Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress [LP CYOA] Tower

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
B

Absinthe

Arcane
So far we're gambling which choice isn't Sphere Diplomacy: Is it going on a Totally Harmless Ride with the cannibal monstrosity who promises to take us out of this mess and seems rather untrustworthy OR is it attempting Diplomacy with a pissed-off overpowered knight who clearly hates inhumans, finds MC extremely suspicious, and probably only spared us because he intends to interrogate us thoroughly before he finishes matters?

Hey, ItsChon, any chance you'll flop back to A? B seems most likely to cost us Liz at least.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
No, if he does that, the A's will have it, because it's not just +1 A vote, but also -1 B vote, ie. taking us from "6 A votes vs 7 B votes" to "7 A votes vs 6 B votes".

ERYFKRAD, are you willing to flop from B to A? Attempting diplomacy and submitting ourselves to the local authority is not the barbarian way.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Yeah, let's get some A votes to continue exploring this Tower's secrets. The Cannibal Duke is a key player here, rivaling even Uridimmu for power, so that's definitely an opportunity for some insights right there.

It'll be fun!

Tigranes

Arcane
I'm not sure what to vote, honestly, because it seems like we're already in Sphere Shop and we are choosing between two flavours

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
No guarantee of any "deeplore" on Bull's route. And even if you get some, it will likely be all the lore on whatever it is he's ripping off/out of you, Liz or Rain piece by piece.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm not sure what to vote, honestly, because it seems like we're already in Sphere Shop and we are choosing between two flavours
I think the Tower Deeplore will be the more interesting of the two flavors.
The political/less fantastical elements of the Tower will be just as steeped in Tower Deeplore as the Cannibal Duke route I'm sure. Don't you remember earlier updates?
As you seem to have surmised, the strongest Astras may even command the powers of gods from mythology. How that came to be we do not know, of course, as galling as it is for me to admit it. Still, it is something I cannot deny. I have seen the Knight-Captain of the Teutonic Order wield Mjolnir with my very own eyes, and the might it grants is truly something beyond the reach of any man... and of course, anyone who dabbles in the boundaries between life and death have heard of the powers of the rumoured Longinus.
Real world countries are fighting over control over the Tower and trying to gain access to its deepest, darkest, secrets. I'm confident we'll get to see a ton of Tower deeplore with whatever route we choose.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
I will say though, the Cannibal Duke did hit us with this line.
“It is a place that has left no child unsatisfied, if I do say so myself! Oh, our young vampiress here would not survive the night if the knightly orders had their way, too!”
This does scare me a bit, and just goes to show how much of a pickle we are in.

treave The gentleman that was confronting us previously, did he have any distinguishing features about him that would reveal whether or not he was a part of a Knightly Order or the Hunter Association? When the mist surrounded us, do we know if he saw the mist as well? The last thing we see of him is his "furious face". Any inkling whether or not that anger was directed at us or the Cannibal Duke? And finally, do we have any information on Knightly Orders based on our time in the city or any information about the Cannibal Duke based on our talks with Tlalli?

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
And finally, do we have any information on Knightly Orders based on our time in the city or any information about the Cannibal Duke based on our talks with Tlalli?
A Brief History of the Tower
The State of the Tower in 1900

The Congress of New Vienna established the Council of Orders which comprises of Knightly and Militant Orders from every nation. It isn't said the seat of the Council is also located in New Vienna, but I would assume so. We can expect there to be many orders with a lot of differing views, which gives us a leeway so long as our fate isn't decided within a single Order that has an ax to grind with undead.

Of course, our involvement in the incident, if it comes to light, reduces that leeway significantly.
No guarantee of any "deeplore" on Bull's route.
There can be no question that Comrade Bull is the more "deeplorable" out of the two.

+M

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave The gentleman that was confronting us previously, did he have any distinguishing features about him that would reveal whether or not he was a part of a Knightly Order or the Hunter Association?
You should probably read his description again.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
You should probably read his description again.
I read the bit about him being dressed in the clothes of nobility and the elaborate gold collar around his neck with the insignia of the hanging ram. Does the insignia inspire any association within Wrinkly?

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I've re-read the update. And doing so, I'm quite tempted to flop my vote. For nothing else, then to keep us from stalling the next update. :troll:

Seriously though, the knight gives off vampire-vibes of his own. And he has questions for Wrinkly, says nothing directly about Liz nor Rain.

Good! I've flopped to B then, amending my vote. :kfc:

Baltika9

Arcane
The political/less fantastical elements of the Tower will be just as steeped in Tower Deeplore as the Cannibal Duke route I'm sure. Don't you remember earlier updates?
I remember. It's just that the Cannibal Duke is a creature of the Tower, abs a seemingly influential one too. He is what everyone else is trying to study, so there's that angle.

I'm perfectly aware that we have two shit options to pick from, so I'm picking the one that seems more interesting to me.

Absinthe

Arcane
Pretty much. At this stage I'm mainly voting against whatever seems to split the party.
I will say though, the Cannibal Duke did hit us with this line.
“It is a place that has left no child unsatisfied, if I do say so myself! Oh, our young vampiress here would not survive the night if the knightly orders had their way, too!”
This does scare me a bit, and just goes to show how much of a pickle we are in.
That's pretty much the reason why I'm voting A. Liz is in danger here. And we can only hope they won't find fault with Rain either.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't think her biology is entirely human.

In other words, there is no need, and she'll probably be fine once she gives Wrinkly another hickey.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom