Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress [LP CYOA] Tower

Baltika9

Arcane
Your counting is dishonest Baltika9. I explicitly stated that if B wins I'll flop to E. We've got ourselves a tie, boys!
I thought you were playing around. As in, "I'll flop to E if and only if B wins (the vote, and no sooner)." Not the first instance of such tomfoolery. Fixed, E is in the lead.
@Non-Edgy Gamer is currently D, I think. So it should be:
He's on D > B > E, as per the post on this page.

Edit: if someone wants to do a full tally with all votes listed, be my guests. I'm enjoying my weekend.

Oh well, looks like it's going to be master roshi in the end. Could be worse, I suppose but let's be a good sport about it. I'll make it my own personal objective to select the choices that most likely lead us to punching communists.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Alright hold on, I want to make a distribution of the votes before any flops.

A. The Widowed Skeptic - 1

Azira

B. The Disgraced Junker - 5

Erykfrad
Baltika9
Hellofriend
Blizzardstockholmsyndrome
Nicebrain

C. The Charming Conman - 4

Tigranes
Orbit
ItsChon
Absinthe

D. The Genius Apprentice - 3

Nahel
Grimgravy
Nonedgygamer

E. The Deadly Monk - 3

Kipeci
Kalarion
ChumBucket

As we can see, this is a pretty interesting distribution, and I would like to once again throw my support behind option C. While B does sound very cool, as others have pointed out, it would be nice to play a character that can actually talk and and be proactive. If we pick C, it doesn't mean we have to be a manipulator/bullshiter. We're in the tower, who's to say we don't over a new leaf? Maybe our character isn't physically strong, hence his propensity to flee from danger, but get a couple of Astra's, and who's to say we can't get a little ballsier. The idea of a Sherlock Holmes/Peaky Blinders/Nicholas Flamel style vibe seems like a lot of fun, and I will point out that it would be nice for us to interact as equals with some of these fascinating characters in the tower. Wrinkly was a child, and thus we got treated like one. The Monk is not going to be able to speak the bloody language, so you can forget about interacting with anyone. C will be new and interesting I feel.

Regardless, once the flops are taken into account.

Azira

B. The Disgraced Junker - 6

Erykfrad
Baltika9
Nicebrain
ItsChon
Nonedgygamer

C. The Charming Conman - 2

Tigranes
Orbit

D. The Genius Apprentice - 1

Nahel

E. The Deadly Monk - 6

Kipeci
Kalarion
ChumBucket
Grimgravy
Absinthe
Hellofriend
So at the moment we are currently tied. Anyone interested in making some final swaps to break said tie? I would honestly prefer even A or D over E. I can see the cool aspects of it, don't get me wrong, but playing charades with everyone just seems so fucking exhausting, and choosing the Monk option is so special snow flakey, I cringe just thinking about it.

EDIT: Nevill you haven't voted btw.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
I'm in for a bit of stoppage-time C bandwagon, I'm really not into B and I can see the objections to E re: language barrier. ItsChon go ahead and flop and give us momentum! I don't think treave will ninja close a vote like this one.

Remember, whenever we pick characters, we talk like it decides everything, but honestly it's more about what kind of general propensities we're in for. So I'm not super fussed which exact one we choose, but I WOULD like to be able to pursue some talkative options in particular after Wrinkly.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yeah, no ambushes here. Take your time to consider which character you would prefer, but at the same time don't overthink it.

Baltika9

Arcane
Damn. I see that Max von Falkenhayn knows the importance of looking good while being depressed. Wearing that Curt Kobain look.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
@ItsChon go ahead and flop and give us momentum! I don't think treave will ninja close a vote like this one.
I already did flop my man, the votes before any flops are listed in my last post. If any of the B guys flop, we're winning the vote. Baltika9 care to come over to C? Let's pull some bitches and learn some dope Astras while we're at it. Come on man.

Baltika9

Arcane
@ItsChon go ahead and flop and give us momentum! I don't think treave will ninja close a vote like this one.
I already did flop my man, the votes before any flops are listed in my last post. If any of the B guys flop, we're winning the vote. Baltika9 care to come over to C? Let's pull some bitches and learn some dope Astras while we're at it. Come on man.
Sorry dude, Enflammes sounds like a French surname and Johnny sounds like he's too busy chasing money to chase girls.

Let's be the depressed cute guy that pulls girls by being a hot mess. And Max prolly has points in guns and time to spare on women. Just saying.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sorry dude, Enflammes sounds like a French surname and Johnny sounds like he's too busy chasing money to chase girls.

Let's be the depressed cute guy that pulls girls by being a hot mess. And Max prolly has points in guns and time to spare on women. Just saying.
Besides,
Maximilian von Falkenhayn is probably code for
MAXIMUM FUCK

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Fair enough, the gap between C and B isn't very large at all for me, as long as we don't get stuck with E. I'll keep riding for C, but if worst comes to worst, I'd hope one of them would be down to flop to B to break the tie over E.

Nice to see that there has been some discussion over the weekend! I'm not flopping my vote but I already have made plans for whatever character we choose. I see the potential in being a Chad Thundercock with the C option but B sounds like a tortured soul, like a classical goth except he can hold his liquor and shoot a remington. Also, he's a man from the turn of the century. Even the scrawniest pencil pusher back then could mog any of us (you know, because of all the soy and estrogen in the water)

Just imagine how many fair maidens of the roaring twenties will look at him and say, "yeah, I can change him" or how many hussies will look at him and go , "yeah, I bet that I can get my hands on that Falkenhayn fortune".

If the options are down to fuck, we can't go wrong with either B or C.

Also, just to keep things interesting: E will be a mute in the begining but Astras can do anything. What if by chance he finds a language astra that makes him a polyglot? Anything can happen!

Esquilax

Arcane
As much as I like the idea of a smooth-talking rogue, (an option that we haven't gone with in the past), the down-on-his luck war vet scratches my itch. The geezer is interesting, but I dunno, interesting as a character and interesting as a protagonist are two different things in my book.

B

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Update
Before Flops

Azira

Erykfrad
Baltika9
Hellofriend
Nicebrain
Esquilax

C. The Charming Conman - 4

Tigranes
Orbit
ItsChon
Absinthe

D. The Genius Apprentice - 3

Nahel
Grimgravy
Nonedgygamer

E. The Deadly Monk - 3

Kipeci
Kalarion
ChumBucket
After Flops

Azira

B. The Disgraced Junker - 7

Erykfrad
Baltika9
Nicebrain
ItsChon
Nonedgygamer
Esquilax

C. The Charming Conman - 2

Tigranes
Orbit

D. The Genius Apprentice - 1

Nahel

E. The Deadly Monk - 6

Kipeci
Kalarion
ChumBucket
Grimgravy
Absinthe
Hellofriend
B is now in the lead. Any of you folks that voted E care to swap to C?

Kipeci

Arcane
E > C

Eh, it wouldn’t be the worst if only to show that we can still just as easily screw over a character adept at DISCUSS!!!

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
That gives us

Erykfrad
Baltika9
Nicebrain
Nonedgygamer
Esquilax

C. The Charming Conman - 5

Tigranes
Orbit
Itschon
Kipeci
Absinthe

E. The Deadly Monk - 4

Kalarion
ChumBucket
Grimgravy
Hellofriend
Which means C is only one away from tieing B.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Looks like there's been some movement, I'll check back in 24 hours and if we don't have a tie I'll be closing the votes then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom