Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress [LP CYOA] Tower

Absinthe

Arcane
I suspect that if we do not spend time with Sophie, she will not be a party member in the future. Hey treave, is it possible to merge XIV and XV into a single option? I understand we won't get quite the relationship gains but it may be useful to make sure they're both doing alright.

Also, everyone vote IV - if for no other reason than to see what Treave will come up with if it wins.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Sophie is bothered by something. She doesn't like adventure, but she also can't be blind to the difference between the life she leads and the one she dreams about.

She might come along.

I just think that since we are ignoring the village at large it might be worth it to cultivate the few connections we've made while in there. Childhood friends is perhaps the longest lasting kind of friendship there is, since it's easier to approach people before the relationships grow too complicated.

You can pick up a skill later in your career, but you only have one childhood.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I am flopping too.

B.

I. Increasing your proficiency with the Astras that you own

II. Practicing your hunting skills

XIII. Spending time playing with and taking care of Rain

XIV. Spending time with Elizabeth while she helps her father

XV. Spending time with Sophie while doing your daily duties

Baltika9

Arcane
Due to the nature of the vote, and unless we're voting by package (which I do not think is the case), we need more flops from alchemy to Elizabeth. C'mon guys, let's spend time with our future colleague and all around awesome friend and our elder sister, whom we probably won't see for a while after we leave. We can study alchemy from the experts in the society.

Just think of how jealous Scotty and Andrew will be of us for spending time with all the girls in the village.
:incline:

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
we'll be leaving both this village and Sophie behind in two years tops, so why waste time on those dead-ends?

B

activities, in order of importance:

XIII. Spending time playing with and taking care of Rain
X. Taking up drinking
V. Learning more about alchemy
II. Practicing your hunting skills (ranged weapons, stealth, traps)
III. Practicing your combat skills (melee weapons, unarmed)

ChumBucket

Augur
I would like to add that spending time with Sophie and Elizabeth would not be done in a vacuum. It is entirely possible that we would also have residual interactions with their peers and elders.

Nevill

Arcane
It isn't the primary focus of the options, though there were speculations that hanging out with Elizabeth could teach us a thing or two about money since she is helping her merchant dad.
I am less sure what that would mean for us and Sophie, since we already live in McClellan's household.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Will check votes and close in around 24 hours. Ignore IV for now, but if you want to vote for it anyway I'll just count it as a wasted vote.

Baltika9

Arcane
Reposting Nevill's tally.
Let's see where we are at.
ERYFKRAD B III V XIII IX X
Nevill A II XIII XIV XV
baud B I II XIII XIV XV
Azira B I X XII XIII XV
ChumBucket B I II XIII XIV XV
Kz3r0 B I II XIII XIV XV
asxetos B I II XII XIII XIV
Baltika9 B I II XIII XIV XV
Orbit B I II V XIII XIV
Kalarion B I II V XIII XV
Kipeci A I XII XV
ItsChon B I II V XIII XV
Lambchop19 B I III XII XIII XV
oscar B I III V XI XIII
a bear named spigot B I II V XIII XIV
Grimgravy A I II XII XIII XIV
Absinthe B II III IV V XI
Life of the Party B I II V VIII XIII
Tigranes B I II V XIII XIV
CappenVarra B II III V X XIII
MoistCloister B I II XIII XIV XV

A - 3
B - 18

I Astra - 17
II Hunting - 16

III Combat - 4
IV Nothing - 1
V Alchemy - 10
VIII Astrology - 1
IX Sleight-of-hand - 1
X Drinking - 2
XI Etiquette - 2
XII Speech - 5
XIII Rain - 19
XIV Liz - 11
XV Sophie - 11

Nevill

Arcane
We got exactly equal number of votes for Sophie and Liz.

You know what that means, folks.

bf1716406d9b8483fd64fd8421daf804c1c620c3_hq.jpg

Baltika9

Arcane
The only war worth fighting is a war over Grandma Tlalli's attention. We are her only grandchild and we'll cut anyone who tries to steal her from us.

Nevill

Arcane
We are her only grandchild
What about Rain?
I would have you know, Baltika9, that it is because of your reckless act that we can not channel Tezcatlipoca through our body to purge demons like Tlalli does, but have to resort to crude methods like a knife.
You are right Nevill. I fear that I have committed a grievous sin
We should protect her from the mistakes we made in our youth, and get her trained early in the arts of PRAYing to Aztec gods. Gram-gram needs a worthy successor.
“Sorry if I worried you, kids,” She smirks wryly and gets out of the bed, stretching her limbs. “Not as young as I used to be, y’see. Ain’t easy to call a god into your body… Most people would just drop dead.”
And Aztec gods seem to like them young. :M

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Aw hold up, I would've removed my vote from Sophie to make it a tie between Sophie and Alchemy if this was the case. treave We can't do like a recount or some shit? I was at work.

Baltika9

Arcane
Factional Reputations:

Scotsfield Village: 25
Hunter's Association: 10
Al'tayyih: 25
You know, for a disfigured and low-CHA boy, we sure are good at making friends.

:happytrollboy:

Tome of Theseus (Water, mutability)
Rank 1/3 - Maps your surroundings in a 1 meter radius.
Rank 2/3 - Allows you to view the immediate 1 meter radius of the map in your mind
Rank 3/3 - Marks and tracks a single living entity that you sufficiently understand; this entity can be used as a proxy for mapping.
I have to retract all the shit I talked about this Astra. This is pretty damn useful.

Nevill

Arcane
No Amulet of Akasha affinity increase. And we hoped for that one, too. :negative:

At least we should be safe-ish from kidnapping attempts in case John Bull decides to say hi again.

ChumBucket

Augur
Rank 2/3 - Allows you to view the immediate 1 meter radius of the map in your mind
Rank 3/3 - Marks and tracks a single living entity that you sufficiently understand; this entity can be used as a proxy for mapping.
Now we do need a pet doggo to help with scouting.:shittydog:

ChumBucket

Augur
No Amulet of Akasha affinity increase. And we hoped for that one, too.
For all we know, its power might be relative to Rain herself. We merely can access it as we are her guardian.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom