Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane Marvel's Blade - third-person game set in Paris from Arkane Lyon

ferratilis

Magister

There you go bros, Dishonored 3. Dinga Bakaba wins again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://bethesda.net/en/article/4YzbGq9Tz5TRQIiHP03mrm/marvels-blade-announced

MARVEL’S BLADE ANNOUNCED​

Marvel’s Blade is a mature, single-player, third-person game set in the heart of Paris, now in development by Arkane Lyon.

Bethesda Softworks and Marvel Games have announced that Arkane Lyon, creators of the critically acclaimed and award-winning DEATHLOOP and Dishonored series, are creating a new mature, single-player, third-person game based on the comic book hero Blade.

“In honor of Blade’s 50th anniversary, we have found the perfect match for the Daywalker in Arkane Lyon, a studio of uncompromising artists who continually push the boundaries of game design and innovation,” said Bill Rosemann, VP and Creative Director of Marvel Games. “In addition to their award-winning talent, it’s their personal passion and bold vision for our half-human, half-vampire iconoclast that makes this collaboration a perfect fit.”

Arkane Lyon have just begun development on the game which will feature an original story with the studio’s signature immersive gameplay and world-class narrative.

“As a kid of mixed origins, I felt a special connection to Blade – a hero with a dual heritage himself,” said Dinga Bakaba, Game Director, Arkane Lyon. “The opportunity to put our spin on this character is a dream of mine and a challenge that our team embraces with a passion. We couldn’t be happier to put players in Blade’s boots, as he becomes the champion of my hometown of Paris, one stake at a time.”

Marvel’s Blade game will take players to a quarantined section of Paris in the middle of a supernatural emergency. Vampires have emerged, terrorizing the city of lights and forcing Parisians to shelter inside their homes at night to wait for sunrise.

“From his trench coat to his iconic sunglasses, Blade is a slick, stylish, and driven character,” said Sebastien Mitton, Co-Creative and Art Director, Arkane Lyon. “This project is the perfect opportunity to push Arkane’s art style into an even more modern and bold territory. The essence of our work lives at the junction of impactful ideas and innovative know-how.”

Cross

Arcane
Arkane's transformation is complete. They've gone down the same path as developers like Monolith: from making original first-person games to producing multiplayer and licensed third-person games.

“In addition to their award-winning talent, it’s their personal passion and bold vision for our half-human, half-vampire iconoclast that makes this collaboration a perfect fit.”

“As a kid of mixed origins, I felt a special connection to Blade – a hero with a dual heritage himself,” said Dinga Bakaba, Game Director, Arkane Lyon.
Wait, he's comparing Blade's half-human, half-vampire status to his own half-black ethnicity? So being black is like being a soulless murderous creature of the night?

Interesting analogy. :philosoraptor:

Elttharion

Learned
Wesley Snipes Blade was pretty cool but I have zero faith they will do the character justice in A.D. 2023. Plus the fact they chose Blade because he is black/mixed is another huge red flag. Incidentally I googled Wesley Snipes for the first time in years and this is what he looks like now, JFC.

wesley-snipes.jpeg

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

Cant top this

From the vampire language and brilliant Tracy Lords, to the cult club track and Blade himself, fight choreography, etc.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's not merely artwork, it's concept art. I'm not sure the actual game will be as stylized.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Yeah, I'm not sure if modern arkane gaem will have stylized graphics, either. It's a possibility tho.

duskvile

Fabulous Optimist
I would like to have stylized textures like in Dishonored 1 to have an old school feel.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom