Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MafIIa system requirements revealed.

racofer

Thread Incliner
  • http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/64676

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP (SP2 or later) / Windows Vista / Windows 7
    Processor: Pentium D 3Ghz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ (Dual core) or higher
    RAM: 1.5 GB
    Video Card: nVidia GeForce 8600 / ATI HD2600 Pro or better
    Hard Disc Space: 8 GB
    Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
    Peripherals: Keyboard and mouse or Windows compatible gamepad

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP (SP2 or later) / Windows Vista / Windows 7
    Processor: 2.4 GHz Quad Core processor
    RAM: 2 GB
    Video Card: nVidia GeForce 9800 GTX / ATI Radeon HD 3870 or better
    Hard Disc: 10 GB
    Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compliant card
    Peripherals: Keyboard and mouse or Windows compatible gamepad

PHSYX/APEX ENHANCEMENTS SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP (SP2 or later) / Windows Vista / Windows 7 Minimum Processor: 2.4 GHz Quad Core processor
    Recommended Processor: 2.66 GHz Core i7-920 RAM: 2 GB

Video Cards and resolution: APEX medium settings
    Minimum: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 (or better) for Graphics and a dedicated NVIDIA 9800GTX (or better) for PhysX
    Recommended: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 (or better)

Video Cards and resolution: APEX High settings
    Minimum: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 (or better) and a dedicated NVIDIA 9800GTX (or better) for PhysX
    Recommended: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 for Graphics and a dedicated NVIDIA GTX 285 (or better) for PhysX NVIDIA GPU driver: 197.13 or later.
    NVIDIA PhysX driver: 10.04.02_9.10.0522. Included and automatically installed with the game.

These System Requirements were brought to you by

2821hea.png

The way it's meant to be played™

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:retarded:

This better be an spectacular game to be worthy of such high requirements, but after seeing this I'm afraid it will be just the next-next-gen tech demo.

Micmu

Magister
Whoa. For a fucking xbox game?

Computarz became powerful enough they can "program" games in fucking Ruby inside virtual machine inside virtual machine inside virtual machine inside wrapper around wrapper inside virtual machine!

chzr

Erudite
I was dissapoint with e3 gameplay video. looked like 1950s popamole :/

Twinkle

Liturgist
Recommended: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 for Graphics and a dedicated NVIDIA GTX 285 (or better) for PhysX NVIDIA GPU driver: 197.13 or later.

Their desperate attempts to push GPU PissX get more and more hilarious.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Indeed it does. I got myself a GTS250 (a.k.a. 9800GTX+) six months ago and I'm yet to see any game that makes good use of that feature. Good thing I didn't pick up this card just to brag about physx though.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
racofer said:
Indeed it does. I got myself a GTS250 (a.k.a. 9800GTX+) six months ago and I'm yet to see any game that makes good use of that feature. Good thing I didn't pick up this card just to brag about physx though.

Ur card suxors. ATI 4770 FTW!

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well i got 9800gtx+ the original and its a OK card. Bit noisy but it does its job. Very stable. I stopped buying Ati cards cause they were unstable, I used to change every year, one year ATI, Nvidia next year, but I got tired of ATI's cards crashing all the time, last one I got was I believe 9600 pro and that was yeaaaars ago.

The current one I have now for more than 2 years and still I have no plans to change it, it still does its job really well. Runs almost everything without a hiccup.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
nVidia just trounced ATI with the release of the GTX 460. I was about to buy a 5770 to replace my oldie gt7800 and was sure ATI had this round in their pocket but for 200$ this thing is too good to pass up. Gonna pick up a 1GB version as soon as they are available again.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
got a cheap 8800gt when it was pretty new and everything runs just fine. doubt I'll upgrade anytime soon.

Sgizo

Educated
I don't know, doesn't seem to steep. Just bought a new PC and most games I play have requirements in that range I believe.

And isn't this always the case with console ports? Relatively crappy graphics but high PC requirements because of poor optimisation?

Edit: Though the requirements for the nVidia 'special effects' are rather ridiculous.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Sgizo said:
And isn't this always the case with console ports? Relatively crappy graphics but high PC requirements because of poor optimisation?

Sure. However, we're talking about consoles from 5 years ago that had no changes in hardware so far. Yet, every new game for those shitty ass systems keep on demanding more and more from its pc ports. They're either deliberately unoptimizing their games or getting more and more lazy.

MapMan

Arcane
wat.

Seriously, what the FUCK!? :x

Why do I have a feeling it'll look like gta IV and work even worse? Fuck I raged so hard.

chzr

Erudite
MapMan said:
Seriously, what the FUCK!? :x

Why do I have a feeling it'll look like gta IV and work even worse? Fuck I raged so hard.

Because it will? :M

Nihilism

Educated
If you can run Crysis (nearly 3 year old game), you can run anything.

ChristofferC

Magister
Those requirements aren't too bad. A moderate 3 years old computer fulfills the recommended settings.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom