe B II III IV V XI
Life of the Party B I II V VIII XIII
Tigranes B I II V XIII XIV

A - 3
B - 16

I Astra - 15
II Hunting - 14

III Combat - 6
IV Nothing - 1
V Alchemy - 11
VIII Astrology - 1
IX Sleight-of-hand - 1
X Drinking - 1
XI Etiquette - 2
XII Speech - 5
XIII Rain - 17
XIV Liz - 9
XV Sophie - 10
Didn't count A vs B as it's overwhelmingly in favor of more autism training. Autism for the autism throne.
No contest for Astra handling, Hunting, and Rain cuddling, but it's an open race between Sophie, Liz and Alchemy.

Edit:
Sooo... is it worth ditching Alchemy for a chance at trying to figure out what is in Sophie's head?
Maybe hanging out with 3 people would be enough for us to change more towards socialization?
What do you bros think? Like with our melee/unarmed skills, I'm sure that we'll be able to find better alchemy trainers at the Society, which kinda makes me think that spending time with Sophie is more important. We'll likely not see her for a long time after this.

Flopping to B I II XIII XIV XV

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom