Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress [LP CYOA] Tower

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Everyone said:
Bar fight! Bar fight!

You retards :D Yes, let's start a fight hungover, dehydrated and most likely half-starving, with someone who's clearly used to fighting, most likely highly trained (yes, yes, it's a woman, but in our condition...), that'll end great for us! Won't be any humiliation or foolishness to come out of this, no sir!

...A.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
We pick A not because we think we're going to win. Even if we were in top shape, the fact this she's a Hunter gives away how capable she likely is. The whole point is to get a bit of a backbone.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I prefer style and cleverness to 'backbone'. What backbone do you need to attack a woman, much less one who's sworn to protect you for the duration of the trip?

We already made her sleep on the floor for two days as it is.

Baltika9

Arcane
I prefer style and cleverness to 'backbone'. What backbone do you need to attack a woman, much less one who's sworn to protect you for the duration of the trip?

We already made her sleep on the floor for two days as it is.
She seems like the type of gal who likes her lays like she likes her liquor: undiluted and with a kick. Look at the way she grins at us:
But just as you are about to give up and leave, the bartender places the third shot on the table. You stop and turn around slowly, looking at the glass, then at the woman. She looks back at you, grinning infuriatingly. You just know she’s going to try and drink this too.
This is a challenge from her. She's asking if we're as much of a soft-bellied pussy as she says we are. The path to a drink - and her, uhhhh, heart - is through violence.

Okay you won me over. I flop to C. It would be ungentlemanly to attack a woman.
She's no lady and we're no gentleman either, by the looks of it. So we'll get into a fight, get soused, and end up with a new friend. A is the way to go here, I can feel it.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
I mean, it feels like A is just a "we are drunk guy, let's be drunk guy" feels, really, and that's fine I guess. But I'm keen to find out more about our character, and since we've already learnt how much he likes drinking and how rude he can be, I'm curious as to whether he could trick somebody if he had to.

I'm sure we'll learn a bit more before shit really hits the fan.... right?

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
She's no lady and we're no gentleman either, by the looks of it. So we'll get into a fight, get soused, and end up with a new friend. A is the way to go here, I can feel it.
And I think she'll just kick our ass and sleep in our room, while we sleep outside in a puddle of our own piss.

You could be right though. I'll add A as a conditional.

It's certainly a lot better than begging or bargaining in B.

C>A

Baltika9

Arcane
I mean, it feels like A is just a "we are drunk guy, let's be drunk guy" feels, really, and that's fine I guess.
Not really how I read into that. To me, A sounds like Max reacting to a challenge as a member of a hereditary military caste who was raised for war would react to any challenge: with aggression. She doesn't want to respect a depressed man's space? Too bad, lady, we're grieving (something or someone) and we're getting our depression juice. Fuck your assignment.

And I think she'll just kick our ass and sleep in our room, while we sleep outside in a puddle of our own piss.
Why is it always urine? Anyway, this is possible, but I think she's just challenging us. This is also our character creation segment and I see Max as an cocky young officer who is confident in a fight. I can see C being interesting as well, but B kinda vibes with me.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Tally so far:

A - 4
Baltika9 - A
ERYFKRAD - A
Kalarion - A
hello friend - A

B2 - 3
Nahel - Bx
Kipeci - B2
a bear named spigot - B2

C - 4
Non-Edgy Gamer - C>A
Tigranes - C
ItsChon - C
Nicebrain - C

D - 1
Orbit - D

Last edited:

Orbit

Scholar
It's a trap, boys! Don't fight on the battlefield she has chosen. In our state we'll only get humiliated like the sad sober drunkard that we are. Let's go back to our room and channel our inner:

astraurtyp033fl.12x12_640.jpg

D it is.

ChumBucket

Augur
Blocking our access to the nectar of the gods? No lady would do that, and thus she is not worthy of chivalric treatment. A. :rpgcodex:

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Flopping to E>C>A then, assuming we think we have the money on hand for it.:M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom