Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Magic: The Gathering

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Who is Tricia and what does her Cock have to do with MTG?
Google is your friend. First result for cockatrice -> http://cockatrice.de/

Cockatrice is an open-source multiplatform software for playing card games, such as Magic: The Gathering, over a network. It is fully client-server based to prevent any kind of cheating, though it supports single-player games without a network interface as well. Both client and server are written in Qt 4.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
It automatically downloads the card pics (except for the background, but that is easy to set up) and that's not piracy lol, they're just pictures. You can just as well copy one by one from the Wizards database.

I'm in for the tournament thing but I'm a total casual without much sense of deckbuilding.

Phelot

Arcane
Ummm... dumb question, I know, but is this some kind of honor system where you just select what cards you have in real life?

Play 4th edition instead, fags.

Also, play Myth 2 MP instead.

It automatically downloads the card pics (except for the background, but that is easy to set up) and that's not piracy lol, they're just pictures. .

:M

So why not just copy the pro players decks?

Google is your friend
I'd rather not search for tricias cock on google, they might start thinking im some sort of rpg nerd

I might join the tournaments tho, just set date and time. Rather busy until the 17th however. Grunker has my skype, just ping me there if you want to organize anything.

you pay 1BB to destroy target creature at instant speed in the newest set

That ain't so bad though, terror is one less but nonblack nonartifact, and target player sacrifices a creature is also priced at 1b

When making decks in cock-a-trice, is there a way to exclude all sets but one or two in the cardlist...? I realize you can sort by set but that reduces you to seeing them all in alphabetical order, if you sort by mana cost or something after that you will see cards from all other sets too.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
It automatically downloads the card pics (except for the background, but that is easy to set up) and that's not piracy lol, they're just pictures. .

Why not? All the cards are free, it's heavan :M

Started with the same box.

Shit, this thread makes me want to play Magic. I remember playing MTG online using some software. Can't remember its name though. Is this cockatrice any good?
It seems solid enough, it's what people are currently using to play the game casually. Virtual Playtable is prettier but is still in its initial stages.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

Why not? All the cards are free, it's heavan :M

Grunker was talking about building a Cube on the previous page. It would be fairly straightforward to make a "cube" database and write a script to compare someones deck with the cube to validate that the deck can be built from the cube.

[edit]

A cursory google seems to imply that Cube Draft is already being done on Tricias Cock, so no writing database software would be needed.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-cube-drafts/cockatrice-cube-draft/

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Ummm... dumb question, I know, but is this some kind of honor system where you just select what cards you have in real life?

Why would you do that? You just play within the confines of some rules, with a banned/restricted list or similar.

Phelot

Arcane
I just didn't understand how it worked, but I got it now.

Urp. I don't really know how to play beyond 4th edition and before that and it looks like it has changed a lot since 1995 :lol:

Set a date sometime and maybe I can join. Not sure how much time you guys need in advance

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I hope I didn't give the impression that I would admin a tourney. I don't have the time. I would gladly play in one, however.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Oh boy, double face cards on cockatrice count as two different cards on the DB, cool thing about Virtual Playtable is that you can just transform this type of card

Phelot

Arcane
I hope I didn't give the impression that I would admin a tourney. I don't have the time. I would gladly play in one, however.

Too bad, you're now the admin, mod, coach, cheerleader, snack provider (I like Cheetos best), and judge.

Father Walker

Potato Ranger
Guys, how about we play some fun constructed format, like Pauper or Peasant? :smug:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Sign me in for the tournament! And I agree we should try some crazy stuff like cube or whatever, giving everyone all the cards will just spawn pre-biuld decks and combos...

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Oi?

No way bro, I'm not reliable for that kind of stuff...besides, this is an official RPG Codex event, so only the Staff can do this! :P

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Oi?

No way bro, I'm not reliable for that kind of stuff...besides, this is an official RPG Codex event, so only the Staff can do this! :P

Actually, I don't think that any of the Codex game tournaments have been run by a staff-member, ever.

So you see, you just go ahead and organize ;)

I'm all for Cube, despite never actually drafting one :M
But if there won't be 8 players I would rather play constructed than draft with bots. Oh, and I don't get the netdecking hate.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom