Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress [LP CYOA] Tower

Baltika9

Arcane
B. Miecao Someone needs help!

It seems our master has an even lower CHA score than us.
:lol:

Kipeci

Arcane
B.

Might as well bite the bait on the plot hook.

Hmm..! ‘Unwise’ to abandon the deer? As in, -1 WIS in favor of some ‘curiosity’ (+1 INT)? Nice try, you almost had me!

A. Disregard and acquire venison

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Might as well bite the bait on the plot hook.
I mean, what else are we gonna do for the rest of our life?
For as long as you could remember, your master had drilled into you how to hunt beasts in the wilds. How to follow their tracks, how to lie in wait without making a sound, and how to bring them down. And that was all you learnt. At the age of ten, where other children would be indulging in learning and playing, you know of nothing but the hunt.
FFS, we're illiterate, innumerate and we can (I'm assuming) barely even speak.

Tigranes

Arcane
Yoda told us to hunt, not to save maidens! Maidens only bring trouble!

But hey, alright, I'll be sensible this time with a B

Absinthe

Arcane
So far there are 9 A votes to 10 B votes.

Nevill B
Smashing Axe A
asxetos B
Baltika9 B
Kipeci B A
Life of the Party B
ERYFKRAD B
CappenVarra A
Tigranes B A
Zerafall A
Azira A
Lambchop19 B
hello friend B
baud B
Grimgravy A
Kz3r0 A
Oscar A
Esquilax B
Absinthe B

Last edited:

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
look on the bright side, this is a character literally born with a heart full of neutrality and conditioned to: 1. see edible animal 2. kill edible animal - we might yet salvage this and build an assassin

Baltika9

Arcane
look on the bright side, this is a character literally born with a heart full of neutrality and conditioned to: 1. see edible animal 2. kill edible animal - we might yet salvage this and build an assassin
Yeah, an assassin of deer.
The shadow that all forest critters fear.
We will be Fear, we'll become the Night.
And we'll make all the rabbits run in fright.

Not feeling it. Real talk, I'm hoping that we'll rescue someone who will give us a ticket outta here and onto a more, ahem, prestigious job, like a spy or bodyguard.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012

Baltika9

Arcane
A - 9

B - 9

Kipeci and Life of the Party, please confirm that I've counted your votes correctly. You either put down the wrong letter, or did not put one down at all.

Smashing Axe - A
Kipeci - A (?)
CappenVarra - A
Zerafall - A
Azira - A
Grimgravy - A
Kz3r0 - A
oscar - A
Tigranes - A

Life of the Party - B(?)
ERYFKRAD - B
asxetos - B
Baltika9 - B
Nevill - B
Lambchop19 - B
hello friend - B
baud - B
Esquilax - B

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
A - 7

B - 9

Kipeci and Life of the Party, please confirm that I've counted your votes correctly. You either put down the wrong letter, or did not put one down at all.

Smashing Axe - A
Kipeci - A (?)
CappenVarra - A
Zerafall - A
Azira - A
Grimgravy - A
Kz3r0 - A

Life of the Party - B(?)
ERYFKRAD - B
asxetos - B
Baltika9 - B
Nevill - B
Tigranes - B
Lambchop19 - B
hello friend - B
baud - B
:oops:
Thanks for the catch! Can’t believe I nearly gave up a deer, an arrow, and however many hours we’ve stalked it to follow some phantom voice.

Voting A

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Thanks for the catch! Can’t believe I nearly gave up a deer, an hour, and however many hours we’ve stalked it to follow some phantom voice.
The real question is: could there perhaps be a more interesting prey in that direction? Say, a wolf, or a bear?

...or even some Astra?

Esquilax

Arcane
A. Ignore the scream. Your job today, as it is every day, is to hunt. You don’t need to bother yourself with anything else. If you stop tracking the deer now you might not ever find it again, and that would be rather unwise.

B. Investigate the scream. For the first time in a very long time, a small ember of curiosity stirs in your heart. You want to see what is going on.

I think, on a meta level, the takeaway here is what kind of character this encounter will produce. A, I'm pretty sure will result in a more stoic, "level-headed" type character that is not really concerned with much in the way of abstract ideas or philosophy. B's more unpredictable - this injured person is the first person we have encountered in years, and it's the first time that we've been curious about anything related to the outside world in a very long time since this day-to-day grind is all we know.

We've never played the sort of character that would make a decision like A, which makes it inherently interesting. But I dunno, the prospect of meeting someone completely new after all this time seems exciting, so I'll go B for now.

Tigranes

Arcane
Esquilax, you're right. You're absolutely right.

So on that basis, I'll flop to A.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom